10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    That maybe so, but that doesn't really contradict anything I said, so there really is no point arguing. Unless you really like arguing in which case I will provide a better subject to argue about. Just one last thing. Hindsight does not always vindicate an expansion. Just look at WoD. Well see the future...when it becomes the present.
    WoD's shortcomings which were the thing that seemed to kill the idea of "Yearly expansions" WHich I for one am glad. Wowesque expansions cannot be made yearly, they just can't and it shouldn't be a goal anyways. Patch 6.1 the obvious enrager(and tbh I n ever understood the selfie nonsense, even back then). If the Iron Horde Narrative stretched out more it could of been interesting but again thats why I get sigh everytime WoD is brought up. It gave us sexy character models so I like that.

Oh and while I enjoyed the cinematic.

"DRAENOR IS FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

Me: You declared war on the Draenei and intended to take our world. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo how bout you sit down son.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Would love to see a doctor boom style heritage armor for goblins, that would be awesome

And I feel a barrens warfront is a better zone than Mulgore, You could have dwarves vs tauren for example and it's much larger than Mulgore
    Did they not denounce that, or might it just have been a white lie attempt at pulling the hounds of datamining off the scent?
    It'd be sad to see Tauren and Dwarves go at one another though, I always felt they sort of fit one-another.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And a lot of people do, same as always.
    I tend to be proven correct as time passes and the usual suspects mysteriously forget that they hated the past whilst having a new rageon for the present.

WoD was what it was though, half the effort (they didn't abandon it, it´never had content planned beyond 6.2) , full price.

My initial point remains that a lot of people on this forum, always dislike the game regardless of the iteration. Legion was also "literally the worst", yet I bet 10 years from now it'll have surpassed WOTLK as the top in polls. Same with MoP in hindsight, where I also wasn't agreed with by "a lot of people on MMO-C". What else is new, guess my "standards" for expansions are out of whack? At least until the expansions are old content.

- - - Updated - - -

Better yet, I wish they'd announce new allied races to be released prior to Brewfest as has been speculated!

And Mulgore warfront would be sweet, seeing the zone in HD glory, even though I'm over warfronts as such. It'd maybe lead into a raid though?

Updated Gobbo/Worgen and their heritage armors will be sweet.
    Oh you're right! I hadn't thought of Brewfest. If the vulpera brew is any indication, we could have their introduction before brewfest. Hummmm. I'd love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Oh you're right! I hadn't thought of Brewfest. If the vulpera brew is any indication, we could have their introduction before brewfest. Hummmm. I'd love that.
    You.And.Me.Both.

If it's a "lol, gotcha!" moment on their part, I'mma be a very gloomy duck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did they not denounce that, or might it just have been a white lie attempt at pulling the hounds of datamining off the scent?
    It'd be sad to see Tauren and Dwarves go at one another though, I always felt they sort of fit one-another.
    Well we all thought Darkshore would be the barrens warfront but it turned out it wasn't (Datamining showed barrens warfront). It's still a possibility

And Tauren and Dwarves are a great counter for one another, One very nature based and sacred about the land and the other very technology and mining based

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

"DRAENOR IS FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

Me: You declared war on the Draenei and intended to take our world. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo how bout you sit down son.
    That was terrible. We totally forgot that we were fighting the Iron Horde up till that point. A lot of people hate the mission tables and the garrisons. I like that. It was a nice addition to everything else I did. The problem was that "everything else" was precious little. If WoD also had an actual social hub you have a reason to visit, and all the raid tiers present, it could have been a very cool expansion with a very very very very dumb story. Even the classes weren't half bad cause the ability pruning only began and enough remained. For me anyway.

But there was no content so it was about sitting in your pretty little base and queing for MoP dungeons.

7+ Year Old Account
    That was terrible. We totally forgot that we were fighting the Iron Horde up till that point. A lot of people hate the mission tables and the garrisons. I like that. It was a nice addition to everything else I did. The problem was that "everything else" was precious little. If WoD also had an actual social hub you have a reason to visit, and all the raid tiers present, it could have been a very cool expansion with a very very very very dumb story. Even the classes weren't half bad cause the ability pruning only began and enough remained. For me anyway.

But there was no content so it was about sitting in your pretty little base and queing for MoP dungeons.
    Honestly I consider the WoD questing experience to be one of Blizzard's best , had a blast levelling characters through the different zones and questlines

It's just a shame they really screwed up the endgame experience because if not it would have been a pretty good expansion
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2019-07-27 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Wishlist for tuesday:
    Gobbos and doggos new models
    Heritage armor
    goblins - money and tech themed. Gallywixx fur coat and bling pls.
    worgen - Castlevania/Dracula/victorian type of clothing.
    Info on NEW ALLIED RACES :'( At least hints
    Story from War campaign (can we please be finally informed on where the hell the story is going? Some kind clarification on sylvanas' plans?)
    maybe mulgore warfront? maybe that's a bit too much, but it's a wishlist ok :P
    My take:
    New warfront and related revamped area (no idea where, but I don’t think it’s Mulgore/Barrens)
    War campaign including Defense of Mulgore.
    Reveals who killed Vol’jin and named Sylvanas Warchief (WTF moment)
    Sylvanas’ real plan revealed at least partially (hype for 8.3)
    Goblin/Worgen stuff
    Vulpera/mechagnomes (unlikely, but I’ll stick to it until proven wrong).
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-07-27 at 12:09 AM.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account

I legit didn't believe the rumors/leaks about WoD....until reality told me that its coming. FOr what it was, I enjoyed my time there then Gul'dan happened like a force of nature and he was a problem and not the Iron Horde. Garrisons still are pretty cool but I wouldn't want them again, I'd like to see something like that in a Singleplayer game from a different company see how that works out.

