Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Wrong. N'zoth winning does not mean Azeroth dies.
    no, but it means we all do.

azeroth is stronger than sargeras was pre-fel when she was just a world soul. void-infused, she would basically be a god.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no, but it means we all do.

azeroth is stronger than sargeras was pre-fel when she was just a world soul. void-infused, she would basically be a god.
    I should tone back "winning" to "N'zoth succeeds in finishing his plots (outside of taking over the world soul), we kill Diamond Boi because turns out he was an N'zoth sleeper agent (even if he didn't know this), and the Black Empire rises. Now, we race to stop N'zoth before he can finish his conquest of the World Soul."

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. N'zoth winning does not mean Azeroth dies.
    Except it does, Azeroth dying still means we lose, eventually the planet will suffer the consequences of that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I should tone back "winning" to "N'zoth succeeds in finishing his plots (outside of taking over the world soul), we kill Diamond Boi because turns out he was an N'zoth sleeper agent (even if he didn't know this), and the Black Empire rises. Now, we race to stop N'zoth before he can finish his conquest of the World Soul."
    now that i can agree with.

would give an excuse to do a world revamp. it's so fucking desperately needed.

i still want us to get back out into space the most though. i want alien civilizations, tyrannical alien empires, that kind of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    saw people complaining about that last night.

i would hope brainlets aren't resubbing for something that's still a month away at the very least.
    they could be resubbing for Crucible raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    they could be resubbing for Crucible raid.
    eh, i guess.

i gotta wait for lfr for that.

The Black Empire ruled the world before, the world doesn't end because of that. N'zoth may have a higher chance of actually hurting the world soul now, because the Old Gods didn't have access to the dream back then and now they do and the worldsoul is already hurt badly, but as much as I want the Black Empire to happen, I don't want Azeroth to actually die. I want the Old God cities to rise up, I want the world shrouded in darkness (some purple, some red, some dark blue, maybe some black mist thrown in... that kind of stuff) and I want the denizens of Azeroth actually fighting back and getting their shit together, not constantly falling for the plots. If you fall for the Old God schemes all the time you deserve what's coming and we (or rather our characters and the rest of the world) did just that.
    So we get ourselves together, rally everyone still willing to fight and put up this fight, against the real foe this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I believe they were more hoping for BfA to get the WoD treatment, as in they were ready to bury BfA and move on to the next expansion. But yeah, it was rather obvious we were heading towards an 8.3!
    I don't care what anyone says. BFA is nowhere near as bad as WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    It really depends on personal preferences.

For example for me WoD was good. simply because I mainly play WoW for raiding and I got that there with great raids and being able to raidlog with no nonsense attached. That's why I'm also happy with BFA because raids are great and I don't need to do much nonsense to do these either.

Others' mileage varies. And then of course there are pure trolls who have this vengeful ex syndrome hounding these forums for years now.

eh.

up until i ran out of content, i had more fun in wod.

class design was so much better as well.

i wish they hadn't aborted it. also, i wish we still had the ability to go out and kill mobs to grind rep. i fucking hate so much that they only want us getting rep through wq, i can't properly state the loathing i feel.

If it's a real plot twist and not just "This is an expansion about faction war, there are no old gods at work here", it could be:
    Bwonsamdi
    Magni
    Wrathion
    Someone connected to the void; ethereal, void elf, etc
    Azeroth
    Tyrande
    Xal'atath
    Neptulon
    Helya
    Vol'jin
    Derek Proudmoore. Jaina's father. Nathanos.
    Zappy Boi

-
    Blizzard always wants to do massive stories leading up to things, so many of these make no sense as there's no story currently in-game of them leading them to be the final boss of AEP. I doubt the storyline in the Nazjatar zone will be enough to build that story.

Tyrande would be a really big plot twist, but seems extremely unlikely.
    We haven't seen Wrathion in ages, so there's no story there.
    We haven't seen Neptulon in ages either(I think? Maybe shamans did in Legion?), but atleast players would see the connection to Azshara and water without the need of a big storyline first.
    Vol'jin seems too good, it seems unlikely.
    Helya. Maybe? I don't know the lore that well to tell how likely/unlikely/weird this would be.
    Bwonsamdi? I play Alliance so I don't really know the story of Bwonsamdi that well either.
    Xal'atath wouldn't be that much of plot twist, and I would think she would lead us to some sort of void expansion later on.
    Someone connected to the void... if we're getting a living/undeath/death expansion involving Sylvanas, the Lich King, Calia, etc next, I don't know how likely this would be? And what would be the final story and raid of BfA if it is? Maybe a short adventure to the Dragon Isles so we get to see that place before we deal with either the Lich King, Shadowlands or the void in the next expansion?
    Fighting Azeroth would spark a lot of questions.
    x Proudmoore family member or Nathanos. Just seems weird and unlikely.
    Zappy Boi for luls.

So right now it seems to me that Bwonsamdi, Magni and Neptulon are the most likely candidates.
    Last edited by Explicit Teemo Nudes; 2019-04-12 at 11:36 PM.

I agree. BfA has its failures (and some of them are massive), but it's still much better than WoD was imo.

BFA is still miles ahead of both WoD and Cata. It's nearing 10 years and people still won't admit how bad Cata really was.

Oh, maybe we fight ourselves to get rid of the corruption/our connection to N'zoth? :P Players that cleansed themselves didn't actually do that :P

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    BFA is still miles ahead of both WoD and Cata. It's nearing 10 years and people still won't admit how bad Cata really was.
    Well, I enjoyed the revamp at the time, even though it should have been linked to the end content. But the end content however (which was almost non-existent)... was sh*t. Worst expansion after WoD.

Man I've rewatched those previews a dozen times already. Anyone else left feeling with a burning desire for some kind of playable naga? The architecture, the atmosphere, the incredible walls of water, the coral and bioluminescent life, that place is gorgeous. I'd love to play a naga and have it as a race hub.

Current wishful thinking is Ankoan for Alliance and some kind of Naga for the Horde (keeping in mind that we could/probably also get nothing, of course).
    I mean, the alliance works with one particular race, that have allied with them in the past (jinyu) and have been debated as an AR for a long time.
    Meanwhile the Horde gets a group of several races? And none of those seem AR material (gilblin could, but vulpera are the more developed goblin based AR).
    Naga have been asked as a playable race for practically the entire game's existence. If there was ever a time to do it, it'd be now. But alas, one remembers Ogres in wod and that argument falls apart I guess.

Soon we will know more. Since they mean they want us to get at a big testing from right the beginning, will we see the Ankoan on Day 1 of PTR. If they have female kins, then we could get hyped already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. BfA has its failures (and some of them are massive), but it's still much better than WoD was imo.
    Imo BFA is better in every way except class design. You can't complain about ap. At least it's something. WoD had raids and PvP. That's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    It was just light on content. I did have a lot of fun in catalog though. WoD had a lot more potential bit even Cata had more content than WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I enjoyed the revamp at the time, even though it should have been linked to the end content. But the end content however (which was almost non-existent)... was sh*t. Worst expansion after WoD.
    MoP arguably had less to do than Legion but the classes were masterclass. I really enjoyed all the daily hubs and the patch zones and raids were awesome. So for me it's a close race between legion and MoP.

MoP-Legion-Wrath-BFA-Cata-WoD. I don't really play much TBC or vanilla so I won't rank those.

Excited to see the new armor sets. Hopefully we get some really good ones, this expansion has been kind of lackluster for sets.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Excited to see the new armor sets. Hopefully we get some really good ones, this expansion has been kind of lackluster for sets.
    Warfronts and Bwonsamdi sets = 10/10