1. #7081
    I am Murloc! Maxrokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Zuldazar
    Posts
    5,041
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Keeping a portal to Outland open may very well be the safest option at this point. At least you can't just open a portal elsewhere that way.
    Well Garrosh used some time artifact to enroute his universe with the MU throw that portal. Literally destroying that thing would do more good than harm
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

  2. #7082
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    40,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Well Garrosh used some time artifact to enroute his universe with the MU throw that portal. Literally destroying that thing would do more good than harm
    They'd have to destroy the rift itself and not the physical portal itself.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  3. #7083
    i'm glad to see outland hasn't chipped away into the nether after all these years.

    would love a report on how the whole continent is doing these days. last time we were there in anything canonical was in legion, to prevent a demon from escaping a tempest keep prison, but nothing was really said about outland as a whole.

  4. #7084
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm glad to see outland hasn't chipped away into the nether after all these years.

    would love a report on how the whole continent is doing these days. last time we were there in anything canonical was in legion, to prevent a demon from escaping a tempest keep prison, but nothing was really said about outland as a whole.
    I think Outland's degradation would take centuries.
    Yeah, I'd love to see an update on it.
    We also had some stories set there in MoP (Green Fire warlock questline) and in DH class hall (to get Akama as a follower).
    Whatever...

  5. #7085
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I think Outland's degradation would take centuries.
    Yeah, I'd love to see an update on it.
    We also had some stories set there in MoP (Green Fire warlock questline) and in DH class hall (to get Akama as a follower).
    is my brain being fucky, or was there something mentioning outland has stabilized and stopped crumbling? fuck, i can't remember now, it's been so so very long since i've paid any attention to any of the old questing.

    also, that new mount for the anniversary event... who wants to bet that's going to be wrathion's new model? that's he's grown into a drake already.

  6. #7086
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    is my brain being fucky, or was there something mentioning outland has stabilized and stopped crumbling? fuck, i can't remember now, it's been so so very long since i've paid any attention to any of the old questing.

    also, that new mount for the anniversary event... who wants to bet that's going to be wrathion's new model? that's he's grown into a drake already.
    I think the Manaforges were the reason Outland's degradation was increasing, and shutting them down stabilized things. It's how I remember it, but the memories are hazy,
    Whatever...

  7. #7087
    Quote Originally Posted by seleri View Post
    So Classic beta tomorrow, 8.2 in late June-early/mid July, Classic released August 27th, 8.2.5 in September-early October, Blizzcon with new WoW expansion announcement November 1st.

    2019 is a good year to like WoW.
    Tides of Vengeance would have been out for 8 months if 8.2 comes out in July. In Legion, major patches came out in 5 month cycles. These droughts are going on way too long and people are losing interest way too soon. I believe they'll save 8.2.5 for after Blizzcon, so they can give players something to look forward to while hype is way up.

    That's the wrong strategy, again because they're waiting way too long to release content. I play Alliance, and there's little that's enticing me to return. I dont give a shit about wacky gnomes, Heart of Azeroth offers bandaid changes, and the story is garbage - while being released at a snail's pace. Its only May, who wants to wait another 2 months before we can start grinding dailies with Junker Gnomes for 3 weeks to unlock flying?

  8. #7088
    I am Murloc! Fahrad Wagner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    5,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Some pics from the clip here for those that want to see it still.

    It includes a picture of Ion next to a giant nipple.

    This triggered a memory of something Ion-related that happened in the past.

    I'm sure @Shadochi remembers.
    Speaking of Ion's vol-de-tort and mentioning Shadochi but not I? THE VOL-DE-TORT's very own father? Ruuuuude Marla, ruuuude!

    Also I really want to see that new cinematic! Comeeeee on!

  9. #7089
    Another cinematic about Saurfang, this time with Thrall?

    When this brazilian TV show with the true and honest Horde trying to find themselves over and over is going to end, LOL. I get it, you are honorable bla bla bla, somewhere deep anyway, can we just be done with it and move on?

  10. #7090
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Speaking of Ion's vol-de-tort and mentioning Shadochi but not I? THE VOL-DE-TORT's very own father? Ruuuuude Marla, ruuuude!

    Also I really want to see that new cinematic! Comeeeee on!
    Shadochi recently promoted it which is why I only remembered him, sorry!

  11. #7091
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Speaking of Ion's vol-de-tort and mentioning Shadochi but not I? THE VOL-DE-TORT's very own father? Ruuuuude Marla, ruuuude!

    Also I really want to see that new cinematic! Comeeeee on!
    I still don't get why you'd name Ion's bulge something vaguely french which to my knowledge means nothing
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  12. #7092
    I am Murloc! Fahrad Wagner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    5,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I still don't get why you'd name Ion's bulge something vaguely french which to my knowledge means nothing
    I'm French, I know it doesn't mean anything, that's the point haha!

    Here is how it happened: at the time the big thing happened with Ion, we had datamined the collector edition tortollan pet, Tottle, or in French, "Tortois". Someone made a point that it looked like Voldemort from the Harry Potter saga because it had no nose. Then a grey model was datamined and it looked even more like Voldemort, so we made a joke about having one as a battle pet and call it Voldetort.

    Then, Ion had his not-so-little exciting moment, but we didn't want to be vulgar and refer to it directly when joking about it. @Shadochi and I then started using "vol-de-tort" as it sounded French, so vague and usable in any context really. Like, is it a pastry? Is it a dance move? Is it a village in Poitou-Charentes? A specific unpasteurised goat cheese? It had a lot of versatility and could definitely put a word on Ion's big preoccupation.

    Here you have it, that's how Ion's vol-de-tort, which really means b*ner, was born.

    In other, more topic-related news (even though I'm pretty sure this previous explanation qualifies as Speculation Thread Mythology), I hope we get a build this week!

    Also, those new dragon mount and dragon whelp models for the 15th anniversary? Suspicious. Dragon Isles are comiiiiiiiing! I was super excited by the collector as well, but it sold out already.
    Last edited by Fahrad Wagner; 2019-05-15 at 09:31 AM.

  13. #7093
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Here is how it happened: at the time the big thing happened with Ion, we had datamined the collector edition tortollan pet, Tottle, or in French, "Tortois". Someone made a point that it looked like Voldemort from the Harry Potter saga because it had no nose. Then a grey model was datamined and it looked even more like Voldemort, so we made a joke about having one as a battle pet and call it Voldetort.
    Ah I guess I missed that part of the thread!

    And yeah, Deathwing mount is awesome. Let's hope it points to a dragon focused expac. Dragonsworn as max level advancement makes a lot of sense! And it would work perfectly well with a system like the Essences.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  14. #7094
    So from what some people said; today we're getting BFA news, from the summit due to two separate embargos towel told us about. I wonder if they'll drop the new cinematic with a 8.2 release date.

  15. #7095
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    So from what some people said; today we're getting BFA news, from the summit due to two separate embargos towel told us about. I wonder if they'll drop the new cinematic with a 8.2 release date.
    Does anyone even trust that streamer? I can't count how many times I've seen people telling us how he was hyping about something only for it to never pan out. Now if it was multiple streamers saying it, sure.

    Also if they talk about 8.2 release date when they don't even have a release candidate on the PTR is just sad. I guess it would reiterate the general feeling that they don't give a shit about our feedback and PTRs and Beta are just marketing events.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  16. #7096
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Does anyone even trust that streamer? I can't count how many times I've seen people telling us how he was hyping about something only for it to never pan out. Now if it was multiple streamers saying it, sure.

    Also if they talk about 8.2 release date when they don't even have a release candidate on the PTR is just sad. I guess it would reiterate the general feeling that they don't give a shit about our feedback and PTRs and Beta are just marketing events.
    When they told us the release date for 8.1, the patch release was a month away and also didn't had a release candidate.

  17. #7097
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    40,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    When they told us the release date for 8.1, the patch release was a month away and also didn't had a release candidate.
    I doubt it's another "Oh they don't care." Just seems doom and gloom nonsense.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  18. #7098
    So, I’m guessing today’s info dump is going to be the cinematic and a bit more in-depth info on the 15th anniversary event coming?

  19. #7099
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    So, I’m guessing today’s info dump is going to be the cinematic and a bit more in-depth info on the 15th anniversary event coming?
    I'm guessing cinematic + 8.2 release date. Small chance of a teaser about 8.2.5 content.

  20. #7100
    I am Murloc! Fahrad Wagner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    5,039
    At what time would that info dump happen guys?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •