Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    They will have to remove any kind of reward whatsoever from war mode if they want it to work. That way only the true pvpers will want to participate. There will be no need for pvers to enter and cry about not being able to do crap. As long as there is even a 1% bonus to anything or even the slightest reward people will feel like it's required.
    Not really an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by frymastermeat View Post
    I've lost count of how many warlocks I've snuffed with voidwalkers out
    Considering the abysmal state of warlocks in PvP right now, this is not exactly something to crow about.

It's rather like saying "i've lost count of how many five year old children ive crushed beneath my semi truck".

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Considering the abysmal state of warlocks in PvP right now, this is not exactly something to crow about.

It's rather like saying "i've lost count of how many five year old children ive crushed beneath my semi truck".
    That wasn't really the point of my post, now was it?

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    I play both because I'm not an insufferable man child who thinks these cartoon video game factions are a part of my identity. Playing Horde right now is functionally the same as playing with War Mode off. The only challenging mode right now is Alliance War Mode on. Every other mode is for carebears. Most of the Horde you encounter aren't even prepared for pvp, I've lost count of how many warlocks I've snuffed with voidwalkers out or how many backpedallers and keyturners I've ended.
    Look out fellas. We've got a badass over here.

But seriously, what's this about Warlocks being terrible? I seemed to do just fine in 1v1 scenarios when I had Warmode on. Destro only seemed to lose out against Demonhunters and Pallies and Disc priests. Also Voidwalker is usually the best choice because it will hold mobs for you while you're most likely to get jumped on by a stealth class (You can always switch pets if you have the jump on them). There's also a trick to use the Voidwalker to hold an add while using Havock to double your ember generation. It also helps if your Voidwalker picks up any adds that are pulled by your infernal.

Affliction seems to do pretty poorly against Deathknights, Pallies, Rogues, and anything with a dispel but will mop the floor with almost all ranged DPS.

Haven't tried Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Two weeks in, and half the playerbase is opting out of one of the major features because of shit balancing and shittier Horde behavior. /golfclap Blizzard.

Keep turning it off, Alliance, the time you gain in not getting stomped 10:1 by cowards makes up for the bonus loss. Besides, the more that opt out, the bigger shitstorm it creates for them to either fix or explain to their bosses.
    You are vastly, VASTLY overestimating how many players have ever actually been interested in wpvp. Now that people aren't forced into it via friends/guilds/other attachments to their server the only ones doing it are those guaranteed an advantage.

The next step for blizzard if this fails isn't "fixing" war mode, it's simply disabling world pvp altogether and letting people actually interested in competing with each other do so in regulated instances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I play both because I'm not an insufferable man child who thinks these cartoon video game factions are a part of my identity. Playing Horde right now is functionally the same as playing with War Mode off. The only challenging mode right now is Alliance War Mode on. Every other mode is for carebears. Most of the Horde you encounter aren't even prepared for pvp, I've lost count of how many warlocks I've snuffed with voidwalkers out or how many backpedallers and keyturners I've ended.
    wow you're super cool i bet you are the dungeon master in your basement d&d group lol

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    They will have to remove any kind of reward whatsoever from war mode if they want it to work. That way only the true pvpers will want to participate. There will be no need for pvers to enter and cry about not being able to do crap. As long as there is even a 1% bonus to anything or even the slightest reward people will feel like it's required.
    True pvpers will always play rated. World pvp is for casuals. Yea war mode bonus sucks and cause huge disbalance but without it there will be no world pvp because ppl will disable war mode in pve game.

Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    wow you're super cool i bet you are the dungeon master in your basement d&d group lol
    This insult doesn't make any sense, it's like you forgot what you were saying halfway through the sentence. I'm a cool guy for mocking a chud who has wrapped his identity up in a MMO faction, but I'm also a nerd. Damn, you burned me good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Reading that Blizz still has not managed to make it so that there is an equal amount of Alliance/ Horde within the same shard does not make me want to turn war-mode on. Fix that crap, and I can definitely see more people turning it on.
    Too few alliance to fill a shard. There really isn't much they can do if there isn't any alliance flagging for pvp.

I think I've seen a total of 5 alliance this week.
    Last edited by Riistov; 2018-09-13 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Since when is ganking efficient in this pvE farming game?

Warmode is just like how PVP realms were the last 13 years - some people are wasting time for nothing while everyone else is doing reputation gating or preps for M+/raiding whatever.

Get ready for the complain threads about reputation gating or raider.io rating or whatever the smart WPVP players skipped.

The +10% more FARMING bonus to AP/ressources means nothing when you dont FARM. ^^
    yea.... No! wm is not same as how pvp servers worked before. I played in pvp servers ( kazzak and ravencrest EU ) from the day one. in 95% of the times I had normal 1v1 fights most of which other players attacked me first, and in like 50/50 situation I could win the 1v1 situation. which is PERFECT and IDEAL. now I rarely see a 1v1 fight, its almost always +4 hordes attacking me. when we had pvp servers, everyone was doing their shit and sometimes they started to gank or do pvp, now days ppl turn on warmode ONLY to gank you in a no fun situation of +5vs1.
    also if you have noticed which I believe you did, wm has 10% bonus for most things, in expansions like this or legion where reps unlock many things for your character and account, if you play hardcore you want to have that 10%, and guess which side gets that 10% without getting ganked 24/7 ? yep. horde. so it makes sense that hardcore pve guilds go horde instead of the alliance. which means even less population on alliance with WM on and more and more on horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    It should be 1:1. If they can't make it 1:1, then put Horde in empty shards..

One of the reasons I switched Alliance for BFA was to help balance, but turns out I should have stayed Horde if no one else cared
    you my friend, you are a hero to me! if only we had more players with same mindset as you. but sadly ppl seemingly enjoy things that clearly make no fun, like ganking 40vs2, that makes no fun for me, I dont even understand how 40 ppl waste their time doing that for hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Not really an answer.
    I think it's a pretty logical answer. The only people who should be enabling warmode are people who are interested in WPvP. They should not be there just for the bonuses...Blizzard made a terrible mistake when they tried to bribe PvE players into enabling warmode for the bonuses.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    also if you have noticed which I believe you did, wm has 10% bonus for most things, in expansions like this or legion where reps unlock many things for your character and account, if you play hardcore you want to have that 10%, and guess which side gets that 10% without getting ganked 24/7 ? yep. horde.
    10% for AP/Ressources/50g-Quest(lol)

Without Warmode I went max speed long ago to all exalted, sitting on useless 6000 war ressources and my neck is at 22/23. I will just repeat it with each ALT.

Blizzard: Are you willing to take a 10% XP and WP reward penalty in exchange for being free from ganking asshats?
    Me: Fuck yes.

And we never looked back.

Why wasn't this adressed in the AMA.... we want fair shards blizz!

give horde a queue on warmode + mercenary option! f*** this imbalance, the first 2 weeks was fair now its 10v1 at EVERY SINGLE WQ...

-or-

give me +100% dmg, +100% max health and +100% healing (wintergrasp style-)tenacity buff when outnumbered 10 to 1 at a WQ

I've noticed this for sure, but I thought it might be due to the multi-boxers I kept running into.

It also seemed to be lagging the server, quests weren't updating as I would do them on my quest tracker and sometimes I'd get phased from my zone (all the mobs would go away, new mobs phase in, same with resources)

Yes of course there's always been a "massive" faction imbalance in WOW pvp and Blizzard has always new and improved way to ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Too few alliance to fill a shard. There really isn't much they can do if there isn't any alliance flagging for pvp.

I think I've seen a total of 5 alliance this week.
    Yesterday i've seen 3 alliance raids at 3 different WQ locations. Dunno, maybe russia gets its very own balanced sharding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Join an RP server and sneak into their shard. Or reroll on one.
    It's more balanced, though from my experience it favors Alliance ever-so-slightly.
    But if it is a WQ for the emissary, especially the Champions ones, expect to be outnumbered as Horde.
    (I leveled and play 2 120 Horde and 1 120 Alliance)

Temporary solution until the shard balancing improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yesterday i've seen 3 alliance raids at 3 different WQ locations. Dunno, maybe russia gets its very own balanced sharding?
    I have run into a couple of those here in the US over the past couple days. Maybe alliance is finally getting their shit together?

I don't mean it in a bad way, but there has to be some general underlying psychological reason as to why non-PvPers have a higher tendency to play Alliance.

It's not even new, been this way since Vanilla. You even see the same thing in private servers - Horde killing Alliance on sight and Alliance never initiating, preferring to coexist.

It's interesting to say the least, and I frankly don't think it's a problem Blizzard can fix.