1. #6761
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I still think that's better than it being random though tbh.
    Yeah, I'd just want all of them to have 2-3 options (you can actually get 4 different capes)

  2. #6762
    8.3 is a stepping stone to Nzoth, who is 9.0s big bad.

    What makes it less filler is that Sylvanas will be dealt with somehow.

  3. #6763
    The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the #1, Azeroth!
    Posts
    24,462
    Whilst I don't see the issue in Naga architecture looking like Naga Architecture, I believe they could've used assets from Vash'jir (just HD spruced up) rather than Azsuna. That way it would've looked more akin to having been underwater for thousands of years. I love the vast ruins in Vashj.

    That being said, since they won't likely change shit now, tweaks to the color palette could improve things. Gameplay will still be the focus in terms of deciding if the patch is good or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    8.3 is a stepping stone to Nzoth, who is 9.0s big bad.

    What makes it less filler is that Sylvanas will be dealt with somehow.
    It literally not being filler makes it not filler at all.

    People can't just arbitrarily assign filler status to whatever they don't care about. Not even WoD was filler, despite its story being so all over the place and jumpy.

  4. #6764
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    What makes it less filler is that Sylvanas will be dealt with somehow.
    Alternative 1: the Alliance kill her. I like it, but I'd be surprised if that's what happens, that's way too active for the usual Alliance writing.
    Alternative 2: the Horde kill her. Like, Thrall. Might happen. The Horde cleaned themselves bla bla bla brave new world.
    Alternative 3: both the Alliance and the Horde kill her. Yep, possibly.
    Alternative 4: she gets banished or whatever. Sure, why not.
    Alternative 5: she becomes good. Tries to help us kill someone else in the end, but fails, dies and that redeems her. Mmmm, not sure how realistic this is.
    Alternative 6: she escapes. Sylvanas fans would celebrate like no tomorrow, so why not.
    Alternative 7: she effing WINS. LOL. Hardly possible, but would have been fun.

  5. #6765
    Bloodsail Admiral Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    1,156
    I think Sylvanas will play a part in trying to destroy the red dragon flight because they represent life.

    She is the enemy of life and Alexstrasza is the Aspect of Life.

  6. #6766
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I think Sylvanas will play a part in trying to destroy the red dragon flight because they represent life.

    She is the enemy of life and Alexstrasza is the Aspect of Life.
    She isn't really the "enemy of life"
    One dying Night Elf claiming she made LIFE her enemy doesnt make it a theme. There's 0 reason to go to war with the reds.
    Yohohoho

  7. #6767
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    She isn't really the "enemy of life"
    Are you sure? It has been a recurring theme.
    Anduin also said she's warring against life itself when you warn him of Xal'atath's disappearance after Crucible of Storms.
    Three Sisters comic shows the void warning Alleria that Sylvanas "serves the true enemy", and Sylvanas at the end says everyone "will serve death... they will serve me."
    Even death entities like Bwonsambi and Lich King talk about Sylvanas "threatens the balance" [of life and death].

    While I don't think she will move against the reds, her theme as "the enemy of life" has been fairly consistent so far.

  8. #6768
    The Unstoppable Force Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the #1, Azeroth!
    Posts
    24,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    She isn't really the "enemy of life"
    One dying Night Elf claiming she made LIFE her enemy doesnt make it a theme. There's 0 reason to go to war with the reds.
    Her reaction in Arathi Highlands tells a different story. That was really my turning point in terms of rooting for her.
    I don't think she'll war against the dragon aspect, but she's clearly not fond of life, not even for her own kind to HAVE a life in Undeath with family and friends.

  9. #6769
    The Undying Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    39,108
    If she turns into the Goddess of Death....


    Well that wouldn't be shocking(As in NO WAY NOT POSSIBLE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO111111111111).
    #TeamLegion

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  10. #6770
    Someone put Sylvanas in the Warchief's seat. She did not do it herself. It could be Helya. She has a bargain with her and Helya placing her in a position of power means that when she comes calling, Sylvanas will have far more to offer than she would before.

  11. #6771
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Someone put Sylvanas in the Warchief's seat. She did not do it herself. It could be Helya. She has a bargain with her and Helya placing her in a position of power means that when she comes calling, Sylvanas will have far more to offer than she would before.
    That's my bet as well. Helya killed Vol'jin and used him (or his corpse) to nominate Sylvanas in power while some other entity brought Vol'jin back.
    All the war is just a distraction while Helya and Sylvanas work their real plans. Sylvanas is slowly becoming more powerful in death magic over the course of BfA, and her endgame is to just kill everyone (including Azeroth itself) and turn the world into a realm of undeath.

    Meanwhile, N'Zoth senses the danger and is pulling his own strings, as Sylvanas' ultimate defeat will signify his own freedom.

    I think the final patch will be a free-for-all between Sylvanas/Helya, N'Zoth/Void, Alliance and Horde. Thus, "the battle for Azeroth".

  12. #6772
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Her reaction in Arathi Highlands tells a different story. That was really my turning point in terms of rooting for her.
    I don't think she'll war against the dragon aspect, but she's clearly not fond of life, not even for her own kind to HAVE a life in Undeath with family and friends.
    Didn't she call life a curse and hope a disease fairly recently?

  13. #6773
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    She made the deal with Helya AFTER she was already warchief, so I doubt that. I don't even think we will see Helya again any time soon (although if I remember correctly some island expedition quest pointed towards her).
    No, I think the one putting Sylvanas into the position was either someone we don't know yet or N'Zoth himself.
    Here is the thing. Why did Sylvanas know to go to Stormheim in the first place? Either her Val'kyr guided her to Helya and Eyir or Helya herself contacted her. Either way, Helya would know. Sylvanas abandons everything in the middle of a war, soon after discovering a val'kyr ritual to make Nathanos more resilient, to seek Helya. She enters Helheim with no concern for her safety and bargains with Helya; all the while we do not know who guided her there. I am not saying this is not speculation, I am just saying that Sylvanas and Helya go back before Stormheim. It seems unlikely that she never talks with her Val'kyr after all, and all of them know of Helya and Eyir.

  14. #6774
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    She made the deal with Helya AFTER she was already warchief, so I doubt that. I don't even think we will see Helya again any time soon (although if I remember correctly some island expedition quest pointed towards her).
    Helya mays have done it on her own, because she knew she could convince Sylvanas into their pact.

  15. #6775
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    31,497
    Oh yeah Helya. I forget about that because nothing ever came of it. And I'm convinced the writers forgot about it too.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    Classic: Bloodsail Buccaneers - Alliance
    FFXIV: Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)
    "In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

  16. #6776
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Her reaction in Arathi Highlands tells a different story. That was really my turning point in terms of rooting for her.
    I don't think she'll war against the dragon aspect, but she's clearly not fond of life, not even for her own kind to HAVE a life in Undeath with family and friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Are you sure? It has been a recurring theme.
    Anduin also said she's warring against life itself when you warn him of Xal'atath's disappearance after Crucible of Storms.
    Three Sisters comic shows the void warning Alleria that Sylvanas "serves the true enemy", and Sylvanas at the end says everyone "will serve death... they will serve me."
    Even death entities like Bwonsambi and Lich King talk about Sylvanas "threatens the balance" [of life and death].

    While I don't think she will move against the reds, her theme as "the enemy of life" has been fairly consistent so far.
    Fair enough.
    But while i do think she isn't fond of life, it's more in the sense of being alive and all that comes with it. Attacking the reds is a whole other level.
    Yohohoho

  17. #6777
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Oh yeah Helya. I forget about that because nothing ever came of it. And I'm convinced the writers forgot about it too.
    They haven't. Island Expeditions with kvaldir enemies can drop an item that starts a quest. You are sent to Stormheim to inquire the valarjar about those kvaldir, and you find out that Helya isn't quite so dead. "You can't kill death."

    So, Blizzard does remember Helya and has seeded her return already.

  18. #6778
    And it's said that some of the IE quest items story will be told in BfA, but so far only the Black Dragon Scale and some Naga stuff seems to be connected to the lore.

  19. #6779
    If a death themed expansion is coming I’d assume that’s where we’ll see Helya. I’m really not sure what we’ll get but it seems like an undead/death expansion is being hinted at all over the place. Either that or the Void, who knows. Regardless, when/if we get that death expansion that’s probably when we’ll see Helya again.

    I’m honestly not even sure what they’re doing with the Black dragon scale and Wrathion. They’re being shown and hinted at but again not much has come of it outside of little hints or things like Black talon bodyguards being seen in certain places. I don’t really think we’ll see much of these storylines in BfA, it seems like they’re just planting the seeds for later.

  20. #6780
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    31,497
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    They haven't. Island Expeditions with kvaldir enemies can drop an item that starts a quest. You are sent to Stormheim to inquire the valarjar about those kvaldir, and you find out that Helya isn't quite so dead. "You can't kill death."

    So, Blizzard does remember Helya and has seeded her return already.
    Cool. But do they remember that bit with her and Sylvanas?
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    Classic: Bloodsail Buccaneers - Alliance
    FFXIV: Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)
    "In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •