1. #8181
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    I understand your thoughts but even with Legion 7.3.5 Argus and the Broken Isles were not that unimportant and we could play either as Lighforged or Nightborne. The war wasn't really dawning at this point and the High Mountains decided to choose for their kind giving up Neutrality and therefor risking conflicts.
    When the Legion allied races came out the players were technically back on Azeroth though. The implication seemed to be that we were in pre-expansion land.
    Even with that, the only one that truly would have clashed completely with the setting would have been LF Draenei, the players had already left the Broken Isles ages ago, in lore, noone but the Hunter order hall and Highmountain tauren were in Highmountain for instance.

    I do see your point though, even if i think the faction divide is far more severe now than it was back in 7.3.5. Back then Sylvanas had not yet burned down Teldrassil. If Mechagnomes join in 8.2.5 then we have to assume they are immediately thrown into the knowledge that the people they just harbored are now their most bitter enemies on account of them commiting genocide, which would not be the first time this was handwaved, but still. A bit of a tough pill to swallow.

    That being said, i would love to be wrong, i would not play Mechagnomes, especially with worgen getting an update and Heritage armor, but i would love that extra bit of content and a higher chance of getting Ankoan in 8.3.5.

  2. #8182
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    When the Legion allied races came out the players were technically back on Azeroth though. The implication seemed to be that we were in pre-expansion land.
    Even with that, the only one that truly would have clashed completely with the setting would have been LF Draenei, the players had already left the Broken Isles ages ago, in lore, noone but the Hunter order hall and Highmountain tauren were in Highmountain for instance.

    I do see your point though, even if i think the faction divide is far more severe now than it was back in 7.3.5. Back then Sylvanas had not yet burned down Teldrassil. If Mechagnomes join in 8.2.5 then we have to assume they are immediately thrown into the knowledge that the people they just harbored are now their most bitter enemies on account of them commiting genocide, which would not be the first time this was handwaved, but still. A bit of a tough pill to swallow.

    That being said, i would love to be wrong, i would not play Mechagnomes, especially with worgen getting an update and Heritage armor, but i would love that extra bit of content and a higher chance of getting Ankoan in 8.3.5.
    And maybe it could be rooted out, that they will accept the Horde on Mechagon for time being if they don't start trouble. They could lorewise increase on watching the Horde, but let them minding ther buisness cause they helped out saving them.

    Also I would say Rustbolt is the important hub on the ground, but I guess Mechagon City still would work as capital and starting zone for the Junker Gnomes. They just could simply don't give Horde lorewise entrance to MG City.
    Last edited by Alga; 2019-06-14 at 05:08 PM.

  3. #8183
    I cant be the only one that wants just reskinned existing races?

  4. #8184
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I could have sworn they specifically mentioned 8.2.5 in response to there being new allied races. Even without that, i stick ot my point regarding Horde presence on Mechagon and Mechagnomes becoming Alliance in the same patch.

    Once 8.2.5 comes out on the PTR we will find out, i guess. Not like i desperately need 8.2.5 to not have any allied races, i would happily like to be proven wrong.
    8.2.5 will definitely be a xontinuing storyarc for Mechagon. Perhaps the incident related to High Mechatorque.

  5. #8185
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    8.2.5 will definitely be a xontinuing storyarc for Mechagon. Perhaps the incident related to High Mechatorque.
    8.2.5 is almost a complete mystery storywise, to be honest. Sure we can sit here and agree all we want that the story has been predictable, but i don't think anyone really knows what is going to happen specifically in 8.2.5 that will veer the story off the course it currently has.

    Also, the more i think about, the more confident i am that Mekkatorque will be defrosted in the Mechagnome allied race scenario.

  6. #8186
    Currently I wonder how they will tease 8.2.5 which is still a significantly smaller patch than 8.2. An own Stream would be nice, but who knows.

  7. #8187

  8. #8188
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Any news on 8.2 release date?
    Nothing confirmed, but all bets seem ot be on 25th.
    Given that The eternal palace is opening 2 weeks later and Blizz will likely take the first week of July off for Independence day, it seems to be the most likely.
    Especially given that it is pretty much complete at this point, all we are missing is the release candidate, which could easily come next week.

    I would be shocked if it came later, especially given that it logically would have to be here the 2nd week of July, which is an absurd amount of time to wait for a patch that is pretty much done.



    On a separate note, anyone else but me so thankful Blizz did not call the raid "Azshara's eternal palace" and stuck to simply "The eternal palace" instead?
    Because i sure am.

  9. #8189
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If Mechagnomes join in 8.2.5 then we have to assume they are immediately thrown into the knowledge that [...]
    You assume that it would be canon that both Horde and Alliance go to Mechagon, and that both assisted the Mecha-Gnomes equally.

  10. #8190
    Epic! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    You assume that it would be canon that both Horde and Alliance go to Mechagon, and that both assisted the Mecha-Gnomes equally.
    Well, it is canon that both Horde and Alliance assisted Nightborn and Highmountain, and we all know how it ended.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-06-14 at 07:04 PM.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  11. #8191
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    You assume that it would be canon that both Horde and Alliance go to Mechagon, and that both assisted the Mecha-Gnomes equally.
    Canon seems to support both Alliance and Horde going ot Mechagon. Or at least Gnomes and Goblins, specifically.
    Had we only seen or interracted with NPCs from our own faction then it would probably only be Alliance that went htere in lore. But i am going to assume that both go there.

  12. #8192
    Looking back it's almost like they were slow rolling 8.2 to try and get the release date as close to the new FFXIV expansion as possible, who could have foreseen this.

  13. #8193


    Looks like patch on tuesday 25.

  14. #8194
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Im thinking the same,

    8.3 for new allied races Vulpera and Rustbolt Gnomes, and hopefully Tinker class. Is a cool thing to reveal at Blizzcon aswell.
    Is it? 5 months till blizzcon + 3 months of ptr testing minimum. We can easly look at 10 months of content drought and another 12 months for expansion release. If thete even will be 8.3.

  15. #8195
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Is it? 5 months till blizzcon + 3 months of ptr testing minimum. We can easly look at 10 months of content drought and another 12 months for expansion release. If thete even will be 8.3.
    What in the world makes you think that? Unless Blizzard had an absolutely massive internal shuffle in hte writing department, BfA will have an 8.3 at least. If we assume a similar scenario as legion where the 3.5 patch is mostly setup for the pre-expansion and a few QoL updates to tide us over until that point, then we have roughly 14 months from now until 9.0 is likely to be released for a measly 4 patches to roll out. If we assume an extremely slow release cycle of 3 months then we still have enough time for a 7.3.5 before the Pre-expansion hits.

    Where in the world od you pick up such a negative attitude to live your life with? I really don't envy you that.

  16. #8196
    Raid opens July 9
    Mage in <TF> on Hyjal

  17. #8197
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogal Dorn View Post


    Looks like patch on tuesday 25.
    So Wednesday on EU.

  18. #8198
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Why would we fight Azuremyst, nightelfs won on Darshore so why would the fight continue there?
    If anything its more like that we fight Ashenvale or Azshara. Maybe Dustwallow...
    It's a curveball, but I think Blizzard is aiming at keeping only a small Alliance presence in Kalimdor, and only a small Horde presence in EK.

    Since the night elves are retaking their lands, I think the Horde, led by the draenei-hating Mag'har, attacking the Myst Isles is an interesting twist. The warfront would have a Draenor vibe, with a draenei (+ lightforged) vs. Iron Horde (+ another Horde race, be it tauren or troll) rematch. Plus, by placing the mag'har in the center of the story, there's also the chance of Thrall meeting Geya'rah and trying to convince the mag'har to fight with the rebels. This could work as some sort of redemption for Thrall as he faces a "pure orc" again.

    Of course, it's wild speculation, but given what I think will be the last patch (Quel'thalas), going for the Myst Isles first would be interesting.

  19. #8199

  20. #8200
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    31,219
    June 25th. Calling it now.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    Classic: Bloodsail Buccaneers - Alliance
    FFXIV: Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)
    "In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •