Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

War Mode faction imbalance the last week.

Has anyone else (EU Alliance preferably) noticed that they run into a lot more horde than before? I used to meet a few of either faction when hitting up stuff like MoP world bosses etc. and I've had some 3v3 / 3v4 / 4v3 etc. skirmishes on Timeless Isle and various other places, but since the Lordaeron patch I've been meeting 10+ horde whenever I run past Nalak to go to Throne of Thunder, and hardly seeing any other alliance players.

I've got some guildies claiming the same thing, did Blizzard change their zone scalings, or allow for a greater amount of one faction in one instance of a zone than before? I though they were supposed to match us 50:50 in a zone and put excess players into different empty zones.

I could be wrong, but anecdotally I've run into similar things with warmode on US-OCE Alliance. Shards are filled with what feels like 90% horde, and 10% alliance. From what I recall/understand it was intended for shards to be 50:50, but Oceanic Alliance players don't really play with War-mode on for whatever reason and I feel like that's definitely causing imbalances.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

10+ Year Old Account
    It's those god damn Kazzak hordes.

Most of the aggressive horde I meet are from there.

I wouldn't mind if it was just aggressive hordes, I mean I have War Mode on to fight. The problem is that every fight turns into a 1v2 or 1v3 or 1v4 because there's just simply not enough alliance and far too many horde, at least in the zone instances I've been in recently.

Doing world quest on Argus and 5-6 spawns in a row of an elite miniboss is tagged by group after group of horde when not a single alliance person swings by will get tiresome. I though horde and alliance were supposed to balanced around 1:1 in outdoor zones and excess of either faction funneled into empty shards? It hasn't felt like it since the last maintenance at least.

there's a reason why there were more alliance players on pve servers than horde. a large chunk of the alliance player base just doesnt care about wpvp. plus many migrated horde in Legion and i dont expect them to return back. 10 % isnt an incentive for many considering how much time you would waste by getting ganked and considering how imbalanced the factions have become. so that 50/50 sharding i presume will rarely happen. if i truly want pvp i will do rbgs or arenas where its sort of balanced
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    there's a reason why there were more alliance players on pve servers than horde. a large chunk of the alliance player base just doesnt care about wpvp. plus many migrated horde in Legion and i dont expect them to return back. 10 % isnt an incentive for many considering how much time you would waste by getting ganked and considering how imbalanced the factions have become. so that 50/50 sharding i presume will rarely happen. if i truly want pvp i will do rbgs or arenas where its sort of balanced
    Reading that Blizz still has not managed to make it so that there is an equal amount of Alliance/ Horde within the same shard does not make me want to turn war-mode on. Fix that crap, and I can definitely see more people turning it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    I could be wrong, but anecdotally I've run into similar things with warmode on US-OCE Alliance. Shards are filled with what feels like 90% horde, and 10% alliance. From what I recall/understand it was intended for shards to be 50:50, but Oceanic Alliance players don't really play with War-mode on for whatever reason and I feel like that's definitely causing imbalances.
    Played with WM on for a few days (NA-Alliance, Stormrage), and found myself drastically outnumbered everywhere I went. Sometimes I would be jumped by multiple rogues as soon as I landed at a FP.

I had full intentions of playing with WM on, but its not going to be any fun at all if I am playing with a 5:1 disadvantage in every zone.

This just in : life is not fair at most times, neither is wow.

The devs have never proven to be capable at doing anything good in regards to world pvp. Did you think this would change now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    This just in : life is not fair at most times, neither is wow.

The devs have never proven to be capable at doing anything good in regards to world pvp. Did you think this would change now?
    Well, what do you want them to do? Create Alliance bots to even the shards population?

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Well, what do you want them to do? Create Alliance bots to even the shards population?
    Increase war mode rewards for loosing faction, obviously.
    However, on 27 May 1840, Paganini died from internal hemorrhaging before a priest could be summoned.

I don't want _them_ to do anything. Because they are not capable of providing us with a good world pvp experience. All those attempts ranging from the plaguelands towers in vanilla to the pve/pvp area in WoD, usually showed us that they have no clue, so I am not holding my breath.

Play it or don't. If you cannot fight the bad odds, you are probably only left with the option of disabling warmode. This is not to slam you, I simply cannot give you a better option. And they do not want to give you a better one, because as they stated before, they do not care about pvp. And I am not hating on pvp either, I love pvp and I wish things were different, but they are not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaiats View Post
    Increase war mode rewards for loosing faction, obviously.
    hehe, nah. I am not one of those carrot on a stick chasers. PvP should be about having fun and because you WANT to pvp. No need for extra rewards.

Tbh, I rolled alliance on my 110 boost to find more ppl to fight. As horde it is rather boring right now and I hate ganking some poor fella who is already being attacked. I rather be the fella who is being attacked, even if that means I loose a bunch of fights. But at least it is challenging and not just a boring autopilot ride through neverending sunshine.

What I would like to know is whether the imbalance is due to just a much higher overall participation rate from Horde players (which I suspect), or from a failing in their sharding technology. If it is the former there isn't much they can do to correct the Horde numerical superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Reading that Blizz still has not managed to make it so that there is an equal amount of Alliance/ Horde within the same shard does not make me want to turn war-mode on. Fix that crap, and I can definitely see more people turning it on.
    And it won't ever be, there is heaps more horde thirsty for PVP than Alliance. Add the fact that there is WAY more hordes than alliance and you have a huge imbalance in faction WPVP.

The horde captivates more edgy competitive ppl, hungry for blood and ganking, I know I used to be like that. The alliance used to have great arena pvpers because of the old OP human racial, Alliance lost that edge they moved to horde becuase of the overal better racials and bigger pool of players for ranked BGs

This being a PVP expansion its gona be a shitshow. Blizzard is trying to hide the problem with the "sharding" but it isn't working at all

Giving a damn about the Alliance would be a good start. You know...giving us allied races that have some lore / home. Not ignoring that everybody plays Blood Elf for the racial in M+ for 2 years. Making our heroes a little more interesting and showing our races not as victims of genocide, but races that actually WANT to got to war.

Yeah, that would be start.

But my take away from the pre-expansion patch is that the Alliance gets genocided whenever it tries to fight and our heroes are completely worthless (except for Jaina).

Would you be hyped to fight for THIS faction?

Blizzard has spent the last decade creating the narrative that the Blue Faction does not want war. They want peace. And the red Faction tries to genocide and spit on them, whenever it gets the chance. This is not fanfiction, this is the official Blizzard narrative for the factions.

And - what a shocker - now we have more players on the red faction longing for wPvP than on the blue faction? Well, who could have POSSIBLY predicted this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Giving a damn about the Alliance would be a good start. You know...giving us allied races that have some lore / home. Not ignoring that everybody plays Blood Elf for the racial in M+ for 2 years. Making our heroes a little more interesting and showing our races not as victims of genocide, but races that actually WANT to got to war.

Yeah, that would be start.

But my take away from the pre-expansion patch is that the Alliance gets genocided whenever it tries to fight and our heroes are completely worthless (except for Jaina).

Would you be hyped to fight for THIS faction?

Blizzard has spent the last decade creating the narrative that the Blue Faction does not want war. They want peace. And the red Faction tries to genocide and spit on them, whenever it gets the chance. This is not fanfiction, this is the official Blizzard narrative for the factions.

And - what a shocker - now we have more players on the red faction longing for wPvP than on the blue faction? Well, who could have POSSIBLY predicted this?
    I don't get the idea of being hyped to play for a faction. I play both Alliance and Horde.

I don't get the idea of being hyped to play for a faction. I play both Alliance and Horde.
    Let me put it this way: If you want to blow shit up in a First-Person-Shooter....you do not play a Medic. You play the Heavy-Weapons-Guy.

In WoW-Terms, Alliance is the Medic, and the Horde is the Heavy-Weapons-Guy. If you want to blow shit up, you are inclined to go Horde. That does not mean the Medic is weak or underpowered or never wins. It does not even mean the Medic is the "good guy" or anything....it just means you do not pick the Medic if you go into the game with the intention to blow something up.

And i strongly feel that Blizzard has established the factions in a way that warrants this comparison.

I also believe that Alliance was completele shit on ever since 8.1, which is almost 2 years ago. Suramar was Legion. Anything else that came later was shit-tier compared to Suramar....and OF COURSE Suramar had to go to the Horde. Blizzard has completely abandoned the Alliance in terms of allied races...which ARE a strong factor for players to decide what to play next. Just wait until they confirm that Horde gets Vulpera and Alliance gets Sethrak or Tortollan or anything....

Allied Races are purely cosmetic. Therefore oppinions on them may vary a lot. There are players out there who think Sethrak are better than Vulpera. There are also many that think Void Elves are better than Nightborne. I don't think so, though....and from what i gather in my guild, on these forums, on youtube and the official forums i don't think i am in the minority.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-08-14 at 05:47 AM.

Deleted
    I thought they would tweak shards to ensure faction balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I thought they would tweak shards to ensure faction balance?
    What can they do if there are 5x more Horde playing with WM?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    What can they do if there are 5x more Horde playing with WM?
    I guess a queue system would be needed

Just makes it easier to get the 15% buff for leveling. Though I haven't figured out how till kill max level disc priests as a 115 mage. They just laugh in shadow mending.