Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Lightbringer Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post

    Maybe the Orcs should stay out of Ashenvale? It's not their forest, it belongs to the Night Elves. It has for over 10,000 years.
    all they needed was wood and malfurion literally showed in their first confrontation that he could just regrow the trees easily
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    all they needed was wood and malfurion literally showed in their first confrontation that he could just regrow em easily
    That still don't change what he said

  3. #23
    Give me WC3 HD, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    8,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    all they needed was wood and malfurion literally showed in their first confrontation that he could just regrow em easily
    That was Cenarius, actually. He also was a great deal more vengeful and touchy about his forest being messed with. I'm sure if they'd tried negotiating for lumber rights, or convincing the Druids to come grow some trees outside Ashenvale for them to chop them down, that'd be fine. You just don't go onto someone's property and take their stuff because you 'need' it. That's called stealing.

    Avatar by Ely

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    That was Cenarius, actually. He also was a great deal more vengeful and touchy about his forest being messed with. I'm sure if they'd tried negotiating for lumber rights, or convincing the Druids to come grow some trees outside Ashenvale for them to chop them down, that'd be fine. You just don't go onto someone's property and take their stuff because you 'need' it. That's called stealing.
    IIRC they did negotiate with the Alliance for that. Then something I cannot recall the details of happened, so they (orcs) basically said; well alright then we'll go the old fashioned route!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"

  5. #25
    Give me WC3 HD, Blizz! The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    8,551
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    IIRC they did negotiate with the Alliance for that. Then something I cannot recall the details of happened, so they (orcs) basically said; well alright then we'll go the old fashioned route!
    I believe it was the Twilight's Hammer making it seem like the Orcs had ambushed and killed a bunch of Night Elves, and then skinned them.

    Avatar by Ely

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    nightelfs attackin horde in ashenvale since warcraft 3 and alliance attacked the horde in stormheim and in silithus, war is ALREADY happening
    Stop being a goddamn Horde apologist.

    Night Elves attacked the Warsong Clan lead by Grommash (Not the Horde proper, it wasn't a united faction yet). because they came in and started culling trees in land they had no business being in. It doesn't matter what the Orcish tenets or ways are, or if they even thought it was "just a forest". The Night Elves had every right to attempt to route them from their ancestral lands. Garrosh continuing this was just perpetuating a wrong. The Horde was the "warmonger" in every instances of attacks in Night Elf territory.

    The Alliance didn't attack the Horde in Stormheim. Genn Greymane saw an opportunity for vengeance against Sylvanas, right or wrong. And yes, I realize that even though it was Greymane, it's still perceived as an Alliance attack. But you are conveniently forgetting that Sylvanas & Garrosh started this first when they were attempting to raize Gilneas for the Horde. You act like Sylvanas was innocent in this. She was COMPLETELY complicit with the use of the Plague.

    War is already happening? It's been happening since the Orcish Horde first stepped foot on Azeroth's soil. Since the Trolls tried to decimate the Elves eons ago.

    I am not saying the Alliance is entirely innocent, nor am I suggesting that the Horde's methods have not been sometimes confused as act of war. But the Horde has spent more time encroaching on the lands of others and the Alliance has spent more time defending their ground.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Now with Sylvanas' allegedly morally gray moment in Darkshore, She had already won. Either way she decides to go, she's already won in that situation. There's nothing morally gray about burning the world tree when you have already won. There was the morally better situation of occupying Tel'drassil, and the morally worse situation of burning it. If she had occupied the damn overgrown thing, that would have been such a great situation for Sylvanas. instead, on a whim, she burns the tree to kill hope.
    You should really read the novella. Sylvanas intended to kill Malfurion to drive the Night Elves to desperation. Since Saurfang flubbed, and did not kill Malfurion, Sylvanas needed to do something else to drive them to desperation. Burning the world tree was the perfect opportunity for that. It accomplished exactly what she needed it to. It led the Alliance into her trap. She would have even been able to kill Anduin and Genn if Jaina didn't magically show up. So, from that perspective, it was a very calculated and smart move. It was really really really close to working.

    Now, of course, morally it is insane. :P But burning the tree was a very good tactical approach if you don't have morals. Apparently, Sylvanas has proven many times that she does not.

  8. #28
    Immortal clevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Other Side of Azeroth
    Posts
    7,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarange View Post
    Have you read the novella "A Good War"? It answers why she burned it, and it was not just because she got triggered by the night elf.
    I'm at the point where if it didn't happen in the game, it didn't happen. Having a major character's motivations for such a pivotal action be fleshed out in a novella outside of the game is just bullshit. By all means, show some other stuff about it but this is a key event at the start of the expansion... and it's in a novella? What about all of the people who never will read those?

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    3,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Stop being a goddamn Horde apologist.

    Night Elves attacked the Warsong Clan lead by Grommash (Not the Horde proper, it wasn't a united faction yet). because they came in and started culling trees in land they had no business being in. It doesn't matter what the Orcish tenets or ways are, or if they even thought it was "just a forest". The Night Elves had every right to attempt to route them from their ancestral lands. Garrosh continuing this was just perpetuating a wrong. The Horde was the "warmonger" in every instances of attacks in Night Elf territory.

    The Alliance didn't attack the Horde in Stormheim. Genn Greymane saw an opportunity for vengeance against Sylvanas, right or wrong. And yes, I realize that even though it was Greymane, it's still perceived as an Alliance attack. But you are conveniently forgetting that Sylvanas & Garrosh started this first when they were attempting to raize Gilneas for the Horde. You act like Sylvanas was innocent in this. She was COMPLETELY complicit with the use of the Plague.

    War is already happening? It's been happening since the Orcish Horde first stepped foot on Azeroth's soil. Since the Trolls tried to decimate the Elves eons ago.

    I am not saying the Alliance is entirely innocent, nor am I suggesting that the Horde's methods have not been sometimes confused as act of war. But the Horde has spent more time encroaching on the lands of others and the Alliance has spent more time defending their ground.
    "you call for peace when it suits you" fits perfectly here
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  10. #30
    Legendary! Khaza-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    6,333
    In my opinion, the War of Thorns would have come across a lot more morally grey if Sylvanas was losing the war and in an act of desperation decided to torch Teldrassil rather than claim it.

    I am not really sure why they didn't go that route unless they wanted to purposefully portray her as a villain.

  11. #31
    Immortal clevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Other Side of Azeroth
    Posts
    7,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    all they needed was wood and malfurion literally showed in their first confrontation that he could just regrow the trees easily
    (breaks into Nnyco's house, steals their computer and TV)... hey, I needed it and you can easily buy more stuff. So it's OK to invade your space and take your things, right??

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    "you call for peace when it suits you" fits perfectly here
    Oh knock it off.

    I already stated the Alliance is not entirely innocent. But the Horde factions spent more time making splintered decisions when it suited them. They have been the aggressors FAR more often. One this the Alliance is definitely guilty of is intolerance of more "tribal" races. But when those tribal races, such as Orcs and Trolls spend more time warmongering than not, it tends to leave more progressively societal races ill at ease.

    I'll tell you what, if the Humans had only ever had to interact with Tauren, I sincerely doubt there would be the levels of mistrust.

    Again, the Alliance isn't innocent. They have their ill informed and ill-intented individuals. But don't act like the Horde hasn't earned the reputation that it has.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    all they needed was wood and malfurion literally showed in their first confrontation that he could just regrow the trees easily
    Then maybe they should have fucking just asked?

  13. #33
    Brewmaster Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Planning the take over of both the Alliance and Horde for my own nefarious purposes.
    Posts
    1,284
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    "you call for peace when it suits you" fits perfectly here
    How fucking ironic and copy-outty is this?
    If you were wondering, it's very much both ironic and a cop out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm not really going to point out the flaws in your argument Nnyco, because let's be honest, three other users have already done so, and so if I defeated your entire argument a fourth time, I'd end up getting an infraction for spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I want to see an Illidari out there somewhere on the new continent with a sign that says "will slay demons for food"
    #TeamLightforgedDead #TeamMan'ari #TeamVoidMoonCity Current Expac PCE Club Worst Expac?
    I have sunk HUNDREDS into WoW CEs. WHAT have YOU purchased? - random Illidari demon hunter
    Come check out the 2018-2019 season NCAA Football thread! Go Utes! ZAPPYBOI4WARCHIEF

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •