The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    Completely agree… I really hope 8.2.5 will actually tell me where the heck this story is going. I don't like that the .5s filling in the gaps of story, a major patch should end story lines
    I can just feel the nightmare scenario where both show up in the raid and we're left in absolute endless leak chaos going into Blizzcon.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I can just feel the nightmare scenario where both show up in the raid and we're left in absolute endless leak chaos going into Blizzcon.
    Or worse, neither.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Imagine complaining about clipping when comparing WoW to.... anything.

WoW has so many clipping issues it isn't funny. LOL
    I get what you're saying, but... I played other MMOs/aRPGs, and after WoW, I couldn't bear the clunkiness of the controls anymore, how characters seem to be flailing sponges sliding across the floor, and stuck in animations half a second after they're finished.

It's hard to explain, the controls in WoW just felt so much better. I do hope FF has modern controls, too.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Or worse, neither.
    True. THAT would be total chaos. If both show up everyone is just gonna "leak" that it's a Dragon expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    Completely agree… I really hope 8.2.5 will actually tell me where the heck this story is going. I don't like that the .5s filling in the gaps of story, a major patch should end story lines
    Why? I'd rather prefer a flowing story, continuous updates over occasional bursts of "aaaand now this is dealt with... aaaaand now that is dealt with". Obviously the end of a raid should be a climactic point, but there needs to be stuff in-between, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Why? I'd rather prefer a flowing story, continuous updates over occasional bursts of "aaaand now this is dealt with... aaaaand now that is dealt with". Obviously the end of a raid should be a climactic point, but there needs to be stuff in-between, too.
    Yeah, I misspoke/unclear. I would like to have a flow to a story as well. What I was trying to get at is that there should be some closure in a major patch and .5s to bridge the next part of the story so it flows.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And yes, Pathfinder is the compromise we got rather than no flying ever again in any new content ever. They should just do away with the Part 1 and Part 2 bullshit. Let players earn it and fly at their own leisure by playing the game, no timegating.
    Blizzard never planned to remove flying. They always wanted to abuse it to re-re-re-incentivize their dull world content.

The large reward for the missing gameplay.

Why add engaging content with monthly updates if you just need the biggest piece of cake people want to eat?

Lure people into the worst chores you could imagine just with giving them back what they already had over and over.

Seems to work like a charm in world of warcraft.

For other, really good games, developers add engagement by other means than skinner boxes.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-07-26 at 06:40 AM.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It’s a bit weird honestly, the timing seems way off. Let’s assume 8.3 PTS will be up right after Blizzcon, that moves the 8.3 release out of this year to January or even February 2020 - that’s 5 months later than the 7.3 release we had in August.

If this is the case we can safely assume the next expansion won’t be launched in Summer 2020 as we never had a final tier that was just 6 months long. And with a 8.3.5 in between it’s even less likely. Sure they can do it this time (yikes I‘m hearing this for the umpteenth time then)... /s

It’s just a weird move. I don’t know how you could tie 8.3 and 9.0 release together for a huge reveal at Blizzcon. I mean the revelation of 9.0 already spoilers the outcome of 8.3 which makes 8.3 quite redundant altogether.
    I honestly think we are gonna get a January 8.3 and a November 9.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    As always:
    It looks like someone took a picture of a projected image. How do u take a SS of that? A camera photo is insanely less risky for the leaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    It looks like someone took a picture of a projected image. How do u take a SS of that? A camera photo is insanely less risky for the leaker.
    You don't, because that is insanely risky. How many people do you think are that hypothetical room? A dozen, max? And in that dark room, from near the front where everyone behind them could see, they took out their phone, lined up a clear shot that showed just enough of the map and logo (More on that copy pasted below) and took the picture?

No. If you want to leak something without asking to be fired and risk fines, you'd just take a quick screenshot of the logo or map on your computer while you're working one day, crop it to just that and use that as proof.

...logo plastered onto the fucking map hiding part of the landmass from view (in what world do you slap a logo onto a map for an internal meeting, blocking part of it? The world where it's not real and you made a logo and map and need both of them to fit into a dumb, fake picture. The same stupid world where "ENDGAME!!!!!" is plastered onto the side of the map, because apparently slides don't exist here and you need all the information crammed onto one picture. I wonder why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Cata still worse. Hopefully they wont ever try a revamp again.
    #Teamworldrevamp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Cata > BFA=WoD
    Legion>MoP>Wrath>BFA=Cata>>>>WoD.

I didn't make it to max level until a few weeks till wrath so I'm not judging tbc and vanilla.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    #Teamworldrevamp

- - - Updated - - -

Legion>MoP>Wrath>BFA=Cata>>>>WoD.

I didn't make it to max level until a few weeks till wrath so I'm not judging tbc and vanilla.
    bfa is a worse version of Legion, how can anyone put then above mop is beyond me

They've devolved into "whens the next scrap of information coming. I predict 1-2 weeks" "NO I PREDICT NEXT WEEK".
    For this edition of the hype thread and all hype threads before it, which is what this thread still is regardless of what the title says -- I think that's perfectly fine. I've always seen this as a general discussion about what comes next, which includes timeframe predictions. Is it interesting to most people? No. Might still interesting to a smaller subset of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    bfa is a worse version of Legion, how can anyone put then above mop is beyond me
    Worse raids, worse dungeons, a significantly worse faction war storyline that's only lasting impact was having a not-orc as warchief, dailies are godawful compared to emissaries and world quests, scenarios make warfronts and islands look like the greatest thing ever made, TI is just a worse Mech with so little story it makes Mechagon look like a novel, a much less interesting B plot (as much as I enjoyed the isle of thunder itself, Lei Shen and the MoP Zandalari were boring as all hell), classes homogenized to all hell, less story in general, Good but worse: Music, zones, enemies, armor, and especially weapons.

I rate MoP fairly high but all it had going for it above BfA is introducing a class and challenge mode dungeons. And those weren't really enough to carry it through 5.1, 5.3 and 5.4 to stay ahead of BfA.

Did we release Nzoth? What happened to Azshara? What's fucking Magni got to say about this? He was duped. Where the fuck is Sylvanas and Nathanos and the Black Blade?

Nothing is answered.
    Yes.

N'zoth brought her back from the brink of death and took her to deeper into the depths to fight another day.

Magni quest lines are usually .5 so we'll see.

Nathanos left for a "meeting' in the depths of the ocean but not nazjatar as directed by the Black Blade and presumably N'zoth since Xal is gone and he had it last, Sylvanas is busy doing administrative stuff, much like Anduin, after the meeting where she took Baine prisoner she probably returned to Orgrimmar to keep an eye on operations as a whole. One must assume that she is preparing for her end game with whatever the Blade has taught her, as well as considering a strike on Thunderbluff.

True. Thanks for the heads up. Your Dad work at Blizzard?

Can you tell him to get this stuff explained inside the actual game? Cheers.
    I mean the only thing here not direct in game is Nathanos' meeting, because the actual line that called it a meeting was cut. Even without the line you see him following the knife out into the ocean, you arrive in Nazjatar, you see him turn away from Nazjatar and walk back out into the ocean.

Do you really want a bunch of in-game scripted scenes where Sylvanas is looking over maps and keeping an eye on how things are progressing? We intentionally don't see what she sent Nathanos out to do because it's a mystery to our characters and we aren't supposed to know what her angle with the blade is. She got the blade (in game) she thinks the blade is going to change the course of the war (in game), we see (in game) that she's given up on the fleet idea completely and is willing to sacrifice the last of the ships to accomplish whatever plan she has going on with the blade. We see (in game) that several people survive the prison break to report back to Sylvanas (two goblins on the Alliance side, the blood elf mage from the end of the encounter). Pretty logically she is banking on whatever is happening with the blade and potentially preparing to deal with Baine's group and thunderbluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Or worse, neither.
    That’s not worse, that would do both characters justice!

Yet it would make leaks way more boring.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    This is not a WoW forum mind you, it's a gaming forum. Most of it dedicated to WoW, yeah, but there's still a fuckton of people here who visit the site for other parts of it.
    These are threads in the wow section though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Worse raids, worse dungeons, a significantly worse faction war storyline
    since i didn't raid in mop im not gonna talk bout that, but MOP dungeons are way better imo, every time i do a bfa and legion dungeon i need to sleep, and those are rly subjective but to say MOP had a worse faction war story-line than this clusterfuck? you can be rly serious about it

BfA is by far the worst expansion about lore, even worse than the dumb crap of time travel orcs and lord and savior illidan

dailies are godawful compared to emissaries and world quests
    don't rly think so, dailies were cool in a degree, and had meaning and progression to the zone story and nice rewards in the end, world quests are pathetic lazy, you just kill the same boss every day with no reason at all, emissaries are a improvement but that could be the done with normal dailies as well.

for me the only difference between dailies and WQ is that you don't have to take and deliver the quest.

scenarios make warfronts and islands look like the greatest thing ever made,
    Sure, the big flops, i could not argue since i only did island like 3 times and fuck it will never do again in this exp, and the warfront just for the item

TI is just a worse Mech with so little story it makes Mechagon look like a novel
    LOL, are you serious, mech is just a crazy robot gnome and we defeat him, thats it.

classes homogenized to all hell,
    you mean the best era of almost all classes? and one of the best class design? worse than bfa? for real?

less story in general,
    i don't think you actually play mop to say that, maybe its because the panda land theme, but mop was HUGE in terms of story, it added a good chunkof story about trolls, mantids, pandarens, ancient azeroth, titans, old gods, and the sha concept is awesomely done.

Good but worse: Music, zones, enemies, armor, and especially weapons.
    what you mean here?

Most of BfA "better" things are gameplay improvements like emissaries and a better raid design, but lore and classes are garbage and i would take even wod before it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Blizzard never planned to remove flying.
    Which is why they didn't have to rebuild Draenor to make it possible. Oh, wait.

No, you're just wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    don't rly think so, dailies were cool in a degree, and had meaning and progression to the zone story and nice rewards in the end, world quests are pathetic lazy, you just kill the same boss every day with no reason at all, emissaries are a improvement but that could be the done with normal dailies as well.

for me the only difference between dailies and WQ is that you don't have to take and deliver the quest.
    Wait, which one is it now? Are they different or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Don't worry. When datamining of 8.3 fishes out something good, the official 9.0 speculation thread will spawn. That will be a delightful mix of Theory crafting, snarking at 4chan leaks and Taylor Swift memes.
    When 9.0 speculation thread will rise, mods will likely close this one. There is no point for two hype threads at same time, we talk about everything anyway.

Gotta love the double standards around here. Beautiful.
    It's hilarious that you seems to think that you get banned 20 (30? 40?) times because your anti-Blizzard opinions, not because you don't know how to behave. It's like man that didn't shower for 2 months would thought that he get kicked out of restaurant because of his political beliefs ;D.

I'll give you a hint: MANY people here not only critic every aspect of WoW, but even straight up hate modern Blizzard. Most of them (including people like Nyel or styii that seems to be never happy with anything) were never banned (or I haven't noticed that).

That's why your "most of the time [he's banned] because his opinion doesn't line up with the opinions of threads" story is pure bullshit. Or rather just defense mechanism, no one want to admit that he's horrible person.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-07-26 at 12:57 PM.