Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    My primary spec already did that. It also didn't get any significant prune(i actually got stuff back in 8.0), and i can barely make room for the major essence.
    It's not a global problem like some are claiming. In fact, i'd say the issue isn't that they're broken, but they're not what you like.

Look at what kind of people you usually get in queued content. Then imagine doing M+ with them. That's what you're asking for.
    You're not asking for revival, you're attempting to murder it.
    I mean if you're going to make that claim. You're going to need to cite what spec you are playing.

Some of us are well aware that SOME improved in BfA - that is because they were re-designed from the ground up to no longer be reliant on their Artifact/Legendaries.

However - you're just being disingenuous if you try to claim these specs are better than their MoP/WoD counterpart. Too much has been taken away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No objections to your list, I would gladly take everything on it. My lists are shorter though.

For 9.0:

1. Fix classes. Make them as interesting as Legion + legendaries as of 8.3, or as WoD. DO IT DAMMIT, losing patience here. Don't you dare prune again. (You mention that as well.)

2. Solo queues. Solo queue for mythic+ (you can queue for M+5 if you completed M+4, long talk on variations / queue smarts here). Solo queue for BGs (no separate bracket for rated BGs, all BGs are rated, you are matched based on that rating, and queuing solo is enforced unlike now).

These two things can revive the game, in my opinion. Wrt solo queues, MMO-but-mostly-solo is the new everything.

For 8.2, after the news on bodyguards, too, being a little underwhelming (although I'll still ask - are they using new AI? the "new" new one, as in, improved from islands? nobody mentioned anything so it looks like there's nothing special on that front, but who knows), I really don't know what to suggest.

I guess adding a solo mode for islands (with bodyguards helping) would be both relatively easy and add something useful. But really, they need to redo islands a bit to make them work, just enabling solo is ...well, better than nothing, but not much.

I'll say this: if things go as they go now with 8.2 being a little bland here and a little underwhelming there, in the next video the enthusiasm of Jeremy Feasel will feel empty.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree completely.
    As I have said before.

If the 9.0 expansion announcement doesn't have at least some of these phrases plastered all over it then its kinda dead on arrival. If they try ANOTHER gimmicky rental system people are just gonna lose it.

"NEW ABILITIES, NEW TALENT ROW. COMPLETELY RE-DESIGNED CLASS SYSTEMS. RETURN OF RPG ELEMENTS"

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    My primary spec already did that. It also didn't get any significant prune(i actually got stuff back in 8.0), and i can barely make room for the major essence.
    It's not a global problem like some are claiming. In fact, i'd say the issue isn't that they're broken, but they're not what you like.

Look at what kind of people you usually get in queued content. Then imagine doing M+ with them. That's what you're asking for.
    You're not asking for revival, you're attempting to murder it.
    Cool, it's my problem, you have no such problem. It's also my money. So you will continue to play and I and others who also have classes and specs as their problem will stop. Good? Good.

Solo queues have a wonderful property of rewarding trying hard through the rating + fairness of queueing + multiple tries. If you try hard, you get results and on average you get queued with others who try similarly hard and get similar results. This scare of "you will get teamed with trash" is nonsense, I will get teamed with people who try about as hard as myself. That's what ratings do. Provided the rating system is sane, of course, and there are enough people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    However, you got me thinking, if WoW subs drop further, and with Classic already under the same umbrella, they could convert the WoW sub into a "Blizzard Prime" sub, which also included stuff for the other IPs - monthly loot boxes/card packs for OW/HS/HotS, access to premium features - stuff like skins would be wonky, do you keep them if you drop the sub, are they only unlockable by being subbed in the right month? Additional/enhanced game modes would fit better.
    @TheramoreIsTheBomb actually made a poll with the same idea like this this past week

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-for-all-games

It ended up 85/15 which is about as big of a one-way split as you'll see on mmo-champion (polls will go 90/10 at the most usually)

I honestly thought the idea had merit but the problem is they'd use it as an excuse to raise the sub price. There's no reason to have any faith on that part. They increased the VT to 50 dollars for no reason. Xpac prices have gone up even though they could probably get away with just doing a sub in 2019. But yeah, I expected more people to vote Yes on that just because they'd think, hey free stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Solo queues have a wonderful property of rewarding trying hard through the rating + fairness of queueing + multiple tries. If you try hard, you get results and on average you get queued with others who try similarly hard and get similar results. This scare of "you will get teamed with trash" is nonsense, I will get teamed with people who try about as hard as myself. That's what ratings do. Provided the rating system is sane, of course, and there are enough people.
    Solo-queue for rated PVP could work. I have read about how it can be frustrating in HOTS's version, because people will still likely do their own thing and games take longer so you're stuck with them. For Arena though? I wouldn't mind just some quick 5 min games, and Blizzard has a good built-in voice chat with BFA now that people might actually start using for that. Even if they keep the same arena bracket, it'd at least be a way for people to get to a good starter rating, and from there you can grind out conquest and progress for the seasonal mount. It doesn't affect the high end, so I don't see the problem. If anything, it'll encourage people to make an organized group once they get to that point and jump a couple hundred points easily against people that are solo-queueing in not in voice. Might have to adjust the gladiator %s and stuff if it gets too inflated I guess. Maybe they don't want to put in because solo-queue has a soft ceiling and feel it's a waste of time, idk, but it'd give more casual players something else to do and work towards.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-05-03 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Solo-queue for rated PVP could work. I have read about how it can be frustrating in HOTS's version, because people will still likely do their own thing and games take longer so you're stuck with them. For Arena though? I wouldn't mind just some quick 5 min games, and Blizzard has a good built-in voice chat with BFA now that people might actually start using for that. Even if they keep the same arena bracket, it'd at least be a way for people to get to a good starter rating, and from there you can grind out conquest and progress for the seasonal mount. It doesn't affect the high end, so I don't see the problem. If anything, it'll encourage people to make an organized group once they get to that point and jump a couple hundred points easily against people that are solo-queueing in not in voice. Might have to adjust the gladiator %s and stuff if it gets too inflated I guess. Maybe they don't want to put in because solo-queue has a soft ceiling and feel it's a waste of time, idk, but it'd give more casual players something else to do and work towards.
    I am asking just for BGs. Arenas are more difficult because you need picks and bans, so while yes, they would absolutely work as well, they need more done for them, while BGs need more or less nothing. What you are talking about for HOTS happens in all games, it is solved by having healthy numbers of people and policing smurfs / in-game trolling. It all has been figured out already in the last ten years, Blizzard just have to follow the boilerplate already established by the sweat and blood of everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Mythic+ still exists, but chest now contains currency instead of gear. It would award JP and Valor. JP is a currency that you use to buy a token that increases any mythic dungeon or above gear to 5-10 below Mythic Raid item level. A person who runs a 10 key every week would have above heroic raid item level gear in about 3.5-4.5 months

If you do a 2-3 you get 50 currency.
    If you do a 4-5 you get 75
    If you do a 5-7 you get 100
    If you do a 8-9 you get 125
    If you do a 10 you get 150.

200 currency to upgrade a piece of dungeon gear to 5 below Mythic raid item level.
    This is extremely important. The biggest issue with WoW right now after class design is the reward system and M+ is the biggest culprit. You simply cannot have repeatable content that offers quality gear. Emissaries are a lesser issue as well but M+ completely replaced Heroic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I love how people instantly assume you want to go back to a 14 yr old game. No thanks.
    I would love to happily go back to MoP.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...g_in_nazjatar/

More hinting towards a Dragon Isles xpac in 9.0
    Or Wrathion is a total stalker >.> <.<
    #TeamLegion

Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

snip
    there also is one in the neltharions lair essence quest.

They seem to want to count the questing sets(which we get every expansion). Then they want to count the Warfront sets which are mostly garbage. They fail to realise we don't get PvP sets this expansion either.
    If you want a accrete Numbers ya you count questing sets because bfa has given us more then we had in the past with the horde/allaince split. Then if you take into account the low end PvP sets bfa still doubles the number for launch and 8.1 before going back to normal for 8.2.

There is no objective measure where bfa is behind in terms of armour art.

Fitting post number, because burned.

Or Sylvanas x Wrahtion fun fun fun in 8.3. Still more believable than putting an entire Planet into a single patch.

The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar

Saw that one, was initially busy soaking (lul) the views and then realized what the text was saying.
    A return of Dragons can't come soon enough, especially if it brings HD updates of old models like the Vanilla ones.
    - July 19, 2019: The World First Race on a single channel, before counting across the board, has more viewers than Asmongold.
    - Suck it, all of you "WoW only draws a crowd when Asmongold streams!!"-screechers! ^_^

I mean if you're going to make that claim. You're going to need to cite what spec you are playing.

Some of us are well aware that SOME improved in BfA - that is because they were re-designed from the ground up to no longer be reliant on their Artifact/Legendaries.

However - you're just being disingenuous if you try to claim these specs are better than their MoP/WoD counterpart. Too much has been taken away.

- - - Updated - - -

As I have said before.

If the 9.0 expansion announcement doesn't have at least some of these phrases plastered all over it then its kinda dead on arrival. If they try ANOTHER gimmicky rental system people are just gonna lose it.

"NEW ABILITIES, NEW TALENT ROW. COMPLETELY RE-DESIGNED CLASS SYSTEMS. RETURN OF RPG ELEMENTS"
    The fact we haven't had a new talent row since WoD is a joke to be honest. 5 years ago I might add.

The whole new system is a joke in terms of talents. It's not fun gaining 1 talent every 15 levels as it is gaining a point to spend. Just waters down the RPG aspect.

But on topic. Nothing I've seen so far of 8.2 is going to bring me back and Nazjatar which was their biggest selling point is nothing more than a dark, gloomy disappointment for a zone that is in an "advanced" state. As for 8.3 I doubt that will have anything to bring me back to WoW either.

The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If you want a accrete Numbers ya you count questing sets because bfa has given us more then we had in the past with the horde/allaince split. Then if you take into account the low end PvP sets bfa still doubles the number for launch and 8.1 before going back to normal for 8.2.

There is no objective measure where bfa is behind in terms of armour art.
    It is if the haters say so!

But yes, love it or hate it, BfA has a metric fuckton of armor art. I've found my favourite set already in the tier 3 Darkshore mail set. Love the details and chain mail skirt! Already know that I'll be coming back in 9.0 to get the Mythic plate from Dazar'alor.

The tier 3 Horde/Alliance plate (especially Alliance) from Arathi are also absolutely gorgeous, but I'm low-key hoping those will eventually be added to the vendors as Warfronts grow less relevant and get less queues.
    - July 19, 2019: The World First Race on a single channel, before counting across the board, has more viewers than Asmongold.
    - Suck it, all of you "WoW only draws a crowd when Asmongold streams!!"-screechers! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It is if the haters say so!

But yes, love it or hate it, BfA has a metric fuckton of armor art. I've found my favourite set already in the tier 3 Darkshore mail set. Love the details and chain mail skirt! Already know that I'll be coming back in 9.0 to get the Mythic plate from Dazar'alor.

The tier 3 Horde/Alliance plate (especially Alliance) from Arathi are also absolutely gorgeous, but I'm low-key hoping those will eventually be added to the vendors as Warfronts grow less relevant and get less queues.

As far as plate goes I’m Proabbly gonna get every set at some point they all look really good. Though I’d proabbly skip the horde arathi one if I was horde as I’m not a fan of the orc spike look. Mail only has a few sets I dislike but I’ll still Proabbly get almost all of them at one point or another.

Compared to legion bfa has been a big set up for sets I like with legion only having about 6 across every armour type.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The fact we haven't had a new talent row since WoD is a joke to be honest. 5 years ago I might add.

The whole new system is a joke in terms of talents. It's not fun gaining 1 talent every 15 levels as it is gaining a point to spend. Just waters down the RPG aspect.

But on topic. Nothing I've seen so far of 8.2 is going to bring me back and Nazjatar which was their biggest selling point is nothing more than a dark, gloomy disappointment for a zone that is in an "advanced" state. As for 8.3 I doubt that will have anything to bring me back to WoW either.
    Ok, so if you have no interest in WoW anymore why are you even here? Just fuck off already.
    Yohohoho

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    Ok, so if you have no interest in WoW anymore why are you even here? Just fuck off already.
    Because we want the best for the game you pog.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Very helpful. You lads must be gold when cheering at sport events.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Exactly lol.

Criticism helps a product grow. People are critical right now because they want WoW to be what it should be. Which is a top notch product.