Question Darkmoon faire WHEE! buff on BfA launch

If you get the buff and log out at an inn, you keep the buff until you log back on, can people actually use it on BfA launch?

probably a dumb question but its been nagging me

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Yes you can.
    Isn't it a 5 min buff?
    Nvm I forgot it stacks to 60 mins.

If you die, you lose it.

Turn PvP off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    If you die, you lose it.

Turn PvP off.
    If you have War Mode on you get 10% more xp anyway, so having DMF buff and then turning PVP off to preserve it is a net gain of 0 for XP%
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

You can turn pvp on tho, it will probably be safe for a few days. You can also buy some of those consumables that give the same effect if you need to rush to 120

Deleted
    The buff will be removed when BFA launches. You can currently test this by copying your character with the buff onto beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    You can store it until BfA, yes. Damn it. I hadn't thought of that. Not sure if I should get it on my main too... that'd mean I'd be unable to play them until launch... but 10% is 10%.

With all the gating and lockout deferral it just doesn't matter much if you reach 120 an hour earlier or later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    The buff will be removed when BFA launches. You can currently test this by copying your character with the buff onto beta.
    I think that's just the act of transferring the character. All buffs are removed and then re-applied unless they're timed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    With all the gating and lockout deferral it just doesn't matter much if you reach 120 an hour earlier or later.
    World Quest emissaries aren't gated, are they? If they're not then they're more than enough reason to speed to 120.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-08-11 at 12:54 PM.

Deleted
    Would consider for reputation bonus.
    Are there any large rep quests early (first hour) in the leveling process ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirie View Post
    If you have War Mode on you get 10% more xp anyway
    Do you get 10% from Quest or just kill?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    World Quest emissaries aren't gated, are they? If they're not then they're more than enough reason to speed to 120.
    Lol, you think you're going to be hitting 120 in less than an hour so you can unlock WQs with that buff up? Not happening. The buff is going to wear off while you're still at 112 or so.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Lol, you think you're going to be hitting 120 in less than an hour so you can unlock WQs with that buff up? Not happening. The buff is going to wear off while you're still at 112 or so.
    I'm pretty sure they just wanted to have any advantage they can get, they certainly did not expect to have the buff for the full duration of 110-120 leveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I'm pretty sure they just wanted to have any advantage they can get, they certainly did not expect to have the buff for the full duration of 110-120 leveling.
    I mean, I can leave my alts with the buff, but I'm not going to not play for all of Sunday just so I can retain that 1 hr 10% rep buff on my main. I'd argue that I'd get more benefit doing stuff on Sunday than the 1 hr 10% buff will provide on Monday afternoon.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    That's not what I meant. If I get to 120 within a day, that means I can get an extra emissary cache or two than most would.