1. #8921
    here is the final war campaign cutscene leaked:


  2. #8922
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    here is the final war campaign cutscene leaked:

    [img]https://scontent.fbau1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/65598937_2286032614767932_3730163458600075264_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQkAPwad_SQaBb5_KMK gdDDroQaoGcjSNUWe_u_o822D3acyddWBNPHBFoYyF_IpBMM&_nc_ht=scontent.fbau1-1.fna&oh=3f784f3e6b541c2d0282c936de0fcf9c&oe=5DB2E223[img]
    i saw one that fits a bit better.

    but i'd get in trouble if i linked it here.

  3. #8923
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    26,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    here is the final war campaign cutscene leaked:

    ]
    I lol'd.
    And imagine the shitshow. Just, IMAGINE it!!
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Full/High WoW servers for EU, Retail: 79. Literally zero change from 1 month ago, not counting Russia, obviously. Also, every BfA Quarterly report says Hi.
    People more in tune with their feelings than facts: bUt ThEy BLeEdING SuBs hUrR!!
    ...

  4. #8924
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I lol'd.
    And imagine the shitshow. Just, IMAGINE it!!
    I know, all the AnduWrath teasing, and he ends up with the boring choice. Everyone knows that Sylvanas will end up with N'zoth after seeing past his numerous acts of cosmic evil to create a new beginning for the Forsaken based on cooperating with the heroic Nelves that accepted teh Val'kyr ressurection against the evil Nelves who foolishly want revenge against Sylvanas for accidentally burnign their tree.

  5. #8925
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    here is the final war campaign cutscene leaked:
    Eh, I'll buy it.

  6. #8926
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    34,069
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i saw one that fits a bit better.

    but i'd get in trouble if i linked it here.
    *Eyebrow wiggle*


    I'll join in. It turns out we need to go to an AU Azeroth to save it from being destroyed by the Void Lords. And in the process of going there we end up with all the old vanilla features again. We'll call it "World of Warcraft: Vanilla."
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  7. #8927
    Old God Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    10,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Although I don't enjoy the soyfang rebellion, I try to stay positive and look for the good things. For example Thrall might finally get killed and then stay dead, forever.
    We could only be so lucky. Still not paying for this trash exapansion though, specially when it comes to the story.

  8. #8928
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    26,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    With Mechagon i am going to adamantly defend my stance that it was supposed to be part of 8.1. But got pushed back when it did not come together satisfactorily in time. The zone and the random "passive" rewards (greens, trade mats etc.) does not mesh at all with Nazjatars passive reward structure, which tells me they probably were not intended to fit together.


    On the topic of WQs and dailies though, while i really enjoy Mechagon for being a good grind zone, i really think Blizz was clsoer than they realized ot creating a perfect daily structure with Nazjatar. The combination of dailies taking you all over the map, combined with low-effort WQs and several overarching layers of reward structure in the form of bodyguards is as close to perfection as i think Blizz has gotten so far in the game's life.
    All it really needed to be perfect was giving a few more "story" quests each day that organically takes you across the entire map, say, asking you to go to Zin'azshari and doing some stuff there, or having a short questline where you gather coral to tame the rays or something.
    They'd also need more variety in dailies. And for Light's sake, don't listen to the whiners taking issue with the small quests that involve Candy Crush mechanics or that uncrossing of the lines stuff. I love those, they're small, easy and especially the ley line gives me satisfaction when I have a flawless try. The jumping jellies can die in a fire though.

    The combination however is great, I hope it'll set the tone for future content with continued story past leveling, a mix of dailies and world quests, and rewards that'll remain useful. I know for a fact that I'll be chasing pearls for quite some time for my alts! Not because I have to, but because I want to.

    I also wish they'd make another stab at the 5.2 vault feature, where you could run characters through the treasure vault for monetary gain by getting X item from Y content around the zone.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-07-04 at 01:54 AM.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Full/High WoW servers for EU, Retail: 79. Literally zero change from 1 month ago, not counting Russia, obviously. Also, every BfA Quarterly report says Hi.
    People more in tune with their feelings than facts: bUt ThEy BLeEdING SuBs hUrR!!
    ...

  9. #8929
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    17,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They'd also need more variety in dailies. And for Light's sake, don't listen to the whiners taking issue with the small quests that involve Candy Crush mechanics or that uncrossing of the lines stuff. I love those, they're small, easy and especially the ley line gives me satisfaction when I have a flawless try. The jumping jellies can die in a fire though.

    The combination however is great, I hope it'll set the tone for future content with continued story past leveling, a mix of dailies and world quests, and rewards that'll remain useful. I know for a fact that I'll be chasing pearls for quite some time for my alts! Not because I have to, but because I want to.

    I also wish they'd make another stab at the 5.2 vault feature, where you could run characters through the treasure vault for monetary gain by getting X item from Y content around the zone.
    Yeah, 8.2 is a missed opportunity. Why aren't we raiding Azshara's Treasure Vault like the Thunder King before?

  10. #8930
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    34,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, 8.2 is a missed opportunity. Why aren't we raiding Azshara's Treasure Vault like the Thunder King before?
    Because we raided the Zandalari Treasure Vault last patch.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  11. #8931
    Scarab Lord Fawkess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Bastion
    Posts
    4,915
    Thoughts on when they will announce 8.2.5 details?

  12. #8932
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Thoughts on when they will announce 8.2.5 details?
    Never, the game is cancelled. Stop asking about it.

  13. #8933
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    17,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Because we raided the Zandalari Treasure Vault last patch.
    We should raid every vault. Its just fun having a scenario like that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Thoughts on when they will announce 8.2.5 details?
    If they do a stream it will probably be the middle or end of this month with ptr going up anywhere from the end of July to the beginning of August.

  14. #8934
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Thoughts on when they will announce 8.2.5 details?
    I'm skeptical that we'll hear anything before the world first mythic race is over for Eternal Palace, since streamers/Method are turning that into an event now. So maybe last week of July at the earliest?

  15. #8935
    Scarab Lord Fawkess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Bastion
    Posts
    4,915
    I was thinking more about and I think they might announce 8.2.5 in the middle of July right before classic launches with a release in September before Brewfest
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2019-07-04 at 05:32 AM.

  16. #8936
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    I'm skeptical that we'll hear anything before the world first mythic race is over for Eternal Palace, since streamers/Method are turning that into an event now. So maybe last week of July at the earliest?
    Which not all players are interested in, and .5 patches often concentrate on casual or at least non-raiding content anyway.

    Knowing the AEP end cinematic will be enough for most.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-07-04 at 06:26 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  17. #8937
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    34,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    We should raid every vault. Its just fun having a scenario like that.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If they do a stream it will probably be the middle or end of this month with ptr going up anywhere from the end of July to the beginning of August.
    Have we had a Raiders of the Lost Vault achievment before? Because if not we need one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Which not all players are interested in, and .5 patches often concentrate on casual or at least non-raiding content anyway.

    Knowing the AEP end cinematic will be enough for most.
    I mean they're shutting down the Classic beta for this.

    I think Blizz has a dog in this race.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  18. #8938
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean they're shutting down the Classic beta for this.

    I think Blizz has a dog in this race.
    Many Betas have been shut down a while before their release.

    Also, apples and oranges? Again, I don't see much overlap between Mythic raiders and Classic fans. Or do you mean regarding audiences? From what I heard, interest in Classic was already waning.
    Not that it would make sense to shut down the Beta for 7 weeks to draw focus on the 1 week the Mythic race takes.

    Or am ai misunderstanding what you mean?
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2019-07-04 at 08:07 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  19. #8939
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    You never stop enjoying being wrong, do you?
    'Member how "nobody cared about 8.2" as well, yet the thread reached (and will continue) hundreds of pages.

    8.3 is the next big patch for WoW, bet your ass people care.
    Why so salty? The interest in 9.0 is lightyears ahead of the interest in 8.3 or anything related to BfA so what's your point? Granted, that's not necessarily exclusive to BfA as new expansion stuff is usually more exciting then stuff related to an ongoing expansion yet for a lot of players the end of BfA can't come soon enough. The only thing(s) remotely interesting left for BfA are a) fate of N'zoth/Sylvanas/Azshara (which most of basically is 9.0 stuff) and b) future of Thunder Bluff.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-07-04 at 08:26 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  20. #8940
    As i have little life to speak of, i have now unlocked flying, everyone is now free to sing my praises.




    On a less self-congratulatory note though. In the process of getting flying i have been thinking about alternatives to flying as we know it.
    Don't get me wrong, flying as it is certainly has its places, when content is far, far beneath you being able to skip past most of it offhandedly is a staple i can live with, but getting flying like it is now is not an added convenience, it is removing a part of the game because it is slightly annoying.

    If anyone like me played most of WoD and had at least a modicum of fun there, they probably remember Aviana's feather, a toy that allowed you to be shot up into the sky and be given a glider effects. This toy was on a semi.-long cooldown that meant you could not go anywhere at any time, but if you were in the middle of a questing area and oyu wanted out, you could hit it and fly out.
    When i did the raids, it was also invaluable in getting into the raids without being ganked relentlessly.
    So in short, it was in many ways the best parts of flying and the flight whistle rolled up into one convenient toy.

    In Mechagon we can get a jetpack, either free during select days, or as a craftable recipe if you get lucky and know which rare to farm.


    Both these pseudo-flight options are made almost completely obsolete by flying, Aviana's feather had a niche use in WPvP and as a panic button during outdoor content, and the Jetpack will still be useful during the days it is free as it gives everyone druid flight.
    But other than those very specific uses flying has removed any enjoyment one might have gotten from sing these items, which is a shame.


    My question is thusly, what do people want ot see as pseudo-flying going forward, if we assume an eventual endpoint of no flying in current areas? (No Broken Isles flight until 120 for instance)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •