1. #7521
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    Maybe not next week, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a mini-questchain leading to 8.2. Maybe horde will get their own exclusive mini-question like the alliance did on the broken shore
    Wasn't the Vol'jin questline supposed to be the extra mini questline?

  2. #7522
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    Maybe not next week, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get a mini-questchain leading to 8.2. Maybe horde will get their own exclusive mini-question like the alliance did on the broken shore
    1. Alliance mini-quest on Broken Shore was the counterpart to the Horde-only "Sylvanas becomes Warchief" cinematic that was part of the Legion prepatch. Yes, Alliance got a few quests and some extra Artifact Power, but the point of that story was to show the cinematic, and Horde had its counterpart shown months before that.

    2. BfA has given the Horde a lot of extra questlines without an Alliance counterpart, including:
    - Summoning Vol'jin's spirit and receiving the quest to kill G'huun, culminating in Talanji showing Vol'jin glaive with G'huun's blood to the Zandalari.
    - Saurfang questline where you track him and have the choice to side with him or Sylvanas.
    - Investigating Vol'jin's death and why he appointed Sylvanas as warchief, guest-starring the Lich King and Eyir.

    No to mention all the Saurfang cinematics.

    And I bet the Horde-exclusive stuff won't end there.
    Whatever...

  3. #7523
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    40,857
    Speaking of that cinematic, I wonder if Blizzard wasn't hinting anything about Outland when Saurfang mentioning it in comparison to the Horde(As in dying).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  4. #7524
    I am Murloc! Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    5,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Speaking of that cinematic, I wonder if Blizzard wasn't hinting anything about Outland when Saurfang mentioning it in comparison to the Horde(As in dying).
    Cinematic gets me hype everytime! Just that feeling of "setting things right" as Thrall picks up and puts the axe over his shoulder with that small grin from Saurfang.

    The descriptions used for Outland were "looks good, but it's wrong, broken, falling apart". You mean Blizzard trying to say Outland is getting worse? Maybe. Nagrand definitely looks to be the least affected besides the floating patches of land. Always reminded me of DBZ worlds in the afterlife.

  5. #7525
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Cinematic gets me hype everytime! Just that feeling of "setting things right" as Thrall picks up and puts the axe over his shoulder with that small grin from Saurfang.

    The descriptions used for Outland were "looks good, but it's wrong, broken, falling apart". You mean Blizzard trying to say Outland is getting worse? Maybe. Nagrand definitely looks to be the least affected besides the floating patches of land. Always reminded me of DBZ worlds in the afterlife.
    Yes, Thrall's reintroduction was nice. I only hope they don't make him green Jesus again, but a part of the team. His interaction with his sister Geya'rah should be interesting if Blizzard cares to do it right.

    Outland falling apart(even if very slowly) was my impression, too. It might be the hint of a future storyline(along with AU Draenor dying), or just a reminder that this place isn't forgotten and that something happens there(as many items starting quests in the Island Expeditions are). One way or another, this place has potential.

  6. #7526
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    The mechagnomess got a ton of custom animations now. Even emotechicken, and for some reason a custom cry emote. Also their laugh emote is amazing. Come to think about it most of their custom emotes are amazing. I really want to see how their voice is different from regular gnomes. Maybe they'll have a british accent, or sound more like junk rat.

    Regardless, they're pretty much confirmed at this point. I hope they get an interesting class option at least to make them more worthwhile playing, like shaman or druid
    They also seem to have modified idle animations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

  7. #7527
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    40,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    Yes, Thrall's reintroduction was nice. I only hope they don't make him green Jesus again, but a part of the team. His interaction with his sister Geya'rah should be interesting if Blizzard cares to do it right.

    Outland falling apart(even if very slowly) was my impression, too. It might be the hint of a future storyline(along with AU Draenor dying), or just a reminder that this place isn't forgotten and that something happens there(as many items starting quests in the Island Expeditions are). One way or another, this place has potential.
    Ideally Outland is still relevant in the story but background or they'll do something with it. Weather Blizzard intended to bring attention to the place is another matter. And yes I liked Thrall's introduction(Even as Alliance) minus the tinfoil hat theories that came about from this cinematic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  8. #7528
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Speaking of that cinematic, I wonder if Blizzard wasn't hinting anything about Outland when Saurfang mentioning it in comparison to the Horde(As in dying).
    Outland has been dying all this time, it doesn't mean it will crumble suddenly, it will take a long while.

    Saurfang just used it as metaphor to say it's may look right, but it isn't.
    Whatever...

  9. #7529
    I am Murloc! Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    5,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    Yes, Thrall's reintroduction was nice. I only hope they don't make him green Jesus again, but a part of the team. His interaction with his sister Geya'rah should be interesting if Blizzard cares to do it right.

    Outland falling apart(even if very slowly) was my impression, too. It might be the hint of a future storyline(along with AU Draenor dying), or just a reminder that this place isn't forgotten and that something happens there(as many items starting quests in the Island Expeditions are). One way or another, this place has potential.
    I don't think they'll "green Jesus" him again, he says in the cinematic he won't lead the Horde again. I think it's more that for the Horde specifically, there's probably going to major looking into how a Warchief is selected, if they even continue with that style. At least, that is my take from the little breadcrumbs Blizzard is leaving us. I could be totally wrong.

    Your mention of the Islands quests reminds me that I need to take a deeper dive again into the lore that's occurring in BFA. I was so busy with school, but now have much more time (albeit still a little busy). I gotta get back into the game and see what's up.

  10. #7530
    Is the upcoming raid meant to be the Antorus of BFA? It feels more like the Tomb of BFA but the reason I ask is because if we still have one big final raid to wait for in BFA, that would make BFA essentially longer than Legion which feels surprising to me considering Legion was really great and while I personally have enjoyed BFA, it hasn't gone over as well with the playerbase in general.

    Emerald nightmare - Uldir
    Nighthold - Battle for Dazar'alor
    Trial of Valor - Crucible (i know ToV was before NH but putting these next to each other cause they're mini raids)
    Tomb of Sargeras - Eternal Palace
    Antorus - ??

  11. #7531
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Is the upcoming raid meant to be the Antorus of BFA? It feels more like the Tomb of BFA but the reason I ask is because if we still have one big final raid to wait for in BFA, that would make BFA essentially longer than Legion which feels surprising to me considering Legion was really great and while I personally have enjoyed BFA, it hasn't gone over as well with the playerbase in general.

    Emerald nightmare - Uldir
    Nighthold - Battle for Dazar'alor
    Trial of Valor - Crucible (i know ToV was before NH but putting these next to each other cause they're mini raids)
    Tomb of Sargeras - Eternal Palace
    Antorus - ??
    Err sure.. lad? :P Anyone besides Nyel would now after Ions statement that we will see, who the endboss of BfA, when we fought Azshara and saw her Cinematic.

    They just want to play the suprise card plus maybe and big "Wow!"-moment.

  12. #7532
    I doubt the final boss will surprise me much. Because I'm pretty sure the final big bad of BfA is N'zoth himself.

  13. #7533
    Would suck, yeah. But maybe the introduction of his Raid and content zone will be awesome enough like the Argus reveal.

    I still hope while the chains break an N'Zoth breaks free, that then a "Wrathgate-Suprise" will show up and we have to let N'Zoth go, since we got weakend by Azshara sucking our Azerite and the forces on Nazjatar being generally to weak to fight and follow him.


    And by the way, does anyone wonder what Nathanos is doing while we etablish our camp in the Nazjatar Intro Questline?
    Last edited by Alga; 2019-05-25 at 12:23 AM.

  14. #7534
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post

    <snip>

    And by the way, does anyone wonder what Nathanos is doing while we etablish our camp in the Nazjatar Intro Questline?

    I guess working on Sylvanas's plan, as he walks off into the water wall with Xal'atath in hand right after we 'arrive' at Nazjatar, saying he's got a mission to do. Maybe the intro-cinematic is going to explain it a bit more?

  15. #7535
    I hope. Also I wonder if Ashvane is on the ship aswell.

  16. #7536
    Ashvane being there would be kind of strange, I think she'll show up in Nazjatar, because she went there ahead of the rest to lay a trap for both the Alliance and the Horde disloyals. I mean, the player and the important NPCs know she's on Sylvanas's side, but what would the grunts think about a Kul Tiran being on the ship and then attacking them later? That would just mean they'd think Sylvanas lost control of her, which may be bad optics that can be avoided.

    On the other hand, maybe she's got some trick too that she needs to perform for the fleet to actually arrive where it's supposed to go, so who knows really?

  17. #7537
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    On the other hand, maybe she's got some trick too that she needs to perform for the fleet to actually arrive where it's supposed to go, so who knows really?
    It's Xal'atath that guides the Horde fleet to the right place.
    Whatever...

  18. #7538
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    It's Xal'atath that guides the Horde fleet to the right place.
    Yes, I know. I was just thinking about an excuse for Ashvane to be there on the Horde ship itself. ^^

  19. #7539
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Yes, I know. I was just thinking about an excuse for Ashvane to be there on the Horde ship itself. ^^
    Was Ashvane in the Horde ship?

    I thought she just had appeared in Nazjatar for no reason...

    Come to think of it, Ashvane seems like a plot point disconnected from the rest of the story. Why Sylvanas sprung her out of prison if in the end it's Xal'atath that leads the fleet to Azshara?
    Whatever...

  20. #7540
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Was Ashvane in the Horde ship?

    I thought she just had appeared in Nazjatar for no reason...

    Come to think of it, Ashvane seems like a plot point disconnected from the rest of the story. Why Sylvanas sprung her out of prison if in the end it's Xal'atath that leads the fleet to Azshara?
    No, she wasn't but the poster above me was wondering if she'd be there and even though I think it would not make sense for her to be on the ship, maybe Blizz want to show her coming with us.

    My guess is she is a trap for the Alliance and the Horde disloyal and was the best for that job because of her deal with Azshara.
    But maybe they'll still explain it a bit more, because for now she's not really useful and doesn't actually need to be there at all... except as a raid boss, but that could have been done without Sylvanas breaking her out of prison. Have the Naga break her out in a small questline when their 'big' attacks begin for both sides to see and you have the same result.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •