WOOT! Prediction correct, I'd like to thank the people in this thread for increasing my prediction skills

I recommend you all to watch the Ion thing, it's really good.

and yet again wow release their patches around ffxiv releases

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    and yet again wow release their patches around ffxiv releases
    And yet I'm still going to play the revamped Machinist rather than Azerite 2.0.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    Classic:
    FFXIV: Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)
    "In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

weird im literally leveling my machinist atm lol

You know, i am so glad you decided to take time out of your day to espouse how totally over WoW you are in a thread specifically tailored at people who enjoy discussing new developments in WoW.
    Your conviction to ignoring WoW forever just shines through in that statement, and i sincerily hope that you come back to continue to badmouth your ex-i mean, WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    It is, 5 minutes in and I'm like "I like this man". Even though he memed on High Elves

He's probably the Game Director I've liked most since I started WoW in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You know, i am so glad you decided to take time out of your day to espouse how totally over WoW you are in a thread specifically tailored at people who enjoy discussing new developments in WoW.
    Your conviction to ignoring WoW forever just shines through in that statement, and i sincerily hope that you come back to continue to badmouth your ex-i mean, WoW.
    I mean you know where we are? :P It was 100% locked that the killjoys will come right in.

Also better not follow answering him, since he will just come with "muh opinions and stuff", lets better enjoy the incoming content.
    Last edited by Alga; 2019-06-18 at 05:53 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    weird im literally leveling my machinist atm lol
    I want to but it's just so ungood in its current format that I'm spending the next 10 days trying to cap Blue Mage before I have real content to do again.

Hi and welcome to MMO-Champion. It is in fact possible to like FFXIV, like Classic WoW, and be excited for the stuff Blizz is teasing for 9.0, while still not liking BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    It is, 5 minutes in and I'm like "I like this man". Even though he memed on High Elves

He's probably the Game Director I've liked most since I started WoW in 2010.
    Ion is great at explaining why the devs do what they do. Problem is that's often times not what players want to hear.
    WoW: Wyrmrest Accord - Alliance
    Classic:
    FFXIV: Crystal Datacenter (Balmung & Mateus servers)
    "In the spirit of education, the first thing I would like to impress upon you is one of the most surprising lessons I learned: Public speculation is always wrong. Always." - John Staats, The WoW Diary

like Classic WoW
    Currently no sub but I'm tempted to re-sub just to save names on Classic WoW. Not much time right now to play and enjoy MMOs but I know most likely after this year I will. Hope they let us know early if they're going to do any sort of "save names for your characters" type thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Ion is great at explaining why the devs do what they do. Problem is that's often times not what players want to hear.
    That is what I like about him, although sometimes I think he misses the mark (like the whole focus of re-doing game systems every xpac). But he does explain better than any previous Game Director I feel, and that I appreciate very much.

I was really impressed. He owned to the mistakes and actually told us what to expect in the future, even addressing class fantasy/design and RPG elements.

Shit, I did not expect that today. Kudos, Blizzard. Kudos.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Link pls?
    /10 char
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Link pls?
    /10 char

From the Dev Insight video it sounds like 9.0 is going to have a pretty massive shakeup of the class system as a whole. Not just on a spec-to-spec level like Legion, but on a more fundamental level. The questionnaire sent out that asked people reaction to a levelling change tells me that Blizz might be working on a pretty massive talent revamp.

I guess we will find out for Blizzcon this year. Really hyped.

It's good 8.2 is dropping the 25th. It means I have ample time to go through all the not time-gated content before Shadowbringers drops on the 28th.

From the Dev Insight video it sounds like 9.0 is going to have a pretty massive shakeup of the class system as a whole. Not just on a spec-to-spec level like Legion, but on a more fundamental level. The questionnaire sent out that asked people reaction to a levelling change tells me that Blizz might be working on a pretty massive talent revamp.

I guess we will find out for Blizzcon this year. Really hyped.
    Wasn't that quite obvious though?

I mean Azerite will get removed and they need to fill the void that's been left after Legion and BfA so every class/spec needs a major overhaul. And on top of that the talent system needs either a total revamp or we need a completely new progression system that will stick during all expansions and where class design is build upon (this should have been artifact weapons, they laid the base for all of this and then Blizzard made the massive mistake to remove everything we achieved in Legion). Basically all the things they did not do for BfA must be done for the next xpac + development of a lasting character progression system + substitute for Azerite - that's a lot of work and maybe one of the reasons why they basically don't touch classes in BfA at all.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Wasn't that quite obvious though?

I mean Azerite will get removed and they need to fill the void that's been left after Legion and BfA so every class/spec needs a major overhaul. And on top of that the talent system needs either a total revamp or we need a completely new progression system that will stick during all expansions and where class design is build upon (this should have been artifact weapons, they laid the base for all of this and then Blizzard made the massive mistake to remove everything we achieved in Legion). Basically all the things they did not do for BfA must be done for the next xpac + development of a lasting character progression system + substitute for Azerite - that's a lot of work and maybe one of the reasons why they basically don't touch classes in BfA at all.
    A class revamp is obvious, sure. I mean more in the sense that it might be quite a massive one.
    The level squish might end up being a bit more involved than simply halving the levels, and might instead be a more thorough look at how the levelling flows, meaning Blizz has a rare opportunity to change the talent system into something maybe a bit more like how it was in classic, or at least different from how we know it now.

Expansion specific endgame progression will likely still be a thing, of course. But that is mostly surface level changes, i am talking more about core changes.
    Iion specifically mentioned giving "core" spec abilities to the class instead, like giving Warrior Mortal strike, Bloodlust and one from Prot whose name i forget. Which would certainly count for something when it comes to changing the classes.

We will see once Blizzcon rolls around in a few months, but until then i will sustain myself on hte knowledge that 9.0 might potentially have a pretty drastic shakeup when it comes to classes and levelling.

From the sound of things rogues are getting poisons back etc, and fire mages getting arcane/frost spells etc.

Well its right before shadowbringers early access as is their usual MO. But boy is it weird to hear a lot of "good luck competing with FFXIV" and not the other way around. Thats definitely a first. Its going to be interesting to see if these changes are enough to win people back in a significant way.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well its right before shadowbringers early access as is their usual MO. But boy is it weird to hear a lot of "good luck competing with FFXIV" and not the other way around. Thats definitely a first. Its going to be interesting to see if these changes are enough to win people back in a significant way.
    "Good luck competing with X" Sounds like a response that has been used for decades on WoW forums, i would hardly assume this is the first time ever that the forum doomsayers have tried to talk smack about WoW compared to different MMOs.