5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I think it'll be take a while longer, between two and three weeks from now.
    There's going to be a lot revealed from the 8.2 PTR, I bet it'll take a while longer as well. Not just that, but it should have a bigger chunk of content coming with it upon release.

Didn't they say when they showed 8.2 on blizzcon that it will be on ptr shortly after 8.1.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Didn't they say when they showed 8.2 on blizzcon that it will be on ptr shortly after 8.1.5?
    They said "soon after 8.1.5 launches", but that could mean anything. I would bet at the earliest next week, but at the latest in the middle of April.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    There's going to be a lot revealed from the 8.2 PTR, I bet it'll take a while longer as well. Not just that, but it should have a bigger chunk of content coming with it upon release.
    Watch out for whenever they announce a new streaming presentation, be it a panel or Q&A. It's very likely that they'll announce things for 8.2 and the PTR will come a little later.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not expecting the 8.2 ptr to go up intil the end of this month tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe though we get a QnA here in about 2 weeks followed by the ptr within a week after.

I remember something about 8.2 hitting PTR the moment 8.1.5 goes live... ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I remember something about 8.2 hitting PTR the moment 8.1.5 goes live... ?!
    wait 2-4 weeks.

I have many thoughts I'd like to share with you guys and this thread seems to be the best platform for an ongoing conversation on these topics.

I've been thinking about the possible pair of allied races Lightforged Undead (Calia, Derek)/Kaldorei Undead (Delaryn, Sira).
    I was always pretty convinced that they would happen, but now even more so.

With the focus of Before the Storm on making Calia a unique type of undead (and her proximity to the Alliance), the hints that Jaina will take her brother to her (who coincidentally has white eyes, like Calia is described to have after being rezzed), and the revamped Uther's Tomb, I think there's plenty of indication that they might be a thing. According to a poll on a thread here on mmo-c, they are also a pretty popular choice which is nice.

On the undead kaldorei's side, I've been thinking a lot about Nathanos. If you look at Nathanos design and the new armor for dark rangers they recently implemented, you can see that it is completely inspired from Nathanos own design. Sure it's a recolor, but they recolored it to fit Nathanos color scheme. They even added a completely new bow and arrow for the dark rangers, which also fit in design (with the added bonus of showcasing a regular wooden bow covered in metal casing with spikes and a red gem, sort of illustrative of night elf motifs covered by undead/dark rangers motifs). The necessity of these additions is ... intriguing.
    Nathanos is also been getting a lot of spotlight. In some cases, the reason for the choice of his character for certain plotlines doesn't seem very apparent, but I think they're shedding a spotlight on him to make him the leader of the undead Kaldorei/dark rangers. His model is filled with this symbol of a bow and dagger, which seems too emblematic to me to be mere flourish. He is also the only faction character with a unique model that isn't leading a race.

And I've been thinking about the much debated motivations of Delaryn and Sira to join forces with their murderers. I was baffled by it and still am. But I've been thinking of a theory.
    What if, because they lost their faith in Elune before they died, they were sent to the same place Sylvanas went to when she fell on the saronite spikes. A place of eternal torture so impactful that it became the core experience that drives Sylvanas. And by being rezzed by Sylvanas, they were saved from that fate (much like the Valkyr once did to Sylvanas). So she could have their allegiance either by threat of stripping them of their undeath (and therefore sending them back to hell once more) or because they think/realize Sylvanas was right, that all those years of worship got them nothing, that they had been fed lies and that only Sylvanas now showed them the truth.

Lightforged Undead will definitely use the human model as base. Kaldorei undead ... I'm not so sure. Nightborne are already using a modified night elf model/rig on the horde side. Maybe they could use the forsaken model as base? Maybe with a straight back (and added ears, whatever physical traits undead elves would have)?
    What do you guys think?

EDIT: https://i.redd.it/r32c53ajdtl21.png
    This picture is also intriguing. We see faction leaders standing next to their "sub-race", well ... except for undead and goblins, which we don't have subraces for yet. But while Gallywix isn't standing next to anyone goblin related, Sylvanas is standing next to Nathanos.
    Last edited by Hugnomo; 2019-03-13 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I have many thoughts I'd like to share with you guys and this thread seems to be the best platform for an ongoing conversation on these topics.

I've been thinking about the possible pair of allied races Lightforged Undead (Calia, Derek)/Kaldorei Undead (Delaryn, Sira).
    I was always pretty convinced that they would happen, but now even more so.

With the focus of Before the Storm on making Calia a unique type of undead (and her proximity to the Alliance), the hints that Jaina will take her brother to her (who coincidentally has white eyes, like Calia is described to have after being rezzed), and the revamped Uther's Tomb, I think there's plenty of indication that they might be a thing. According to a poll on a thread here on mmo-c, they are also a pretty popular choice which is nice.

On the undead kaldorei's side, I've been thinking a lot about Nathanos. If you look at Nathanos design and the new armor for dark rangers they recently implemented, you can see that it is completely inspired from Nathanos own design. Sure it's a recolor, but they recolored it to fit Nathanos color scheme. They even added a completely new bow and arrow for the dark rangers, which also fit in design (with the added bonus of showcasing a regular wooden bow covered in metal casing with spikes and a red gem, sort of illustrative of night elf motifs covered by undead/dark rangers motifs). The necessity of these additions is ... intriguing.
    Nathanos is also been getting a lot of spotlight. In some cases, the reason for the choice of his character for certain plotlines doesn't seem very apparent, but I think they're shedding a spotlight on him to make him the leader of the undead Kaldorei/dark rangers. His model is filled with this symbol of a bow and dagger, which seems too emblematic to me to be mere flourish. He is also the only faction character with a unique model that isn't leading a race.

And I've been thinking about the much debated motivations of Delaryn and Sira to join forces with their murderers. I was baffled by it and still am. But I've been thinking of a theory.
    What if, because they lost their faith in Elune before they died, they were sent to the same place Sylvanas went to when she fell on the saronite spikes. A place of eternal torture so impactful that it became the core experience that drives Sylvanas. And by being rezzed by Sylvanas, they were saved from that fate (much like the Valkyr once did to Sylvanas). So she could have their allegiance either by threat of stripping them of their undeath (and therefore sending them back to hell once more) or because they think/realize Sylvanas was right, that all those years of worship got them nothing, that they had been fed lies and that only Sylvanas now showed them the truth.

Lightforged Undead will definitely use the human model as base. Kaldorei undead ... I'm not so sure. Nightborne are already using a modified night elf model/rig on the horde side. Maybe they could use the forsaken model as base? Maybe with a straight back (and added ears, whatever physical traits undead elves would have)?
    What do you guys think?

EDIT: https://i.redd.it/r32c53ajdtl21.png
    This picture is also intriguing. We see faction leaders standing next to their "sub-race", well ... except for undead and goblins, which we don't have subraces for yet. But while Gallywix isn't standing next to anyone goblin related, Sylvanas is standing next to Nathanos.
    It's not going to happen. If anyone was going to get Lightforged Undead, it would be the Horde, post faction conflict. They aren't going to add a second alternate human race to Alliance. Not to mention it's pretty obvious that they have pretty obvious allied race options in the form of Junker Gnomes and Ankoan, so I can't imagine they are going to decide on humans but with white eyes as the next allied race. I honestly don't see the undead night elf thing either, they aren't being raised in general, they are being raised as dark rangers. Even if Blizzard wasn't originally planning on making Vulpera a Horde allied race, they probably decided to after the large player support for it (which is almost certainly why the faction incursions have the Alliance directly fighting them).

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's not going to happen. If anyone was going to get Lightforged Undead, it would be the Horde, post faction conflict. They aren't going to add a second alternate human race to Alliance. Not to mention it's pretty obvious that they have pretty obvious allied race options in the form of Junker Gnomes and Ankoan, so I can't imagine they are going to decide on humans but with white eyes as the next allied race. I honestly don't see the undead night elf thing either, they aren't being raised in general, they are being raised as dark rangers. Even if Blizzard wasn't originally planning on making Vulpera a Horde allied race, they probably decided to after the large player support for it (which is almost certainly why the faction incursions have the Alliance directly fighting them).
    Well, we don't know how many allied races will be added, so the inclusion of Vulpera/Junker Gnomes and Ankoan aren't evidence towards anything. You seem to be implying that we'll only get a set of 2 new allied races, which may or may not be the case, we have no confirmation either way (and I VERY much doubt it). I am going with base player models left. And while kultirans are humans lorewise, their models are new. I am certain we'll see a reskin/modification of the human model. And considering Derek and Calia, my bet is on the Alliance.
    The models that are left Alliance side are Human, Gnomes and Worgen. Which would fit with Lightforged Undead, Junker Gnomes and Ankoan.
    Horde side, there's undead and goblin (and possibly the kultiran rig since it's new, would more efficiently be used on both sides). Vulpera use the goblin rig. And undead? There's a kaldorei undead shaped hole for them. (Added bonus that if they decide to use kultiran rig, we already know how it can be applied i.e. Rexxar)

8.2 to PTR roughly last week of March (Spring Break is over I believe).

10+ Year Old Account
    PTR date IMO is last week of March, perhaps the 27th or 28th. There will be lots to test here, so early June still seems likely with everything else going on around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Well, we don't know how many allied races will be added, so the inclusion of Vulpera/Junker Gnomes and Ankoan aren't evidence towards anything. You seem to be implying that we'll only get a set of 2 new allied races, which may or may not be the case, we have no confirmation either way (and I VERY much doubt it). I am going with base player models left. And while kultirans are humans lorewise, their models are new. I am certain we'll see a reskin/modification of the human model. And considering Derek and Calia, my bet is on the Alliance.
    The models that are left Alliance side are Human, Gnomes and Worgen. Which would fit with Lightforged Undead, Junker Gnomes and Ankoan.
    Horde side, there's undead and goblin (and possibly the kultiran rig since it's new, would more efficiently be used on both sides). Vulpera use the goblin rig. And undead? There's a kaldorei undead shaped hole for them. (Added bonus that if they decide to use kultiran rig, we already know how it can be applied i.e. Rexxar)
    That is not how allied races work. Just because they are based on existing models doesn't mean they need to line up 1 to 1. They already don't. The Void Elves are not Night Elves, and the Nightborne are not Blood Elves. Also, your own logic completely falls apart here: If races are being added 1 to 1 with existing races as "sub race" slots. Then what are Kul Tirans if you are not counting them as already occupying that human slot?

You are not. NOT going to see "humans but with glowing eyes" on the Alliance. Kul Tirans are already there. They are not going to add a third, minor human variation to the faction that has two human types. It would be added to Horde, where a human model is a new option and something players have asked about (having more Nathanos like Forsaken models). Likewise, why would you think they are going to just add red eyed Night Elves to the Horde when the Horde just got alternate Nightborne? Because people aren't happy with Nightborne? They would just change Nightborne instead of making an entire second Night Elf allied race for the Horde.

We don't know how many allied races will be added, but we know that they are paired and that they are introduced at relevant points in the story. Given their current pace, it is unlikely we will see 4 races added at once. It is even less likely that we will see 6 races added at once, which is what you'd get with Junker Gnomes, Ankoan and Lightforged humans.

It's not going to happen. There are already better options there, there's no reason for doubling up on allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Not a fucking chance.

8.2 will make or break this expansion. Why do you think 8.1 and 8.1.5 are so light on "content" and even that content is dripfed to players?

They're going to take their sweet ass time with all the lofty promises they've made for 8.2 No way you'll get it before late July. 8.1.5 has nothing in it but Allied Races that had datamined models 8 months ago and it still had to be tested for 2+ months.
    8.1.5 has a lot of stuff, you just don't like what it has. Also I fail to see why 8.2 would be what makes or breaks the expansion. Literally all they have to do is shove world quests onto Nazjatar and it would already be better than the Broken Shore by virtue of being an actually new place with terrain variation.

8.2 will be on the PTR within the next 5 weeks, you dork.

Expect beginning to mid april for 8.2 ptr
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Horde ain't getting human model a la Nathanos. Just like Alliance won't get orcs. If you want undead humans, you already got those. The Alliance will get Lightforged Undead since the 2 main characters (Derek soon, Calia) are Alliance aligned, and the Alliance doesn't have another version of their basic race, the Humans. If Blizzard meant to give this version to Horde, they'd take 2/4 (and 2 of the original most played) race models away from the Alliance. Not gonna hsppen.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Horde ain't getting human model a la Nathanos. Just like Alliance won't get orcs. If you want undead humans, you already got those. The Alliance will get Lightforged Undead since the 2 main characters (Derek soon, Calia) are Alliance aligned
    You can't really compare the two. Forsaken are already undead humans, Nathanos-models are just better preserved members of an existing Horde race. Orcs joining the Alliance is a Horde race directly betraying their own, joining the enemy and fighting their own faction. Calia isn't Alliance, she is Lordaeron-aligned. She is there because after all the dust settles, there needs to undead leaders who are willing to work with the Alliance. You are just not, ever, going to see a second human-variant allied race on alliance. Especially not one that is the Lightforged Draenei of Humans. You are more likely to get Forsaken with white eyes as an Alliance allied race than Calia/Nathanos undead.

the Alliance doesn't have another version of their basic race, the Humans.
    Just like above, this logic is completely nonsense. Either races are 1 to 1, in which case Kul Tirans are already the human allied race, or they are not 1 to 1, and there is no reason there needs to be a second human allied race. Either way, Kul Tirans are humans. 100%, absolutely humans.
    [QUOTE]If Blizzard meant to give this version to Horde, they'd take 2/4 (and 2 of the original most played) race models away from the Alliance. Not gonna hsppen./QUOTE]
    There's no reason to assume that. Especially if factions as they exist now are not going to be the same in 9.0. I also don't why you'd think giving Horde a brand new unique race (i.e. Vulpera) and Alliance glowing eyed humans is somehow more logical than giving Horde access to a human model to go alongside Junker Gnomes, and Vulpera alongside Ankoan (or vice versa).

15+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Hitei;50955691]You can't really compare the two. Forsaken are already undead humans, Nathanos-models are just better preserved members of an existing Horde race. Orcs joining the Alliance is a Horde race directly betraying their own, joining the enemy and fighting their own faction. Calia isn't Alliance, she is Lordaeron-aligned. She is there because after all the dust settles, there needs to undead leaders who are willing to work with the Alliance. You are just not, ever, going to see a second human-variant allied race on alliance. Especially not one that is the Lightforged Draenei of Humans. You are more likely to get Forsaken with white eyes as an Alliance allied race than Calia/Nathanos undead.

Just like above, this logic is completely nonsense. Either races are 1 to 1, in which case Kul Tirans are already the human allied race, or they are not 1 to 1, and there is no reason there needs to be a second human allied race. Either way, Kul Tirans are humans. 100%, absolutely humans.
    If Blizzard meant to give this version to Horde, they'd take 2/4 (and 2 of the original most played) race models away from the Alliance. Not gonna hsppen./QUOTE]
    There's no reason to assume that. Especially if factions as they exist now are not going to be the same in 9.0. I also don't why you'd think giving Horde a brand new unique race (i.e. Vulpera) and Alliance glowing eyed humans is somehow more logical than giving Horde access to a human model to go alongside Junker Gnomes, and Vulpera alongside Ankoan (or vice versa).
    I completely disagree with most of what you said. I insist that the Horde won't be getting the base Human model. Kul tirans have different model. Blizzard would have to mske a trade off again, similar to the elves. And the Forsaken model has no reason to be traded to the Alliance when they can keep their own model. Besides Maghar orcs are just recolored orcs, LightUndead are recolored Humans. It's not gonna happen imo, I guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    8.1.5 has Allied Races that are 6 months overdue. More shitty war campaign quests, a new set of brawler bosses and a 2 boss raid. Did I miss anything. Those are the major things right? Rest is trivial crap.
    Proving my point, tbh. Of course a patch has "nothing in it" when you just dismiss all the stuff in it.
    It has a two boss raid, more war campaign, three other quest lines, two allied races, WoD timewalking, Brawlers guild with quest, Profession quests with tools of the trade items, two remastered battle grounds, Wintergrasp as a battleground, a PvP brawl, and then a bunch of minor stuff (micro holidays, darkmoon updates, new collectable stuff, naga world quests).

Like c'mon now. How can you even pretend that isn't a huge fucking x.x.5 patch. Please. That is more shit than most major content patches in past expansions ever attempt. Two completely remade BGs + timewalking season + all those quest lines + mini raid is, alone, a shit ton.

They've already specifically stated Nazjatar won't be like Broken Shore/Argus. They claim it won't be a garbage copy+paste zone with WQs, rares and chests.
    I realize that. I'm saying even if it was, it would already be better than 7.2, 6.2, 4.2, 3.2. If the world quests had a vaguely decent set of story quests to go along with them, it would be pretty much identical to 5.2. (and we know there are, because that's what Ankoan are all about) I don't know what you want, man. Even the worst possible scenario has this patch on the level of every other .2 patch we've ever had.

They claim a full talent tree on the neck + active abilities.

They claim a *NEW* follower system with questing, levelling and gearing the follower. RPG style elements.

They also claim 8.2 content will be more questing and story driven. Less garbage world quest type shit.

Then there's another mini zone and mega dungeon and also a full raid.

Their claims and promises are lofty. This patch is make or break.
    The neck isn't as big a deal as you make it out to be. Like I've said before, it is easy to just throw abilities and shit at players. There is nothing particularly hard about updated bodyguard system that is quest based and progresses. Plenty of patches have been story driven with tons of questing, but if you're going to approach them moaning and bitching (like with the current patch) all the questing in the world is going to be "shitty" or "trivial crap".

Mechagon already looked very far along at announcement, the island was also largely finished being built. The claims here aren't that lofty. The patch will be fine, unless you go into it trying to find every possible thing to not like and determined to dismiss anything it does, in which case it will be awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I completely disagree with most of what you said. I insist that the Horde won't be getting the base Human model. Kul tirans have different model. Blizzard would have to mske a trade off again, similar to the elves. And the Forsaken model has no reason to be traded to the Alliance when they can keep their own model. Besides Maghar orcs are just recolored orcs, LightUndead are recolored Humans. It's not gonna happen imo, I guess time will tell.
    There is nothing indicating they would have to make a trade. They made a trade with the elves because they had a neutral faction of elves, and a source for pseudo high elves, so what else were they going to do? Give the Alliance two sets of elves and the Horde nothing? The Forsaken model has infinitely more reason to be given to the Alliance than a third fucking human model that is less distinct than the human model they were just given.

Mag'har are also the only allied orc race given to the Horde. You aren't arguing for Mag'har, you are arguing that, in addition to Mag'har, 8.2.5 should add in "Blademaster Orcs" that are regular orcs but wearing Blindfolds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    There is nothing indicating they would have to make a trade. They made a trade with the elves because they had a neutral faction of elves, and a source for pseudo high elves, so what else were they going to do? Give the Alliance two sets of elves and the Horde nothing? The Forsaken model has infinitely more reason to be given to the Alliance than a third fucking human model that is less distinct than the human model they were just given.

Mag'har are also the only allied orc race given to the Horde. You aren't arguing for Mag'har, you are arguing that, in addition to Mag'har, 8.2.5 should add in "Blademaster Orcs" that are regular orcs but wearing Blindfolds.
    Doesn't matter if Kul'tirans are also humans, they have a different model with different animations. The Horde got the orc (main face of the Horde race) equivalent. The Alliance will get their base human model with the Lightforged Forsaken if they are gonna be implemented. Won't be trading the two factions' most basic models.