1. #6721
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Ofc not, its not a good excuse nor a good way to make xpacs for the game.

    Almost every xpac has felt boring towards the end, thats almost a given. Problem with WoD and now BfA, it got boring quite quickly. Legion probably got so good because of how bad WoD went down. Blizzard had to deliver something good after WoD.

    Whats sad is that they are in the same position as back then during WoD. BfA did not deliver and now they gotta doubledown on the next xpac, probably cuttting BfA short. They had a great oppurtunity after Legion to build upon that xpac success, but they failed again.

    And lest be honest, if Blizzard do deliver on the next xpac, we are all going to play it no matter how bad previous xpacs was :P
    Eh. Maybe at the end for me when all the content is there and not timegated.

    Unless ESO and FF14 have my full attention then. Which is most likely considering they already do now.

  2. #6722
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    14,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

    1. BfA is WoD 2.0 in every regard. It's scathed by the playerbase and it's far from being a success in the long run.
    .
    bfa and wod literally have nothing in comman other then people saying they don't like it, both of there failings are unique.

  3. #6723
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Eh. Maybe at the end for me when all the content is there and not timegated.

    Unless ESO and FF14 have my full attention then. Which is most likely considering they already do now.
    Sure, thats a legit way to play wow.

    Fact is, if Blizzard actually delivers again people will flock around it once again. Will they? Probably not, it looks like what once made Blizzard THE company is no longer there.

    People tend to be very short sighted in this. Ever since classic and BC release people have been moaning and moaning about every xpac that wow has released. No matter, people will check out the new xpac, no matter how shite the previous one was. I mean, WoD literally had a patch with SELFIE camera. Imagine if BfA brought that out next week. People would(as back then) go mental on this forum yelling "wow is dead, there wont be a new xpac" blabla.

    What seems lost on Blizzard is how to keep players playing. Right now its probably better not to play until later part of a xpac.

    The X factor though in 2019, is Classic. Classic might actually buy Blizzard time. Time to try to get wow retail back where it should be. It will be interesting to see whats next after BfA. I am always hyped for new xpacs, no matter my dislike for current game.

    Oh and btw - I barely play wow these days, I mean why? Waiting for 8.2

  4. #6724
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Sure, thats a legit way to play wow.

    Fact is, if Blizzard actually delivers again people will flock around it once again. Will they? Probably not, it looks like what once made Blizzard THE company is no longer there.

    People tend to be very short sighted in this. Ever since classic and BC release people have been moaning and moaning about every xpac that wow has released. No matter, people will check out the new xpac, no matter how shite the previous one was. I mean, WoD literally had a patch with SELFIE camera. Imagine if BfA brought that out next week. People would(as back then) go mental on this forum yelling "wow is dead, there wont be a new xpac" blabla.

    What seems lost on Blizzard is how to keep players playing. Right now its probably better not to play until later part of a xpac.

    The X factor though in 2019, is Classic. Classic might actually buy Blizzard time. Time to try to get wow retail back where it should be. It will be interesting to see whats next after BfA. I am always hyped for new xpacs, no matter my dislike for current game.

    Oh and btw - I barely play wow these days, I mean why? Waiting for 8.2
    8.2 almost had me. But then I saw Nazjatar and how gloomy and boring it looked and was like "nope".

  5. #6725
    The Undying Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    39,752
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Ofc not, its not a good excuse nor a good way to make xpacs for the game.

    Almost every xpac has felt boring towards the end, thats almost a given. Problem with WoD and now BfA, it got boring quite quickly. Legion probably got so good because of how bad WoD went down. Blizzard had to deliver something good after WoD.

    Whats sad is that they are in the same position as back then during WoD. BfA did not deliver and now they gotta doubledown on the next xpac, probably cuttting BfA short. They had a great oppurtunity after Legion to build upon that xpac success, but they failed again.

    And lest be honest, if Blizzard do deliver on the next xpac, we are all going to play it no matter how bad previous xpacs was :P
    They never said 8.2 is the last Major Patch. I doubt they'd hint at "The end" /fish if 8.2 was the finisher of BFA.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  6. #6726
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They never said 8.2 is the last Major Patch. I doubt they'd hint at "The end" /fish if 8.2 was the finisher of BFA.
    True, but do we really think there is another major content patch for BfA? What would that in any case be? Only scenario I can see is a endraid with Sylvanas as the villain. and I believe Blizzard said she would not go down like Garrosh(even though it looks like it so far).

    Aszhara raid with N'Zoth planning/breaking free etc is a decent raid to launch into next xpac, with even more old god focus. MAYBE we get a N'Zoth raid, but I mean aint that bit of a stretch? Aszhara and N'Zoth in the same xpac..

    I dont know, im just speculating. Im not saying I have the answers at all. Im probably 100% wrong, but I thought this was a speculation thread, but as per usual its very difficult to discuss anything at all. Its either 100% THIS or THAT.

  7. #6727
    Are people really arguing with the Anti-WoW obsessed guy with the XIV avatar who just sticks around despite being "Done with WoW?"

  8. #6728
    Really, i think people who want to argue that BfA will end early because WoD did is really just deluding themselves. Quality aside, WoD showed signs of being rushed from the beginning. No endgame, limited features and such. BfA has features in spades, people just odn't like them, just going by this the closest we will get to WoD is just 8.3 being kinda anemic as most of hte planned content is scrapped.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    True, but do we really think there is another major content patch for BfA? What would that in any case be? Only scenario I can see is a endraid with Sylvanas as the villain. and I believe Blizzard said she would not go down like Garrosh(even though it looks like it so far).

    Aszhara raid with N'Zoth planning/breaking free etc is a decent raid to launch into next xpac, with even more old god focus. MAYBE we get a N'Zoth raid, but I mean aint that bit of a stretch? Aszhara and N'Zoth in the same xpac..

    I dont know, im just speculating. Im not saying I have the answers at all. Im probably 100% wrong, but I thought this was a speculation thread, but as per usual its very difficult to discuss anything at all. Its either 100% THIS or THAT.
    Actually, we know with pretty much 100% certainty that there will be at the very elast another major raid, considering the specific words used in some interviews were "You will know what the final boss of BfA is after Azshara" Which means there has to be another raid. Not to mention the points i discussed above.

  9. #6729
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Are people really arguing with the Anti-WoW obsessed guy with the XIV avatar who just sticks around despite being "Done with WoW?"
    Yes, he is fun to talk to. (You might be in his shoes in a couple of years, so...)

  10. #6730
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Are people really arguing with the Anti-WoW obsessed guy with the XIV avatar who just sticks around despite being "Done with WoW?"
    Suddenly you get accused for "revelling" that other players doesn't want to transfers their characters.

    The list is starting to be full of the most bizarre ways to say that players are wrong, in ANY aspect of the game.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

    Wrath of The Bolvar too big for this forum. 10.0 confirmed?

  11. #6731
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yes, he is fun to talk to. (You might be in his shoes in a couple of years, so...)
    Well I appreciate the compliment rda.

    If it was one that is. Not that good at compliments/sarcasm in written text hehe.

  12. #6732
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well I appreciate the compliment rda.

    If it was one that is haha
    It was a compliment, yes. I am a simple and straightforward guy. :-)

  13. #6733
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It was a compliment, yes. I am a simple guy. :-)
    Yay!

    But yeah for me it's a case of I really love this game and company. I grew up with Blizzards titles on PC and PS1 (Diablo 1) but right now the magic of what made those titles is just gone imo.

    I really want them to pull themselves together and bring back the magic for WoW. But every day/week it just seems less and less likely to happen,
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-05-06 at 02:11 PM.

  14. #6734
    The Undying Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    39,752
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    True, but do we really think there is another major content patch for BfA? What would that in any case be? Only scenario I can see is a endraid with Sylvanas as the villain. and I believe Blizzard said she would not go down like Garrosh(even though it looks like it so far).

    Aszhara raid with N'Zoth planning/breaking free etc is a decent raid to launch into next xpac, with even more old god focus. MAYBE we get a N'Zoth raid, but I mean aint that bit of a stretch? Aszhara and N'Zoth in the same xpac..

    I dont know, im just speculating. Im not saying I have the answers at all. Im probably 100% wrong, but I thought this was a speculation thread, but as per usual its very difficult to discuss anything at all. Its either 100% THIS or THAT.
    I think you're overreacting, I'm just pointing out something that was more then hinted. No way Blizzard would hint with "The end" if 8.2 would be the end. No way, not after Diablo Immortal. No need to act attacked because I wasn't.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  15. #6735
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yes, he is fun to talk to. (You might be in his shoes in a couple of years, so...)
    I've tried XIV, got to max level in the latest expansion. Disliked it; slow animations, 2.5 GCD, required story, alt unfriendly nature all were big negatives.

  16. #6736
    All the Eleccy-Nyel illusional stuff aside. I could remember someone pointing out that with 8.1 the Gnomeregan Pet Battle Dungeon got released, then in 8.2 Mechagon and at the same time will release Strathholme as Pet Battle Dungeon. Would be silly to base hopes on this, but it's fun to think about.

    Also does anyone else got the feeling that the Ankoans are a reference to the Story of the 47 Ronin.

  17. #6737
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think you're overreacting, I'm just pointing out something that was more then hinted. No way Blizzard would hint with "The end" if 8.2 would be the end. No way, not after Diablo Immortal. No need to act attacked because I wasn't.
    Ah allright! sorry about the overraction!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Really, i think people who want to argue that BfA will end early because WoD did is really just deluding themselves. Quality aside, WoD showed signs of being rushed from the beginning. No endgame, limited features and such. BfA has features in spades, people just odn't like them, just going by this the closest we will get to WoD is just 8.3 being kinda anemic as most of hte planned content is scrapped.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Actually, we know with pretty much 100% certainty that there will be at the very elast another major raid, considering the specific words used in some interviews were "You will know what the final boss of BfA is after Azshara" Which means there has to be another raid. Not to mention the points i discussed above.
    Really? Must have missed that :/ Then it has to be N'zoth right?

  18. #6738
    I still think N'zoth is our final boss for BfA. I think BfA is going to be the push to deal with the last Old God we haven't fought yet. I mean Azshara is explicitly trying to free N'zoth in the Eternal Palace. I just don't feel like they're going to drag it out into another expansion, since we have been dealing with Old God stuff throughout BfA (even if it's been a side plot until now). Maybe I should say I don't want the Old God themes to drag into another expansion, because it would just feel like too much. I want 9.0 to be something different.

  19. #6739
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    I want 9.0 to be something different.
    Same, I really want to go to some Lost Continent, and everything there is just new... Like MoP but more, the only things familiar are US going to where ever. Also no existential threat. BFA could've been that... it just a war among mortals after all, but how many times have we heard from one leader or another say, the opposite side will end our existence. Now with BFA being full blown old god N'Zoth, and the sword of course the world is ending AGAIN. Lest go somewhere new and be, "Ohh those fucks are evil, lets kill em."

  20. #6740
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Same, I really want to go to some Lost Continent, and everything there is just new... Like MoP but more, the only things familiar are US going to where ever. Also no existential threat. BFA could've been that... it just a war among mortals after all, but how many times have we heard from one leader or another say, the opposite side will end our existence. Now with BFA being full blown old god N'Zoth, and the sword of course the world is ending AGAIN. Lest go somewhere new and be, "Ohh those fucks are evil, lets kill em."
    Yeah I want them to create something new again, like with MoP. Ok, the whole panda thing was at first a bit weird, but it quickly grew on me and I really liked the whole expansion.

    I dont want them to lean on something already established, but id probably be ok with Dragon Isle/Black Empire focus to :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •