Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I don't like lizard races myself, but many people wanted naga and i think blizzard would already knew that sethrak will be popular on social media at least when they were designing them.
    I give Sethrak like 50% for AR, they maybe they had other plans, some oldschool tbc race but swapped them to Sethrak or some shiet, like there was a leak about vulpera pushing back mok'nathal off because of vulpera social media reactions since the first datamining.. :P

The same with vulpera, little cute foxes in 2018 will always be on top of popularity in a mmo, i mean there's like a cult at this point on blizz forums female worgen and female pandas in slutmogs bashing every other races ideas than vulpera.

@Foolicious, im not being sexist. It's just how things are so far.
    I mean, tauren females have boobs, vulpera little foxes females have boobs, worgen females have boobs.
    When there's a playable race, female model need boobs.
    The thing with the snake people, there isn't a sexual morphology with that race and its not about boobs, the female needs something to look different from the males besides of size, just look at this for example
    https://media.mnn.com/assets/images/...crop-smart.jpg

Besides with the mention of Calia and Mekkatorke in his han solo situation is more than enough proof for the next allied races
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    How are lightforged undead any more bland and uninteresting than mecha-gnomes?

Both would probably re-use the exact same model with a different skin over top.

Hell mecha-gnomes would be the same tiny terrible model with a few cyborg parts or a whole mech little body. Which is completely hidden by armour anyway.
    Lightforged undead would likely use human models that look... lightforged and...undead?? You will already have two playable humans, you already have lightforged draenei, and the undead theme is already taken by the forsaken. Just seems like a recipe for disaster (or in this case a recipe for pure blandness).

Mechagnomes at least will only be based off a single existing race (not 3 like I mentioned above), and will likely have cool cyborg parts and I'm sure a dope heritage armor set. To me that is much more unique than "lightforged dead humans", which by the way would also be hidden by armor.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    And yet we have the moronic neckbeard crowd clamoring for more types of the exact same elf.

That's the point I'm making. I'm sick of lazy re-skins that are completely hidden by armour. Both LF Undead and Mecha-gnomes are this.
    I agree with you on that (although I still think mechagnomes have potential). I think Sethrak would be a fantastic AR option.. However, I was just merely pointing out that I think at this stage they're unlikely as nothing seems to point toward this happening.

Mekkatorque situation can aswell bring heritage armor questline or some gnome customization options, because blizzard started doing this type of stuff.

Calia was mentioned like only once, the same situation with Mekkatorque, that she can bring some customization options.
    Or just she's here for confrontation with Sylvanas.

I don't think that another lightforge race is that interesting, default human model but with golden eyes.
    You can already create rotten human, just go for DK, pick rotten alike skin color but you will have blue eyes instead of gold ones.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2018-10-31 at 01:54 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played the supposed proof quest about Junker gnomes.

There was no gnomes, there was lots of junk though, and some robot dogs. I saw 0 evidence a race was being seeded, but when I hear Jaina asking about what happened to Calia, and read up on what happened to her in Arathi, it screams Allied Race.

Oh, also, Muffinus teased bee mount at the what's next panel. I bet it's the reward for Pathfinder 2, like the Rylak in WoD.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    It's funny, cause you constantly post about wanting high elfs... which are 'rehashes of existing looking models'.

So what is it that you want? New races or rehashes (ie high elfs which are rehashed blood elfs) for ARs?
    Where did I say I wanted one over the other? Where was I contradictory?

I want both types where it makes sense, but obviously so far the Alliance side has had many rehashes of existing models (Dark Iron, Void Elves, Lightforged Draenei) only KT will be entirely new. Whereas Horde side yeah there's Mag'har and Highmountain, but both Nightborne and Zandalari are unique models and not rehashes.

It would be even more ridiculous for Alliance to get another rehash (junker gnomes) while Horde gets another new model (Vulpera).

Think within the context of the conversation before trying to go "ah ha! gotcha!". In this case it's the Blizzcon reveal this year we're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Oh, also, Muffinus teased bee mount at the what's next panel. I bet it's the reward for Pathfinder 2, like the Rylak in WoD.
    Hope so, it would be perfect to ride during Noblegarden

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post

I want both types where it makes sense, but obviously so far the Alliance side has had many rehashes of existing models (Dark Iron, Void Elves, Lightforged Draenei) only KT will be entirely new. Whereas Horde side yeah there's Mag'har and Highmountain, but both Nightborne and Zandalari are unique models and not rehashes.

It would be even more ridiculous for Alliance to get another rehash (junker gnomes) while Horde gets another new model (Vulpera).

Think within the context of the conversation before trying to go "ah ha! gotcha!". In this case it's the Blizzcon reveal this year we're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope so, it would be perfect to ride during Noblegarden
    We haven't seen the new model for the mechagnomes, probably is gonna be like the vulpera situation, started simple as goblins with fur but changed over time into what they are currently, almost unique race with the goblin rig, the only "new races" are the kul tirans and zalandar that started with vrykul and night elf model but changed into an unique skeleton in the beta phase, while the nightborne and void elves are just a swap of nelves and belves with another base skin color(the nightborne model of npc wasn't used).

Btw old friend what do you expect besides of the allied race thing? I hope they talk about the scaling thing because I get they don't want to left the mobs to be weaklings and feel like a chore to kill them, but also it takes away the feeling of getting more powerful while you progress with higher ilvl into raids and dungeons

Also can't wait for using the bee for noblegarden as well but the alliance players will complain the mount isn't alliance unique considering the kultirans actually uses this giant bees to move
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post

It would be even more ridiculous for Alliance to get another rehash (high elfs) while Horde gets another new model (Vulpera).

- - - Updated - - -
    Fixed that for ya.

Also, you have contradicted yourself. You've argued with me profusely on another thread about Alliance should get high elfs... yet in this thread you claim it'd be ridiculous for Alliance to get another rehash. HIGH ELFS ARE ANOTHER REHASH. So, I ask again, what is it that you want? Another rehash (ie high elfs) or a new race?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    We haven't seen the new model for the mechagnomes, probably is gonna be like the vulpera situation, started simple as goblins with fur but changed over time into what they are currently, almost unique race with the goblin rig, the only "new races" are the kul tirans and zalandar that started with vrykul and night elf model but changed into an unique skeleton in the beta phase, while the nightborne and void elves are just a swap of nelves and belves with another base skin color(the nightborne model of npc wasn't used).

Btw old friend what do you expect besides of the allied race thing? I hope they talk about the scaling thing because I get they don't want to left the mobs to be weaklings and feel like a chore to kill them, but also it takes away the feeling of getting more powerful while you progress with higher ilvl into raids and dungeons

Also can't wait for using the bee for noblegarden as well but the alliance players will complain the mount isn't alliance unique considering the kultirans actually uses this giant bees to move
    Ay you're right. It could be looking like a different type of gnome, I will just be disappointed if they look like regular gnomes with cyborg parts which is what most people are speculating they will look. Vulpera, Kul'Tirans, Zandalari, and Nightborne all at least look very different from the base model they started from.

Hmm, maybe they could cut the scaling in half? I'm not sure, I haven't particularly felt the scaling is bad, even as a healer! I hope they talk about more of the Warfronts incoming and I just genuinely want to see where more of the story will go - both the Azshara/Old God story and Faction War story. Honestly it will be very disappointing if nothing tangible happens from all this inner faction turmoil the Horde is going through currently.

LOL if they complain about the Bee just BUZZ BUZZ dem haters away

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Fixed that for ya.

Also, you have contradicted yourself. You've argued with me profusely on another thread about Alliance should get high elfs... yet in this thread you claim it'd be ridiculous for Alliance to get another rehash. HIGH ELFS ARE ANOTHER REHASH. So, I ask again, what is it that you want? Another rehash (ie high elfs) or a new race?
    You seem to have a chip on your shoulder or something. Please re-read the last two sentences I said in my post, as you still seem to be missing the context of which my comments were made.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    @Foolicious, im not being sexist. It's just how things are so far.
    I mean, tauren females have boobs, vulpera little foxes females have boobs, worgen females have boobs.
    When there's a playable race, female model need boobs.
    Oh, it's not sexist, it's speciecist

Females of races that we would call mammalian having boobs instead of udders or teats can be handwaived with convergent evolution, evolving to a humanoid stature implies a similar arrangement of body parts.

But reptiles don't even have teats. Giving female Sethrak an upper body bulge just because feels silly.
    Alas, that's all moot, as we've already seen a Sethrak model with female features: Sethraliss, complete with a slight bulge and a chestpiece that emphasizes it. Even the face has softer, 'feminine' features.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

New build (way too early)

Patch is probably huge (wouldn't be surprised if over 8GB) due to a format update in terrain files that removes filenames for WMO/M2 models and textures. There goes another source for filenames.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2018-10-31 at 06:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I take it this build still isn't RC?

I need that mount.

When I showed it to a friend, he asked "flight form?" and that reminded me that I do want more options for Druid forms - yes, I know Cat and Bear just got a boatload, but I'd like a system that allows you to copy compatible NPC appearance for the various forms, and anything avian, even mechanical, would be an option for Flight Form.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Jaina drops a mount on Mythic called Glacial Tidestorm. No model yet but I'm thinking it's going to be something similar to the Shaman class mount.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    There are no Old Gods in BFA.
    Why do people keep saying this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post

I need that mount.

When I showed it to a friend, he asked "flight form?" and that reminded me that I do want more options for Druid forms - yes, I know Cat and Bear just got a boatload, but I'd like a system that allows you to copy compatible NPC appearance for the various forms, and anything avian, even mechanical, would be an option for Flight Form.
    I'm a hunter and I'm rolling need on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why do people keep saying this?
    Because Blizz said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Because Blizz said it.
    When was this? Is there a quote somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Even though i understand the concept of not every race being able to be every class, it just doesnt make sense that the races who can be priest cant be paladins.
    That makes perfect sense as they use a very different source of power. Paladins draws their power from the light itself, through will and faith.
    Priests conjure light through arcane magic, not any different from a mage creating fire from arcane magic.

It is the reason why Undead can't be paladins. It was the reason why Blood Elfs had to drain M'uru of the light in order to be paladins.

The color on the parrot mount is similar to the other Junker Gnome stuff. :ThinkingEmoji:
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody