Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    I don't think you are using "nail in the coffin" right here, correct me if I'm wrong please, since english is not my native
    Indeed, "nail in the coffin" obviously means that something is dead, what with the image of a coffin being nailed shut
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    that's pretty much the nail in the coffin for Mechagnomes as an allied race.
    This means that Mechagnomes as an allied race is a dead idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Indeed, "nail in the coffin" obviously means that something is dead, what with the image of a coffin being nailed shut

Thanks! ^^

Sorry. Must be a colloquial misuse of the idiom that I got from my parents. We always used to use it to mean that the idea was set and that the "nail" was the thing that finalized the idea.

Warchief

Isn't nail in a coffin something similar to "sealed deal or it's done for"?

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Isn't nail in a coffin something similar to "sealed deal or it's done for"?
    Nope the nail in the coffin is something that contributes to the end of something.

Could have said "it is a nail in the coffin of speculation on the next allied race"
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2019-05-10 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    All shall bow before the Queen.

You put the signature link between [ CENTER][/ CENTER] !
    Thanks bae =)

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    With the datamined female mechagnome dance, that's pretty much the nail in the coffin for Mechagnomes as an allied race.

So for 9.0, it will be Vulpera and Mechagnomes for sure. . . I'm hoping that they'll add Sethrak and Ankoan to that list.
    I am not much into the allied races, but I'll say that Vulpera and Mechagnomes don't seem like bad choices to me. I like that neither is close to the standard human (with variations of thin: elf, small: dwarf, big and kind of fat: kul tiran, etc) prototype. The more varied the species we can play are, the better. Although I understand difficulties with armor, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I am not much into the allied races, but I'll say that Vulpera and Mechagnomes don't seem like bad choices to me. I like that neither is close to the standard human (with variations of thin: elf, small: dwarf, big and kind of fat: kul tiran, etc) prototype. The more varied the species we can play are, the better. Although I understand difficulties with armor, etc.
    I'm with this sentiment 100%. I've sometimes made jokes to the effect that there are Humans, stubby humans (dwarves), tall & skinny humans (elves), and tiny humans (gnomes).

So when does 8.2 come out, and when do you think 8.2.5 will release as well?

So I know when to prepare for it...
    For the Horde!

Can they just update Shandris' model already, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

They also gonna add Vulpera and Sethrak Heroes in HeartStone...

Vulpera is the boss from Freehold and is a Rogue Hero, and the Sethrak is a Shaman Hero...
    Coindence I think not!!! (Also please wish it be true for them to be Allied Races!)
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

They are already testing raid, and since Ion said that the raid would come 2 weeks after the patch, I would say mid-end of june?

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    Maybe this is more for you then man...
    I would hardly care for the other faction at all...But I LOVE THE HORDE!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    They are already testing raid, and since Ion said that the raid would come 2 weeks after the patch, I would say mid-end of june?
    I see...
    Just making sure when it releases I am ready to go for it...
    Did my War Campaign for now at least until they add more too it, and probably gonna do the questing in Nazjatar and maybe in Mechagon...

Still need to level my Blood Elf Female Paladin for the Heritage Armor, and then my Tauren Male Shaman for the Tauren Heritage Armor...
    Gonna do the rest too when they either release the other HORDE Heritage Armors or find some good armor sets like for the Orc and Undead...
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2019-05-10 at 07:48 AM.
    For the Horde!

I see...
    Just making sure when it releases I am ready to go for it...
    Did my War Campaign for now at least until they add more too it, and probably gonna do the questing in Nazjatar and maybe in Mechagon...

Still need to level my Blood Elf Female Paladin for the Heritage Armor, and then my Tauren Male Shaman for the Tauren Heritage Armor...
    Gonna do the rest too when they either release the other HORDE Heritage Armors or find some good armor sets like for the Orc and Undead...
    I think I'll take a couple of days from work for this patch, I want to burn it so I can have more time for other things I have to do in other games and my life.

8.2 June 25th
    AEP Raid July 16th
    8.2.5 September 24th
    8.3 Either December 3rd/10th, or January 14th/21st. Either are possible. I think I'd rather 8.3 release Mid January tbh. 5.5 months is a decent patch length, but as long as we have waited, and the fact that there are two zones etc, makes me want 8.3 to release 6-7 months later rather than 5ish. Also means less waiting until 9.0.

8.3 Jan 14th
    8.3 raid- Feb 4th
    8.3.5 April 21st
    9.0 Prepatch September 1st
    9.0- September 29th

If they want a longer beta etc could push it back 1-2 months to October or November.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Thanks bae =)

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I totally agree. I understand some people might not be into Vulpera or Mechagnomes, but they're much better choices than yet another generic human-like race. Don't get me wrong, I like human-like races, but a bit of diversity never killed nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    I surely hope they do, yet, knowing Blizzard, I would be surprised if they put any effort into it.

They also gonna add Vulpera and Sethrak Heroes in HeartStone...

Vulpera is the boss from Freehold and is a Rogue Hero, and the Sethrak is a Shaman Hero...
    Coindence I think not!!! (Also please wish it be true for them to be Allied Races!)
    I really hope the Sethrak will become an Allied Race. They're so unique it would be a shame to waste them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post

I totally agree. I understand some people might not be into Vulpera or Mechagnomes, but they're much better choices than yet another generic human-like race. Don't get me wrong, I like human-like races, but a bit of diversity never killed nobody.

I surely hope they do, yet, knowing Blizzard, I would be surprised if they put any effort into it.

I really hope the Sethrak will become an Allied Race. They're so unique it would be a shame to waste them away.
    Sethrak would probably be no more of an issue that something like Worgen? Shoulders would work fine for the most part. Helmet and maybe boots are the only issues. I think they are worth adding either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Sethrak would probably be no more of an issue that something like Worgen? Shoulders would work fine for the most part. Helmet and maybe boots are the only issues. I think they are worth adding either way.
    They could hide the helmets by default. Just like legs for Mechagnomes! I really want to see the snek-boyz in the Alliance!

I do not mind Vulpera at all even though I doubt I'll play one. But Mechagnomes have the exact same problem with the Lightforged. They take a race's theme and crank it to 11, invalidating the base race in the process.

I do not mind Vulpera at all even though I doubt I'll play one. But Mechagnomes have the exact same problem with the Lightforged. They take a race's theme and crank it to 11, invalidating the base race in the process.
    I don't think so. Mechagnomes have a culture of their own and have a different aesthetic than regular Gnomes do. Same goes for Draenei who are quite chill and Lightforged Draenei who are Light fanatics, although I would agree the difference in aesthetic between those two races is very thin.