1. #6861
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Not a one of your points apply to both Which is why you have to try and strip them of the original points you made which hold no water.
    I only agree with him on point 4 and 1, and not even entirely, just a bit. But enough of this, this is not what this thread is about and eleccybub is also not helping to it, we need a moderator to keep a close eye here it seems, they don't stop not even with people asking them to stop.

  2. #6862
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    14,254
    Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    I only agree with him on point 4 and 1, and not even entirely, just a bit. But enough of this, this is not what this thread is about and eleccybub is also not helping to it, we need a moderator to keep a close eye here it seems, they don't stop not even with people asking them to stop.
    Point 4 doesn’t hold water as wod didn’t rely on previous strengths. Mop had a comply unrivalled amount of things to do outside of raiding which were all then dropped other then challenge modes and pet battles, wod dropped all of mops strengths. Bfa on the other hand didn’t drop stuff from legion like wod did.

    Point 1 doesn’t work as nothing in wod was broken it was the lack of content that got wod not that the content was broken.

    All of his points fall Apart if you even slightly look into them which is why he instantly threw away his examples as not a single one works.

    But as far as the thread goes I’m done with this conversation unless he can give some new examples but I doubt that will happen.

  3. #6863
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Again, you basically have no clue. All of the problems I listed were an issue in WoD and are an issue in BfA. Again, it's not just me who comes up with that conclusion, it's basically the majority of the playerbase that posts online. But nevermind.

    Yes, BfA has other problems. On top of the ones I already listed.

    - - - Updated - - -



    This is so obviously false that it becomes ridiculous. Did you even play BfA? Even a dedicated amount of "bad choices" wouldn't have lead to an as half-assed expansion as BfA.
    ___________

    By the way, I know this is a speculation thread. When you don't want to read negative opinions on BfA, ignore them. Talking about BfA's pain points can very much lead into 9.x speculation as it did several times already.

    Do we know yet what will happen with the Heart of Azeroth / Azerite? I mean will they make the same mistake as with the artifact weapon and simply remove every progression (even if it was not much) we made when it comes to class design or do you think this will turn into another kind of talent system to be deeply routed into the game instead of being just an on-off-feature?
    Honestly had the Heart had a tree like Artifacts from the start it might have been half decent.

    8.2 only fixes some of the issues with it. Although imo this Artifact like system just needs to go. Just do Alternate Advancement or Planar Attunement style stuff that Everquest/Rift did imo.

    What the Heart needs is it's own full talent tree to compliment the Glyph like system coming in 8.2.

    And quite frankly AP needs to be a lot generous or the sources on PTR need increasing because 55-56 is 180k and when sources are still giving 200-300 AP outside of emissaries then that's just not on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And what did you expect from a race you just helped big time? A sudden back stab? A "lol I'm actually a N'zoth minion"? A "lol we didn't actually need your help, begone while we join the Horde"? This is an end dungeon broadcast text, ofc it will be short and thankful. You people want Drak'Tharon 5 min RP with an "unexpected" twist at the end?
    Actually for Megadungeons yes I would like a bit of strong RP in a role playing game believe it or not.

  4. #6864
    Pandaren Monk Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Actually for Megadungeons yes I would like a bit of strong RP in a role playing game believe it or not.
    Entire island setup is there for you, then.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  5. #6865
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Entire island setup is there for you then.
    Islands do not have RP at all lol.

    And no mobs spawning at random with the guy going "amg look out" in the text box is akin to an end of dungeon message.

    If we are saying Islands is one of the next big things for an RPG game then just lol.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-05-08 at 02:56 PM.

  6. #6866
    Pandaren Monk Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Islands do not have RP at all lol.

    And no mobs spawning at random with the guy going "amg look out" in the text box is akin to an end of dungeon message.
    Entire Mechagon island has no lore at all about the mechagnomes and current situation? M'kay. Did you mistook it for Island Expeditions?

    I don't get whats this fetish about elaborated RP's at the end of the dungeon, when it was the norm for years, even for main story dungeons (and Mechagon is a side story).
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  7. #6867
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Entire Mechagon island has no lore at all about the mechagnomes and current situation? M'kay. Did you mistook it for Island Expeditions?

    I don't get whats this fetish about elaborated RP's at the end of the dungeon, when it was the norm for years, even for main story dungeons (and Mechagon is a side story).
    Oh you were on about Mechagon itself? My bad I'm shattered today haha. Sorry dude.

    But eh I feel like a quick end of dungeon cutscene wouldn't hurt. Establishing the lore is nice and all but building on it through the dungeon would be nice too. Like Kara did a little or Seat of the Triumvirate.

    Mechagon looks amazing don't get me wrong. But the Dungeon eh just think it could use a tad of RP. Just wish Nazjatar looked as awesome.

  8. #6868
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Point 4 doesn’t hold water as wod didn’t rely on previous strengths. Mop had a comply unrivalled amount of things to do outside of raiding which were all then dropped other then challenge modes and pet battles, wod dropped all of mops strengths. Bfa on the other hand didn’t drop stuff from legion like wod did.

    Point 1 doesn’t work as nothing in wod was broken it was the lack of content that got wod not that the content was broken.

    All of his points fall Apart if you even slightly look into them which is why he instantly threw away his examples as not a single one works.

    But as far as the thread goes I’m done with this conversation unless he can give some new examples but I doubt that will happen.
    You are right, I retire what I said about point 4 and 1, apologies!

  9. #6869
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Islands do not have RP at all lol.

    And no mobs spawning at random with the guy going "amg look out" in the text box is akin to an end of dungeon message.

    If we are saying Islands is one of the next big things for an RPG game then just lol.
    Hes talking about Mechagon Island not IE you moron. Also, take into account that mechagon will be split in 2 and made into m+.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

  10. #6870
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Hes talking about Mechagon Island not IE you moron. Also, take into account that mechagon will be split in 2 and made into m+.
    Read my reply. I apologised. I'm tired as hell because barely any sleep. There's no need for insults.

    Also M+ is irrelevant to RP. I meant cutscenes/dialogue. It just feels weak in the dungeon to say we are meeting this brand new race (well kinda brand new I guess) and helping them start a rebellion.

  11. #6871
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Hes talking about Mechagon Island not IE you moron. Also, take into account that mechagon will be split in 2 and made into m+.
    And heroic as well.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  12. #6872
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Read my reply. I apologised. I'm tired as hell because barely any sleep. There's no need for insults.

    Also M+ is irrelevant to RP. I meant cutscenes/dialogue. It just feels weak in the dungeon to say we are meeting this brand new race (well kinda brand new I guess) and helping them start a rebellion.
    You meet them long before you enter the dungeon. Dungeon is finale. RP is a lesser priority in dungeons than m+.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And heroic as well.
    Do people even run heroics nowadays?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

  13. #6873
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    You meet them long before you enter the dungeon. Dungeon is finale. RP is a lesser priority in dungeons than m+.



    Do people even run heroics nowadays?
    I disagree personally. I think RP in an RPG should take priority in the dungeon.

    And it never stopped Court of Stars having it on M+ with the Elisande interlude.

    As for Heroics. Can make some decent initial catchup. Should end this expansion on 395 Heroic pieces.

  14. #6874
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    You meet them long before you enter the dungeon. Dungeon is finale. RP is a lesser priority in dungeons than m+.



    Do people even run heroics nowadays?
    A lot of people will never even step on Mythic Mechagon until it becomes Heroic because a lot of people do not do PuGs and if it is reasonably challenging like Karazhan was, they won't be able to clear it with their friends & family group.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  15. #6875
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I disagree personally. I think RP in an RPG should take priority in the dungeon.
    Elder Scrolls is for you then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    A lot of people will never even step on Mythic Mechagon until it becomes Heroic because a lot of people do not do PuGs and if it is reasonably challenging like Karazhan was, they won't be able to clear it with their friends & family group.
    Felt a lot easier than Kara. Wiped only on last boss, liked King Gobbamak and HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit encounters.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2019-05-08 at 03:45 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

  16. #6876
    One day WoW will be a PARAGON OF GAMEPLAY and ROLEPLAY like FFXIV... One day............................

  17. #6877
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Elder Scrolls is for you then.



    Felt a lot easier than Kara. Wiped only on last boss, liked King Gobbamak and HK-8 Aerial Oppression Unit encounters.
    So you're basically saying WoW should have less RPG elements in?

    Bloody hell.....

  18. #6878
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So you're basically saying WoW should have less RPG elements in?

    Bloody hell.....
    Amazing twist dude.... I said none of that.
    No, WoW has plenty RP in it, and if you want to add, do it outside of dungeons. Watching RP for 3245th time in a dungeon is demented. And if you want extreme amount of RP, you got dedicated server for that.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2019-05-08 at 04:27 PM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

  19. #6879
    Pandaren Monk Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I disagree personally. I think RP in an RPG should take priority in the dungeon.

    And it never stopped Court of Stars having it on M+ with the Elisande interlude.

    As for Heroics. Can make some decent initial catchup. Should end this expansion on 395 Heroic pieces.
    But that was a few lines only, similar to what we have in Mechagon. You DO have an RP talks going back and forth as you progress through it, so I don't really know whats the issue here. And I think, as probably almost everyone, that in dungeons gameplay > RP, especially considering M+. Interesting and balanced trash, bosses and environment is just so much more important. Like, it has been like this for YEARS: you get most of the story questing through the zone, and the dungeon is simply the finale, with familiar characters and story inside.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  20. #6880
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    But that was a few lines only, similar to what we have in Mechagon. You DO have an RP talks going back and forth as you progress through it, so I don't really know whats the issue here. And I think, as probably almost everyone, that in dungeons gameplay > RP, especially considering M+. Interesting and balanced trash, bosses and environment is just so much more important. Like, it has been like this for YEARS: you get most of the story questing through the zone, and the dungeon is simply the finale, with familiar characters and story inside.
    At this point, I think he's complaining purely for the sake of complaining.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •