Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    For sure. I'm hoping it successful enough to convince Blizzard to consider adopting some of Classic's popular features into Retail. I know some of what made Vanilla great won't necessarily work with Retail today, but I'd really like something similar to the old talent system back.
    People need to stop with the old talent tree nonsense. It sucked. It need to stay in the past where it belongs. Ther is nothing remotely interesting about gainin. 009005% haste for a talent point.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Agreed that it's a divisive narrative, but disagree that the divisive narrative is the issue. If anything, I'd argue that it has more to do with the narrative really being so black and white that's the issue. The Alliance doesn't seem to make any "morally grey" decisions. Even attacking Dazar'alor somewhat makes motivational sense given their closeness with the Horde. The Horde on the other hand is so consistently being protrayed as the bad guy here, making horrible decision after horrible decision. Burning Teldrassil, raising Derek Proudmoore, bombing Brennadam, blighting fellow Horde members at Lordaeron...everything portrays them as the villain.

Perhaps if the narrative were a bit more even with both sides doing good and horrible things, it might feel more like a war and less like a saturday morning cartoon.
    As an Alliance player, I am currently fine with the lack of morally grey decisions. It'd be out of character for our leaders to be making these to an extent greater than they are.

I definitely find the weakness of story telling comes from the absence of story telling. I am more confused than entertained, and that isn't a good feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    People need to stop with the old talent tree nonsense. It sucked. It need to stay in the past where it belongs. Ther is nothing remotely interesting about gainin. 009005% haste for a talent point.
    Whats interesting about leveling and nothing though. Thats the reason people are grasping at straws. I don't think the old talent system is the solution but I see why people are desperate enough to reach for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Agreed that it's a divisive narrative, but disagree that the divisive narrative is the issue. If anything, I'd argue that it has more to do with the narrative really being so black and white that's the issue. The Alliance doesn't seem to make any "morally grey" decisions. Even attacking Dazar'alor somewhat makes motivational sense given their closeness with the Horde. The Horde on the other hand is so consistently being protrayed as the bad guy here, making horrible decision after horrible decision. Burning Teldrassil, raising Derek Proudmoore, bombing Brennadam, blighting fellow Horde members at Lordaeron...everything portrays them as the villain.

Perhaps if the narrative were a bit more even with both sides doing good and horrible things, it might feel more like a war and less like a saturday morning cartoon.
    Because the term morally grey was taken out of context, they figured it meant related to sylvanas or one faction, which overall it was meant for Azeroth in totality. We don't need the Alliance to do anything bad, they shouldn't go out of character either(Ending Rastakhan's life really would keep Talanji from even working with Alliance or even Jaina for that matter.....and devs said the faction war would end.....that's not doable).

I'm not saying it's "good" the Horde is being bad(Honestly in terms of Horde being upset about it is probably not as good as it should be minus Baine but it took him until Derek to do something). Also doesn't help that the Mag'har leader is just another stereotype of an Orc acting strong and having a twisted sense of honor(Orc Honor DERP).

It's a fun ride to be sure but....old god stuff grabs my attention(And how the Alliance reacts to it) much more then Alliance and Horde fighting.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I mean, everyone's entitled to their opinion? You may not have liked it, but I did. Leveling felt miles more rewarding back then, and the old talent trees were a large contribution to that.

However, I would not want a copy and paste of the old talent system to the new one. I just appreciated its concept more than the current system. I feel the Legion Artifact Weapon trees were a great evolution to that. Something with that architecture for a new talent system would be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Blizzard is good at making cheesy and predictable things work. Which is why Legion was generally so well received and played.

Give us pure Old-God expansion Blizzard, with boring ''The end is nigh!'' bosses in every single dungeon and part of the world. We'll play it. Leave creative writing to other companies.
    Yeah, blizzard is decent at world building and broad themes, but bad at individual character development.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a good feeling about tomorrow. We shall see.

No, I don't have any insider info, just a gut feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Whats interesting about leveling and nothing though. Thats the reason people are grasping at straws. I don't think the old talent system is the solution but I see why people are desperate enough to reach for it.
    This! that's why a level squish would be cool, if done right ofc. For endgame I like more the talent system we have now, but, they could expand it more.

Woke up due to a PTR patch alert, but it was just another 8.1.5 build. So sad.

You know that wotlk talents had actualy more active spells + passives than current talents?

7+ Year Old Account
    Pax tomorrow.

I demand a ptr update!

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Pax tomorrow.

I demand a ptr update!
    it's 5am for me, do you mean tomorrow as in today? or tomorrow as in thursday?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's 5am for me, do you mean tomorrow as in today? or tomorrow as in thursday?
    Tomorrow as in thursday.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Tomorrow as in thursday.
    sweet. i'll have to pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaurie View Post
    As an Alliance player, I am currently fine with the lack of morally grey decisions. It'd be out of character for our leaders to be making these to an extent greater than they are.

I definitely find the weakness of story telling comes from the absence of story telling. I am more confused than entertained, and that isn't a good feeling.
    Alliance player likes having boring lawful good image. Let me guess you play a human paladin too.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Alliance player likes having boring lawful good image. Let me guess you play a human paladin too.
    Pretty much this. Alliance players like to pretend they agree both factions should be morally grey, but if they can't have the moral high ground in any argument or conflict with the Horde they cry the loudest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle June Bug View Post
    Pretty much this. Alliance players like to pretend they agree both factions should be morally grey, but if they can't have the moral high ground in any argument or conflict with the Horde they cry the loudest.
    Not every player is like this. I main Alliance and I want Genn to do some really fucked up things. What he did in Stormheim was a breath of fresh air and I was cheering.
    But now, there is no way in hell with how Golden writes him, he's Anduin's sidekick now. Because Anduin is right about everything in this universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I think you misunderstood me. I was saying that the story being lawful good is fine enough, and consistent with the current character make up, but that does not mean that a morally grey choice is undesirable.

I just think that isn't the current issue with the story. It's not boring choices, it's the confusing narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    You know that wotlk talents had actualy more active spells + passives than current talents?
    You know that most of these were made baseline and for the most part still exist in the current game?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

What can we expect from their attendance at PAX East? 8.2 preview and that's it I guess?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What can we expect from their attendance at PAX East? 8.2 preview and that's it I guess?
    Where is it confirmed that Blizz is even at PAX in any official capacity? No, the tweet from Lore does not count.