What’s left to tell for the Sethrak story? Genuine question.

Tying Vulpera to the C'htraxxi is a clever idea I hadn't thought of, and hell it might actually be what happens because otherwise they are so incredibly irrelevant to the overall plot it hurts. Not that I think that's important mind you but Blizz seems to be a stickler to races being "RELEVANT" when they're released (aka we delayed them).

Maybe N'zoth waking up wakes up a bunch of monsters in the sand as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I think they were a one-off thing. By this point, I don't think they will be added as an allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    I think they were a one-off thing. By this point, I don't think they will be added as an allied race.
    I think expansion one-offs can be turned into ARs, it just won't happen in that expansion itself. See Highmountain and Nightborne: though the complexity of the OG Nightborne model being turned into something lesser and unsatisfying is probably why complicated models like Sethrak and Ankoa won't be playable ever.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    Agreed, but another poster mentioned that they have more story left in them, was just curious.

Like many, I’d love to see more from them. I’ve always felt Blizz creates shit for the sake of creating... looking at you virmen and drogbar, but this time around I’ve really like what we got. Hell, I use to hate Gilgoblins, but the Kelfin have changed my stance entirely; plus I’d like to see the Alliance reunite the Ankoan with the Jinyu

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    i highly doubt it. since they are doing a level squish they need massively more time to not fuck it up(they will anyway) so 9.0 will be November.
    they are just thinking about. its not fixed they are doing it #dontsquishthelevel

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Plenty IMO. Here's a few things I can think of that still could use a resolution.

- Vorrik said that he would work to unite the Sethrak once again, both the Devoted and the Faithless. How might that be going? How much tension remains from Korthek's followers without Korthek/Mythrax around?
    - We also seemingly have the return of Sethraliss, or at least her Avatar. How does that affect the Sethrak?
    - The Sethrak were around during the war between the Trolls and the Aqir, the latter of which is likely to resurface if we're getting more Old God stuff to come. A war which brought us Mythrax and cost Sethraliss her life. If the Aqir are back, it would be weird for Sethraliss and Vorrik to sit this one out.
    - Given how Korthek kept Vulpera as slaves, there are definitely some tensions between the Sethrak & Vulpera to work out. If Vulpera are coming in as a potential Allied Race, this is likely a tension to still be explored.
    - During the unlock quest for Alliance in Vol'dun, one of the troops mentions keeping close ties with the Sethrak. Did the Sethrak keep up those connections once the Alliance incursions into Vol'dun started or were they turned away due to the attack?

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Tying Vulpera to the C'htraxxi is a clever idea I hadn't thought of, and hell it might actually be what happens because otherwise they are so incredibly irrelevant to the overall plot it hurts. Not that I think that's important mind you but Blizz seems to be a stickler to races being "RELEVANT" when they're released (aka we delayed them).

Maybe N'zoth waking up wakes up a bunch of monsters in the sand as well?
    That's largely what I was thinking. If he awakes, he's not likely to do so alone.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Plenty IMO. Here's a few things I can think of that still could use a resolution.

- Vorrik said that he would work to unite the Sethrak once again, both the Devoted and the Faithless. How might that be going? How much tension remains from Korthek's followers without Korthek/Mythrax around?
    - We also seemingly have the return of Sethraliss, or at least her Avatar. How does that affect the Sethrak?
    - The Sethrak were around during the war between the Trolls and the Aqir, the latter of which is likely to resurface if we're getting more Old God stuff to come. A war which brought us Mythrax and cost Sethraliss her life. If the Aqir are back, it would be weird for Sethraliss and Vorrik to sit this one out.
    - Given how Korthek kept Vulpera as slaves, there are definitely some tensions between the Sethrak & Vulpera to work out. If Vulpera are coming in as a potential Allied Race, this is likely a tension to still be explored.
    - During the unlock quest for Alliance in Vol'dun, one of the troops mentions keeping close ties with the Sethrak. Did the Sethrak keep up those connections once the Alliance incursions into Vol'dun started or were they turned away due to the attack?
    Not in disagreement, but we could do this with almost any group of people we meet in game. I still have questions, comments, and points of discussion about the Taunka.

It’s probably folly to expect any of the listed things to be addressed. I feel that it’s implied it is all honky-dory as of now.

I'm guessing if 8.2.5 PTR is in July or August, it will sufficiently spoil what 8.3 is about and allow for a livestream before Blizzcon that details everything that happens.

Then we get Blizzcon with 9.0. I really really doubt we'll see anything about 8.3 at Blizzcon because they'll be hyping up the next expansion, and we don't have Gamescom this year, which leaves a reveal stream as the only way to showcase the patch.
    I feel like 8.2.5 will wrap up most of the HvA story and 8.3 will deal mostly with Nzoth and Magni.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    So, what to expect of 8.2.5? My guesses:

- Worgen and goblin models and heritage armor (Confirmed)
    - New warfront (Draenei vs. Mag’har in Myst Isles is my bet, but it could also be a Barrens or Mul’gore warfront)
    - More war campaign, with Nazjatar fallout and maybe defense of Mul’gore (if it’s not a warfront)
    - Vulpera and Mechagnome allied races

What else could it have?
    Worgen model and scenario retaking Gilneas?
    Goblin Model and Scenario ousting Gallywix?
    Mechagnomes and scenario reviving Mekatorque into a mechagnome.
    Vulpera and scenario. Idk what their scenario would be about tbh.
    War campaign to either finish the faction war storyline or get us very close to the finale in 8.3.
    Firelands Timewalking.
    Heroic Darkshore Warfront.
    A little bit more content in Nazjatar to wrap up any story left there and hint what happened to Nzoth.
    Mechagon dungeon now heroic/normal mode and split into 2. Now also Mythic+

Possibly a Thunderbluff/mulgore Warfront? Also could be a 2-3 boss raid. The Defence of Thunderbluff.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the warfront will be shuffled to 8.3 (and I do think there will be one, probably not any more islands but definitely one last warfront) but otherwise I don't think it'll be much more than what you've listed. If we're lucky we'll get some more quests like that one about the dark rangers in Scarlet Monastery (that HAS to do with Calia, what else?) that was datamined, other than the war campaign, but unless we get lucky with a mage tower introduction it'll mostly just be the races and quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, definitely Firelands timewalking.
    8.3 other than timewalking and story content is too bare imo. A new warfront or raid/dungeon could be cool. Especially if Nyalotha is a new zone with raid/dungeon(s). Do they really want to have a zone and a Warfront? Feels like 8.2.5 would be a better time to add it if they do add one.

Guys when do you think patch 8.3 will be announced? I'm 100% sure that they will reveal a new expansion at Blizzcon so wouldn't that overshadow new patch announcement if they decided to reveal it at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgesh View Post
    Guys when do you think patch 8.3 will be announced? I'm 100% sure that they will reveal a new expansion at Blizzcon so wouldn't that overshadow new patch announcement if they decided to reveal it at the same time?
    There's Gamescom for that

Quote Originally Posted by r0LanD View Post
    There's Gamescom for that
    Blizzard is not attending this year Gamescom tho

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/05...-gamescom-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I feel like 8.2.5 will wrap up most of the HvA story and 8.3 will deal mostly with Nzoth and Magni.

- - - Updated - - -

Worgen model and scenario retaking Gilneas?
    Goblin Model and Scenario ousting Gallywix?
    Mechagnomes and scenario reviving Mekatorque into a mechagnome.
    Vulpera and scenario. Idk what their scenario would be about tbh.
    War campaign to either finish the faction war storyline or get us very close to the finale in 8.3.
    Firelands Timewalking.
    Heroic Darkshore Warfront.
    A little bit more content in Nazjatar to wrap up any story left there and hint what happened to Nzoth.
    Mechagon dungeon now heroic/normal mode and split into 2. Now also Mythic+

Possibly a Thunderbluff/mulgore Warfront? Also could be a 2-3 boss raid. The Defence of Thunderbluff.

- - - Updated - - -

8.3 other than timewalking and story content is too bare imo. A new warfront or raid/dungeon could be cool. Especially if Nyalotha is a new zone with raid/dungeon(s). Do they really want to have a zone and a Warfront? Feels like 8.2.5 would be a better time to add it if they do add one.
    I don't really think that 8.2.5 is enough time to allow the faction war to end. The entire patch would have to be laser focused on ousting Sylvanas, with the rebellion either being rushed, or having Sylvanas run away pretty much instantly.
    It would also break with the warbringers as final boss theme, with Sylvanas being the only Warbringer who would not be a raid boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgesh View Post
    August in a reveal stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Also could be a 2-3 boss raid. The Defence of Thunderbluff.
    Thunderbluff being a small raid would be interesting.

I don't think it fits as a warfront because it would be working together. Also, it wouldn't feel like a continuous battle like Darkshore/Arathi, so a raid is a better idea if it ends up being group content.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Thunderbluff being a small raid would be interesting.

I don't think it fits as a warfront because it would be working together. Also, it wouldn't feel like a continuous battle like Darkshore/Arathi, so a raid is a better idea if it ends up being group content.
    With the latest trailer in mind, a thunder bluff raid has to happen. In the very least a story scenario were we try to stop Sylvanas.

I cant really see another huge content patch like 8.2 coming in BfA. What would that even be? Ok, we know N'zoth is coming, but what kind of content(Besides a raid) would that create?

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    With the latest trailer in mind, a thunder bluff raid has to happen. In the very least a story scenario were we try to stop Sylvanas.

I cant really see another huge content patch like 8.2 coming in BfA. What would that even be? Ok, we know N'zoth is coming, but what kind of content(Besides a raid) would that create?
    I suppose it could be a dungeon as well. If we assume BfA will end up having the same amount of instances that Legion had, there has to be another dungeon before the end, and if Thunder Bluff is not a raid, or a short scenario, then the dungeon spot is still open.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally, for what kind of patch i want 8.3 ot be. I would really like it to be similar to Siege of Orgrimmar, where the patch zone and the raid is only in a casual relationship, this allows the raid questline to pull from a more diverse well of areas for settings, and allows the patch zone to be given room to breathe, not having to feel too ominous or dependent on the raid. This is one of the reasons why i think Timeless isle worked, it barely had anything to do with SoO, and therefore it was allowed to be a relaxed zone where activities stood on their own merits, unlie say Argus, where everything was based around the Legion, and teh Antorus raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Probably because all the "popular people" are still subscribed.
    Of course they are, it’s their livelihood

I don't know why but maybe 8.2.5 will have a new dungeon? It's just a feeling I've got

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

We're going to get another major content patch, that is obvious. Its just a matter of what. Next week we'll have an idea(Cause Warcrafters go through the raid...pretty fast).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron