Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    This is the best they've been at hiding stuff so far and even then we have some hints as to what most of the keys hide (one of them being Saurfang related, possibly the Durotar 'Warfront' map as well), we definitely are trying to find more unencrypted references but there's a good chance that publishing said references will cause those kind of references to be encrypted next time too and so forth until the point where major parts of future content will go without being noticed at all until Blizzard decides to push the release button. Challenging but fun times to be minin'.
    >tfw whole game gets encrypted
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    >tfw whole game gets encrypted
    Dataminers: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Be interesting as hell though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    *Argus just chills in the sky a few months afterwards*
    That was quite dumb, yeah.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Dataminers: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Be interesting as hell though.
    Interesting for sure but I wonder of the ramifications for websites like Wowhead and MMO-C as then WoW related news would surely vastly decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Interesting for sure but I wonder of the ramifications for websites like Wowhead and MMO-C as then WoW related news would surely vastly decrease.
    WoWHead would go back to being simply database and guides. MMO-C on the other hand...
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the red star in the sky anymore in Kul Tiras, do you ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    WoWHead would go back to being simply database and guides. MMO-C on the other hand...
    MMO-C would continue being speculations and discussions
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    MMO-C would continue being speculations and discussions
    And the world's biggest Leek farm.

10+ Year Old Account
    It honestly always felt kinda weird that 90% of the game was fully known 2 months in advance at any given time, and don't give me that ''then don't go to website'' bs when literally everyone shouts from the highest peak about spoilers from twitter, to youtube, to reddit. Basically you'd have to cut out your internet due to the fact that the runtime for PTR's is usually too long (2 months-is).

It would be interesting to see how the game's atmosphere would be like if you only learned major things when you hit that play button on release day, like (most) MMO's/Games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    It honestly always felt kinda weird that 90% of the game was fully known 2 months in advance at any given time, and don't give me that ''then don't go to website'' bs when literally everyone shouts from the highest peak about spoilers from twitter, to youtube, to reddit. Basically you'd have to cut out your internet due to the fact that the runtime for PTR's is usually too long (2 months-is).

It would be interesting to see how the game's atmosphere would be like if you only learned major things when you hit that play button on release day, like (most) MMO's/Games.
    Wraith Gate cinematic ftw!

i have a speculation. specs will still get no changes and continue to play shitty until at least the next expansion. essences will still be unobtainable on alts for any sane person instead of being accountwide. the game continues to not be worth its subscribtion cost.

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    i have a speculation. specs will still get no changes and continue to play shitty until at least the next expansion. essences will still be unobtainable on alts for any sane person instead of being accountwide. the game continues to not be worth its subscribtion cost.
    And you'll stay salty.

Hmmm, seems like a build got deployed? Got Blizztrack warning.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    Went to check after reading this and can confirm, it's not there in Kul Tiras or Zandalar, with or without the "eye" on your head. When I went to Orgrimmar, it was there however.

New PTR build out.

Also, on the topic of the entire game being encrypted, that's basically the case for Overwatch which is technically dataminable just fine with some additional hoops to jump through. If the game can display it, so can we.

New PTR build out.

Also, on the topic of the entire game being encrypted, that's basically the case for Overwatch which is technically dataminable just fine with some additional hoops to jump through. If the game can display it, so can we.
    That's kinda the functional limit to things. One-way encryption tends to be unpopular for things you actually want to be able to use.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's kinda the functional limit to things. One-way encryption tends to be unpopular for things you actually want to be able to use.
    Yeah, but this is generally a thing people have trouble understanding. It being encrypted doesn't mean it is locked away forever. If/when Blizzard wants things to release in game, they'll have to give the game the keys to decrypt data.

I look forward to seeing what changes in the new build

Yeah, but this is generally a thing people have trouble understanding. It being encrypted doesn't mean it is locked away forever. If/when Blizzard wants things to release in game, they'll have to give the game the keys to decrypt data.
    What about hiring assassins to take out the dataminers? MonkaS
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    Do you need to be 110+ to be able to see it? I can't see it either but I'm not currently subbed.