1. #9101
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I really like the new leak. Probably fake but I like it.
    Yeah, finally a positive and 'believeable' (as in, I'd like this to come true) one again.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  2. #9102
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,802
    Is this the "Art Team Q&A" leak? Or did I miss one that actually sounds good?
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  3. #9103
    Scarab Lord Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    4,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Is this the "Art Team Q&A" leak? Or did I miss one that actually sounds good?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-at-4chan-kek

    This one I'm assuming is the one people are talking about. And yes it's likeable (imo) but only because it's basically taking all forum speculation and saying "yup it's happening".

    Also I don't think Mechagnomes/Vulpera will come 8.2.5. I feel like this will be for Goblin and Worgen remodel/heritage scenario and armor. I believe they'll package Vulpera along with Mechagnomes and another Allied Race pair as a 4-pack for 8.3.5 like they did for the Legion Allied Races.

  4. #9104
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,802
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-at-4chan-kek

    This one I'm assuming is the one people are talking about. And yes it's likeable (imo) but only because it's basically taking all forum speculation and saying "yup it's happening".

    Also I don't think Mechagnomes/Vulpera will come 8.2.5. I feel like this will be for Goblin and Worgen remodel/heritage scenario and armor. I believe they'll package Vulpera along with Mechagnomes and another Allied Race pair as a 4-pack for 8.3.5 like they did for the Legion Allied Races.
    It's got a LOOOOT wrong. Likeable is one thing, Believable is another entirely.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  5. #9105
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Just waiting for an "Elune is evil" reveal so the Nelf fanbase can just quit.
    Shes the boss of 8.3

    /s

  6. #9106
    Some notes, it's been a long time, sorry for a big post.

    8.2 is kind of meh

    Nazjatar is pretty terrible. Zone layout is annoying and calls for flying, but you don't have it yet, many quests were too cryptic and too tedious, tons of bugs everywhere. They are fixing some of this but as usual they just had to wait until live (why on earth did they not fix things in the beta?? I checked and most of the problems that they are fixing on live were reported on the beta as well, multiple times). Bodyguards are meh. The mix of dailies and world quests feels weird and pointless, I don't know what the big idea was. Dailies that you don't see until you are close to them are annoying, please don't do this anymore. If the Nazjatar rep was not one of the reqs for flying, I wouldn't have been doing Nazjatar past day 1 or 2, maybe just for emissary.

    Mechagon is somewhat better, but not terribly so. The terrain is easy to navigate and that's a big pro. I like collecting designs / building stuff. The size of the zone is, however, a little disappointing - it is too small. I am not sure I will go to Mechagon often after I get to revered, I haven't yet - after a month or so I will perhaps go to Mechagon about as often as I go to Timeless Isle (which is not very often). Still, better than Nazjatar by a mile.

    Pet battles in both new zones are pretty uninteresting for a seasoned pet battler. I haven't been to the new pet battle dungeon yet (and haven't read anything about it because I don't want to spoil the fights), I guess the fights there should be better. Pet battles overall stagnate, they need to add more depth - at least a couple of new families, or maybe some new ability mechanics, similarly to how they add new mechanics with each new patch of HS.

    Essences are meh. Essences certainly aren't fixing anything in terms of spec gameplay. I am just pressing a button every time it goes off the CD, woohoo. I don't like being pressured to turn on the war mode on Nazjatar / Mechagon, or do PVP for essences. Thankfully, I can ignore all of that, because I am fine with being a day or two late with flying and having third-best essences (I don't like them anyway).

    New islands I didn't do but I figured they are same old just with the new scenery. Not going to do heroic warfronts either, not interested. New additions to professions are, well, there, hardly something to be excited about. Not sure how I feel about not being at max skill for professions again - OK, I suppose, whatever, will get to max again eventually.

    Sum total, I respect 8.2 for the ton of little things it adds, and maybe that's the best they could do mid-expansion, but it doesn't make BFA interesting. If it wasn't for flying, I would have mostly ignored 8.2 content, flying is the only carrot that kind of makes it kind of maybe work for some time - for me. I am not sure what they can do for 8.3 - that's still mid-expansion, so making non-cosmetic changes is again out, and flying is already spent as a carrot.

    The leaks / 9

    The last leak seems fake. The guy / girl talks too much, tries to argue a lot. The points are all shallow. The talks are all on the surface, they are all generalities and / or "trust me". It's fake.

    It seems however, I am going to spend the opening word on the next Blizzcon praying for no level squish and no revamp of the old zones (I see both as humongous excuses to waste time to achieve pretty much nothing and just avoid having to face the real issues with gameplay - which are: made-bad specs, consistently bad PVP, stagnating systems).

    Not buying the new 6 months mount. I already have hundreds and my collectioner instincts have been adjusted by now to ignore paid-for mounts completely, because they have been adding too many of them. If they were adding 1 mount per year or so, it'd have been different, but we seem to be heading to 1 mount every 2-3 months and that's way too often.

    That seems to be it.

  7. #9107
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Sounds like Blizzard are getting better at protecting themselves from data-mining. Is that what you're saying?
    Honestly, as much as I appreciate the work of dataminers like Marlamin, this is a good thing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    The leaker saying that Vulpera and Mechagnome release in 8.3, AND are the last pair of allied races is also a huge red flag when everything points to them releasing in 8.2.5 and also there being another pair for release in 8.3 or 8.3.5.



    I really, really doubt they will just leave an empty space there at the end.
    "Everything points to them releasing in 8.2.5..." uhm, what exactly?

    Blizzard needs some kind of pre-purchase allied races and Mechagnomes/Vulpera do the trick when they're coming with a Tinker early access (this would sell the allied races that are universally disliked on both sides, at least more than other allied races they've released).

    This makes much more sense and is way more likely to happen then 4 more allied races during the 8.x cycle.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-07-06 at 08:45 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  8. #9108
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I really, really doubt they will just leave an empty space there at the end.
    I don't. They didn't change the spacing from the regular races, which is probably easier to do than the alternative, so the emtpy space might just be happenstance.
    From my understanding, Allied Races are not meant to be BfA exclusive, so having some extra space would make sense for the future.

  9. #9109
    Scarab Lord Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    4,960
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't. They didn't change the spacing from the regular races, which is probably easier to do than the alternative, so the emtpy space might just be happenstance.
    From my understanding, Allied Races are not meant to be BfA exclusive, so having some extra space would make sense for the future.
    All of the Allied Races released so far has had some form of link to an already existing playable race, whether that's through a race classification "troll/orc/human" etc or model classification (this is more for incoming vulpera sharing goblin rig, but can apply to Zandalari with Night Elf rig before more changes).

    It would be extremely short-sighted to not expect fans of the other 4 remaining playable races to "not get their own" Allied Race variant. Even if this isn't some set rule, it's pretty much expected within the playerbase by now.

    For instance we already see gnome fans telling others to "stfu it's our turn" basically with the incoming mechagnomes, despite the obvious fact that gnomes aren't a popular player choice. It's more about people "getting their share" and Blizzard would be stupid to not see that being case for the last remaining Allied Races to come for BFA.

    You leave out a pair and end it with Vulpera and Mechagnome and you can bet a vast amount of players will kick up a storm.

  10. #9110
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    All of the Allied Races released so far has had some form of link to an already existing playable race, whether that's through a race classification "troll/orc/human" etc or model classification (this is more for incoming vulpera sharing goblin rig, but can apply to Zandalari with Night Elf rig before more changes).
    The question is whether this was intentional on Blizzard's side. I don't really buy the whole "one allied for each base race" hypothesis.

  11. #9111
    Scarab Lord Geisl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    4,960
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The question is whether this was intentional on Blizzard's side. I don't really buy the whole "one allied for each base race" hypothesis.
    And what I'm trying to say is that question doesn't matter. At this point it's player expectation. It's pretty much what's assumed by majority of players and that's the perception Blizzard has given, whether unknowingly or knowingly.

    Though I'd wager they're not dumb enough to not realize they've done that.

  12. #9112
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    And what I'm trying to say is that question doesn't matter. At this point it's player expectation. It's pretty much what's assumed by majority of players and that's the perception Blizzard has given, whether unknowingly or knowingly.

    Though I'd wager they're not dumb enough to not realize they've done that.
    That doesn't mean they can change their plans to accomodate it. These things are decided months to years in advance.

  13. #9113
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    17,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Is this the "Art Team Q&A" leak? Or did I miss one that actually sounds good?
    That sounds amazing to me.

  14. #9114
    Maybe it won't appear more ,umm~~~

  15. #9115
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    17,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's got a LOOOOT wrong. Likeable is one thing, Believable is another entirely.
    I'm 99% sure it's wrong, but I still like it. We will know if its wrong soon. Maybe with the raid cinematic, and for sure with the worgen armor. If it's scary in Worgen form and knightly in human form it's basically at least partially confirmed. Could be some red Herrings in there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I think 8.2 is one of the better patches. Ignoring the issues with BFA, 8.2 has a lot of content. I think as a standalone patch its better than all patches except for 5.2, and maybe 7.3. Its on Par with 7.3 imo.

    I don't know why, but I enjoy the mix of dailys and world quests. I'm enjoying my time in Nazjatar. Mechagon is cool. Haven't done the dungeon, but I've heard its good, and the raid seems at least passable if not good. It might not be a Dazaralor or Throne of Thunder, but it seems as good as Tomb.

  16. #9116
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I think 8.2 is one of the better patches. Ignoring the issues with BFA, 8.2 has a lot of content. I think as a standalone patch its better than all patches except for 5.2, and maybe 7.3. Its on Par with 7.3 imo.
    On my scale: 7.3 > 8.2 > 7.2.

    I heard the coming dungeon is mythic-only, and if so, that's a big turn-off, too. (Why the hell do they do it? I am not going to do anything mythic because I am way past manual groups. If something has no queue, I am not doing it, it waits for when I can solo it.)

  17. #9117
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    On my scale: 7.3 > 8.2 > 7.2.

    I heard the coming dungeon is mythic-only, and if so, that's a big turn-off, too. (Why the hell do they do it? I am not going to do anything mythic because I am way past manual groups. If something has no queue, I am not doing it, it waits for when I can solo it.)
    It is mythic only because that is what the forums have wanted for years and years.
    Eventually it will be Heroic as well, but until then you can think of it as having to wait for LFR.

  18. #9118
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It is mythic only because that is what the forums have wanted for years and years.
    Eventually it will be Heroic as well, but until then you can think of it as having to wait for LFR.
    May I ask why the forums wanted that? I obviously think this is a bad idea, but in this case I cannot even see why would anyone want it to begin with? (I thought it was Blizzard who wanted it to be mythic-only. With the idea being to nudge people into doing mythic and then hopefully mythic+.)

  19. #9119
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    May I ask why the forums wanted that? I obviously think this is a bad idea, but in this case I cannot even see why would anyone want it to begin with?
    They want it because having something not be available by random queue makes teh achievement of getting it more prestigious, and also allows Blizz to make it more difficult than they usually would.
    Consider for instance why Mythic raiding is a thing, and why you rarely see the forums complain why LFR is not available instantly, and completely supplants Mythic raiding.


    Forums want loads of different things, which is why any single person complaining on the forums will never get anywhere. It takes getting many rational people arguing it over a long time to get significant changes done. Simply throwing ones hands up and saying it is the worst thing ever just makes the person part of the same white noise that most forumgoers try to ignore.

  20. #9120
    ^^ Got it. Well, this is a classic case of being penny-wise but pound-foolish. All this closing of the doors before others in the name of "prestige" accomplishes is deprives the game of players who just have less things to do. If mythic+ had a solo queue and was part of the endgame for, say, 70%, the game would have been much healthier than it is now. And if we had a rated solo queue for PVP, oh boy, maybe we wouldn't be losing millions of subs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •