Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah... it's not balanced. As Alliance I've been ganked non stop since I started this morning by groups of horde, and I've seen maybe 3-5 other Alliance players.

I went almost 2 days before I even saw an enemy horde player. <Shadowong-NA>

Deleted
    Yesterday I solo pvped in drustvar for 4-5 hours, as alliance. I'm from outland, an alliance heavy former pvp server. Not sure if that means anything, but in drustvar alliance was always outnumbered by horde.

In like 9 out of 10 fights that started for me as 1v1 and ended with more people involved, it was me being outnumbered by horde. I mean you could think that the chances are 50/50 that either a friendly player walks by or a hostile player does, but no, it's always another horde player that randomly appears.

It's still great fun, especially hunting and catching these players in a clean 1v1 minutes later...

Another thing I noticed, people don't conplain for being attacked and killed multiple times... not one of my oponents did spit on me, these things happened frequently in previous expansions. I guess they know: war mode is war mode and it's a choice THEY are responsible for.
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2018-08-19 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    Completely done with War Mode as of today. I like world PvP, and every time I come upon a rare 1v1 or even a 1(me)v2, I have a blast killing them.

What's not fun is phasing into a world quest area and being placed on a shard with 20-30 Horde and not a single Alliance player. The workaround I have to do every time (after being ganked 1v10) is joining an Alliance group in group finder to force a shard change. Then I usually end up on one with zero Horde.

Sharding tech is fucking busted broken, not fit for purpose, and it's the reason Alliance players are just turning this shit off.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2018-08-19 at 01:40 PM.

think of warmode as a 10% present from blizz to horde players

although i too wonder if it's simply a population issue, or a sharding issue

Probably it's a NA thing, on eu server i don't see this problem

EU has been predom alliance for much longer time. where as in NA it goes in cycles

when NA was complaining about horde ruling ladder due to racials in CATA, then MOP, etc, and horde nerfs rolled over and over. in the same periods EU alliance factions where ruling the ladders. and EMFH rolled on untouched....most QQ'd racial until current expacs. still removes like 16 stuns in game.....WOTF only removes 3 fears...they are more it does not work on.

blizz.s continued horde nerfs has had a bad effect actually for the alliance, it that more and more horde roll orcs for the stun reduction. with the latest BE nerfs lots of warlocks, mages, have switched to orc....which may be got for activison/blizz money wise. PVP wise word is out roll orc, druid/pal high mountain tauren or old school tauren.
    Last edited by pinkz; 2018-08-20 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    when NA was complaining about horde ruling ladder due to racials in CATA, then MOP
    the horde have had OP racials since launch, what are you smoking?
    void elves and lightforged draenei are first two to ever come close to competing in dps, meanwhile highmountain tauren bring yet another OP farming racial to the horde that multiplies the amount of meat and fish you get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is that more Horde just use Warmode than Alliance. It's never going to be balanced. The good part for the Alliance is that they can form a pvp raid party any time and there will always be horde to hunt down. Meanwhile, I'm still sitting at 2/10 for my war effort because I can't find any Alliance to kill.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii View Post
    Has anyone else (EU Alliance preferably) noticed that they run into a lot more horde than before? I used to meet a few of either faction when hitting up stuff like MoP world bosses etc. and I've had some 3v3 / 3v4 / 4v3 etc. skirmishes on Timeless Isle and various other places, but since the Lordaeron patch I've been meeting 10+ horde whenever I run past Nalak to go to Throne of Thunder, and hardly seeing any other alliance players.

