The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I think Dragon Isles is very likely considering the Wrathion in Alliance Embassy thing that we have still not seen come to pass, as well as the Dragon Isles namedrop in 8.0. And it's not like they scrapped him and dragons out of BFA entirely either.
    Honestly I think it's 8.3. I'd bring up the Lor'themar quote that basically confirms Sylvanas is BFA's final boss not N'zoth but I've done that enough at this point.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly I think it's 8.3. I'd bring up the Lor'themar quote that basically confirms Sylvanas is BFA's final boss not N'zoth but I've done that enough at this point.
    The thing is if they do Dragon Isles they could do both Sylvanas and N'zoth. Maybe there's a temple there that she needs to bring him fully out of Nya'lotha or something. Dragon Isles have been Old God related forever so they may put a macguffin there that connects them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is if they do Dragon Isles they could do both Sylvanas and N'zoth. Maybe there's a temple there that she needs to bring him fully out of Nya'lotha or something. Dragon Isles have been Old God related forever so they may put a macguffin there that connects them.
    Honestly I think Sylvanas goes there for one reason and one alone.

To kill Alexstraza and revive her as a Frost Wyrm. To make the Aspect of Life the Aspect of Undeath.

N'Zoth I think is, as a certain purple chin put it, inevitable after AEP. That's what Lor'themar is getting at. We can't stop him now, all we can do is be ready for him when the time comes. And being ready means overthrowing Sylvanas and stopping her crazy undead crusade.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think most people conceptualize all these leaks the wrong way.
    I cannot think of anyone that honestly believes a leak this early is 100% correct. But this is the speculation thread. And a leak in theory gives us a "complete" look at a potential new expansion and accompanying systems.

Leaks are exciting not because we sit here and debate which one is definitely real and why all the otehrs are wrong. They are exciting because we can sit here and look at, say, teh 4chan AMA one and discuss whether we think elements of them are likely.
    The odds of it being a legitimate leak is not 0. But it is low enough that seriously considering it is not the most productive use of our time.

tl;dr: Leaks are fun because someone tries to convince people that their leak is legitimate, and as people who frequent a speculation thread, it should be obvious that the fun part of reading them is speculating. And considering how likely, say, guild housing is. Or the feasibility of a world revamp.
    Exactly. Going "this is fake" or "this is real" is a waste of everyone's time. I'd rather discuss which parts of are likely to happen or not based on what we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    There's no way to know if e-mail "from Nigerian prince" is real or not. But we don't read them all and discuss "this is TOTALLY fake" or "this looks more likely" - we treat them all as spam and send straight to trash.
    That's a terrible comparison as we can actually factually disprove based on headers, source of the mail and such which is how spam filters work. For leaks, we can only look at what is in the game now and where it seems to be going. I feel like a world revamp might happen as there were some new Westfall textures in 8.0 that haven't actually been used in Westfall, that's the only thing so far I've actually seen that might point towards something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Exactly. Going "this is fake" or "this is real" is a waste of everyone's time. I'd rather discuss which parts of are likely to happen or not based on what we know.

That's a terrible comparison as we can actually factually disprove based on headers, source of the mail and such which is how spam filters work. For leaks, we can only look at what is in the game now and where it seems to be going. I feel like a world revamp might happen as there were some new Westfall textures in 8.0 that haven't actually been used in Westfall, that's the only thing so far I've actually seen that might point towards something.
    Oh is THAT where all that old hubbub about "revolt in Westfall for 8.1" came from?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post

Weren't there also some Orgrimmar looking textures added? Or a model. I remember an orange cliffside model or a cave entrance.

It's also not evidence, but you can put all the Cataclysm-y looking things happening or building up as another hint towards a Cataclysm 2 (which lends credence to a world revamp). Even the Worgen and Goblin (cata races) being remodeled so late in the expansion feels like a hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Oh is THAT where all that old hubbub about "revolt in Westfall for 8.1" came from?
    There was the updated textures coupled with the new shredder model which was datamined fairly close to one another.

Though i believe most people assumed a warfront in Westfall. This was way back in Beta from what i remember, warfronts were not testable yet, and most people assumed them to be more integral to the plot.

I think both storylines (N'Zoth and Sylvanas) will converge in 8.3. Either Sylvanas and N'Zoth have some sort of pact, or a Death vs. Void battle in which both aim for the same thing and the Alliance and Horde were just pawns of each force.

My bets for last patch would be, in order of likeness (IMO):

- Quel'thalas: It's where Sylvanas story began, it would go full circle if there's where it ends. She's now Arthas going back to her homeland for the Sunwell, which, as we already have seen in the nightborne recruitment, is also aimed by the Void for some purpose. A Death vs. Void battle for the Sunwell would be an awesome raid, and is my favorite option, as it makes both BfA storylines converge in the same place.

- Stormwind: Maybe it's the reversal of Siege of Orgrimmar, and Sylvanas' endgame is just what we have known from the beginning. Sylvie's Horde takes Stormwind and we need to liberate the city.

- Dragon Isles: I think this is setup for a future expansion, but with all the dragon stuff going up and Wrathion searching for it, maybe we go there. The problem is how to tie it to Sylvanas. I find it unlikely. It's probably be a strong thing in next expansion, not 8.3.

- Some new titan facility. Hinted by M.O.T.H.E.R. in 8.2. May be Uldorus. I also think this is more likely to be future expansion stuff.
    Whatever...

Weren't there also some Orgrimmar looking textures added? Or a model. I remember an orange cliffside model or a cave entrance.

It's also not evidence, but you can put all the Cataclysm-y looking things happening or building up as another hint towards a Cataclysm 2 (which lends credence to a world revamp). Even the Worgen and Goblin (cata races) being remodeled so late in the expansion feels like a hint.
    I would argue that what really point toi a world revamp is the lack of known continents to explore. We have several islands, but even those are sketchy on how much could realistically be pulled from them.

BfA managed to get away with it by using Zandalar which was of undisclosed size, and Kul Tiras, which we knew was at least large enough to house an entire nation, and even those had to share the new continent space.

Ny'alotha is almost definitely more of a patch zone.

Dragon isles could be a new continent, but other than and Azeroth Backside, there are not many options left except a revamp. Not necessarily a world revamp like cataclysm, but maybe Northrend revamp or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    - Quel'thalas: It's where Sylvanas story began, it would go full circle if there's where it ends. She's now Arthas going back to her homeland for the Sunwell, which, as we already have seen in the nightborne recruitment, is also aimed by the Void for some purpose. A Death vs. Void battle for the Sunwell would be an awesome raid, and is my favorite option, as it makes both BfA storylines converge in the same place.
    Quel'thalas would be so goddamn perfect that I will honestly be disappointed if it's Nya'lotha. I really don't want it to be a full zone. Half of the raid, sure, but not a zone.

All the other options are fine, just not a whole patch of Red and Black Legoland.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that new Titan facility is probably whatever imprisons N'zoth. "Do not approach" is pretty telling, to me at least. Also Blizzard please think about one of Azeroth's moon being an entire Titan facility(or rather there is one up there that covers most of the landscape. DO IT
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I think both storylines (N'Zoth and Sylvanas) will converge in 8.3. Either Sylvanas and N'Zoth have some sort of pact, or a Death vs. Void battle in which both aim for the same thing and the Alliance and Horde were just pawns of each force.

My bets for last patch would be, in order of likeness (IMO):

- Stormwind: Maybe it's the reversal of Siege of Orgrimmar, and Sylvanas' endgame is just what we have known from the beginning. Sylvie's Horde takes Stormwind and we need to liberate the city.

- Dragon Isles: I think this is setup for a future expansion, but with all the dragon stuff going up and Wrathion searching for it, maybe we go there. The problem is how to tie it to Sylvanas. I find it unlikely. It's probably be a strong thing in next expansion, not 8.3.

- Some new titan facility. Hinted by M.O.T.H.E.R. in 8.2. May be Uldorus. I also think this is more likely to be future expansion stuff.
    There is also Ny'alotha, which i am personally opposed to for reasons of it not really being in line with the theme of BfA as stands.

Reverse SoO could take place in Teldrassil as well, which is the option i would go for if you wanted a straight Reverse SoO.

Silvermoon would be cool for the cool thematic moment of Anduin as the reverse-Arthas marching to Silvermoon to save it from Arthas-expy Sylvanas.
    Though i am also quite opposed to this from the perspective of it honestly being way too many Horde cities being turned into raids, Alliance deserves the attention as well. Having another Horde city would really just undermine how entirely ancilliary the Alliance as a playable faction is to the game.

Uldorus i would imagine is the Chamber of the Heart or the greater Ahn'giraj area, if we go by the assumption that Antorus was named such because Argus' world soul was there.

Quel'thalas would be so goddamn perfect that I will honestly be disappointed if it's Nya'lotha.
    I'll be very disappointed if it's not Quel'thalas. It's just the perfect place to tie the entire story together.
    Whatever...

Now that I think of it, I think Teldrassil is the least likely final thing for BFA because at least Nya'lotha is a zone. Ruins of Teldrassil doesn't really come with a new zone unless they want to have the entire burned tree be its own minizone with PART of it (maybe the lower half in the water) being a raid.

It also has the same problem of being too "samey" that I think Nya'lotha would have. I don't know how to make Nya'lotha fun and varied as a zone.

God I would pay money for Blizzard to kill off both Azshara and N'zoth in the 8.2 ending cinematic. I am sick to death of old villains.
    Which is why they will instead resurrect Arthas and Kael'thas.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quel'thalas would be so goddamn perfect that I will honestly be disappointed if it's Nya'lotha. I really don't want it to be a full zone. Half of the raid, sure, but not a zone.

All the other options are fine, just not a whole patch of Red and Black Legoland.
    Nya'lotha would be perfect 8.3 zone for BfA... if expac would be all about Old Gods all along (N'zoth/Azshara forces burning Teldrassil, H/A running away to isolated Zandalar/Kul Tiras from overwhelming Old Gods forces instead of starting another war etc.). But with BfA in current form it would be a waste.

Only 8.3 that really fits as climax of BfA is dealing with Sylvanas. I have no idea what could be "island" of that patch. Maybe revamped Tirisfal Glades?

Now that I think of it, I think Teldrassil is the least likely final thing for BFA because at least Nya'lotha is a zone. Ruins of Teldrassil doesn't really come with a new zone unless they want to have the entire burned tree be its own minizone with PART of it (maybe the lower half in the water) being a raid.

It also has the same problem of being too "samey" that I think Nya'lotha would have. I don't know how to make Nya'lotha fun and varied as a zone.
    SoO showed us that a raid does not necessarily have to be connected to the patch zone.

Personally i always liked that concept. Timeless isle worked because it was Timeless, for a lack of a better word. By separating the raid and the zone, the raid could stand on its own merits, and the patch zone the same. Having the patch zone be connected to the raid just makes it all the more likely that quests connected to the raid will all take place in the patch zone, and not zones that would work better.

Just as an example, imagine if Antorus was just the raid, and the patch zone was the elven island we were promised. Potential questlines could have taken us all over Azeroth instead of being contrained to Argus. Which is all the more important if you want to show an all-encomapssing war and not just a contained series of skrimishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Only 8.3 that really fits as climax of BfA is dealing with Sylvanas. I have no idea what could be "island" of that patch. Maybe revamped Tirisfal Glades?
    8.3 can have Sylvanas moving to any of the zones that have been mentioned in this thread, as it is very unlikely she will stick around in Orgrimmar like Garrosh did.

Quel'thalas because she wants the Sunwell, Stormwind because she wants to destroy it, Dragon Isles or Teldrassil because something something N'zoth. Hell she could even go to Silithus or AQ to get more Azerite.

Not to mention that having the Zone and the raid be connected means that the zone has to have the same tone as the raid. Which can get grating after a while. See Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Not to mention that having the Zone and the raid be connected means that the zone has to have the same tone as the raid. Which can get grating after a while. See Argus.
    This is why I think Dragon Isles and Quel'thalas 2 have good chances, because the areas have a lot more than just raid potential. They could also make interesting zones to play around in.