Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nyel's been hating on Wow since BFA was even a thing. It's obnoxious at this point. Either people will go with XIV or not. I can't stand the artstyle at all and I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels that way. If the gameplay is slower, that's obviously going to affect people's opinions on the game.
    It does come across like a slighted ex that takes every opportune moment to brag about his new girlfriend and how much more sexy and sensitive she is compared to his old girlfriend.

And it always seems like we have to choose one faction, which is stupid. I played BDO and WoW at the same time, nearly in equal time frames, so what's the deal? Is WoW dead to me when I play more Minecraft for a while?

Just the normal doomsaying and stuff we are used to.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    And it always seems like we have to choose one faction, which is stupid. I played BDO and WoW at the same time, nearly in equal time frames, so what's the deal? Is WoW dead to me when I play more Minecraft for a while?

Just the normal doomsaying and stuff we are used to.
    People get very protective when they spend a huge amount of their life on something, that's about the only reason why I see it occurring a lot regarding MMO games.

But the reality is that people are most often probably playing in spurts of "subbed" and "not subbed" and etc throughout an MMOs lifetime.

Like right now I'm not super hyped to play WoW, but I wouldn't call it a bad game etc, I'm just more into other games right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Does it matter if it's lower than WoD? Only the possibility (which was never the case during Legion btw) is proof enough of BfA's enormous failure. And I am pretty sure we're definitely lower than we were during WoD. But right, I don't have a citation.
    The people on MMO-C were singing the same song of doom and gloom during Legion as well, it's funny how you people seem to just forget that between expansions. It was performing worse than ever, nobody was playing, all the same crap as is being thrown now.

And of course it would matter if it's lower than WoD. If it's performing worse than ever then it would have fewer subs than WoD had, than the lowest point measured during Vanilla too. Which is a beyond retarded idea to begin with given the very real, objective problems that WoD suffered as result of lacking development. BfA suffers the same problems any other expansion aside from WoD did, AKA subjective issues where some think it's literally the worst and others are having fun. It's NOT performing badly financially, not even by the most wishful metrics from the squad of naysayers, so...

Thanks for acknowledging that you don't have a citation though, that's more than most would as they throw around 3rd party website samples from people using a certain addon or some shit. Enough of this old crap, back onto 8.2 discussion:
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________

https://www.wowhead.com/news=292031/...yal-snapdragon

Not too happy seeing how small they've made these mounts I have to say. The Hyenas look absolutely silly with certain races.
    Pleased to see these mounts utilize the new cat form animations though, so far they haven't translated those onto ALL cat model mounts, just the Alliance-specific Warfront vendor mount. The more mounts make use of these new animations, the better.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-06-08 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Not to mention that WoWs biggest draw is its raids. And FFXIV has many good things. Raids anywhere near as good as WoWs is not one of them.
    I kind of doubt that to be honest. Wow was extremely popular even during Vanilla and BC when raids were experienced by very few players. In WoD, raiding was great, but the expansion was widely hated due to the weak content outside of raiding. If you consider the entire player base, not just the most dedicated and vocal (people on these forums), I don't think raids are actually that important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davryn View Post
    I kind of doubt that to be honest. Wow was extremely popular even during Vanilla and BC when raids were experienced by very few players. In WoD, raiding was great, but the expansion was widely hated due to the weak content outside of raiding. If you consider the entire player base, not just the most dedicated and vocal (people on these forums), I don't think raids are actually that important.
    Raids are important part of WoW and shouldn't be forgotten, having said that you are correct. The content outside of Raiding still matters due to well...it being everything else. WoD had a lot of cancelled stuff(stuff gets cancelled all the time but I think with the Shattrath raid gone, Faralon gone...which hurt the most to me).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Davryn View Post
    <the point is that Raids are WoWs greatest asset, many of the things around the raids might not be as good, and the raids fluctuate in quality, sure. But the bosses are varied, the locations and arenas are more likely ot be custom built. Raids in Classic were very similar to FFXIV now, and that is the point i am making. Raids have evolved massively since then, mostly because the game has changed to more of an ARPG combat style, FFXIV has very simplistic arenas and boring bosses, nothing that comes even close to bosses like Blackhand from BRF or G'Huun from Uldir.

- - - Updated - - -

Whether raids are the greatest thing in the game is not that important either. It is the central pillar of game design in WoW, every new patch is seemingly ecntered around a new raid, and with the exception of PvP, most all avenues of gearing seems tailored to get you into raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Raids are important part of WoW and shouldn't be forgotten, having said that you are correct. The content outside of Raiding still matters due to well...it being everything else. WoD had a lot of cancelled stuff(stuff gets cancelled all the time but I think with the Shattrath raid gone, Faralon gone...which hurt the most to me).
    Farahlon is being glorified without merit. If it would be in, it would be yet another zone you would not give a damn about while sitting around in your garrison all day long.

WoD had a fundamental issue with world zones being useless aside from leveling and story - another zone would not change it one bit.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    8.2:

"The seaweed is always greener
    In somebody else's lake
    You dream about going up there
    But that is a big mistake
    Just look at the world around you
    Right here on the ocean floor
    Such wonderful things surround you
    What more is you lookin' for?

Under the sea
    Under the sea

Darling it's better
    Down where it's wetter
    Take it from me
    Up on the shore they work all day
    Out in the sun they slave away
    While we devotin'

Full time to floatin'
    Under the sea

Down here all the fish is happy
    As off through the waves they roll
    The fish on the land ain't happy
    They sad 'cause they in their bowl
    But fish in the bowl is lucky
    They in for a worser fate
    One day when the boss get hungry
    (Guess who's gon' be on the plate)

Under the sea
    Under the sea
    Nobody beat us
    Fry us…"

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Does it matter if it's lower than WoD? Only the possibility (which was never the case during Legion btw) is proof enough of BfA's enormous failure. And I am pretty sure we're definitely lower than we were during WoD. But right, I don't have a citation.
    Right, i forgot we're living in a post-fact world.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

8.2 date?

I'm aware that there is 8.2 megathread, but i just wanted to ask about 8.2 release date. I'm starting to lose patience, it's been 3 months since 8.1.5 dropped which had almost no content and 6 MONTHS, SIX since battle of dazal alor released. This feels like wod all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotality View Post
    I'm aware that there is 8.2 megathread, but i just wanted to ask about 8.2 release date. I'm starting to lose patience, it's been 3 months since 8.1.5 dropped which had almost no content and 6 MONTHS, SIX since battle of dazal alor released. This feels like wod all over again.
    Don’t make another pointless thread about something which you can use the search for. It hasn’t been announced and it isn’t likely to be announced until there’s a RC build. /endthread

7+ Year Old Account
    They are releasing content more spread out, seemingly in hopes of stopping a 1 year drought at the end of the expansion like has happened for the past 5 expansions. Wods was 17 months.

It could come out literally any day now, the lowest warning for a patch they have given us was 5 days for 7.2 and 6 for 7.3 so 8.2 could literally be next week.
    Also what guy above said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

its 6 months between raid tiers. its not a new thing. there was a new mini raid half way between. just because you dont like something doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

cant wait for you to be tired of 8.2. shouldnt take long.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They are releasing content more spread out, seemingly in hopes of stopping a 1 year drought at the end of the expansion like has happened for the past 5 expansions. Wods was 17 months.

It could come out literally any day now, the lowest warning for a patch they have given us was 5 days for 7.2 and 6 for 7.3 so 8.2 could literally be next week.
    Also what guy above said.
    True but the problem they are facing now is that world content has degraded to such a point every player is a demi god who can not be challenged by the mortal npcs that challenge them.

End of the day people only count the dungeons and raids. BFA has taken a terrible wounding and I doubt it is going to recover.

Battle opened up on january 22nd

That was 4 and a half months ago.

Not all content has to be instantly consumed and when 8.2 releases neither Mechagon nor the new raid will be open anyway.

Considering FF14 is launching their expansion in a few weeks, I'd all but guarantee that is when we will see 8.2

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Considering FF14 is launching their expansion in a few weeks, I'd all but guarantee that is when we will see 8.2
    I don’t think Blizzard is really bothered about a “meh” grade MMO. They’ve never paid attention to any other game/content releasing, so i doubt they’ll start now.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you see the background downloader triggers on the launcher, it's coming in 2 weeks, it's been like that since TBC, and always will do, it's a 2 week warning.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I don’t think Blizzard is really bothered about a “meh” grade MMO. They’ve never paid attention to any other game/content releasing, so i doubt they’ll start now.
    They've always planned stuff around other games coming out. Meh or not, FF14 is WoWs biggest competition right now.