Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did we (boomies) avoid the nerf bat?

Disc and Ret got hit, but nothing for Boomies. Did they realize all the crying was for dot padding? Or do you expect something in the future? (do we feel OP at 120?)

they nerfed lunar shrapnel, I think that is good enough

Quote Originally Posted by elynos View Post
    Oh, I think I missed that. is that on beta or live (in any of the notes)? I thought most ppl were complaining about the moonfire trait, and spamming. Do you think that will get nerfed?

don't know, but my boomkin definitely feels better than when I started legion!

Won't really know until later, as much of the imbalance and power people see now is pre-patch, and I still haven't gotten a good feel as to the placement of boomy even after spending a lot of time on the beta. Things are much, much slower at 120, especially if you can't get enough haste items. I still feel that our finishers could stand to hit a bit harder in comparison to our builders, and Azerite traits can change how certain aspects of the rotation feel.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by elynos View Post
    Wasn't it like beyond busted? Was pretty necessary to do. Even the top M+ players were saying it's now a top 5 spec because of it, but that'll probably change. Still, you do have some decent utility, bonus if you're outdoors (Travel Form+Leap) or it's a Raging week.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    Absolutely! It's a shame I'm hanging up my Spacechicken right when it's getting good but I'm pretty unhappy with my off-specs which having those was the main reason for me playing it. Do hope you guys enjoy though!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I want to know who said that boomkin is a top 5 spec. Because that's a straight up lie. We were barely top 5 in aoe WITH the unnerfed lunar shrapnel so being a top 5 spec overall is laughable.
    Last edited by BoomkinHell; 2018-08-12 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomkinHell View Post
    I want to know who said that boomkin is a top 5 spec. Because that's a straight up lie. We were barely top 5 in aoe WITH the unnerfed lunar shrapnel so being a top 5 spec overall is laughable.
    You're just some tool on the forums, what do you know. The comment was top 5 for m+, which is not a decision based totally on dps.

We don't need a nerf, our ST is very sub par (bottom 3) and our AOE is pretty balanced since the shrapnel change a while back.

If anything we need a buff to ST since our AOE isn't crazy good anymore.
    Last edited by Deicoy; 2018-08-13 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    That's a truth. I can pull fairly large packs and not give a f*
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

boomkins are pretty meh, I'm currently 325 and have rogues/warlocks/mages that are 40 items levels lower doing same aoe/single target as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    boomkins are pretty meh, I'm currently 325 and have rogues/warlocks/mages that are 40 items levels lower doing same aoe/single target as I am.
    You're playing poorly then or you have bad traits, been doing dungeons with rogue + unholy dk all of us arround 315/325 and I was competitive even in ST, with players doing 95+ logs during Legion in Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ojido View Post
    You're playing poorly then or you have bad traits, been doing dungeons with rogue + unholy dk all of us arround 315/325 and I was competitive even in ST, with players doing 95+ logs during Legion in Mythic.
    What are the best boomkin azurite traits?

Quote Originally Posted by Ojido View Post
    What dps are you doing? Right now I do about 8k ST and 15-17k on big aoe
    Last edited by xpose; 2018-08-16 at 08:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    What are the best boomkin azurite traits?
    Depends for what you are doing but for ST Lively spirit, thunderous blast, Streaking stars is the strongest. Lively spirit is actually nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    Depends for what you are doing but for ST Lively spirit, thunderous blast, Streaking stars is the strongest. Lively spirit is actually nuts.
    Lively spirit I'm sure is fine if you have a healer who never stops casting. Seems like 1 of those traits that gets better the better the other players in your group are.

In a regular dungeon or PUG raid, there's every chance your healer just stands around doing nothing when heals aren't needed so lively spirit does nothing.

no one avoids the nerf bat. but everyone experiences the ban hammer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Lively spirit I'm sure is fine if you have a healer who never stops casting. Seems like 1 of those traits that gets better the better the other players in your group are.

In a regular dungeon or PUG raid, there's every chance your healer just stands around doing nothing when heals aren't needed so lively spirit does nothing.
    Yeah obviously it wont work well when pugging. I only play with guildies/friends that are decent and all those healers have already made a WA for my innervate + I call it out so they go ham.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifttar View Post
    You're just some tool on the forums, what do you know. The comment was top 5 for m+, which is not a decision based totally on dps.
    How's mythic + going?

Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    Not anymore.
    apparently LS was way over valued.