Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Talking about context and then stating Classic is... new? lol
    Not surprising that you completely failed to grasp what I mean by new. What I mean by new is that Blizzard is now re-releasing the original game. There has not been an official blizzard version of this game in over a deacde. BFA has been out now for almost a year and the current patch has been live for months. Blizzard just open up beta servers for the game that hasn't been officialy out for over a decade. Therefore, the classic content is now new. So, of course more people are going to stream the game that was just brought back after over a decade than current version which almost all players are waiting for the new patch to come.

Get it now?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Nah, it was posted before he said that. I think it was even posted before his first post on this matter, but i'm to lazy to check.
    Ah I see, I hadn't checked the news time vs his comment, just went off the posters commenting after his post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Considering Bfa is just a slightly better WoD because of the content introduced in Legion, it's not exactly a great feat.
    I feel like Legion was great because there was more single player content that didn't require grouping. Going through the class hall storylines, doing the actually rewarding mission tables, unlocking new skins for your artifact weapons. Each class that you decide to play adds onto this. I used to just play on a single main until Legion, but in that expansion I actually leveled up other classes to play them and experience their class stories and etc. I still only had time to pug raid normals and heroic on 1 character though.

In BFA, since they toned it down to just "1 horde 1 ally to see it all" they severely reduced content for single players, especially with vastly unrewarding mission tables (they're likely on their way out).

To me it's why BFA feels like a let-down compared to Legion. Not enough different content for the solo player to do. Your BFA experience on an alliance mage vs alliance priest is going to be pretty much exactly the same other than class gameplay.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcodio View Post
    Last 3 weeks on twitch and here are proving already this, Classic is currently moving more interest that 8.2.

Plus 0 info regarding 8.2 in the last weeks meanwhile classic even if it is a 15 y old still have more blue post than 8.2.

And the fact that you got your ovaries exploding only because they said " end of season 2 soon "

It is the proof that people are way beyond the thirsty critical point for Live.
    Classic's only merit above new content for Live is that it's been put out there whilst they've kept the lid on news for Live. If Classic was their prio, they'd play that game the reverse way. Instead they go "Here, have Classic Beta as a consolation prize for a few weeks, knock yourselves out!".

Thirst for 8.2 = interest, many of the streamers currently on Classic Beta maintain that Live will always be their priority. Classic will be old and stagnant whilst the live (Alive) game moves forward, so let's not pretend that this is anything but a storm in a very VERY small glass.

You people love to proclaim that BfA is failing, but it simply isn't. A failed product = one which isn't profitable due to lack of interest. The constant outrage seen on social media in regards to the game is a constant, not new as of BfA. The current expansion is always "literally the worst", the game is always a failure. Yet it makes absolute bank, even without customers? Doesn't compute.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-06-12 at 03:24 PM.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Number of retail servers listed at High/Full in EU alone; 79.
    That's up by 13 since I last counted them in 8.2, and more than Classic has in total server count. Retail servers have higher pop capacity. Just a note to combat "ClAsSiC hAs AlL TeH PlAyErS"-derps.

Lovely to see this thread devolve into yet another Classic vs Retail debate, as if they were ever more than people exchanging childish cries of 'what I prefer is objectively better'.

On the one hand, the fault is with Blizz for permitting this drought over what seems yet another mediocre patch. On the other, get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Classic's only merit above new content for Live is that it's been put out there whilst they've kept the lid on news for Live.

Thirst for 8.2 = interest, many of the streamers currently on Classic Beta maintain that Live will always be their priority. Classic will be old and stagnant whilst the live (alive) game moves forward, so let's not pretend that this is anything but a storm in a very VERY small glass.
    Nobody will leave Live for Classic as streamer.

Classic merit is just show things that BfA but more precisely 9.0 need to evaluate because if a lot of people / streamer that gave legit criticism ( not Asmongold and friends ) about BfA, are enjoy Classic not only because it is the " new thing " but because has something "more" than BfA in its own " scarcity "

There is something to change.

And as I am hyped for 8.2, still remain the fact that 8.2 needs to be really good to make us forget pre-8.2 and hold us through all the summer and the classic release

As other pointed out 8.2 is basically the test, the " make it or break it "

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    Lovely to see this thread devolve into yet another Classic vs Retail debate, as if they were ever more than people exchanging childish cries of 'what I prefer is objectively better'.

On the one hand, the fault is with Blizz for permitting this drought over what seems yet another mediocre patch. On the other, get a grip.
    That's what happens when the thread stagnates.
    The usual suspects don't enjoy partaking in positive discussion, but leave the thread stagnating from a lack of news and they'll hover to infest.

It'll be back to normal soon enough.
    That's up by 13 since I last counted them in 8.2, and more than Classic has in total server count. Retail servers have higher pop capacity. Just a note to combat "ClAsSiC hAs AlL TeH PlAyErS"-derps.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post

But that is the point.

Nor BfA nor Classic is better than the other overall, each own is better in different things.

Blizzard can't touch Classic BUT can use Classic as a test to check if something in Classic can be introduce or re-inteoduced in Live because Live lacks it and people want it. ( Cough tiers )

All of this can become a problem if Blizzard is holding 8.2 too much while Classic is under the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Updates on the PTR seems very sparse now, given the announcement, i guess we can expect a release candidate next week. All the updates at the moment seems to be tiny balancing changes, nothing major.
    It's long overdue by now, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiPlays View Post
    Not sure about that, but I can't imagine, that they ever released a patch with less than one week notice in advance (which would be the case then). Did that ever happen?
    Quoting another poster to showcase it:

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    oh it annoys me too, i have been 50 for OVER a month, and have 18 caches waiting for 8.2

but i rather them not make it give gold or something, cause then people will metagame ways to get azerite like islands and then find for sure some super OP way to farm gold.

and with 8.2 literally any day now, i really dont mind too much.
    (7.2 was announced 5 days before its launch, 7.3 6 days. so 8.2 could be announced any day now literally)

Quote Originally Posted by Porcodio View Post
    Blizzard can't touch Classic BUT can use Classic as a test to check if something in Classic can be introduce or re-inteoduced in Live because Live lacks it and people want it. ( Cough tiers )
    Just because people like some aspect of Classic, even to the point of actively talking about it, does absolutely not mean it should influence Live/Retail.
    People have interest in Classic because they want to relive old content, for better or worse.
    Live WoW, on the other hand, should stride forward, not try (and likely fail) to replicate some aspect of its old incarnation.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Live WoW, on the other hand, should stride forward, not try (and likely fail) to replicate some aspect of its old incarnation.
    But they could use Classic to make some "modernized" form an old incarnation. Didn't Ion say something to that effect and used the Eyes of the Beast example for Hunters? That would be genuinely surprising to see if it happens.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    But they could use Classic to make some "modernized" form an old incarnation. Didn't Ion say something to that effect and used the Eyes of the Beast example for Hunters? That would be genuinely surprising to see if it happens.
    Depends what one means by that. Usually I see are demands to bring some element of classic but just straight out copy paste instead of trying to refine it from it's arachic classic view(This isn't a slight against the Classic devs, they have a job to recreate classic, tumors and all).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans Makabreska's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Depends what one means by that. Usually I see are demands to bring some element of classic but just straight out copy paste instead of trying to refine it from it's arachic classic view(This isn't a slight against the Classic devs, they have a job to recreate classic, tumors and all).
    And I mainly see demands to remove LFR, CRZ, current talent system etc.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

People will play Classic and realize that it isn't the pinnacle of game design that would've kept this game alive and prospering for 15 years had it only been allowed to remain. Player behaviour shaped the game. Players of 2019 are already compiling optimization guides for Classic. Something unheard of in 2004.

Finally it's about to arrive though, it's been too many years of people romancing it to the skies and back. The jesus portrait meme is so apt it's almost scary.

Herald of the Titans Makabreska's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    People will play Classic and realize that it isn't the pinnacle of game design that would've kept this game alive and prospering for 15 years had it only been allowed to remain. Player behaviour shaped the game. Players of 2019 are already compiling optimization guides for Classic. Something unheard of in 2004.

Finally it's about to arrive though, it's been too many years of people romancing it to the skies and back. The jesus portrait meme is so apt it's almost scary.
    Oh man, I'm looking forward to the flood of "wtf is this?" posts. We've already seen some of it since beta launched.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Kinda happy that horde are evil actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Oh man, I'm looking forward to the flood of "wtf is this?" posts. We've already seen some of it since beta launched.
    Yeah, the "not a bug list" posts compiled by blues speak volumes! The people actually aware of what Classic was, actually wanting that content to return, are happy campers though, and that's what Classic is for, after all. But people believing it'll be some sort of replacement for Live, humbling the developers and spell a rapture of sorts, will be sorely disappointed. And that's what a lot of people seem to be most invested in, using Classic as the proverbial middle finger to the ex-partner, so to speak. Live being their ex.

"Classic is twice the woman err I mean, GAME of Live!!"...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-06-12 at 07:50 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiPlays View Post
    What exactly is your purpose on these forums?
    Pot stirrer.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Yeah typically it is just "bring this back as it was 100%" but that's not what I'm talking about. What I mean is take some elemental from Classic, find what made it fun, then see if some new form of it can be made that melds with the modern context of the game Current WoW is today.

A much more complex task, that may not even be done. But if Blizzard could pull it off, it could do add really well to the game.

I mean, I'm sure there are some things people miss, that can be discovered as a middle-ground between what it was in Vanilla vs what we have today in Current WoW.

Like leveling for example. Leveling is frankly very boring in Current WoW, even the developers have agreed as such. Well then, what made it impactful in Vanilla? Most people would say Classic leveling feels good but what about it exactly? Is it the part of getting something each level? Did the rewards fit the pacing? Was it balancing that cadence of moments of "high octane gameplay" (just using as descriptive comparison) with the "relaxed back in town moments"?

Would leveling for instance feel better in WoW if players got some sort of rewards every level similar to how ESO has rewards per level with level milestones?

This is the sort of stuff I'm talking about. Not just straight up "let's revert back exactly as it was" that's clearly stupid. The people who play WoW today aren't all the same people that played, or would even enjoy the type of gameplay that is in Classic. Some might, but clearly not all.

And there is always something with Current WoW that can be better iterated on. Like for instance how Legion did RNG fairly well, but Blizzard tried to go all in with it in BFA and how it is now too much. So we're seeing small returns of things like obtaining currencies for rewards (like the Island Expo coins are now vs the beginning of BFA).

Hope I conveyed this well enough.