1. #8881
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post


    - - - Updated - - -



    If it really is a Sylvanas themed patch it would be cute if they tied it around Halloween release.
    But then again Halloween and Blizzcon is not that far away.

  2. #8882
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    40,888
    This isn't a classic discussion thread.


    top 3 best versions of the game
    Fucking what? No just go back to classic threads.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  3. #8883
    I still don't get the people who constantly act as if classic WoW was a perfect game. There are a lot of things about the way live works that I vastly prefer over the way Classic is going to. (And while there are things about live that irritate me, the Classic way of doing it wasn't better in my eyes.) For example, I like the general flavor of what they've done with Outlaw Rogues, and would hate to see that rolled back to being Combat. Oh, and I wouldn't want to go back to the time before the mount/toy/pet/heirloom/transmog collection tabs.

  4. #8884
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliaKirana View Post
    I still don't get the people who constantly act as if classic WoW was a perfect game. There are a lot of things about the way live works that I vastly prefer over the way Classic is going to. (And while there are things about live that irritate me, the Classic way of doing it wasn't better in my eyes.) For example, I like the general flavor of what they've done with Outlaw Rogues, and would hate to see that rolled back to being Combat. Oh, and I wouldn't want to go back to the time before the mount/toy/pet/heirloom/transmog collection tabs.
    It's mostly a culture war thing. My team good, your team bad! So bad to the point that it infests other threads (offtopic) because they can't keep their mouths shut.

  5. #8885
    So, what to expect of 8.2.5? My guesses:

    - Worgen and goblin models and heritage armor (Confirmed)
    - New warfront (Draenei vs. Mag’har in Myst Isles is my bet, but it could also be a Barrens or Mul’gore warfront)
    - More war campaign, with Nazjatar fallout and maybe defense of Mul’gore (if it’s not a warfront)
    - Vulpera and Mechagnome allied races


    What else could it have?
    Whatever...

  6. #8886
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    So, what to expect of 8.2.5? My guesses:

    - Worgen and goblin models and heritage armor (Confirmed)
    - New warfront (Draenei vs. Mag’har in Myst Isles is my bet, but it could also be a Barrens or Mul’gore warfront)
    - More war campaign, with Nazjatar fallout and maybe defense of Mul’gore (if it’s not a warfront)
    - Vulpera and Mechagnome allied races


    What else could it have?
    Maybe some more Mechagon Stuff and a finalized Rustbolt Village. Then I would just add Fireland Timewalking.

  7. #8887
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    So, what to expect of 8.2.5? My guesses:

    - Worgen and goblin models and heritage armor (Confirmed)
    - New warfront (Draenei vs. Mag’har in Myst Isles is my bet, but it could also be a Barrens or Mul’gore warfront)
    - More war campaign, with Nazjatar fallout and maybe defense of Mul’gore (if it’s not a warfront)
    - Vulpera and Mechagnome allied races


    What else could it have?
    I think the warfront will be shuffled to 8.3 (and I do think there will be one, probably not any more islands but definitely one last warfront) but otherwise I don't think it'll be much more than what you've listed. If we're lucky we'll get some more quests like that one about the dark rangers in Scarlet Monastery (that HAS to do with Calia, what else?) that was datamined, other than the war campaign, but unless we get lucky with a mage tower introduction it'll mostly just be the races and quests.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    Maybe some more Mechagon Stuff and a finalized Rustbolt Village. Then I would just add Fireland Timewalking.
    Oh yeah, definitely Firelands timewalking.

  8. #8888
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I think the warfront will be shuffled to 8.3 (and I do think there will be one, probably not any more islands but definitely one last warfront) but otherwise I don't think it'll be much more than what you've listed. If we're lucky we'll get some more quests like that one about the dark rangers in Scarlet Monastery (that HAS to do with Calia, what else?) that was datamined, other than the war campaign, but unless we get lucky with a mage tower introduction it'll mostly just be the races and quests.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Oh yeah, definitely Firelands timewalking.
    Oh big YES! xD The Story around Derek has to be finished, which would perfectly bring in Calia for 8.3 stuff and revenge on Sylvanas.

  9. #8889
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,192
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    WALL OF TEXT
    I agree, even though i really want the Vulpera as an Allied Race, it bothers me the lack of lore for them, the lack of reason for their existance, heck, we don't know much about the Vulpera or the Sethrak and we still know way more of the origin of the Sethrak and their story than the Vulpera, and them joining the Horde, right now, don't make that much sense, unless you see them as joining the Zandalari, and by extension, the Horde.

    Also... i always liked the idea of Gilblins, they are a race that makes a lot of sense and even more in this expansion (Naval battles and all that), i hope they end up joining as the 9.0 prepatch race

  10. #8890
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I agree, even though i really want the Vulpera as an Allied Race, it bothers me the lack of lore for them, the lack of reason for their existance, heck, we don't know much about the Vulpera or the Sethrak and we still know way more of the origin of the Sethrak and their story than the Vulpera, and them joining the Horde, right now, don't make that much sense, unless you see them as joining the Zandalari, and by extension, the Horde.

    Also... i always liked the idea of Gilblins, they are a race that makes a lot of sense and even more in this expansion (Naval battles and all that), i hope they end up joining as the 9.0 prepatch race
    People in need of having always some wetness around themselves < People living under the driest conditions and being able to generally live everywhere. I dont see Kelfins joing the Horde, since they have no big leader and are just part of the Unshackled, they have nothing in common besides just being freed slaves. IMO they will just go back into the sea after we dealt with Azshara.

  11. #8891
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,192
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The lack of potential Alliance ARs is EXACTLY why they keep adding "asspull" races: because besides High Elves and Wildhammer, maaaaybe Broken, there aren't any.
    Well we also have the Frost Dwaves (those near Ulduar, in theory they are already part of the Alliance).

    And we got the Ankoan and Jinyu.

    But is true that the Alliance have less options for Allied Race than the horde. (Heck, with just Trolls and Taurens variations Horde have a lot to choose)

    Note: In truth, i think the Alliance have way more options for Allied Race, but that depends on how the AR story is played out, i mean... the LF Draneai and the VE are forces that can shape the Alliance into new paths, i mean.... we could have LF Humans (Even more when we have a LF Human as the head of the LF Draneai), and the VE could see other races follow their teachings (like some NE or Worgens), in general, this is something the Horde doesn't have, none of the actual options for the Horde AR can't "teach" anything to each other.

  12. #8892
    After mentioning the Dark Ranger quest, which still hasn't made it in sine 8.1.5, I really do think this is meant to introduce Calia to the player.

    https://www.wowhead.com/news=290617....-scarlet-halls

    The datamined map and introductory quests imply that we'll help rescue Dark Ranger Velonara from Scarlet Halls. This quest even has an Alliance version--quite interesting as both factions are at war.
    Note that doing this quest wouldn't make sense in 8.1.5, but post 8.2 it definitely could be possible.

    Thank the abyss you're here, champion! I am Moorgoth, tracker of fearsome foes in dark places. Anyone in the Trueshot Lodge will vouch for my credentials. Dark Ranger Velonara and I are good friends, and I fear she is in peril. She's been training an apprentice dark ranger. Newly raised, she said. At any rate, her pupil ran off after receiving a letter from his brother, and now Velonara has gone to Tirisfal Glades to find him. I have a bad feeling about all this. Could you check on her safety?
    Who wants to be the brother found Calia and her gang who are holed up in the church, because Light?
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2019-07-01 at 08:07 PM.

  13. #8893
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    People in need of having always some wetness around themselves < People living under the driest conditions and being able to generally live everywhere. I dont see Kelfins joing the Horde, since they have no big leader and are just part of the Unshackled, they have nothing in common besides just being freed slaves. IMO they will just go back into the sea after we dealt with Azshara.
    Yeah, is a possibility, but also have in mind, that there are a lot of Gilblins, even in some zones of Zandalar we see them walking around as enemies, and it was explained before that they were under mindcontrol, so with Azshara defeated, they may end up free and with nowhere to go, and you know who like cheap workers? i mean new able hands? THE GOBLINS!, also the Goblin city is already a port city so it can be a good place for them to.

    Note: In general, the Gilblins are just a nice option, not the best, not the worst.

    Note2: The need of wetness is not a problem for a race with enough technology, heck... is even a whole new market for the Goblins

  14. #8894
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I read on Wowhead you have to treat it more like a rhythm game, press the associated button when the attacking orb is close, not immediately when it appears.
    Managed it after reading that, only did it once though (only had 2.5 evenings in Nazjatar yet)
    pretty much, if you shoot early, you lose points.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

  15. #8895
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    After mentioning the Dark Ranger quest, which still hasn't made it in sine 8.1.5, I really do think this is meant to introduce Calia to the player.

    https://www.wowhead.com/news=290617....-scarlet-halls





    Who wants to be the brother found Calia and her gang who are holed up in the church, because Light?
    I honestly completely forgot about that datamined quest.

    I can see it being about Calia, she has to be somewhere, and the old scarlet area is asa good a place as any, would definitely be a potential nice segway into either Calia as Forsaken leader, or new Alliance AR. Calia is absolutely starved for exposure in the story, especially considering how big an impact her character had on the Forsaken story, especialy the longstanding story arc of the Forsaken trying to find a place in the world.


    I suppose it might have been postponed when Blizz realized there was no way it could reasonably be expected for any Alliance outside hunters to help a dark ranger, will still be a problem after, but at least if 8.2.5 deals with the rebellion, then we could reasonably expect some amount of help given to Horde not loyal to Sylvanas.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Yeah, is a possibility, but also have in mind, that there are a lot of Gilblins, even in some zones of Zandalar we see them walking around as enemies, and it was explained before that they were under mindcontrol, so with Azshara defeated, they may end up free and with nowhere to go, and you know who like cheap workers? i mean new able hands? THE GOBLINS!, also the Goblin city is already a port city so it can be a good place for them to.

    Note: In general, the Gilblins are just a nice option, not the best, not the worst.

    Note2: The need of wetness is not a problem for a race with enough technology, heck... is even a whole new market for the Goblins
    Just to add my 2 cents here. Gilblins have a problem of not really having any kind of story attached that could inform actions after Azshara, they only want ot be free of her, with no (as far as i know at least) motivations beyond not wanting to be slaves.
    While you could say the same for the Ankoan in their crusade against Azshara, at least they show they have a level of society that could function independently of Azshara that is in need of a new purpose after, and even discounting that, they could still rejoin the Jinyu in Pandaria, and the Alliance by proxy.
    Gilblins just seem like they will walk away from their slavery to do nothing of note forever.

  16. #8896
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    So, what to expect of 8.2.5? My guesses:

    - Worgen and goblin models and heritage armor (Confirmed)
    - New warfront (Draenei vs. Mag’har in Myst Isles is my bet, but it could also be a Barrens or Mul’gore warfront)
    - More war campaign, with Nazjatar fallout and maybe defense of Mul’gore (if it’s not a warfront)
    - Vulpera and Mechagnome allied races


    What else could it have?
    Why are you expecting a draenei/maghar warfront?

  17. #8897
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Just to add my 2 cents here. Gilblins have a problem of not really having any kind of story attached that could inform actions after Azshara, they only want ot be free of her, with no (as far as i know at least) motivations beyond not wanting to be slaves.
    While you could say the same for the Ankoan in their crusade against Azshara, at least they show they have a level of society that could function independently of
    Azshara that is in need of a new purpose after, and even discounting that, they could still rejoin the Jinyu in Pandaria, and the Alliance by proxy.
    Gilblins just seem like they will walk away from their slavery to do nothing of note forever.
    I agree that the Gilblins have less of a culture than the Ankoan, but that's exactly why i think they would just end up absorbed by the Goblins different cartels, just like how you say that the Ankoan could rejoin the Jinyu in Pandaria, an idea that i find harder to happen than the Gilblins joining the Goblins cartels, mostly because the Jinyu and the Ankoan already have a different way of thinking unlike the Gilblin and the Goblins, that both are mostly on the same page when it comes to way of seeing the world.

    Either way, the Gilblins in general, have the problem that the Goblins are not a really popular race (they are cool but not really popular), so a variation of an already unpopular race is, most likely, going to end up as an unpopular AR.

  18. #8898
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post

    Either way, the Gilblins in general, have the problem that the Goblins are not a really popular race (they are cool but not really popular), so a variation of an already unpopular race is, most likely, going to end up as an unpopular AR.
    We've already seen Blizzard doesn't care with Kul Tirans and Mechagnomes. Vulpera are the Goblin AR regardless of what anyone says and that is the main barrier of entry for Gilblins. No more no less.

  19. #8899
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I agree that the Gilblins have less of a culture than the Ankoan, but that's exactly why i think they would just end up absorbed by the Goblins different cartels, just like how you say that the Ankoan could rejoin the Jinyu in Pandaria, an idea that i find harder to happen than the Gilblins joining the Goblins cartels, mostly because the Jinyu and the Ankoan already have a different way of thinking unlike the Gilblin and the Goblins, that both are mostly on the same page when it comes to way of seeing the world.

    Either way, the Gilblins in general, have the problem that the Goblins are not a really popular race (they are cool but not really popular), so a variation of an already unpopular race is, most likely, going to end up as an unpopular AR.
    I would say this is the main problem with the proposed Gilblin allied race, if the only reasonable in they have to the Horde is through the Goblins, in which they would simply be the same, but with fins, then they don't really add a lot, Ankoan would have brought a different flavor, regardless if Jinyu was already a race.


    That is neither here nor there though, i find it hard to believe Gilblins will actually be an AR, Vulpera is the far superior choice from all angles. There is probably not a law set in stone that no 2 AR can pull form the same rigging, i still think Vulpera and Gilblins would be too similar to warrant being marketed as 2 separate new ARs.



    That being said, i am curious where the story of the races we meet will go. My gut feeling is telling me nowhere, just like the Krokul on Argus, but i could be wrong, i would love if the Ankoan formally joins the Alliance at the end of Nazjatar, even if only as an NPC race, i love their aesthetic too much to see them languish in a zone that i will only end up visiting a few times for transmog runs or mount farming.

  20. #8900
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That being said, i am curious where the story of the races we meet will go. My gut feeling is telling me nowhere, just like the Krokul on Argus, but i could be wrong, i would love if the Ankoan formally joins the Alliance at the end of Nazjatar, even if only as an NPC race, i love their aesthetic too much to see them languish in a zone that i will only end up visiting a few times for transmog runs or mount farming.
    I think Blizz just gave up trying to make Ankoan/Jinyu work as playable, I'm assuming their faces were a nightmare to rig, they couldn't implement female bodies without it looking bad and fins through armor didn't work. It's a shame that no Nazjatar race will likely be playable but that's just the way of it: I bet you ten bucks that if Vulpera hadn't been thought of Gilblins would likely have been a playable race.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •