1. #4581
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    16,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenblade View Post
    Confirmed though? It'd suck to have this go under the radar.
    It says change them with tomes like talents.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Essences work exactly like talents, meaning they can be freely swapped in a rested zone or with a tome. On the front page.

  2. #4582
    Merely a Setback Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    29,688
    Hooray more uses for scribes. Because we all know nobody is using contracts.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    FFXIV: Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)

    "In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

  3. #4583
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    16,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Hooray more uses for scribes. Because we all know nobody is using contracts.
    I used contracts for the first month. I wish reps had useful stuff to warrant grinding rep more than once. Its just not worth it.

  4. #4584
    Merely a Setback Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    29,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I used contracts for the first month. I wish reps had useful stuff to warrant grinding rep more than once. Its just not worth it.
    With the neck changes yeah.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    FFXIV: Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)

    "In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

  5. #4585
    Oh God, just watched Preach video about 8.2 content, because I always liked his perspective, whether I agreed or not. He.. spend most time whining about mount equipement. Literally one neutral thing that benefit everyone not only in BfA, but even more in future expansions.

    First he (or rather his community, at least he admitted he screw up) try to shift blame for his bans on Blizz, now this.. I think dude is goner. Well, we lose some and gain some every expac.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I used contracts for the first month. I wish reps had useful stuff to warrant grinding rep more than once. Its just not worth it.
    If they would increase bonus to 50, it could serve both as catch up for alts and money making method with Paragon rep.

  6. #4586
    Imagine peace summit, where Saurfang and Baine are negotiating details of peace with Anduin, when suddenly Tyrande appears out of nowhere to shoot Saurfang as she's still mad since she spared his life before Teldrassil, but he arrows hits another target...Zappyboi and he dies. This will definitely justify the conflict for the Horde peacelovers.

  7. #4587
    Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Imagine peace summit, where Saurfang and Baine are negotiating details of peace with Anduin, when suddenly Tyrande appears out of nowhere to shoot Saurfang as she's still mad since she spared his life before Teldrassil, but he arrows hits another target...Zappyboi and he dies. This will definitely justify the conflict for the Horde peacelovers.
    Maybe in players eyes, but he is just random young troll for most Horde.

    And btw, why would random young troll appear on important peace summit? Because Saurfang likes him?

  8. #4588
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    And btw, why would random young troll appear on important peace summit? Because Saurfang likes him?
    duh, they are besties now

  9. #4589
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Maybe in players eyes, but he is just random young troll for most Horde.

    And btw, why would random young troll appear on important peace summit? Because Saurfang likes him?
    It's a peace summit with 2 factions that despise each other.

    Nothing stops zap to be there as a guard.

  10. #4590
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Oh God, just watched Preach video about 8.2 content, because I always liked his perspective, whether I agreed or not. He.. spend most time whining about mount equipement. Literally one neutral thing that benefit everyone not only in BfA, but even more in future expansions.

    First he (or rather his community, at least he admitted he screw up) try to shift blame for his bans on Blizz, now this.. I think dude is goner.
    I took a look at Preach's channel, because the above sounded rather uncharacteristic of him, and I think he spent most of the time in his last video on mounts because he aims to make multiple videos talking about 8.2 and that one was concentrating on mounts, nothing more. Look at the name of the video: "8.2 Features Overview - The Mounts Mystery". /shrug

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, @Nyel, we'll probably have to admit that 8.3 will likely happen. Because the transcript for the T&E's video on the front page includes this:

    "By the end of 8.3 you will probably have 4 minor essences and possibly 2 major."

    Although the real contention was always regarding whether 8.3 will be something fairly big (like 5.3 or 7.3) or fairly token (like whatever was that WotLK patch with the Ruby Sanctum), and all arguments in favor of 8.3 being perhaps closer to "token" stand.
    Last edited by rda; 2019-04-14 at 09:16 AM.

  11. #4591
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Also, @Nyel, we'll probably have to admit that 8.3 will likely happen. Because the transcript for the T&E's video on the front page includes this:

    "By the end of 8.3 you will probably have 4 minor essences and possibly 2 major."

    Although the real contention was always regarding whether 8.3 will be something fairly big (like 5.3 or 7.3) or fairly token (like whatever was that WotLK patch with the Ruby Sanctum), and all arguments in favor of 8.3 being perhaps closer to "token" stand.
    Taliesen said that they expect everyone to have about 6 essences by the end of the first week.
    Not by the end of patch 8.3

    They mistyped the front page.

    The System would be abnormal if you end up with just 6 essences after another year.
    Last edited by Arafal; 2019-04-14 at 09:30 AM.

  12. #4592
    If you want (not direct) confirmation for 8.3 in T&E video, check 57:55. Don't need more, unless you think that either T&E or Ion lied, in that case I can't help you.

  13. #4593
    Scarab Lord Fahrad Wagner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    4,124
    When do you guys think the PTR will be up this week? My hope is for Tuesday or Wednesday. Monday would be a nice surprise though!

  14. #4594
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    When do you guys think the PTR will be up this week? My hope is for Tuesday or Wednesday. Monday would be a nice surprise though!
    I doubt they are gonna wait til thursday after that info-dump.

    Tuesday it is!

  15. #4595
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    we won't know if that leak's right till we get the ptr next week.

    there's too much information there that wasn't in the reveal, because it's story stuff.

    imo, if they get the "drowning" affix right, then that means the leak is right.
    Ultimately, you can't trust any leak, even if parts of it (that weren't obvious or well-known speculation) turned out to be right.

    People always assume these leaks are first-hand, and not reused information. Maybe some parts are even real leaks via a friend of a friend of a friend etc. but padded with the current person's speculation, either just to insert their own assumptions or to protect the leaker, if a direct friend.
    What does it do? Ask TokenSplainer! | Keep track of your Possessions

  16. #4596
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Taliesen said that they expect everyone to have about 6 essences by the end of the first week.
    Not by the end of patch 8.3

    They mistyped the front page.

    The System would be abnormal if you end up with just 6 essences after another year.
    I guess they mistyped the front page indeed but I interpreted the item as:

    "By the end of 8.3 you will probably have 4 minor essence slots and possibly 2 major."

    ...anyway, so it made sense to me.

    Since you seemed to be saying that the typo might be elsewhere I went to check the video and I was able to find where they talk about both "expect players to have about 6 essences at the end or the first week" (this was somewhere around 6:00, I think) and "by the end of 8.3 we'll likely have 4 minor slots and maybe an extra major (so, 2 major)" (~17:00). So, my interpretation was correct.

    Although this did sound like T&E theorizing about what might happen rather than anything said by Blizzard, even as a possibility. I didn't find out for sure because I stopped listening the moment the topic switched away from azerite to something else as (please forgive me, everyone, for saying this, but I cannot bear it) T&E's stupid exaggerated enthusiasm -- with him talking about "synergy" without showing anything like that in a limited pool of effing big cooldowns, and excitedly exclaiming (with joyful tears, no less) that the system is really, really good because apparently you can swap essences in and out and even between slots (wow, imagine that) -- was becoming unbearable.

    Ah, well. Sum total: it was about slots, they meant 8.3 and this, together with other things (yes, thank for the 57:55, too) means we'll have 8.3.

    (Going back to being not grumpy, have to stay away from T&E or I go grumpy real fast.)

    ---

    PS: Who do we message to clarify the item on the front page? Let's try it inline:

    @Stoy - suggested clarification for the front page - under "Taliesin and Evitel Patch 8.2 Information".

    This: "By the end of 8.3 you will probably have 4 minor essences and possibly 2 major."
    Should read as: "By the end of 8.3 you will probably have 4 minor essence slots and possibly 2 major."
    Source: T&E's video, ~17:00
    Last edited by rda; 2019-04-14 at 11:01 AM.

  17. #4597
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Taliesen said that they expect everyone to have about 6 essences by the end of the first week.
    They've meant essence slots, not essences that you have unlocked.

  18. #4598
    Yeah, Tuesday would be best way. And it would sound kinda weird if we talk about a first week of PTR if opened on a Thursday or Friday.

  19. #4599
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    They've meant essence slots, not essences that you have unlocked.
    I am pretty sure they meant the opposite. You will only be able to get 3 slots throughout 8.2 and they felt it unlikely you will have the third slot in time for the raid even if you grinded like mad.
    But it is easy to see how you'd have 6 essences. Two from rep, some from dungeons, some from pvp.

  20. #4600
    @rda @Sarethion

    nvm, i missed this line on the front page
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoy (front page)
    Blizzard expects people to have about 6 different essences unlocked by the end of the first week.
    @rda is right, at min. 17 they talk about future essence slots past 8.2
    I seem to have missed that when i was watching the vid and then mistook the last line on the front page, for the one above.
    Last edited by Arafal; 2019-04-14 at 12:37 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •