1. #2961
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    15,864
    What if Xalatath is related to Karesh in some way?

  2. #2962
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornith View Post
    This is the discussion of speculations, not a whine thread. Why in the world did you feel yourself entitled to come there and start this discussion?
    Please read the posts that lead to the one you've quoted, it hasn't started as whining.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I just can't believe that 8.2 is where we'll get Naz'jatar... Makes me wonder what the hell 8.3 will bring?? What CAN it bring?
    Nothing? Because there won't be 8.3? That was exactly my point before my post was turned into a "whine". Maybe we should start talking about the possibility of 8.2 being the final patch of BfA which makes a lot more sense regarding its scope and theme. I don't know why this option is ruled out by so many in this thread.

    8.2 is definitely bigger than 7.2 and maybe 6.2, might have the scope of Isle of Thunder - it could totally fit the "final patch of an expansion" scenario.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-02-18 at 05:00 PM.
    - Battle for Azeroth is the Michael Bay of WoW expansions -

  3. #2963
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Nothing? Because there won't be 8.3? That was exactly my point before my post was turned into a "whine". Maybe we should start talking about the possibility of 8.2 being the final patch of BfA which makes a lot more sense regarding its scope and theme. I don't know why this option is ruled out by so many in this thread.

    8.2 is definitely bigger than 7.2 and maybe 6.2, might have the scope of Isle of Thunder - it could totally fit the "final patch of an expansion" scenario.
    First of all, it's worth pointing out here that Isle of Thunder was not the last patch of MoP. Timeless Isle came after it alongside Siege of Orgrimmar.

    While 8.2 is definitely shaping up to be a fairly large patch, there are a lot of signs pointing to it not being so. Story-wise, it makes no sense to start this war storyline, switch gears to go fight Azshara, then do nothing to actually close up the storyline itself. Blizz themselves seem to have indicated that more story was to come with Jeremy Feasel's "What's Next" fish slide at the end of last Blizzcon's WoW panel. Timing-wise, 8.2 seems likely to show up in June/July. Unless they are planning on the next expansion launching in early Spring (unlikely unless they greatly changed their dev direction months ago or are planning on expansions being far smaller now), they'd be looking at an extremely long wait between content patches without anything to fill the gap...something they've mentioned a few times that they'd like to avoid.

    We also need to look at how they are handling core BfA systems in 8.2 to see this pattern. They may not be adding a Warfront, but they are completely overhauling the Azerite system. If they were just abandoning BfA, they'd likely just try another spotty patch fix and ignore it from there until the next expansion. Such an overhaul suggests that they have further purpose for this fix, meaning they likely have more content than just 8.2 to use it in.

    One other factor to consider here: WoD. Blizz supposedly cut the development of WoD early to focus on Legion (would link a source, but couldn't find one in a quick google search), but it still took the same nearly two-year span to get an expansion out. Blizz has already made this mistake once, they would likely not do the same one again. Different mistakes, sure...Blizz makes those a good amount. But it's rare to see Blizz make the same mistake repeatedly.

    Finally, Blizz has already revealed that there will be an 8.2.5, we know this is coming. This is the patch where the new Worgen/Goblin models are set to release. If Blizz had no plans for an 8.3, they almost certainly would have kept that under their hats as another exciting thing to spike pre-orders for the next expansion (which 8.2.5 would likely lead into then).

    My question then is why do you actually seem to believe that 8.3 won't happen? There seem to be plenty of indicators that 8.3 is coming, yet I don't seem to see any real evidence (aside from people that specifically want the next expansion out sooner for one reason or another) that indicate 8.2 as being the last content patch.

  4. #2964
    I really want to see the ruins of zin azshari

  5. #2965
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    *snip*
    First: thanks for your elaborate response, I'll make mine quite short because I answered those questions several times in the last months. Will just go over a few points:

    - 8.2.5 will contain the raid so it was obvious that we'll get an 8.2.5 patch.

    - What indicators are there besides the "What's next?" slide? I mean that doesn't even indicate 8.3. It could be 9.0 and the next expansion as well. BfA has been a mess story-wise and feature-wise from start to now (and it'll be until finish)

    - BfA is nowhere near the success of Legion, it's more of a "WoD" than a "Legion", something Blizzard clearly didn't want and didn't expect either with incredibly bland and boring new features or completely broken gameplay systems (this only happened in WoD before with the Garrison)

    - It would make sense to finish off with Azshara, reminscent of Gul'dan in HFC where she will be the catalyst for the events in 9.0 revolving around N'zoth etc.; they could easily end the abysmal faction war storyline in 8.2(.5)

    - the timing: 6.2 and HFC came out in June '15, Legion launched August '16. I don't expect the Azshara raid to be here in June or July with CoS being in the pipeline as well; if they manage delay the Azshara raid to August/September the timeframe until the upcoming expansion might be <12 months which is the average time of content drought from final patch to new expansion
    - Battle for Azeroth is the Michael Bay of WoW expansions -

  6. #2966
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    15,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    First: thanks for your elaborate response, I'll make mine quite short because I answered those questions several times in the last months. Will just go over a few points:

    - 8.2.5 will contain the raid so it was obvious that we'll get an 8.2.5 patch.

    - What indicators are there besides the "What's next?" slide? I mean that doesn't even indicate 8.3. It could be 9.0 and the next expansion as well. BfA has been a mess story-wise and feature-wise from start to now (and it'll be until finish)

    - BfA is nowhere near the success of Legion, it's more of a "WoD" than a "Legion", something Blizzard clearly didn't want and didn't expect either with incredibly bland and boring new features or completely broken gameplay systems (this only happened in WoD before with the Garrison)

    - It would make sense to finish off with Azshara, reminscent of Gul'dan in HFC where she will be the catalyst for the events in 9.0 revolving around N'zoth etc.; they could easily end the abysmal faction war storyline in 8.2(.5)

    - the timing: 6.2 and HFC came out in June '15, Legion launched August '16. I don't expect the Azshara raid to be here in June or July with CoS being in the pipeline as well; if they manage delay the Azshara raid to August/September the timeframe until the upcoming expansion might be <12 months which is the average time of content drought from final patch to new expansion
    I see where you are coming from, but I do think we will get an 8.3 and 8.3.5 just like Legion.

  7. #2967
    Well, it saddens me that Kul'tirans probably wont get any other customization options such as tattoos or jewelry and shiet.. I was talking about it like a month ago and compare to Zandalari the amount of customization is still lacking.

    And here was i that i will make my Pirate big kultiran rogue with tattoos and stuff.

  8. #2968
    Brewmaster FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Well, it saddens me that Kul'tirans probably wont get any other customization options such as tattoos or jewelry and shiet.. I was talking about it like a month ago and compare to Zandalari the amount of customization is still lacking.

    And here was i that i will make my Pirate big kultiran rogue with tattoos and stuff.
    Maybe you still will be able to, do we have a set date for when KT/ZD are coming? Maybe there's more left to go

  9. #2969
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    First: thanks for your elaborate response, I'll make mine quite short because I answered those questions several times in the last months. Will just go over a few points:

    - 8.2.5 will contain the raid so it was obvious that we'll get an 8.2.5 patch.

    - What indicators are there besides the "What's next?" slide? I mean that doesn't even indicate 8.3. It could be 9.0 and the next expansion as well. BfA has been a mess story-wise and feature-wise from start to now (and it'll be until finish)

    - BfA is nowhere near the success of Legion, it's more of a "WoD" than a "Legion", something Blizzard clearly didn't want and didn't expect either with incredibly bland and boring new features or completely broken gameplay systems (this only happened in WoD before with the Garrison)

    - It would make sense to finish off with Azshara, reminscent of Gul'dan in HFC where she will be the catalyst for the events in 9.0 revolving around N'zoth etc.; they could easily end the abysmal faction war storyline in 8.2(.5)

    - the timing: 6.2 and HFC came out in June '15, Legion launched August '16. I don't expect the Azshara raid to be here in June or July with CoS being in the pipeline as well; if they manage delay the Azshara raid to August/September the timeframe until the upcoming expansion might be <12 months which is the average time of content drought from final patch to new expansion
    1) Why would you think that they'd tease an expansion announcement in the What's Next panel? It is literally exactly what they did for 7.3. The expansion announcement will be this year's Blizzcon, when we will be in 7.2 advancing towards 7.3
    2) Why would they be working to salvage systems like Azerite in 8.2 if it is the last content patch? You'd just tone it down (see: Garrison shipyard, a milder version of the Garrison tables), not double down on it and introduce additional systems on top of it.
    3) WoD is absolutely, 100% not the only time bland and boring new features were added and then abandoned. Were you not around for MoP where Scenarios were completely awful fall beyond the point of islands or warfronts and they tried to save it in patches and it was still awful, so they eventually abandoned the system in favor of just using them for storytelling solo/raid moments.
    4) "The Timing" is not a point of evidence when your argument is "The timing could possibly be some other timing in the future!" So far BfA mirrors Legion, patch content has just been shifted back. The X.1 dungeon has been shifted to X.2 and the X.2 area is an actual new area instead of the broken shore.
    5) N'zoth was shown in the introductory warbringers, he is a major part of 8.1.5 and 8.2, why would you think he's actually 9.0

    This reminds me of those dumb "GUYS LEGION IS THE LAST EXPANSION, THERE'S NO WAY THEY'D DO THE EMERALD NIGHTMARE AND NAGA AND THE LEGION UNLESS IT WAS THE LAST EXPANSION!!!!!" posts we got when Legion was in development.

  10. #2970
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    1) Why would you think that they'd tease an expansion announcement in the What's Next panel? It is literally exactly what they did for 7.3. The expansion announcement will be this year's Blizzcon, when we will be in 7.2 advancing towards 7.3
    2) Why would they be working to salvage systems like Azerite in 8.2 if it is the last content patch? You'd just tone it down (see: Garrison shipyard, a milder version of the Garrison tables), not double down on it and introduce additional systems on top of it.
    3) WoD is absolutely, 100% not the only time bland and boring new features were added and then abandoned. Were you not around for MoP where Scenarios were completely awful fall beyond the point of islands or warfronts and they tried to save it in patches and it was still awful, so they eventually abandoned the system in favor of just using them for storytelling solo/raid moments.
    4) "The Timing" is not a point of evidence when your argument is "The timing could possibly be some other timing in the future!" So far BfA mirrors Legion, patch content has just been shifted back. The X.1 dungeon has been shifted to X.2 and the X.2 area is an actual new area instead of the broken shore.
    5) N'zoth was shown in the introductory warbringers, he is a major part of 8.1.5 and 8.2, why would you think he's actually 9.0

    This reminds me of those dumb "GUYS LEGION IS THE LAST EXPANSION, THERE'S NO WAY THEY'D DO THE EMERALD NIGHTMARE AND NAGA AND THE LEGION UNLESS IT WAS THE LAST EXPANSION!!!!!" posts we got when Legion was in development.
    1. Pretty sure the expansion announcement this year will happen at Gamescom again, as I said above, because BfA is a lot more comparable to WoD than Legion. But we'll see in half a year.

    2. Because they know we'll have this expansion for at least 1 year or more. And they know how the game systems drove away players already in the first months and they must do something. They can't leave it in this state and hope to retain enough players for the upcoming expansion.

    3. Not the only time, right. But it's the expansion were all of it culminated (up until BfA). MoP had enough points to salvage the expansion, WoD and BfA hasn't (on the feature-side).

    4. How can it mirror Legion when patch content has just been shifted back. This can be said for WoD as well, BfA is mirroring WoD because 8.1 just offers a bit more overland stuff and opens the already introduced raid whereas 8.2 gets the new "systems" and the new zone. Don't get me wrong, 6.1 was hardly better than 8.1 (they're both equally bad but 8.1 has still more content so it takes the point here).

    5. Because they changed plans after they realized how lukewarm BfA's reception is. They couldn't really know at the time they released the video.

    My reasoning is just another view on BfA. Sure, BfA could get 8.3 and 8.3.5. Would be easily achievable with all the stuff left (the entire N'zoth plotline). Nevertheless it's as likely that 8.2 will be a huge patch that resolves a lot of plotlines that were planned for 8.3, she's the catalyst for the events in 9.0+ (like Gul'dan in WoD->Legion) and we move on a lot faster from this expansion than expected.
    - Battle for Azeroth is the Michael Bay of WoW expansions -

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •