Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Even though it was an 8.2 leak, saying that the next heritage armors would be for Worgen and Trolls could be referring to a future update such as 8.3.

That being said... I'm with you, this leak is busted. I don't know why people are still trying to validate it, but alright cupcakes.
    I feel like if anyone was going to get heritage armor alongside Worgen, it would be goblins in 8.2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I feel like if anyone was going to get heritage armor alongside Worgen, it would be goblins in 8.2.5
    They could, except if Blizzard feels telling the story of the Darkspear trolls is more relevant. I mean they paired the Blood Elves with the Dwarves and the Gnomes with the Taurens, so anything could happen really.

Are you really going to ignore all the shit the leak completely missed that it should have said way before "There are gryphon recolors as paragon mounts!", and ignore it getting a major thing wrong because someone might have miraculously guessed that the mythic affix for an entire tier about the ocean and things from underwater is "drowning"?
    i'm going to wait and see if those things it "missed" actually show up later than a preview, where major story elements would literally never be told.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm going to wait and see if those things it "missed" actually show up later than a preview, where major story elements would literally never be told.
    We aren't talking about story elements, we are talking about shit like Ashran epic BG and a new Arena. Those are primary features, in what world do you leak paragon chest recolor mounts but NOT a new arena or an entirely new system of mount equipment? Easy: the world where you don't actually know any insider information about the patch.

We aren't talking about story elements, we are talking about shit like Ashran epic BG and a new Arena. Those are primary features, in what world do you leak paragon chest recolor mounts but NOT a new arena or an entirely new system of mount equipment? Easy: the world where you don't actually know any insider information about the patch.
    we'll see.

but anyway, that wall of water's going to be so pretty in game. i hope we'll be able to go in and out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    we'll see.

but anyway, that wall of water's going to be so pretty in game. i hope we'll be able to go in and out of it.
    I seem to recall them making comments about potentially using it when people first asked about underwater vs not. I'm interested to see how they avoid flight just completely trivializing large parts of the areas (RIP any neat jump puzzles).

I seem to recall them making comments about potentially using it when people first asked about underwater vs not. I'm interested to see how they avoid flight just completely trivializing large parts of the areas (RIP any neat jump puzzles).
    that'll probably be how they counter flight, caves and underwater treasures.

i'd like to see at least some of the area designed around flying though.

If they want neat jump puzzles they can always do what they always should have done, make it a 'treasure hunt'-quest with stuff dropping from chests that you need for any faction around and for that you need equipment, which is, of course then bulky or very sensitive equipment or whatever they prefer so you can't fly with it or if you fly you can't use the equipment. Boom, no flying for actual treasure hunts and jump-puzzles. You can still put some treasures in places that you can pick up flying, but not for the collecting part and of course then not with intricately built jump puzzles that are obsolete once you can fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It doesn't matter whether it's an addition or a change to something that we already have. The important thing is that the fixes should actually fix.

If we are talking about what they could have done with minimal time, I'd be fine with them *simply* taking abilities / powers on Legion legendaries + artifact and repackaging those as glyphs: earn once, use forever. It would be cheap, but they have the excuse of being in the middle of the expansion, and, more importantly, it would work.
    I think the system is good and has a lot of promise in a whole where classes feel good at a basic level. It just looks bad because people wanted it to fix their spec. A system like that with MoP or even WoD class design would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Its also pretty big that we can change them on the fly. I honestly think from a systems level 8.2 neck is better than Legion artifacts.
    Well, at least in rested areas! Maybe somebody should suggest that [Tome of Tranquil Mind]'s let players actually change essences anywhere? Also, in many ways this system is very similar to Legion, minus the choosing of traits, but it really isn't bad at all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenblade View Post
    Well, at least in rested areas! Maybe somebody should suggest that [Tome of Tranquil Mind]'s let players actually change essences anywhere? Also, in many ways this system is very similar to Legion, minus the choosing of traits, but it really isn't bad at all!
    You can change them everywhere with tomes.

You can change them everywhere with tomes.
    Confirmed though? It'd suck to have this go under the radar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenblade View Post
    Confirmed though? It'd suck to have this go under the radar.
    It says change them with tomes like talents.

- - - Updated - - -

Essences work exactly like talents, meaning they can be freely swapped in a rested zone or with a tome. On the front page.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hooray more uses for scribes. Because we all know nobody is using contracts.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Hooray more uses for scribes. Because we all know nobody is using contracts.
    I used contracts for the first month. I wish reps had useful stuff to warrant grinding rep more than once. Its just not worth it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used contracts for the first month. I wish reps had useful stuff to warrant grinding rep more than once. Its just not worth it.
    With the neck changes yeah.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh God, just watched Preach video about 8.2 content, because I always liked his perspective, whether I agreed or not. He.. spend most time whining about mount equipement. Literally one neutral thing that benefit everyone not only in BfA, but even more in future expansions.

First he (or rather his community, at least he admitted he screw up) try to shift blame for his bans on Blizz, now this.. I think dude is goner. Well, we lose some and gain some every expac.

If they would increase bonus to 50, it could serve both as catch up for alts and money making method with Paragon rep.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Imagine peace summit, where Saurfang and Baine are negotiating details of peace with Anduin, when suddenly Tyrande appears out of nowhere to shoot Saurfang as she's still mad since she spared his life before Teldrassil, but he arrows hits another target...Zappyboi and he dies. This will definitely justify the conflict for the Horde peacelovers.
    Maybe in players eyes, but he is just random young troll for most Horde.

And btw, why would random young troll appear on important peace summit? Because Saurfang likes him?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Maybe in players eyes, but he is just random young troll for most Horde.

And btw, why would random young troll appear on important peace summit? Because Saurfang likes him?
    It's a peace summit with 2 factions that despise each other.

Nothing stops zap to be there as a guard.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Oh God, just watched Preach video about 8.2 content, because I always liked his perspective, whether I agreed or not. He.. spend most time whining about mount equipement. Literally one neutral thing that benefit everyone not only in BfA, but even more in future expansions.

First he (or rather his community, at least he admitted he screw up) try to shift blame for his bans on Blizz, now this.. I think dude is goner.
    I took a look at Preach's channel, because the above sounded rather uncharacteristic of him, and I think he spent most of the time in his last video on mounts because he aims to make multiple videos talking about 8.2 and that one was concentrating on mounts, nothing more. Look at the name of the video: "8.2 Features Overview - The Mounts Mystery". /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Also, @Nyel, we'll probably have to admit that 8.3 will likely happen. Because the transcript for the T&E's video on the front page includes this:

"By the end of 8.3 you will probably have 4 minor essences and possibly 2 major."

Although the real contention was always regarding whether 8.3 will be something fairly big (like 5.3 or 7.3) or fairly token (like whatever was that WotLK patch with the Ruby Sanctum), and all arguments in favor of 8.3 being perhaps closer to "token" stand.
    Last edited by rda; 2019-04-14 at 09:16 AM.