The pandaren are clearly plotting a revolution by creating their own faction with all of the allied races

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Between all the encryption and the abrupt changes to the embassies, something big is happening this patch.
    Or they're testing new encryption tech (was that the case Marl?), though I think they should be trying to encrypt as much with the story as possible. Though I'm not sure it'll ever get to a point where people aren't spoiled way in advance with this game

This PTR feels "trickier" than usual: Wrathion isn't even slated to appear in his quest, yet his model was datamined.

Between all the encryption and the abrupt changes to the embassies, something big is happening this patch.
    Agreed. I'm personally guessing that this is the patch that the Alliance/Horde war itself "ends" and Sylvanas is no longer the Horde Warchief, though likely not through her death or anything like that.

Especially with the embassy change, something is definitely up. Without a pair of Allied Races in this patch, there's no other real good reason to change up the embassies as they have. Even if a pair of Allied Races comes down the pipeline later, they still did little to nothing to the embassies before this point...so why now unless something big is on the way? And why the Pandaren of all races? They've been mostly peaceful thus far, yet neither Pandaren leader has really played a major role. I'm still not sure why Ji hasn't just hopped a portal to Stormwind and built a new life for himself with Aysa. Regardless, both seem like the most likely of the Race leaders to be kind and gentle with anyone that shows up on their doorstep.

This would seem thus far to back the theory that the final "Allied Races" of BfA will actually be the other Faction (Alliance races allying with Horde players, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    This PTR feels "trickier" than usual: Wrathion isn't even slated to appear in his quest, yet his model was datamined.
    Yeah, that's the only thing I've been wondering about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Agreed. I'm personally guessing that this is the patch that the Alliance/Horde war itself "ends" and Sylvanas is no longer the Horde Warchief, though likely not through her death or anything like that.

Especially with the embassy change, something is definitely up. Without a pair of Allied Races in this patch, there's no other real good reason to change up the embassies as they have.
    It might just be something as minor as Blizzard thinking, alright we need to remove Sylvanas from the Embassy in the future, so let's just do it now (just like the inclusion of the Wrathion model). The leaders being in multiple places in Org/SW was also kind of weird.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Yeah, that's the only thing I've been wondering about.

- - - Updated - - -

It might just be something as minor as Blizzard thinking, alright we need to remove Sylvanas from the Embassy in the future, so let's just do it now (just like the inclusion of the Wrathion model). The leaders being in multiple places in Org/SW was also kind of weird.
    Or saying "We need to remove Sylvanas now, so to disguise it let's also remove Anduin. And we can take the opportunity to future-proof the embassies."
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    The pandaren are clearly plotting a revolution by creating their own faction with all of the allied races
    "World of Warcraft - Warlords of Pandaria"

Trans Rights are Human Rights

I do like the change to the embassy though, not only does it make it more easy to work with in the future but it gives the Pandaren leaders a smart role.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Perhaps, but Blizz has not exactly put forth extra effort to remove weird things like this in the past. Anyone leveling a Horde Allied Race has seen the mass confusion regarding what Warchief you have when that while weird has not really been addressed in game. Mekkatorque at this point (until 8.2.5) is also still in the Alliance Embassy, not encased in ice or anything like that.

It may well just be some innocent clean up and/or just getting Sylvanas out of there, but the way things have changed with so many leaders now gone from the embassy alongside all the encryption given Blizz's previous history on cleaning issues like this up IMO seem to hint at something pretty major.

Perhaps, but Blizz has not exactly put forth extra effort to remove weird things like this in the past. Anyone leveling a Horde Allied Race has seen the mass confusion regarding what Warchief you have when that while weird has not really been addressed in game. Mekkatorque at this point (until 8.2.5) is also still in the Alliance Embassy, not encased in ice or anything like that.

It may well just be some innocent clean up and/or just getting Sylvanas out of there, but the way things have changed with so many leaders now gone from the embassy alongside all the encryption given Blizz's previous history on cleaning issues like this up IMO seem to hint at something pretty major.
    Yeah Blizz deciding to mess up the timeline and THEN take their hands off it and say "Whatever will be will be" is exactly why we're in this position of everyone feeling we needed a revamp in 8.0 already.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    They already said there will be Alliance drama, which could come from Stormwind getting destroyed and/or Night Elves leaving the Alliance after they help free Orgrimmar.
    I love how the only development players and Blizzard alike can conceive of for the Alliance is contrived infighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I love how the only development players and Blizzard alike can conceive of for the Alliance is contrived infighting.
    I feel like for players it runs deeper than just "development for the Alliance." It's folks looking for an excuse to blow up factions, looking for a way to make Sylvanas seem "not that bad," or just trying to justify that one leak that said there'd be said infighting.

Sounds like the Horde. Blizzard has never done that for the Alliance.

Mekkatorque at this point (until 8.2.5) is also still in the Alliance Embassy, not encased in ice or anything like that.

Yeah, good point on Mekkatorque too. The Embassies did need cleaning up, especially as they will add at least one more race pair and you'll still see him there

Like Angerfork said though, I think Ji and Aysa should be together even if Pandaren seem like the most diplomatic and timeless pick (since they haven't been involved in anything lately unlike Mekka and Syl)

Even if it's a one-off zone or raid, I hope they add something related to Pandaren again, and uses their architecture and other environmental elements
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-08-08 at 09:29 PM.

All the heavy encryption going on, something big is probably going down in this patch. Since the .5 patches have been the ones that advanced the faction story the most, I'm thinking we will see it resolved in 8.2.5 so we can focus on N'zoth for 8.3.

I feel like for players it runs deeper than just "development for the Alliance." It's folks looking for an excuse to blow up factions, looking for a way to make Sylvanas seem "not that bad," or just trying to justify that one leak that said there'd be said infighting.
    You're probably not too far off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Sounds like the Horde. Blizzard has never done that for the Alliance.
    To be honest, whenever these "what is the heart of the Horde" narratives come about, the Alliance tend to be background players, extras.

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    You're probably not too far off.
    We didn't really need it and I doubt it will be as bad as people put it(Lets see how much age this post gets). Having said that, Sylvanas will survive BFA IMO

That doesn't mean she'll win.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

People that want to permakill Sylvanas are shit out of luck (the Jaina fight where she escapes kind of sealed Sylvanases fate there, it'll be the same damn thing) but she'll 100% "lose" to the player character in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We didn't really need it and I doubt it will be as bad as people put it(Lets see how much age this post gets). Having said that, Sylvanas will survive BFA IMO

That doesn't mean she'll win.
    If she doesn't get chased out of the Horde which ends with her having to go into hiding to "live" another day at the very least, then this whole expansion will be one bad joke.

If she doesn't get chased out of the Horde which ends with her having to go into hiding to "live" another day at the very least, then this whole expansion will be one bad joke.
    Pretty sure she will get kicked out of the Horde in the Durotar Warfront, then we smack her around in the 8.3 raid in a boss fight, THEN she goes into hiding.