I've got some guildies claiming the same thing, did Blizzard change their zone scalings, or allow for a greater amount of one faction in one instance of a zone than before? I though they were supposed to match us 50:50 in a zone and put excess players into different empty zones.
    its true, its logical and I expected that from the moment they presented war mode for BfA...

it only makes sense, most dedicated PvPers were horde, most people interested in world PvP (aka ganking) were horde, most people queing for BGs were horde (alliance had like 1 minute queues and horde 10+)...if the same amount of people, who were interested in any kind of PvP in Legion, turns on war mode you get maybe 70% horde and 30% alliance

its mathemathically impossible to split those people evenly to create balanced world PvP gameplay for everybody, it was bullshit from the beginning only few fanboys mindlessly repeated over and over again that PvP faction imbalance (that exists, its a fact) will have no affect on that because "blizz said its gonna be baalanced"

Its pretty straightforward: lets take 70:30 ratio, or 60:40 it doesnt matter, its more horde than alliance by significant numbers
    A) every shard splits all players equally, so 70:30 in every shard, alliance gets ganked, ehm I mean defeated in honest balanced world PvP (because its balanced now, you only meet people who also opten in, same as you), so alliance opts out because its not worth it, more horde opt in
    B) at first shards are made equally, so 30% horde vs 30% alliance players, rest of the shards are filled with remaining players (40% horde only), I dont think it works this way but even if it did more horde would opt in because it would give them 50/50 chance of phasing into world of free XP

in the end the most likely outcome is that alliance will slowly phase out and more horde will slowly opt in. This will mean next expansion (if there will be any) the absolute leftovers of "pro" PvE players will faction change because everything (questing, reps, farming) will be done faster on horde side with warmode on.

I say this is 100% intended because it was obvious from the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had quite some issues with War Mode as an Alliance player on EU because of the Horde always outnumbering us. I still have fun PvPing, but since day one I have seen several max level Horde come to Kul Tiras to gank me and others while I still was busy levelling. Now at max level I still see more Horde, however when there are at least a few Alliance players in the same zone, we are able to drive them out from time to time. Something on the server side seems to be a problem, since the faction ratio difference is quite staggering.

That said, I also made the mistake to server change to Twisting Nether EU, which is a 93-94% Horde dominated server. Though I think that cross-realm really should be dealing with this issue.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2018-08-30 at 12:21 PM.

I have noticed quite a bit more alliance than horde doing WQs. I think RP realms can only be matched with each other and maybe that leads to imbalance in numbers.

Guys i got the solution.... Turn off your warmode = profit!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Giving a damn about the Alliance would be a good start. You know...giving us allied races that have some lore / home. Not ignoring that everybody plays Blood Elf for the racial in M+ for 2 years. Making our heroes a little more interesting and showing our races not as victims of genocide, but races that actually WANT to got to war.

Yeah, that would be start.

But my take away from the pre-expansion patch is that the Alliance gets genocided whenever it tries to fight and our heroes are completely worthless (except for Jaina).

Would you be hyped to fight for THIS faction?

Blizzard has spent the last decade creating the narrative that the Blue Faction does not want war. They want peace. And the red Faction tries to genocide and spit on them, whenever it gets the chance. This is not fanfiction, this is the official Blizzard narrative for the factions.

And - what a shocker - now we have more players on the red faction longing for wPvP than on the blue faction? Well, who could have POSSIBLY predicted this?
    So just another we want high elves post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    auchindoun EU
    Feels like 10 : 1 even on OUR islands i get ganked by horde everywhere... I like pvp but not 3-4 v 1 !!!!
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    its true, its logical and I expected that from the moment they presented war mode for BfA...

it only makes sense, most dedicated PvPers were horde, most people interested in world PvP (aka ganking) were horde, most people queing for BGs were horde (alliance had like 1 minute queues and horde 10+)...if the same amount of people, who were interested in any kind of PvP in Legion, turns on war mode you get maybe 70% horde and 30% alliance

its mathemathically impossible to split those people evenly to create balanced world PvP gameplay for everybody, it was bullshit from the beginning only few fanboys mindlessly repeated over and over again that PvP faction imbalance (that exists, its a fact) will have no affect on that because "blizz said its gonna be baalanced"

Its pretty straightforward: lets take 70:30 ratio, or 60:40 it doesnt matter, its more horde than alliance by significant numbers
    A) every shard splits all players equally, so 70:30 in every shard, alliance gets ganked, ehm I mean defeated in honest balanced world PvP (because its balanced now, you only meet people who also opten in, same as you), so alliance opts out because its not worth it, more horde opt in
    B) at first shards are made equally, so 30% horde vs 30% alliance players, rest of the shards are filled with remaining players (40% horde only), I dont think it works this way but even if it did more horde would opt in because it would give them 50/50 chance of phasing into world of free XP

in the end the most likely outcome is that alliance will slowly phase out and more horde will slowly opt in. This will mean next expansion (if there will be any) the absolute leftovers of "pro" PvE players will faction change because everything (questing, reps, farming) will be done faster on horde side with warmode on.

I say this is 100% intended because it was obvious from the beginning.
    Take your step B), remove the excess horde from this shard, and put it alone in another shard, boom everyone is happy (except if people like outnumbering 10 to 1 the opposite faction)

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    PvE players will faction change because everything (questing, reps, farming) will be done faster on horde side with warmode on.
    Since when is ganking efficient in this pvE farming game?

Warmode is just like how PVP realms were the last 13 years - some people are wasting time for nothing while everyone else is doing reputation gating or preps for M+/raiding whatever.

Get ready for the complain threads about reputation gating or raider.io rating or whatever the smart WPVP players skipped.

The +10% more FARMING bonus to AP/ressources means nothing when you dont FARM. ^^
    -

Some of my most fun is fighting 1v1 or 1v2 world pvp moments, but most of this xpac so far has been running into a death ball of 8-10 horde at once, every time.

I'd be happy to fight 8-10 horde at once on my own, but at least address the faction imbalance by amping my strength in that situation. If Horde outnumber us 10 to 1, then boost my hp and damage to make up for that. I should be able to death touch several horde, have the hp to tank them down, and be immune to CC in a 10 v 1 situation. Fair is fair.

Won't happen, but it should

5+ Year Old Account
    I do like the new Horde Slayer/Alliance Slayer titles. Everything else isn't rewarding enough to deal with the half-dozen to dozen horde camping the world quest spots.

If I could turn it off for world quests I'd still use it just for the excitement, but since I have to chug to Stormwind and back, I'll mostly be leaving it off so I don't find myself sitting as a ghost for 10 to 15 minutes waiting for the world quest-campers to leave.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cove210 View Post
    Some of my most fun is fighting 1v1 or 1v2 world pvp moments, but most of this xpac so far has been running into a death ball of 8-10 horde at once, every time.

I'd be happy to fight 8-10 horde at once on my own, but at least address the faction imbalance by amping my strength in that situation. If Horde outnumber us 10 to 1, then boost my hp and damage to make up for that. I should be able to death touch several horde, have the hp to tank them down, and be immune to CC in a 10 v 1 situation. Fair is fair.

Won't happen, but it should
    I am pretty much on the same page with you. I actually enjoy pvp and thought warmode would be a nice way to fight likeminded players, but so far it has been nothing but Horde raid groups camping WQ locations. I don't expect a fair fight everytime, but at this rate I will be probably turning off warmode by this weekend because I would rather get my quests done than doing spirit runs because nobody can stop the Horde rape train everytime it comes through a zone.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Guys i got the solution.... Turn off your warmode = profit!
    So just another we want high elves post
    High Elves would not fix anything. If you believe so, you are just clouded. The damage is done and cannot be repaired. Factions will NEVER again be even remotely balanced in this game. And BFA was their hardest try so far to push even the last Alliance player to the Horde.

Also, your proposed "solution" is not what players will actually do. What they WILL do is use their Horde alts for warmode...just like anybody else. Because clubbing down one poor dude 10:1 may not be the best fun...but it still is more fun than being clubbed down 1:10. And you also get rewarded for doing it.

=> Two times the Profit.

Edit:
    And just to add an actual solution: Make warmode FFA group vs group PvP and allow cross faction grouping. This WILL work. It just does not fit into their "FACTION PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!"-Expansion that then ends up being 95% about the Horde.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-08-23 at 05:37 AM.