Kairozdormu's story seemed to have....well done not much I mean sure his actions lead to WoD even being a thing but we didn't learn too much about him /shrug
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    My take:
    New warfront and related revamped area (no idea where, but I don’t think it’s Mul’gore/Barrens)
    Goblin/Worgen stuff
    Yes please. I'd be plenty satisfied. Though I'd be extra happy if we had some breadcrumbs for future allied races. But I'll take what I can get.

- - - Updated - - -

You.And.Me.Both.

If it's a "lol, gotcha!" moment on their part, I'mma be a very gloomy duck.
    We've waited long enough for god's sake! :'(

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Would love to see a doctor boom style heritage armor for goblins, that would be awesome

And I feel a barrens warfront is a better zone than Mulgore, You could have dwarves vs tauren for example and it's much larger than Mulgore
    That's true. I suggested Mulgore because of the focus on Thunderbluff in the cinematic, but Barrens would work just as fine. ANDDD let's not forget that Warsong Gulch's new assets, horde side are basically the Barrens assets, so there's work done already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    My take:
    New warfront and related revamped area (no idea where, but I don’t think it’s Mulgore/Barrens)
    Goblin/Worgen stuff
    You and I have fairly similar lists, though with a few changes. Here's mine:

Heroic Darkshore Warfront
    War Campaign involves prepping for the Defense of Mulgore (which I believe will be a red herring that occurs in 8.3)
    Vol'jin quest gives us who called for Sylvanas, but not who brought him back
    Agree on Sylvanas' real plan getting partially revealed
    Goblin/Worgen Heritage Armor/New Models
    Vulpera/Mechagnomes (which gives something to work on when AEP wears out it's welcome, but we are waiting for 8.3)
    A new mini-scenario either like the Mage Tower or like Death of Chromie to hint more at 9.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    That is anecdotal evidence. Also, PTR-Patches are not meant to be bug free.
    So? It still provably wasn't flight-ready without changes. You haven't actually challenged my claim.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So? It still provably wasn't flight-ready without changes. You haven't actually challenged my claim.
    Well, it is you who claims it needed massive changes to add flying to WoD. So prove it.

I believe it didn't. I brought up enough reasons why.

And really, if you believe everything blizzard says, you are a lost cause.

They want to sell every nerf as buff. And every removal as enhancement. They want to look like as if they listened to their customers, while the changes and the reactions to it already were planned long ahead.

Blizzard today is a disgusting company. They do not add compelling gameplay anymore outside of what they like, just changes which ensure /played time is going to grow and which allows them less effort than before.

Directives:

1.) Lowering development effort
    2.) Maximizing /played time

WoW today is a massive cash cow, with a focus on easy to add tricks like a massive amount of skinner boxes which make players addicts without real engagement. Infact, blizzard is a drug dealer, without selling physical drugs. Mind tricks are enough to force enough players to play way longer than the game is fun. The millions of turtles sent into the water are a clear testament of that.
    Last edited by Fred Skinner; 2019-07-27 at 02:49 AM.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it is you who claims it needed massive changes to add flying to WoD. So prove it.

I believe it didn't. I brought up enough reasons why.

And really, if you believe everything blizzard says, you are a lost cause.
    Why rebuild draenor for no reason then, obviously it had to do with flying. ANd why should we believe you a random egotistical person then people at Blizzard who you know actually work there.

Warrior-Magi

Cataclysm timewalking raid hopefully firelands but possibly bastion of twilight

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Why rebuild draenor for no reason then, obviously it had to do with flying. ANd why should we believe you a random egotistical person then people at Blizzard who you know actually work there.
    I do not believe Draenor was rebuilt for no reason. And as i said, if you believe everything blizzard says, you are a lost cause. The recent past shows enough cases where their lip service is completely different to what they do.

That massive amount of hypocrisy would be a real problem for every other company. Blizzard seems to be successfull with it.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not believe Draenor was rebuilt for no reason. And as i said, if you believe everything blizzard says, you are a lost cause. The recent past shows enough cases where their lip service is completely different to what they do.

That massive amount of hypocrisy would be a real problem for every other company. Blizzard seems to be successfull with it.
    No I'd say you are a lost cause, you n ame yourself after skinner(Haha skinnerbox concept) and still didn't refute what Huth said and you made a big thread whining about what Devs should know about WoW...as if they don't. Not as big thinker as you think you are but go ahead and pretend.

Warrior-Magi

I would very much like to see the Alliance do something that actually benefits the Alliance and not the horde. I imagine theres a zero percent chance of this actually happening though.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    More Warfronts? Yes, exactly what players want. I hope we get more Island Expeditions too, doubling down on successful and universally praised expansion features is always a good idea.

Btw I’m curious if Thunder Bluff is just a trap. But I can’t imagine her attacking Stormwind honestly, going for THE Alliance city when her support within the Horde has shrunken and she’s not so many allies left?

She will use the Bilgewater Harbor cannon to annihilate Stormwind before invading and successfully capturing it. Everyone will be in Thunder Bluff and unable to do shit.

Final raid is liberating Stormwind from Sylvannas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    She will use the Bilgewater Harbor cannon to annihilate Stormwind before invading and successfully capturing it. Everyone will be in Thunder Bluff and unable to do shit.

Final raid is liberating Stormwind from Sylvannas.
    Sylv won't leave a job unfinished, there are still some night elves refugees to be burned.

Also what is with the cannon... how in the world would that thing fire.