1. #6261
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Yeee, all those months of special animations, armor and lore setup is now debunked by an alleged icon change.
    Same as for Sethrak, Troggs, Ogres, VampireElf



    and still

  2. #6262
    Scarab Lord Fahrad Wagner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    4,171
    People who think this Brewfest icon thing is a red herring are in denial. Vulpera are coming next as an AR, and this is just another Cataclysm Hallow's End Masks scenario.

  3. #6263
    Over 9000! Grimbold21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    9,403
    What is this profession overhaul that I've heard about online?

  4. #6264
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What is this profession overhaul that I've heard about online?
    New recipes added in 8.2. (Hardly an overhaul, but something new.)

  5. #6265
    The Undying Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    38,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogly View Post
    No, it means absolutely nothing. even if WoW had only 2 whole servers of playerbase playing cross server and sharding would make sure those players are phased in the same event making it seemingly populated even though relatively close to no one would be playing the game. So when you see people out in the world it doesn't stand as an indicator of how many people are playing the game in any way.

    I haven't had this many friends quit since forever, only one of them is currently playing myself excluded. And I've heard the same from many different people playing different content. If I had to bet my money I'd say wow has the least amount of players than ever.
    It's still ancedotal evidence and it cannot be counted on. Wow isn't going anywhere anytime soon, if it can sell 3 million of BFA it won't go anywhere.
    #TeamLegion

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  6. #6266
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Same as for Sethrak, Troggs, Ogres, VampireElf
    Did they change San'layn much, or did they just redo the alterations from base Blood Elf, this time based on the new player models? Troggs are enemies, the same counts for the majority of Ogres and Sethrak. You wouldn't assume updated models for Demons in Legion and Faceless Ones in BfA meant they'll become playable.

    But Vulpera are allies of the Zandalari/Horde, at least against the Sethrak threat, and trade partners beyond that.
    And unlike the other races mentioned, although you can dismiss that as a secondary effect of the above sentence - they have two genders. From the top of my head, I can think of no non-playable race that had two genders - except Goblins, and those became playable.

  7. #6267
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    New recipes added in 8.2. (Hardly an overhaul, but something new.)
    Not just recipes. They actually increased the profession skill caps.

  8. #6268
    Brewmaster Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Same as for Sethrak, Troggs, Ogres, VampireElf



    and still
    Sorry, no. Not a single mentioned potential AR has so many work put to them as Vulpera. The facts are clear: there is more signs for, than against Vulpera AR.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  9. #6269
    Only argument I always have seen was, that Vulpera are too fresh and unique for being an AR, but than if you say that KT are technically also completly fresh and new, just because they base on Humans, this doen't turn the facts wrong. so I don't know why this is such a popular arguement.

  10. #6270
    The thing with adding new npc races (like vulpera, or Sethrak) only because they look cute/cool and new is risky. If they kept adding races like that, faction identity would take a hit, and they'd have to give those new races some representation with characters and story from that point onwards, which they already struggle to do with some classic races. Subraces like the ones we have now don't have that problem as they can just be paired with their respective "original" race, and they don't look out of place in the faction (with the exception of Nightborne imo, but BEs still look weird in the horde for me).

    In a year or two no one will remember vulpera if they aren't added as an AR.

  11. #6271
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    The thing with adding new npc races (like vulpera, or Sethrak) only because they look cute/cool and new is risky. If they kept adding races like that, faction identity would take a hit, and they'd have to give those new races some representation with characters and story from that point onwards, which they already struggle to do with some classic races. Subraces like the ones we have now don't have that problem as they can just be paired with their respective "original" race, and they don't look out of place in the faction (with the exception of Nightborne imo, but BEs still look weird in the horde for me).

    In a year or two no one will remember vulpera if they aren't added as an AR.
    I was going to agree with you, but then i remembered Kul Tirans, i feel farily confident we will barely see that model again. I mean, they coudlnt even make Daelin Proudmoore that model, despite his WC3 model being kinda chunky.

  12. #6272
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Only argument I always have seen was, that Vulpera are too fresh and unique for being an AR, but than if you say that KT are technically also completly fresh and new, just because they base on Humans, this doen't turn the facts wrong. so I don't know why this is such a popular arguement.
    because the lead dev himself came out and said it was an expectation and they didnt plan to do it initially
    something that causes an expansion launch content pushed over half a year back
    I know, subtle facts

  13. #6273
    And? I don't give three shits over the waiting, we can play them now and the waiting was worth the while I like my KT Druid. Also who knows if Vulpera are an expectation?

  14. #6274
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    And?
    No and, your post was an half truth, i corrected it. Dont care what you want/waiting for nor was it the subject matter

  15. #6275
    They didn't plan to add Kul Tirans initially, but I don't remember them saying, that a new Rig or the special looks were an exception.

  16. #6276
    Warchief FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,035
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    and they'd have to give those new races some representation with characters and story from that point onwards, which they already struggle to do with some classic races.
    I think people put too much emphasis on this while Blizzard clearly doesn't. For instance the Highmountain are barely being utilized within the Horde other than the opening moments of BFA.

    As said, Blizzard already struggles with repping characters and stories of classic races. I'm not sure where people get this idea that they're going to also try and continuing to rep the other races.

    They're going to make it look like they do within BFA because it's the "faction vs faction expansion" but like I said Highmountain for instance have a mere cameo and that's pretty much it. While some of the other AR have had a bit more rep such as Nightborne and Void Elf, I don't expect this to be a thing that continues in the expansions going forward.

  17. #6277
    Just another silly thought and conspiracy theory. Slowly I grow the feeling that there could be more behind the decision of including KT.

    It's low on proofs, but once Dataminers found Siege of Dazar'alor plus a Map called something like Mechagnome Isle, really small, maybe we have to compare the basic outline with Mechagon, but I think that the Devs maybe had somewhere near release a big problem or time struggle in which they couldn't finish Mechagon for 8.1 and Mechagnomes and Vulpera for 8.1.5. Draenor Orcs were easy to including from WoD so they could also have come at a later point.

    Wouldn't sell it as something to take serious, but I have the feeling something like this happened in Development.

  18. #6278
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I think people put too much emphasis on this while Blizzard clearly doesn't. For instance the Highmountain are barely being utilized within the Horde other than the opening moments of BFA.

    As said, Blizzard already struggles with repping characters and stories of classic races. I'm not sure where people get this idea that they're going to also try and continuing to rep the other races.

    They're going to make it look like they do within BFA because it's the "faction vs faction expansion" but like I said Highmountain for instance have a mere cameo and that's pretty much it. While some of the other AR have had a bit more rep such as Nightborne and Void Elf, I don't expect this to be a thing that continues in the expansions going forward.
    I mean Blizzard barely cares for representation of the original races.

  19. #6279
    Warchief FlubberPuddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean Blizzard barely cares for representation of the original races.
    Which is the point and why I find it weird when people talk about Allied Races after their release and go "they'll get more lore/representation just wait!"

    People must have forgotten that Blizzard said we learn the stories of Allied Races leading up to and culminating with their recruitment. Anything extra has just been small tidbits.

    Exceptions are made though for certain races, like Void Elves because they barely got much lore in the first place.

    But we're not going to see anything amazing or added depth coming of Kul'Tirans, Nightborne, Zandalari, Highmountain, Lightforged Draenei, Dark Iron, Mag'har past this expansion. All their stories have pretty much been explored already.

  20. #6280
    As for the Mag'har I would just guess there maybe will be an conclusion of the fleeing Saberon and Botani plus the Yrel stuff, but yeah besides that I think they are done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •