1. #8421
    Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    Yes or its going to be a fairly long content drought
    These content drought proclamations are getting out of hand, we are on week off 8.2. Why are we already talking about the possible 8.3 content drought?

  2. #8422
    Blizzard could scale the Azeroth zones in a way they could use them as endgame zones as well as leveling zones for people to start at lv1. Or they throw leveling up each expansion and replace it with something like teso got.

  3. #8423
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    These content drought proclamations are getting out of hand, we are on week off 8.2. Why are we already talking about the possible 8.3 content drought?
    If its a blizzcon announcement for 8.3 thats gonna be a 6 month 8.2 patch.

  4. #8424
    The Undying Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    39,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    If its a blizzcon announcement for 8.3 thats gonna be a 6 month 8.2 patch.
    If Blizzcon is in november then it would be 5 months.
    #TeamLegion

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  5. #8425
    Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    If its a blizzcon announcement for 8.3 thats gonna be a 6 month 8.2 patch.
    So are we just completely ignoring 8.2.5? I know that forums like to shit on patches that does not have everything ever, but it is still content, how long between each patch do we have to get before it is regarded as a "long" content drough.

  6. #8426
    Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    If its a blizzcon announcement for 8.3 thats gonna be a 6 month 8.2 patch.
    Well, 8.1 was released December 11. So we're over 6 months for 8.1 & 8.1.5. They are taking their time with patches this expansion.

  7. #8427
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Well, 8.1 was released December 11. So we're over 6 months for 8.1 & 8.1.5. They are taking their time with patches this expansion.
    Now this is some quality bitching here.

    "We got a content patch 6 months ago, so counting the content patch we got between then and now, it is 6 months since the last content patch."

  8. #8428
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Do you think 8.3 will be "revealed" before Blizzcon?
    I'd say 50/50. They could reveal it on September/October stream. But if 8.3 will be introduction to 9.0 "Black Empire" theme (like 6.2->7.0), they could reveal it alongside 9.0 on Blizzcon - with PTR right after Blizzcon and January release.

  9. #8429
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Now this is some quality bitching here.

    "We got a content patch 6 months ago, so counting the content patch we got between then and now, it is 6 months since the last content patch."
    Did you read the post I was replying to? I wasn't complaining. They said we couldn't have 6 months between 8.2 and 8.3. I pointed out we just had a similar time frame.

  10. #8430
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Did you read the post I was replying to? I wasn't complaining. They said we couldn't have 6 months between 8.2 and 8.3. I pointed out we just had a similar time frame.
    Ahh. Okay, sorry then. So used to all the bitching on the forums by now.

  11. #8431
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If Blizzcon is in november then it would be 5 months.
    And at least 2 months of ptr which would be 7 months

  12. #8432
    Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    And at least 2 months of ptr which would be 7 months
    You have to remember PTR and official announcements are not really that closely linked, it is fully possible for Blizz to have the PTR up before they do their big "announcement"
    Besides that though, Blizzcon will almost completely guaranteed be about the next expansion, so there would not be much time to dedicate to 8.3 anyways.

  13. #8433
    I am Murloc! Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    5,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Well I guess 8.2.5 will hit around a few weeks after Classic launches, so I guess a 8.3 Stream in October is realistic.
    Most likely, but I got the senses they want to also show the preview of the next expansion and maybe the last lot of allied races before moving fully to another feature. What do you think alga? My bet the stream will be like Argus and 8.3 with some surprised reserved more later(maybe some rumor of the current location of knaifu, maybe the pantheon)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

  14. #8434
    The Undying Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    39,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    And at least 2 months of ptr which would be 7 months
    You were still wrong on the "Content draught" we had a good idea what the heck was going on before Blizzcon.
    #TeamLegion

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  15. #8435
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Most likely, but I got the senses they want to also show the preview of the next expansion and maybe the last lot of allied races before moving fully to another feature. What do you think alga? My bet the stream will be like Argus and 8.3 with some surprised reserved more later(maybe some rumor of the current location of knaifu, maybe the pantheon)
    There is also a 8.3.5 and we have to look on how 8.2.5 turns out in size, but at least we know that those x.x.5 patches are handled as actual content patches so they could always hide some of the suprises in there. But in general they don't need to go in detail with the announcement stream, since 8.2.5 will be fresh and Blizzcon would be looming, so I am also more awaiting some sort of 8.1 Ion Stream.

  16. #8436
    dont forget about 8.4

  17. #8437
    Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    If its a blizzcon announcement for 8.3 thats gonna be a 6 month 8.2 patch.
    So relatively normal length?

  18. #8438
    The Lightbringer Pennem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    3,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    There is also a 8.3.5 and we have to look on how 8.2.5 turns out in size, but at least we know that those x.x.5 patches are handled as actual content patches so they could always hide some of the suprises in there. But in general they don't need to go in detail with the announcement stream, since 8.2.5 will be fresh and Blizzcon would be looming, so I am also more awaiting some sort of 8.1 Ion Stream.
    They could end up having a 8.3.2 as well before a 8.3.5. But that was really minor tweaks on things.

  19. #8439
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    They could end up having a 8.3.2 as well before a 8.3.5. But that was really minor tweaks on things.
    7.3.2 was, i believe, mostly because al the legion raids were opened in a 7.x.5 patch, but with Antorus, Blizz mentioned they did not have enough content to release to justify it being 7.3.5, so they made it 7.3.2 instead, with the promise of a proper patch later.

    BfA does not have this problem, since it releases its raids complletely separate from the later .5 patches, so i cannot really see the point in Blizz having that patch.

  20. #8440
    I'm so hyped about 8.2, all my friends and I can't wait to explore and see it all, and ofc, unlock flying!

    I also want to try that new dungeon and raid like right nooooow!!

    off topic here now, sorry, but yesterday I realized that all those people who are saying that 8.2 is horrible are not talking anymore about the like/dislike ratio on youtube don't they?

    I mean, at least with 8.1 they had that as backup. But now I saw what the trailer for 8.2 has and it's being positive, they can say whatever they want, but as of now, 8.2 is a success

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •