Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Entire island setup is there for you then.
    Islands do not have RP at all lol.

And no mobs spawning at random with the guy going "amg look out" in the text box is akin to an end of dungeon message.

If we are saying Islands is one of the next big things for an RPG game then just lol.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-05-08 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

And no mobs spawning at random with the guy going "amg look out" in the text box is akin to an end of dungeon message.
    Entire Mechagon island has no lore at all about the mechagnomes and current situation? M'kay. Did you mistook it for Island Expeditions?

I don't get whats this fetish about elaborated RP's at the end of the dungeon, when it was the norm for years, even for main story dungeons (and Mechagon is a side story).
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Entire Mechagon island has no lore at all about the mechagnomes and current situation? M'kay. Did you mistook it for Island Expeditions?

I don't get whats this fetish about elaborated RP's at the end of the dungeon, when it was the norm for years, even for main story dungeons (and Mechagon is a side story).
    Oh you were on about Mechagon itself? My bad I'm shattered today haha. Sorry dude.

But eh I feel like a quick end of dungeon cutscene wouldn't hurt. Establishing the lore is nice and all but building on it through the dungeon would be nice too. Like Kara did a little or Seat of the Triumvirate.

Mechagon looks amazing don't get me wrong. But the Dungeon eh just think it could use a tad of RP. Just wish Nazjatar looked as awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Point 4 doesn’t hold water as wod didn’t rely on previous strengths. Mop had a comply unrivalled amount of things to do outside of raiding which were all then dropped other then challenge modes and pet battles, wod dropped all of mops strengths. Bfa on the other hand didn’t drop stuff from legion like wod did.

Point 1 doesn’t work as nothing in wod was broken it was the lack of content that got wod not that the content was broken.

All of his points fall Apart if you even slightly look into them which is why he instantly threw away his examples as not a single one works.

But as far as the thread goes I’m done with this conversation unless he can give some new examples but I doubt that will happen.
    You are right, I retire what I said about point 4 and 1, apologies!

If we are saying Islands is one of the next big things for an RPG game then just lol.
    Hes talking about Mechagon Island not IE you moron. Also, take into account that mechagon will be split in 2 and made into m+.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Hes talking about Mechagon Island not IE you moron. Also, take into account that mechagon will be split in 2 and made into m+.
    Read my reply. I apologised. I'm tired as hell because barely any sleep. There's no need for insults.

Also M+ is irrelevant to RP. I meant cutscenes/dialogue. It just feels weak in the dungeon to say we are meeting this brand new race (well kinda brand new I guess) and helping them start a rebellion.

And heroic as well.

Read my reply. I apologised. I'm tired as hell because barely any sleep. There's no need for insults.

Also M+ is irrelevant to RP. I meant cutscenes/dialogue. It just feels weak in the dungeon to say we are meeting this brand new race (well kinda brand new I guess) and helping them start a rebellion.
    You meet them long before you enter the dungeon. Dungeon is finale. RP is a lesser priority in dungeons than m+.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And heroic as well.
    Do people even run heroics nowadays?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

You meet them long before you enter the dungeon. Dungeon is finale. RP is a lesser priority in dungeons than m+.

I disagree personally. I think RP in an RPG should take priority in the dungeon.

And it never stopped Court of Stars having it on M+ with the Elisande interlude.

As for Heroics. Can make some decent initial catchup. Should end this expansion on 395 Heroic pieces.

A lot of people will never even step on Mythic Mechagon until it becomes Heroic because a lot of people do not do PuGs and if it is reasonably challenging like Karazhan was, they won't be able to clear it with their friends & family group.

I disagree personally. I think RP in an RPG should take priority in the dungeon.
    Elder Scrolls is for you then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    A lot of people will never even step on Mythic Mechagon until it becomes Heroic because a lot of people do not do PuGs and if it is reasonably challenging like Karazhan was, they won't be able to clear it with their friends & family group.
    Felt a lot easier than Kara. Wiped only on last boss, liked King Gobbamak and HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit encounters.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2019-05-08 at 03:45 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

One day WoW will be a PARAGON OF GAMEPLAY and ROLEPLAY like FFXIV... One day............................

Elder Scrolls is for you then.

Felt a lot easier than Kara. Wiped only on last boss, liked King Gobbamak and HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit encounters.
    So you're basically saying WoW should have less RPG elements in?

Bloody hell.....

So you're basically saying WoW should have less RPG elements in?

Bloody hell.....
    Amazing twist dude.... I said none of that.
    No, WoW has plenty RP in it, and if you want to add, do it outside of dungeons. Watching RP for 3245th time in a dungeon is demented. And if you want extreme amount of RP, you got dedicated server for that.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2019-05-08 at 04:27 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

And it never stopped Court of Stars having it on M+ with the Elisande interlude.

As for Heroics. Can make some decent initial catchup. Should end this expansion on 395 Heroic pieces.
    But that was a few lines only, similar to what we have in Mechagon. You DO have an RP talks going back and forth as you progress through it, so I don't really know whats the issue here. And I think, as probably almost everyone, that in dungeons gameplay > RP, especially considering M+. Interesting and balanced trash, bosses and environment is just so much more important. Like, it has been like this for YEARS: you get most of the story questing through the zone, and the dungeon is simply the finale, with familiar characters and story inside.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

But that was a few lines only, similar to what we have in Mechagon. You DO have an RP talks going back and forth as you progress through it, so I don't really know whats the issue here. And I think, as probably almost everyone, that in dungeons gameplay > RP, especially considering M+. Interesting and balanced trash, bosses and environment is just so much more important. Like, it has been like this for YEARS: you get most of the story questing through the zone, and the dungeon is simply the finale, with familiar characters and story inside.
    At this point, I think he's complaining purely for the sake of complaining.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

At this point, I think he's complaining purely for the sake of complaining.
    ...Are you only just now realizing that?

There seems to have been another player summit at Blizzard, Towelliee said he'd have a countdown for when he can talk about it.

But in this case I would guess themed with WoW Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    But in this case I would guess themed with WoW Classic.
    I think this is probably right and classic beta is imminent.