Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Ain't gonna claim it means nothing, but what I will say is Blood Elf models do the same thing actually. Or did pre-update at least. If you strip away the glow they actually had fully modeled green eyes underneath. Which was all you ever saw with High Elves because Blizz was too lazy to make a blue glow effect.

Though if that is a fully modeled dark eye that should be pretty ruinous to all this NElf Paladin Tyrande talk. As your final shots show, the back of the eye tends to match the glow color so as to not stand out when the glow is applied.
    Do you have a screenshot of the Blood Elf eyes? (for comparison, not proof) My point wasn't really that it's fully modeled, which all glow eyes are going to be, but that you can see the eye model for Tyrande isn't set up for a regular (or just different colored) glow. Dunno if these top ones are what you're talking about:

But you can see that the fully modeled ones even from BC are basically very bright colored irises, which have a glowing "pupil" rather than the normal everyday black one, because that subtly reinforces the glow. Tyrande's model has a regular colored iris and normal eye black pupils. Which suggests to me that it's either not meant to glow, or that the glow effect being applied here is very, very different--Like it's going to be smoky darkness emanating from the eyes, a la:

Last edited by Hitei; 2018-09-21 at 06:36 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Guessing it's a Horde Scenario. Seems Bwomsamdi has an issue with our buddy Bolvar.
    Obviously Bolvar is the one that has taken Vol'jin soul. And people for some reason already speculate that Lich King is Bwomsandi boss.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://imgur.com/a/lphOTXO

Was this changed recently?
    I just noticed they updated the description of the Darkspear page.

Not even the orcs have been updated and they still have Thrall as "paragon"
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the bug was with draenei and belf. their eyes looked black and blue, just like this tyrande model.

we learned later that they were adding the golden eyes for belf.
    Any chance you could dig up a screenshot?

Deleted
    Tyrande is all about the moon... And the moon has its dark side.
    So there's a chance that this is not a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Err so what's the difference between that and well, a Night Elf?
    The Night Warrior is one of Elune's aspects, according to Wowpedia's page on Elune. Tyrande might become an avatar of some sort.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a datamined achievement that has "Reward: 'Night Warrior' Night Elf Customization" on it. Looks like night elves will get a dark eyes customization similar to blood elves' golden eyes.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-09-21 at 06:47 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Do you have a screenshot of the Blood Elf eyes? (for comparison, not proof) My point wasn't really that it's fully modeled, which all glow eyes are going to be, but that you can see the eye model for Tyrande isn't set up for a regular (or just different colored) glow. Dunno if these top ones are what you're talking about:

https://i.snag.gy/BLepy.jpg[/IMG]
    http://i.snag.gy/SXTW3.jpg[/IMG]

But you can see that the fully modeled ones even from BC are basically very bright colored irises, which have a glowing "pupil" rather than the normal everyday black one, because that subtly reinforces the glow. Tyrande's model has a regular colored iris and normal eye black pupils. Which suggests to me that it's either not meant to glow, or that the glow effect being applied here is very, very different--Like it's going to be smoky darkness emanating from the eyes, a la:

https://i.imgur.com/JlS6SKW.png[/IMG]
    Here's what the High Elf eyes looked like. Blood Elf looked similar it's just harder to find through all the fanart and their WoD model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    The Night Warrior is one of Elune's aspects, according to Wowpedia's page on Elune.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a datamined achievement that has "Reward: 'Night Warrior' Night Elf Customization" on it. Looks like night elves will get a dark eyes customization.
    Well there we go then.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Ywp in war of the ancients when malfurion is suprised to see the priests in full armor she reminds him of her aspect of the night warrior.

Remember elune is already affiliated with the arcane. She isnt some Light godess. Tyrande is pissed and so is elune
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

I looooove those new models! I really wonder what this ritual with Tyrande implies though!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Ywp in war of the ancients when malfurion is suprised to see the priests in full armor she reminds him of her aspect of the night warrior.

Remember elune is already affiliated with the arcane. She isnt some Light godess. Tyrande is pissed and so is elune
    Also fair time to remind folks that Priests draw their power from any faith, Paladins only from the Naaru interpretation of the Light.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Here's what the High Elf eyes looked like. Blood Elf looked similar it's just harder to find through all the fanart and their WoD model.

See what I mean about the iris and pupil? How they are set up for the glow by having irises that are like a smooth gradient, and pupils that have an inner glow, rather than Tyrande's normal colored irises with highlights on them, and dark, typical pupil?

Well there we go then.
    Pretty sure he's just also assuming that's what the customization means, unless he has a second source saying it's intentional.

Highmountain tauren got a moonkin form

Pretty sure he's just also assuming that's what the customization means, unless he has a second source saying it's intentional.
    I mean, what else would it be? Blood elves got a golden eyes customization option (with no requirement to unlock it, of course). Could very well be exactly what it says.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=287347/...f-customizatio

Can we not datamine armor and the paragon mounts until they fix something?

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    I mean, what else would it be? Blood elves got a golden eyes customization option (with no requirement to unlock it, of course). Could very well be exactly what it says.
    Not disagreeing with you at all; my whole argument was that being the extremely likely option. Just pointing out to Slowpoke that you were probably also assuming rather than there being a confirmation somewhere.

Yes, but this doesn't actually tell us anything about what the customization is other than our own assumptions that it is highly likely to be the eyes. It could, for instance, just end up being the new markings.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2018-09-21 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoloid View Post

Mekkatorque Escape Pod! There's still hope!

Edit: In Teldrassil's Shadow - Complete the Tyrande's Ascension storyline. Reward: 'Night Warrior' Night Elf Customization. WHAT IS DIS
    I wanna kill him over and over again and get that flying mount!

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoloid View Post

Mekkatorque Escape Pod! There's still hope!

Edit: In Teldrassil's Shadow - Complete the Tyrande's Ascension storyline. Reward: 'Night Warrior' Night Elf Customization. WHAT IS DIS
    He will escape fatally wounded, goes to the mechagnomes city, he is saved and he brings them to the alliance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Making this so the people from the BFA speculation thread have somewhere to chat and discuss future patches. If it takes off, and mods allow, might even turn it into the patch thread until we have some kind of idea about 9.0, then this thread can die.

Made this post in the other thread, but I'm going to copy it.

I think other than the necklace being meh compared to the artifact weapons, the biggest bummer is the lack of an end game launch zone. Though Blizzard might have been better off saving Suramar for 7.1, with the story contuniation in 7.1.5 with the raid. There was enough launch content to have fun in Legion even without Suramar for 2-4 months imo.

Im kinda hoping thats what blizzard is doing this time. Instead of the cool story zone in 8.0 like Legion at launch, its coming in 8.1. Nazjatar zone. New dungeon. 8.1.5 is the raid and the final chapters of the questline for the zone. How epic would that be for an 8.1 patch?
    8.1 to me Is another 7.1 which to me was another 6.1 aka contentless, boring and absolutely insulting to the playerbase. It almost seems mandatory to make one horrible patch after launch, followed by one or two patches that show a new area of the map.

There's nothing "new" new In 8.1, you add two islands to expeditions, one of which was supposed to be launch island i believe, the gilnean one which I wondered where did It go as I remember seeing It at blizzcon 2017, I doubt they even told us a few islands would be left out, cut up and put Into a future patch as "New content".

The raids are nice, yes raids, two of them. One mini one Onyxia-style with 2 bosses, and another raiding Zul'dazar with both factions facing different bosses depending on your faction, colloseum style from Wrath thats nice, I like them taking risks and seeing that rewarded, after all someone has to show them artifact weapons and tables don't work so hopefully someone will tell them that soon, cause that's a risk they've been taking for far too long in my opinion, but I digress.

Raids seem fine, at least the Zul'dazar one, continuation of the story, we'll see, depends what kind of story It Is and then... what, that's It? No new zone, no big thing other than Darkshore Warfront who even cares and Demonic Invasions-..sorry, faction invasions but not really cause they're just demonic invasions? Bloody fel, blizzard.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    He will escape fatally wounded, goes to the mechagnomes city, he is saved and he brings them to the alliance
    Exactly my thought, just replace mechagnomes by junker gnomes, and they turn him into one of them, Mekk becomes a biotech-enhanced gnome leader.