1. #5921
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    And no I did not make this video, just showing it off...
    My computer can't run much games on it now so yeah...
    You know what seems weird to me? It seems like these are eggs right? It looks very much like clutches of dragon eggs we've seen in content past.

    Then there's this guy in the PTR models.

    A void dragon with a naga face? Are Azshara and N'zoth creating another dragon flight?

  2. #5922
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    41,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    You know what seems weird to me? It seems like these are eggs right? It looks very much like clutches of dragon eggs we've seen in content past.

    Then there's this guy in the PTR models.

    A void dragon with a naga face? Are Azshara and N'zoth creating another dragon flight?
    Might be the Naga hatchery area.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  3. #5923
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    You know what seems weird to me? It seems like these are eggs right? It looks very much like clutches of dragon eggs we've seen in content past
    It's their naga hatchery.

    those aren't dragon eggs,

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

  4. #5924
    By the way, regarding BFA lore.

    The night elf arc so far seems to be:

    * Watch Teldrassil burn and lots of elves die, flee, Tyrande saves Malfurion
    * The Alliance "retaliate" by "capturing" the Undercity (night elves don't care about that at all, it's a distraction from their POV)
    * Tyrande undergoes the warrior ritual, we storm Darkshore, but we don't win, just keep fighting over it (so, night elves are weak, ritual included)
    * The Alliance go to Nazjatar, Tyrande / Malfurion aren't even there (apparently night elves don't care about this either)

    What's supposed to happen after Nazjatar? N'zoth, then end of war, peace with Baine, etc? Where's the resolution? We just got to watch the fire, got the Alliance to take every sideroad ignoring night elves at every turn, and got to feel weak because the warrior ritual wasn't powerful enough to matter?? And then we have peace?

    A little insulting, no?

    (And even if we don't use the word 'insulting' and accept everything: how the hell are night elves still with the Alliance? Like, what for?)
    Last edited by rda; 2019-04-25 at 01:39 PM.

  5. #5925
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What's supposed to happen after Nazjatar? N'zoth, then end of war, peace with Baine, etc? Where's the resolution? We just got to watch the fire, got the Alliance to take every sideroad ignoring night elves at every turn, and got to feel weak because the warrior ritual wasn't powerful enough to matter?? And then we have peace?

    A little insulting, no?
    Ha right, resolution for night elves.
    You might wanna add that desire to the pile of "never gonna happen".

    Best we are gonna get is a "night elves are still bitter but content with peace" line somewhere and then someone, probably anduin, telling tyrande and malf how their desire of revenge against the people that almost wiped their people of the face of the planet is bad and how they should feel bad.

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

  6. #5926
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    By the way, regarding BFA lore.

    The night elf arc so far seems to be:

    * Watch Teldrassil burn and lots of elves die, flee, Tyrande saves Malfurion
    * The Alliance "retaliate" by "capturing" the Undercity (night elves don't care about that at all, it's a distraction from their POV)
    * Tyrande undergoes the warrior ritual, we storm Darkshore, but we don't win, just keep fighting over it (so, night elves are weak, ritual included)
    * The Alliance go to Nazjatar, Tyrande / Malfurion aren't even there (apparently night elves don't care about this either)

    What's supposed to happen after Nazjatar? N'zoth, then end of war, peace with Baine, etc? Where's the resolution? We just got to watch the fire, got the Alliance to take every sideroad ignoring night elves at every turn, and got to feel weak because the warrior ritual wasn't powerful enough to matter?? And then we have peace?

    A little insulting, no?

    (And even if we don't use the word 'insulting' and accept everything: how the hell are night elves still with the Alliance? Like, what for?)
    If we do not fight Nzoth until next expansion, and next patch focuses in fighting for faction peace (so that Nzoth doesn't crush us) I could see a majority of the nelves opposing the peace, and maybe even falling into Nzoth's grasp.
    Other than that, while they may disagree with the alliance on some points, the only reason that they still exist as a race is the assistance that stormwind provided to their evacuation.

  7. #5927
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    If we do not fight Nzoth until next expansion, and next patch focuses in fighting for faction peace (so that Nzoth doesn't crush us) I could see a majority of the nelves opposing the peace, and maybe even falling into Nzoth's grasp.
    Other than that, while they may disagree with the alliance on some points, the only reason that they still exist as a race is the assistance that stormwind provided to their evacuation.
    Disagree with the Alliance on some points? What the hell did the Alliance do for the night elves?

    That help you are talking about - a place in Stormwind - is tiny. What, we are going to assume that night elves cannot live in forests? They are a forest race, no? How many night elves are in Stormwind, anyway? What proportion of the race - 2%? 5%? It's nothing.

    On the other hand, night elves are always there when the Alliance wants to fight their super-cool fights in the name of god knows what - there are elven regiments in all Alliance armies, they participate in all battles of the Alliance. Unfortunately, none of those battles are about night elves. At best they are about the abstract weakening of the Horde. And that weakening is useful, sure. But at which point will the Alliance finally decide that the Horde got weakened enough to finally take something from them and give it to the night elves?? Seems to be never. Nobody is even considering that.

    The entire word - "Alliance" - is an insult to the night elves. That "alliance" certainly doesn't serve them. It just takes-takes-takes and never gives. So far in BFA.
    Last edited by rda; 2019-04-25 at 02:13 PM.

  8. #5928
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    41,314
    So....Blizzcon....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  9. #5929
    blizzcon is going to be bad.

  10. #5930
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Disagree with the Alliance on some points? What the hell did the Alliance do for the night elves?

    That help you are talking about - a place in Stormwind - is tiny. What, we are going to assume that night elves cannot live in forests? They are a forest race, no? How many night elves are in Stormwind, anyway? What proportion of the race - 2%? 5%? It's nothing.

    On the other hand, night elves are always there when the Alliance wants to fight their super-cool fights in the name of god knows what - there are elven regiments in all Alliance armies, they participate in all battles of the Alliance. Unfortunately, none of those battles are about night elves. At best they are about the abstract weakening of the Horde. And that weakening is useful, sure. But at which point will the Alliance finally decide that the Horde got weakened enough to finally take something from them and give it to the night elves?? Seems to be never. Nobody is even considering that.

    The entire word - "Alliance" - is an insult to the night elves. That "alliance" certainly doesn't serve them. It just takes-takes-takes and never gives. So far in BFA.
    Stormwind held portals open for a significant amount of civilians to escape the burning tree. Whether that's "enough" for the long term pleasure of the night elves is another thing. It wouldn't be much of an "alliance", as you say, if the alliance gave up victory in this war for the sake of one of its members' vengeance. Once the war is won, the night elves would logically be able to regain their homes.

    Of course, I am not saying that the night elves are in the wrong for wanting to prioritize darkshore, from an emotional standpoint they are 100% justified. That doesn't however make it a strategical move for the alliance, not even for the night elves, from my limited understanding of warfare.

  11. #5931
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    41,314
    The cannot move troops easily was more of to get the Night warrior concept to move along. It wasn't really needed but yes the Alliance has helped the Nelves like all the time. Also Blizzard rarely cares about logistics in this series, odd for them to care suddenly.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-04-25 at 03:04 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  12. #5932
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The cannot move troops easily was more of to get the Night warrior concept to move along. It wasn't really needed but yes the Alliance has helped the Nelves like all the time. Also Blizzard rarely cares about logistics in this series, odd for them to care suddenly.
    I disagree, the justification for Sylvanas triggering this war is the current (as of 8.0) incapacity for both factions to travel across continents because the legion apparently destroyed most ships, hence trying to get new ones through Kul Tiras/Zandalar

    Contrived of a reason as it may be, I far prefer that over "Sorry, can't travel over seas, enjoy your power up!"

  13. #5933
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    41,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    They could have had the Night Warrior power up be so major that the Night Elves pushed the Horde out of Darkshore and have the warfront be in Ashenvale tbh. Or they could have used a character other than Nathanos and then had Sylvanas easily kill that character to show she means business.
    I think the response to BFA(Or rather stuff happening in Beta) kinda upended their plans for warfronts and BFA might of been different if Azerite warfronts and such worked out better. Having said that, I'm ok with the Nelves retaking Darkshore lorewise. They've earned that victory.


    If Nathanos has to die..... so be it. (You can tell how much I care about Nathanos here )



    I disagree, the justification for Sylvanas triggering this war is the current (as of 8.0) incapacity for both factions to travel across continents because the legion apparently destroyed most ships, hence trying to get new ones through Kul Tiras/Zandalar

    Contrived of a reason as it may be, I far prefer that over "Sorry, can't travel over seas, enjoy your power up!"
    Sylvanas's reason for triggering this war is not for the ships, she has her own agenda and she's taking the Horde on the ride.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-04-25 at 03:27 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  14. #5934
    Immortal rcshaggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Bottomless Grave
    Posts
    7,162
    Would prefer if Nathanos Blightcaller was not killed off, but knowing Blizzard they would make him a boss like that one Orc...Nazgrim...
    Now that Orc is back, but yeah...
    For the Horde!

  15. #5935
    hey, when did they add rare pets keeping their names when you tame them? tamed PA-N73RA and a random rare in the barrens on ptr and they both keep their names.

    also, you get the loot of the animal that you tamed.

    new to 8.2? or did i just miss the memo? haven't played my hunter since legion.

  16. #5936
    I am Murloc! Fahrad Wagner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    5,094
    I certainly hope Nathanos will die. Such an obnoxious joke of a character.

  17. #5937
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I certainly hope Nathanos will die. Such an obnoxious joke of a character.
    He really wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't literally EVERYWHERE.

    Naz campaign? NATHANOS!
    Arathi? NATHANOS!
    Darkshore? NATHANOS!
    War campaign? NATHANOS!
    lvling? NATHANOS!
    Alliance quests? NATHANOS!

    It's just annoying.

    Not every character has to bow down before us and be incredibly likable.
    That's what makes Nathanos unique.

    But just for the love of god, set us up with another commander/captain for once.
    Last edited by Arafal; 2019-04-25 at 03:38 PM.

    Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

  18. #5938
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    He really wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't literally EVERYWHERE.

    Naz campaign? NATHANOS!
    Arathi? NATHANOS!
    Darkshore? NATHANOS!
    War campaign? NATHANOS!
    lvling? NATHANOS!
    Alliance quests? NATHANOS!

    It's just annoying.
    That's what you get with self insert characters
    Yohohoho

  19. #5939
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    41,314
    Nathanos is just on the top of the "Never question Sylvanas" totem pole. If he actually started to question her(Right when the tree was burned) he could be tolerable but he's just a jerk to everyone. "Yeah you might of endured the Cataclysm but you're still trash to me Orc."

    <.<
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  20. #5940
    And even every interaction feels like he is just a further extention of Sylvanas voice. Besides that he is just streight up an jerk.

    Always a pleasure beating him in Stormheim.

    Edit: I wonder if Steve Danuser ever would notice how bad Nathanos Rep is.
    Last edited by Alga; 2019-04-25 at 03:45 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •