Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well just rename 8.2 to "Rise (and Fall) of Azshara"...
    "Rollercoaster of Azshara"?

I spent a decent amount of time playing the PTR this weekend.

Mechagon is pretty boring. Timeless Isle worked because of the mobs actually being dangerous and the rares having interesting items. So far I have not seen that many collectibles from rares in Mechagon though. I am also afraid 8.2 will be Rise of the Fishing Bots because the fastest (though you'll get banned) way to get done with Mechagon is probably to just fish bot for sentry fish. The zone is kind of ugly as well. There are a lot of events but they take so many spare parts to unlock them. The zone might work much better with a LOT of people in it to keep everything active though.

Naz'jatar is pretty solid. The Azshara summons are deadlier than most world bosses, the rares are dangerous and you need to keep their abilities in mind at all times. One thing I dislike is how all rare mob rewards you in two steps (they drop a quest starter item and you need to do a second event to get your rep and pearl reward). Again with many people in the zone and rares going down faster this might be better. The zone is a massive pain without flight though; getting flight ASAP should be your goal in 8.2

Also the new tech for loading screen images needs work.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I spent a decent amount of time playing the PTR this weekend.

Mechagon is pretty boring. Timeless Isle worked because of the mobs actually being dangerous and the rares having interesting items. So far I have not seen that many collectibles from rares in Mechagon though. I am also afraid 8.2 will be Rise of the Fishing Bots because the fastest (though you'll get banned) way to get done with Mechagon is probably to just fish bot for sentry fish. The zone is kind of ugly as well. There are a lot of events but they take so many spare parts to unlock them. The zone might work much better with a LOT of people in it to keep everything active though.

Naz'jatar is pretty solid. The Azshara summons are deadlier than most world bosses, the rares are dangerous and you need to keep their abilities in mind at all times. One thing I dislike is how all rare mob rewards you in two steps (they drop a quest starter item and you need to do a second event to get your rep and pearl reward). Again with many people in the zone and rares going down faster this might be better. The zone is a massive pain without flight though; getting flight ASAP should be your goal in 8.2

Also the new tech for loading screen images needs work.
    The basic gist i got from Mechagon at least is that it is Blizzard trying to recreate timeless isle to see what made it good, and i suppose from that perspective it kinda works, i have not taken part in many of the events there as i have bee ntrying to pace myself, but the feeling i got is that it will serve perfectly well as a infinite grind zone.

Personally i feel like what made Timeless isle work so well though is less the gameplay features tehre and more the ambience, the jade forest ambience soundtrack was very effective at lulling you into a feeling of comfort that let you easily "turn off" and grind mindlessly. (Personally i grinded the tigers for what must have been weeks)

Nazjatar is more the usual patch zone, and just like with Mechagon, it feels like this is Blizz trying to figure out what mechanics worked before and how, not sure how effective it will be until it goes live and we actually get to play it "properly" and not with a feeling that what we do there is meaningless because our guildmates is not there or whatever.

First timei have heard of new loading screen tech though, care to elaborate so i can check?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The basic gist i got from Mechagon at least is that it is Blizzard trying to recreate timeless isle to see what made it good, and i suppose from that perspective it kinda works, i have not taken part in many of the events there as i have bee ntrying to pace myself, but the feeling i got is that it will serve perfectly well as a infinite grind zone.

Personally i feel like what made Timeless isle work so well though is less the gameplay features tehre and more the ambience, the jade forest ambience soundtrack was very effective at lulling you into a feeling of comfort that let you easily "turn off" and grind mindlessly. (Personally i grinded the tigers for what must have been weeks)

Nazjatar is more the usual patch zone, and just like with Mechagon, it feels like this is Blizz trying to figure out what mechanics worked before and how, not sure how effective it will be until it goes live and we actually get to play it "properly" and not with a feeling that what we do there is meaningless because our guildmates is not there or whatever.

First timei have heard of new loading screen tech though, care to elaborate so i can check?
    They have split off the background from the image into two separate parts I think? Check Marlamin's posts on it earlier in this thread. Problem is that the image is not scaled properly to the background and it just looks weird.

As for Naz'jatar I am cautiously optimistic about it. At least for the first couple of months it will be reasonably dangerous for non-Mythic raiders (and hell for low ilvl alts or specs that are crap at solo) and the rares are hard enough to be a reasonable challenge even for a group. The gear rewards will also draw a lot of people there so it will be very social.

And the War Mode event in Naz'jatar will likely go great. The reward structure works and it will be very busy. Only issue is that the capture points are so far apart. It will work very differently once flying is enabled (but because it works with capture points, pvp will be unavoidable). My only issue is War Mode on the first week when everyone tries to get the initial achievement and people will be ganking others when they are facing multiple mobs and low on health.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    They have split off the background from the image into two separate parts I think? Check Marlamin's posts on it earlier in this thread. Problem is that the image is not scaled properly to the background and it just looks weird.

As for Naz'jatar I am cautiously optimistic about it. At least for the first couple of months it will be reasonably dangerous for non-Mythic raiders (and hell for low ilvl alts or specs that are crap at solo) and the rares are hard enough to be a reasonable challenge even for a group. The gear rewards will also draw a lot of people there so it will be very social.

And the War Mode event in Naz'jatar will likely go great. The reward structure works and it will be very busy. Only issue is that the capture points are so far apart. It will work very differently once flying is enabled (but because it works with capture points, pvp will be unavoidable). My only issue is War Mode on the first week when everyone tries to get the initial achievement and people will be ganking others when they are facing multiple mobs and low on health.
    So it's pretty much built like Argus was?
    I struggled killing rares with my new alts all the way up to Legion's end, and the zones remained highly populated (never a problem getting groups for rares) until then as well. If they pull that off with Nazjatar (since it soort of kind of failed a bit for Broken Shore), that would be awesome!
    And that's before considering what Mechagon shall be like. :d
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Banner pending.
    Can you magine being born an allergic to birch-pollen in the City of Birches? Because I can...

Holy crap ... 7000+ replies in this thread?
    I haven't been following it, but that is WAY too many to go through and find out what all the hype/anger is about ...
    Can anyone summarize what's driving this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    I haven't been following it, but that is WAY too many to go through and find out what all the hype/anger is about ...
    There's mostly not anger, although some of the usual suspects do their best to peak their heads in to try and stir shit.
    People with an interest in where the story and the game is going drive this thread. Simple as that, really.
    Banner pending.
    Can you magine being born an allergic to birch-pollen in the City of Birches? Because I can...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I would prefer the latter, not a good look if Azshara dies in a patch called "Rise of Azshara"

I can only hope.
    Maybe that's what Sylvanas is looking for when she send us there, so we can slay her...

Only for her to end the expansion with "RISE AZSHARA" as she transform her into an undead.

Also wasn't it mentioned by Ion some montsh ago in an Interview, that we will have to see about a twist surrounding Azshara? Currently I dont see a Twist.

Ah.. found it:"When asked about Azshara's role in the conflict between the Alliance and Horde, Ion emphasized that she will play a major role, with a surprising turn of events we won't expect."
    Last edited by Alga; 2019-06-03 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Also wasn't it mentioned by Ion some montsh ago in an Interview, that we will have to see about a twist surrounding Azshara? Currently I dont see a Twist.

Ah.. found it:"When asked about Azshara's role in the conflict between the Alliance and Horde, Ion emphasized that she will play a major role, with a surprising turn of events we won't expect."
    As much as I'd love to see this turn of events be something like "Azshara is Garrosh's Mother" or something crazy like that, my true hope is that we find out what Sylvanas has been working towards this whole time and it's something more than N'Zoth...enough so perhaps to move him out of 8.3 and into a Black Empire 9.0 expansion. A guy can dream, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    As much as I'd love to see this turn of events be something like "Azshara is Garrosh's Mother" or something crazy like that, my true hope is that we find out what Sylvanas has been working towards this whole time and it's something more than N'Zoth...enough so perhaps to move him out of 8.3 and into a Black Empire 9.0 expansion. A guy can dream, yes?
    My opinion still is, N'Zoth could free himself and will went straight into hiding, don't ask how, but as he is prisoned down in this black hole.. I don't think he has a fortress down there and wants to stay at this place. Also N'Zoth is more a tactician than a warmonger. He planned something like this over the span of 10k+ so why just risk everything if there is as crazy Banshee out in the world with your weapon, which could weaken the world even more.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    A guy and a girl can dream, and a Black Empire expansion would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.
    But knowing Blizzard, the next expansion could just as easily be "Wrath of the Lich Queen, updated Northrend included!!"... <.<
    Banner pending.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Frankly, most of the early pages are largely irrelevant now, so you're not missing much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post

If there really is (meant to be) a twist, they kinda have to keep it under wraps until the patch actually releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    So it's pretty much built like Argus was?
    I struggled killing rares with my new alts all the way up to Legion's end, and the zones remained highly populated (never a problem getting groups for rares) until then as well. If they pull that off with Nazjatar (since it soort of kind of failed a bit for Broken Shore), that would be awesome!
    And that's before considering what Mechagon shall be like. :d
    No, it's much harder than Argus. E.g. Alanza is a world quest rare that is not even considered a group rare (no option to automatically go to the group finder). On my 408 Prot Paladin her charged shot which was unavoidable could take away half my health and she also had an AoE stun and a channeled heal that while interruptible would tick every second for like 5% of her 4mil health (and she tended to use it right after the stun). I did kill her when a mythic geared mage showed up to help but the first time I tried it would have taken forever. A group of low ilvl players would just get oneshot by her stun/charged shot
    Mind you I am not complaining I want it to be challenging but I think in part the mobs are just weirdly balanced. I might grab a large group of normal mobs and not break a sweat and then the next group can be nearly impossible. Like the Makrura who have a healer with a large shield (that protects from interrupts) and a heal which means you need to interrupt both but they are also in an area with the hammerclaws who have both a knockback and a stun and the commanders who have thorns and extra health. None of these are even elite. Non-tanks will just have to pull carefully and not grab more than a couple at a time unless they have exceptional gear and/or the skill to handle them (e.g. AoE kiting will probably work)
    Argus was just not dangerous unless you run into the area that was buffed as elite for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Frankly, most of the early pages are largely irrelevant now, so you're not missing much.

- - - Updated - - -

If there really is (meant to be) a twist, they kinda have to keep it under wraps until the patch actually releases.
    Its from:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=291015/...ass-diversity-

When asked about Azshara's role in the conflict between the Alliance and Horde, Ion emphasized that she will play a major role, with a surprising turn of events we won't expect.
    But... so far there is nothing we won't expect. Could be a case of "But was it Sylvanas?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Its from:

But... so far there is nothing we won't expect. Could be a case of "But was it Sylvanas?!"
    You guys do realise the surprising turn of events will be her managing to release N'Zoth, right?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaron View Post
    While I wouldn't mind some harder world content either, we all know that i won't stay like this. Not the first time mobs are much harder on the PTR and get nerfed before the patch goes live. Imagine the uproar on the forums, if the zone wouldn't be doable without grouping.
    The idea imo is that for both Naz'jatar and Mechagon, Blizzard is depending on many players being in the zone at any time and few objectives being up simultaneously. When Azshara summons the big world mobs that are essentially world bosses and do crazy damage, most of the zone will be on them within minutes because the rewards are good. Same with rares, people will grind them for the rep to get flying ASAP (you NEED flying ASAP, Naz'jatar is just not a zone you want to navigate on the ground because the mob density in some areas is insane). And even if the rares were not as deadly, they simply have too much health for someone to do them solo. Even a mythic dps would need to spend quite some time to deal with 4mil mobs that have shields and can heal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    You guys do realise the surprising turn of events will be her managing to release N'Zoth, right?
    Yup, by Blizzard's standards that is "surprising"

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    It will be much as a surprising turn as Draenor is Free and Sylvanas burning Teldrassil
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Really, what did i just say?

Yup, by Blizzard's standards that is "surprising"
    If they really wanted something surprising, we'd beat the fight and there'd be a celebratory cutscene... only for the illusion we were under to fade away, revealing us standing in the middle of a pile of our own allies' corpses.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton