1. #7581
    Oh cool! I just found out we will see Ozumat again in Nazjatar. Too bad that he seems to play no big role.

  2. #7582
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Oh cool! I just found out we will see Ozumat again in Nazjatar. Too bad that he seems to play no big role.
    That seems to be the running theme for Nazjatar.
    Characters who should be there are missing in favor of new characters with no prior buildup.

  3. #7583
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    40,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That seems to be the running theme for Nazjatar.
    Characters who should be there are missing in favor of new characters with no prior buildup.
    In all fairness, Tyrande wouldn't bother working with her Nightborne counterpart(No way in hell if she was the Night Warrior, she'd sooner fight).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  4. #7584
    Considering the Horde and Alliance are both temporarily on a truce in Nazjatar, I see why they didn't bring in Tyrande. She became the avatar of vengeance to fight the Horde, and I still think she's pissed over the uhh.. tree thing.

  5. #7585
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    In all fairness, Tyrande wouldn't bother working with her Nightborne counterpart(No way in hell if she was the Night Warrior, she'd sooner fight).
    I am more so talking about my naga Waifu Nar'jira

    Not like adding her would be such a massive lore problem anyways.
    Just rename the first boss to Nar'jira and give some handwavey explanation of how she did not use magic until she got her crabperson form.

    - - - Updated - - -

    There is also the fact that Blizz could at least have given us Umbric as well. At least then we have parity in the number of important elves who should have some interest in Nazjatar on each side. And not 2 leaders on Horde side with loads of motivation and 1 night elf b-list character on Alliance.
    Suppose i should be happy Blizz at least gave us Shandris. given the treatment Blizz has given night elves in BfA with the tiny exception of the cool cinematic in 8.1 i could easily assume Blizz had forgotten they existed.

  6. #7586
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    40,893
    Yeah Nar'jira not being there would of been nice for those that remember that Vash'ir questline(I still do). Umbric always strikes me as some nervous dude who REALLY wants to impress us with his Elves(Void elves) and not screw up. I dunno, I feel bad for him. If some speculation I've seen is true, something IS happening aside from N'zoth coming up to say hi.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  7. #7587
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah Nar'jira not being there would of been nice for those that remember that Vash'ir questline(I still do). Umbric always strikes me as some nervous dude who REALLY wants to impress us with his Elves(Void elves) and not screw up. I dunno, I feel bad for him. If some speculation I've seen is true, something IS happening aside from N'zoth coming up to say hi.
    I mean. I can come up with a different name and boss descrption of the first boss taht adds Nar'jira in a totally satisfactory way:

    Nar'jira, the twice-exalted

    Not every naga transformed in Azshara's bargain kept their original abilities. Na'jira, a highly regarded student of Thalyssra was one such unfortunate soul.
    Though unlike other failed naga, Nar'jira woved to regain the favor she once enjoyed from her queen. And focusing on her skills with a weapon, she slowly climbed back up the ranks.
    As a reward for her dutiful service, she has been given a new form. With her newly regianed magical abilities, she is a more potent threat tthan ever before.
    She awaits in the Eternal Palace, ready to strike down those who would oppose her queen, and the dark master she follows.


    As for further story. I do want to have some hope that Blizz will actually let Night elves get their vengeance. They can talk as much as they want about how they got it, but last time i checked, vengeance is counterattacking, not regaining a foothold. It is not like the Alliance got over Varian's death because Westfall got retaken from the Legion in one of the many invasions.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2019-05-28 at 07:07 PM.

  8. #7588
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    3,500
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Are you actually saying that The Broken Shore with a coat of paint is a good way to portray Nazjatar in game? After all this time?
    This is a truly astonishingly weak argument. Like I'm literally blown away that someone actually sat down, typed that, and thought "This will convince people that I am right!" or even "This adequately sums up my position!". It's far worse even than "It's basically Argus".

    We shall see how Nazjatar actually plays out on release. I have zero faith in "content creators" (ugh) and their views on anything, because they have zero vested interested in giving completely honest and straightforward takes on things, as that will never get as many clicks, likes, and subs as sneering, moaning, dramatizing, or otherwise playing stuff up. You can even get good mileage out of the "I WAS WRONG!" narrative, and we've seen WoW-related YouTubers do that before - downhype something then say it was actually good, or vice-versa. So when it's out, and we've been playing it for a month or so, we'll have a good idea of whether it's actually decent.

    It may not be ground-breaking, but as others have correctly pointed out, no major figures in WoW have really been associated "ground-breaking" content that I'm aware of, and many have been associated with some pretty awful shit. This sounds pretty solid at least.

    Also I too join the ranks of people mystified by what's wrong with "naysayers". Perhaps one day the mystery will be revealed!

  9. #7589
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    40,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    This is a truly astonishingly weak argument. Like I'm literally blown away that someone actually sat down, typed that, and thought "This will convince people that I am right!" or even "This adequately sums up my position!". It's far worse even than "It's basically Argus".

    We shall see how Nazjatar actually plays out on release. I have zero faith in "content creators" (ugh) and their views on anything, because they have zero vested interested in giving completely honest and straightforward takes on things, as that will never get as many clicks, likes, and subs as sneering, moaning, dramatizing, or otherwise playing stuff up. You can even get good mileage out of the "I WAS WRONG!" narrative, and we've seen WoW-related YouTubers do that before - downhype something then say it was actually good, or vice-versa. So when it's out, and we've been playing it for a month or so, we'll have a good idea of whether it's actually decent.

    It may not be ground-breaking, but as others have correctly pointed out, no major figures in WoW have really been associated "ground-breaking" content that I'm aware of, and many have been associated with some pretty awful shit. This sounds pretty solid at least.

    Also I too join the ranks of people mystified by what's wrong with "naysayers". Perhaps one day the mystery will be revealed!
    Oddly enough Belluar is more positive towards the patch if that means anything but he always seemed more chill then....others. Having said that I look forward to Nazjatar, flaws and all.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  10. #7590
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Oddly enough Belluar is more positive towards the patch if that means anything but he always seemed more chill then....others. Having said that I look forward to Nazjatar, flaws and all.
    I am also looking forward to it. The raid looks like fun, and the mail set is actually something i want to gather for once.
    Currently experiencing the burnout i usually get in each WoW expansion, (In Legion i experienced this during 7.2) so it is hard to summon too much enthusiasm.

    I feel like the biggest mistake i have made with WoW though is getting into PTR. It mostly just deflates my enthusiasm over time as i consciously hold myself back from trying out all the new stuff at once like i would have had i waited until it went live.

    Mostly i just subscribe to the school of thought that negative thoughts breed more negative throughs, and it is much easier to just ignore them instead of dwelling on them.
    Was mostly just the Night elves being ignored in this patch which for all intents and purposes is about them. Kind of like if Argus was about Orcs and Humans heroically making a stand against the Legion, instead of, you know, having Draenei reacting to seeing their homeworld again.

  11. #7591
    Pit Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    2,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    This is a truly astonishingly weak argument. Like I'm literally blown away that someone actually sat down, typed that, and thought "This will convince people that I am right!" or even "This adequately sums up my position!". It's far worse even than "It's basically Argus".
    It's really futile to discuss stuff with him. He comes out of a ban, spews hate about everything and, shortly after, gets banned again. He became a curio attraction of sorts here.

    Infracted {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-05-28 at 11:23 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  12. #7592
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    3,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Oddly enough Belluar is more positive towards the patch if that means anything but he always seemed more chill then....others. Having said that I look forward to Nazjatar, flaws and all.
    Yeah Bellular always seems a bit mellow, and that means I'm actually able to watch his videos, but even he plays the game a bit, just in a more reserved way. And Talesin and Evitel are rarely over the top, so I am painting with a broad brush, but there are a lot of WoW streamers and some video-makers (many currently playing Classic) who live for drama and overstatement and so on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It's really futile to discuss stuff with him. He comes out of a ban, spews hate about everything and, shortly after, gets banned again. He became a curio attraction of sorts here.
    Ahhh interesting. I was just really struck by how amazingly weak that argument was.

    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    It's "more of the same" and when the same is BfA - then it's just not good enough. They had a real opportunity to salvage this expansion with 8.2 and they've missed the mark. No doom and gloom here, just reality.
    Nah. Comparing Nazjatar to a reskin of Darkshore shows you aren't providing any "reality" here. You destroyed your argument by revealing how little you believed in it.

  13. #7593
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    26,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I feel like the biggest mistake i have made with WoW though is getting into PTR. It mostly just deflates my enthusiasm over time as i consciously hold myself back from trying out all the new stuff at once like i would have had i waited until it went live..
    That's my reason for staying out of the PTR. Same with Beta access. I'll examine some things like animations, mount models and such to report possible issues, but I never play the PTR/Beta as I do live. No leveling, no story spoilers, nothing.

    You clearly have the kind of insight that others lack in regards to how they play.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Funny how silent MMO-C becomes when you put the obvious Incels on ignore...

  14. #7594
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    40,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    That's my reason for staying out of the PTR. Same with Beta access. I'll examine some things like animations, mount models and such to report possible issues, but I never play the PTR/Beta as I do live. No leveling, no story spoilers, nothing.

    You clearly have the kind of insight that others lack in regards to how they play.
    I don't touch PTR, haven't done that since....Mist I think Even then I barely touched it. Best to not do the PTR stuff IMO. I know PTR is necessary and all that but let the few test and the rest of us wait patiently until its released.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  15. #7595
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    26,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't touch PTR, haven't done that since....Mist I think Even then I barely touched it. Best to not do the PTR stuff IMO. I know PTR is necessary and all that but let the few test and the rest of us wait patiently until its released.
    Yeah, there are those people able to play PTR (or Beta) like they would Live and still not feeling burnout once the stuff is released. I leave the bulk of testing to those whippersnappers!
    But I will 100% log in and scrutinize the new Worgen/Goblin Models. Hoo boy, will I stare at them to find flaws! O____O
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Funny how silent MMO-C becomes when you put the obvious Incels on ignore...

  16. #7596
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Most in this thread would eat shit if there was a Blizzard logo on the plate
    Can't you ever just once argue in a mature manner without resorting to insulting players who enjoy a game you don't? How have you stayed this toxic?
    No Lives Matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, Antifa are the real heroes.

  17. #7597
    Bloodsail Admiral moosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    im not a druid
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How have you stayed this toxic?
    It's impressive, really. Maybe he struggles with what occurs in his life and vents his frustration on this site. There is no other reason to be so hateful.

  18. #7598
    You know, I know what happened with the WoD model update kind of sucked in that the Blood Elves didn't make the launch. But the fact that they were able to update every classic race as well as the Draenei with WoD launch was an admirable achievement. (And well, considering the expansion was on Draenor… the Draenei kind of did have to take priority over the Blood Elves. And the Blood Elf update still released during the expansion.) I know some people like to whine that it was a cop out, but it was a massive amount of work. And as slightly annoyed as I've been that it's taken them this long to finally get to the goblins and worgen, I'm glad it is finally happening.

  19. #7599
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    17,642
    Are Pandaren now the lowest quality models?

  20. #7600
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    40,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Are Pandaren now the lowest quality models?
    Playable yes(Outside of the Druid cheetah form).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •