That Ankoan video was exciting. I wasn't rooting for them to become an AR specifically... but now I kind of am. They look awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    The expansion will likely be announced on Blizzcon. That's November, yes.

LOL, I really hope they don't pull another Diablo Immortal here. Imagine everyone sitting tight during the opening ceremony, waiting for the WoW piece and expecting the announcement of the new expansion. It gradually gets to the end of the ceremony, everyone is pumped up, screen changes to WoW. Ion or whoever gets onto the stage and goes "Now, now, we've all been waiting for this. We prepared best for last. World of Warcraft is a tremendous game. We had many expansions... (the audience: ooooooh!) The game is expanding more and more... (the audience: aaaaaaah! <someone starts tweeting 'it's happening'>) ...And now it became time for it to expand to new heights... (people start going wild) Ladies and gentlemen! (cheers) I am proud to present to you! (cries) A new word in the World of Warcraft (WOOOWOWOWOWOW) : WOW POKEMONS. On IOS and Android."

That would be something. :-)
    I wouldn't be that surprised if this is literally what is going to happen, they were working on a Warcraft-based Pokemon Go-ish thing a while back (last year somewhere?). No idea whether or not it is still ongoing, though.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymi View Post
    Wouldn't November be the perfect time to announce a new expansion? There usually is a lot of downtime between the announcement of an expansion and its alpha/beta, not to mention 8.3 (if there is one) would last longer the later the reveal. When do you think they would reveal a new expansion?
    No, it's impossible. Look on the pattern:

- 2005 - BC reveal
    - 2007 - WoTLK reveal
    - 2009 - Cata reveal
    - 2011 - MoP reveal
    - 2013 - WoD reveal
    - 2015 - Legion reveal
    - 2017 - BfA reveal.
    - 2019 - no reveal

Now you can clearly see 9.0 reveal won't happen in 2019. It's pure logic.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    The expansion will likely be announced on Blizzcon. That's November, yes.

LOL, I really hope they don't pull another Diablo Immortal here. Imagine everyone sitting tight during the opening ceremony, waiting for the WoW piece and expecting the announcement of the new expansion. It gradually gets to the end of the ceremony, everyone is pumped up, screen changes to WoW. Ion or whoever gets onto the stage and goes "Now, now, we've all been waiting for this. We prepared best for last. World of Warcraft is a tremendous game. We had many expansions... (the audience: ooooooh!) The game is expanding more and more... (the audience: aaaaaaah! <someone starts tweeting 'it's happening'>) ...And now it became time for it to expand to new heights... (people start going wild) Ladies and gentlemen! (cheers) I am proud to present to you! (cries) A new word in the World of Warcraft (WOOOWOWOWOWOW) : WOW POKEMONS. On IOS and Android."

That would be something. :-)
    I would expect reveal for mobile stuff on Gamescom. Don't think they'll repeat same mistake again.

And it was stupid mistake, all they need to do was to show ANYTHING about D4 after Immortal. Exactly like Bethesda did with Blades and TES VI - look for reveal videos on youtube, they have around 80% upvotes.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-04-30 at 12:44 PM.

PTR has been kinda sluggish these past two weeks, hopefully we can expect a decent sized build later today.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Probably just a maintenance patch...

Hopefully there will be a larger patch down the line...
    NICE VULPE-- ah snap

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I was bamboozled this morning and could not detect the sarcastic tone of your post

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    PTR has been kinda sluggish these past two weeks, hopefully we can expect a decent sized build later today.
    Next content build will at the very least have a loading screen for the Nazjatar Raid and 4 icons for "inscription trinkets". What a build, already. Whew.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I wouldn't be that surprised if this is literally what is going to happen, they were working on a Warcraft-based Pokemon Go-ish thing a while back (last year somewhere?). No idea whether or not it is still ongoing, though.
    I think they are going with it, yes. Last confirmation that I remember was somewhere around January (Kotaku? something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, we have no female models. Unless of course they don't have dimorphism.
    After hearing some of the voicelines datamined, they have both male and female voices. So either they're like the Sethrakk or we haven't seen the female models yet.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    After hearing some of the voicelines datamined, they have both male and female voices. So either they're like the Sethrakk or we haven't seen the female models yet.
    The Sethrakk females differ very, very slightly from the males, and I think maybe that could be the case for the Ankoan too. The Tortollans also never know who is female and male in the playable races, at least judging by their greetings, and they also have no dimorphism to speak of, so it would be funny to have a race that has the same recognition problems as the Tortollans playable
    I like the Ankoan and I would prefer them to the Mechagnomes, even without or with only very slight dimorphism.

I actually think my ideal solution would be the Mechagnome skins as a new customization for the gnomes and the Ankoan as an Allied race. ... If I can't have Sethrakk. I'd really like to have the Sethrakk above everything else ^^

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    [video=youtube;a78r8pZ7DxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a78r8pZ7DxE[video]
    really pretty music.

don't really care about the ankoans though. when i realized they're literally just deep sea jinyu, all my interest died.

jinyu just look dumb.

I am glad we are not getting vulpera, mechagnomes or ankoan as allied races.

Mechagnomes are just gnomier gnomes. We already got that with Lightforged Draenei.
    Yea, which is why I wouldn't like them as an allied race. But some people do and I also think the gnomier gnomes would be cool as customization for the normal gnomy gnomes. Just.. not as an AR. I don't know if Blizzard would do this though, because the maximum customization we got so far is new eyecolours. Well, we'll see and we can dream and speculate until they announce something definitive ^^

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Yea, which is why I wouldn't like them as an allied race. But some people do and I also think the gnomier gnomes would be cool as customization for the normal gnomy gnomes. Just.. not as an AR. I don't know if Blizzard would do this though, because the maximum customization we got so far is new eyecolours. Well, we'll see and we can dream and speculate until they announce something definitive ^^
    The maximum customization Alliance has got is eye colour, Horde also got straight backed orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    No, it's impossible. Look on the pattern:

- 2005 - BC reveal
    - 2007 - WoTLK reveal
    - 2009 - Cata reveal
    - 2011 - MoP reveal
    - 2013 - WoD reveal
    - 2015 - Legion reveal
    - 2017 - BfA reveal.
    - 2019 - no reveal

No, that clearly means the next expansion will be named N'zoth Overdrive.

- - - Updated - - -

Mechagnomes are just gnomier gnomes. We already got that with Lightforged Draenei.
    At least the Lightforged are more militaristic than the exiles. Mechagnomes are really just gnomes².
    Last edited by huth; 2019-04-30 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The maximum customization Alliance has got is eye colour, Horde also got straight backed orcs.
    Oh right, I forgot the straight backs! I mean, if maybe they give some more straight-ish backs to some other races too (Darkspear and Undead for example) then maybe gnomish mech-limbs aren't out of the question either. Aaaand Tatoos for everyone, things like that.

*sigh* What I wouldn't give for more customization overall, like different body-types, changeable eye color without changing the whole face and those things. But I don't think this is something they are going to give in a patch, if at all, so this would be more for the next expansion speculation thread. ^^

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    No Blizzard at Gamescom this year

Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    No Blizzard at Gamescom this year

"Still be able to find Blizzard gear"

Of course. Gotta make as much cash as possible these days with minimal effort.

And yeah gotta continue development on those mobile games nobody asked for I guess so you can show them at Blizzcon and then be surprised when nobody applauds it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-04-30 at 03:48 PM.

Sometimes I have the feeling this lad is just the entire day waiting for such news to spread his junk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably a good thing that's happening. It's really only recently they go to Gamescom.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi