Herald of the Titans FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    Now I want to get on PTR and check for myself, but still have to finish my character's 2nd War campaign stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Holy smoke if Nazjatar is a disappointment.

I hope and urge people to mass spam feedback because we cannot allow another 8.0
    It feels like it's too late? I don't know how much they can reasonably change in the next month or two. I seriously doubt the art style will be changing substantially by then, for example.

"I don't like the art style, so it's bad" is probably the dumbest, least substantial, most blissfully millennial criticism I've heard in my entire life.

Might as well just submit a photo of spraying shit on your keyboard all while you're at it. Man this fanbase has become retarded.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    I understand lamenting Nazjatar couldn't be its own little expansion zone in it's own expansion underwater but... considering the Vash'ir backlash I understand(Even if it annoys me). We can still appreciate Nazjatar for what it is.
    #TeamLegion

Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

I think there are considerable ameliorations that can still be made regarding Nazjatar. Add more "under the sea" critters, bioluminescents elements to the environment, and make it feel more alive. This doesn't require a drastic makeover of the zone, just small touches.

i don't really see how nazjatar was deep enough under the ocean for some of the deep sea stuff that's already there, like those spikey shrimp.

if you look at the water wall, it's maybe, idk, 700ft high(someone take a 6ft human and do your math stuff)? like, that's around the depth of loch ness. it's not deep sea at all, really.

though idk, maybe i'm wrong. but i was always under the impression that the alien world of the deep ocean was way the fuck down there, like 2k feet at least.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't really see how nazjatar was deep enough under the ocean for some of the deep sea stuff that's already there, like those spikey shrimp.

if you look at the water wall, it's maybe, idk, 700ft high(someone take a 6ft human and do your math stuff)? like, that's around the depth of loch ness. it's not deep sea at all, really.

though idk, maybe i'm wrong. but i was always under the impression that the alien world of the deep ocean was way the fuck down there, like 2k feet at least.
    Alien-looking sealife is indeed what you would find in the very deep ocean, but we're in a fantasy universe and they have to "sell" the zone to players. I mean, it's literally surrounded by a magical water wall. Bottom-of-a-loch wildlife isn't enough! There are parts that I absolutely love within Nazjatar, the ones with the naga architecture for example. This makes you feel like you're deep in the sea, even though you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Alien-looking sealife is indeed what you would find in the very deep ocean, but we're in a fantasy universe and they have to "sell" the zone to players. I mean, it's literally surrounded by a magical water wall. Bottom-of-a-loch wildlife isn't enough! There are parts that I absolutely love within Nazjatar, the ones with the naga architecture for example. This makes you feel like you're deep in the sea, even though you're not.
    yeah, true.

i feel like it's probably just another case of gameplay and lore not meshing. the zone itself is obviously bigger in lore than represented in game. if they made the wall any higher, it wouldn't mesh well with the overall size of the zone.

also, while those naga areas are cool and all, i am supremely disappointed in the lack of naga civilization. azshara and the highborne weren't some scrubs that'd be happy dwelling in what's basically mudhuts upgraded to coralhuts. these motherfuckers were royalty, nobility, and they've had 10k years to build a city worthy of that legacy.

- - - Updated - - -

this is the same way i felt about argus too, i really wanted a magical city planet.

but we see in mac'aree that the draenei just lived in what's comparable to trailer park cities. some sad shit.

Might be just a byproduct of hyper focussing everything to instanced content imo and not in a rpg world.

When you frontload all the assets for the raid/dungeon there is not gonna be much left. There are in the end only so many level designers and 3d modelists, even if they wanted to nazjatar to not look like totally bland and high illogical/unbelievable.

I just went back to Nazjatar on the PTR. The daylight is much more favorable to the zone than the night was when I first visited it. That and I am playing the Azshara theme in the background, it helps setting the mood. Still, they can make it all even better.

I just went back to Nazjatar on the PTR. The daylight is much more favorable to the zone than the night was when I first visited it. That and I am playing the Azshara theme in the background, it helps setting the mood. Still, they can make it all even better.
    Dominant Queen Azshara Pinup pics help get me in the mood! Let's just say she can be very... disciplinary. A strong, powerful and magical lady like that can really make you feel things you never knew were possible, or part of you... Maybe if things don't work out though, then there's always those Nightborne leaders... "cough" "cough" Arcanist Valtrois is a really feisty badass
    Last edited by Rivenblade; 2019-05-10 at 01:28 AM.

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I understand lamenting Nazjatar couldn't be its own little expansion zone in it's own expansion underwater but... considering the Vash'ir backlash I understand(Even if it annoys me). We can still appreciate Nazjatar for what it is.
    There is still underwater environtment in Nazjatar but most of it are passages and inside the palace.

They made Nazjatar feel like it goes down way deeper due to underwater caverns you swim through or access section of the raid
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2019-05-10 at 03:42 AM.

What was the leak about?

- - - Updated - - -

How did you center the signature?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What was the leak about?
    i don't think the "leak" is true.

basically, level squish, ancient azeroth time travel, cosmetic 'classes' similar to allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i don't think the "leak" is true.

basically, level squish, ancient azeroth time travel, cosmetic 'classes' similar to allied races.
    That sounds awful.

That sounds awful.
    Except for the cosmetic classes thing... that is something I want.

What was the leak about?

- - - Updated - - -

Just select it and center it with the text formating UI or
    add around the IMG tag

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenblade View Post
    Dominant Queen Azshara Pinup pics help get me in the mood! Let's just say she can be very... disciplinary. A strong, powerful and magical lady like that can really make you feel things you never knew were possible, or part of you... Maybe if things don't work out though, then there's always those Nightborne leaders... "cough" "cough" Arcanist Valtrois is a really feisty badass
    All shall bow before the Queen.

What was the leak about?

- - - Updated - - -

You put the signature link between [ CENTER][/ CENTER] !

With the datamined female mechagnome dance, that's pretty much the nail in the coffin for Mechagnomes as an allied race.

So for 9.0, it will be Vulpera and Mechagnomes for sure. . . I'm hoping that they'll add Sethrak and Ankoan to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    that's pretty much the nail in the coffin for Mechagnomes
    I don't think you are using "nail in the coffin" right here, correct me if I'm wrong please, since english is not my native