Also, Wrathion in one of his journal entries for 8.2.5 refers to the fight against N'zoth as the "true Battle for Azeroth." (I've had a personal prediction since the expansion reveal that the title was a double meaning. Yes, it would start out as a fight between Horde and Alliance for Azeroth. Then it would pivot to us having to work together to fight N'zoth to save Azeroth.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Classic is just a side project to keep people subbed until the anniversary event to tie into it and lead into it. If anything, it's a bonus, not like we would have gotten a patch in late August/September anyway.
    We werent even talking about patch release. The topic was the disruption of PTR builds and news while classic release and subsequent fixing is ongoing.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    We werent even talking about patch release. The topic was the disruption of PTR builds and news while classic release and subsequent fixing is ongoing.
    They clearly haven't put many resources into 8.2.5 - and most of it went to Anniversary, which is cash in on nostalgia. This and things like party synch or free 100 boosts are obvious signs that they fish for people that came for Classic megahype, but will be bored after month.

At this point most devs should finish 8.3 content or even start inner testing and likely almost 100% of art team already works on 9.0 - parts of zones need to be more or less finished for Blizzcon presentation.

Btw, I really hope there will be some faster ways to level for heritage armor in 8.2.5. Either with 15% bonus (hopefully it will stack with war mode) or some smart use of party synch (they can't nerf all at once).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    They clearly haven't put many resources into 8.2.5 - and most of it went to Anniversary, which is cash in on nostalgia. This and things like party synch or free 100 boosts are obvious signs that they fish for people that came for Classic megahype, but will be bored after month.

At this point most devs should finish 8.3 content or even start inner testing and likely almost 100% of art team already works on 9.0 - parts of zones need to be more or less finished for Blizzcon presentation.

Btw, I really hope there will be some faster ways to level for heritage armor in 8.2.5. Either with 15% bonus (hopefully it will stack with war mode) or some smart use of party synch (they can't nerf all at once).
    You can already get quite high with Heirlooms + Warmode + Potions. Idk how much (and if) the sync will add any. I reckon RAF will still be a no-go.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I'd like to see BFA plot-twist endsing, but pretty much with Blizzard nowadays plot-twists I don't expect that much.

What we know is that Sylvanas and Anduin aren't going to die anytime soon.
    They were taken out of the embassies for a reason...
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    That doesn't mean they are getting killed off.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-08-29 at 06:26 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You can already get quite high with Heirlooms + Warmode + Potions. Idk how much (and if) the sync will add any. I reckon RAF will still be a no-go.
    Oh, I didn't meant "speed up leveling because it's too slow", I meant "make it really broken for week or two, so I could seize the opportunity and get 6 allied races at least to 90". You know something like during Legion pre-patch invasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Oh, I didn't meant "speed up leveling because it's too slow", I meant "make it really broken for week or two, so I could seize the opportunity and get 6 allied races at least to 90". You know something like during Legion pre-patch invasions.
    Think Blizz mentioned that you can powerlevel alts during the 15th Anniversary with the PvP event

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Think Blizz mentioned that you can powerlevel alts during the 15th Anniversary with the PvP event
    Hope so; I've got a bunch of alts that have been languishing in the Outland-onwards doldrums since the end of the Legion pre-event.
    Those were the days...
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    My body is ready. Only few things left for me in Nazjatar/Mechagon, so I can focus on Allied Races.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    For all we know, the reason may be "data error". Don't read to much into NPCs getting moved around in early PTR builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    For all we know, the reason may be "data error". Don't read to much into NPCs getting moved around in early PTR builds.
    Data Error wouldn't explain why Ji and Aysa have new dialog in the new embassies specifically referencing their role with recruiting new allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Data Error wouldn't explain why Ji and Aysa have new dialog in the new embassies specifically referencing their role with recruiting new allied races.
    No, but that's also not the point in contention.

Yeah I feel sorry for anyone who believes in designer/artist/whatever leaks. Historically every single expansion leak has always been someone who got to see the slideshow presentation for Blizzard early (hence why you get things like "Voljin in an urn"). Information is always dictated from memory, not an in-depth perfectly recalled list of every system, zone, plot beat, etc. as if it was all sitting right in front of them and easy to reference. They will always conveniently use that they only work in one part as a reason they don't know EVERYTHING cus they only work as an artist/quest designer/marketing guy, yet they'll suspiciously know a great great deal about alot of stuff in great detail, including the rationale behind why the decisions were made for things well out of their supposed department.

Also the fact that the logo and title are some of the last things finalized in the lead up to reveal....

Looks like this weeks build had to make space for classic.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Looks like this weeks build had to make space for classic.
    Looks that way. Quite a shame. But i guess that gives us time to dedicate our effort on finding the most credible leak, which is always fun.

I'm afraid we won't see much more for 8.2.5 on the PTR. The warcampaign/story part will likely stay encrypted to avoid spoilers (that durotar warfront stuff is probably for 8.3 already, so I don't think we will see much more from this before 8.3 PTR), there will likely be some firelands timewalking testing (if that didn't already happen, no clue 'cause not interested in) and some bugfixes for that party sync stuff. Besides the anniversary stuff there won't be much more because it's a .5-patch.
    I think it only seems so dry because we don't know (and probably won't get to know) anything about the further story development. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I keep my hopes low. My guess: some additional bugfixes and then release in some weeks (end of september sounds reasonable to me). Boring times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    I'm afraid we won't see much more for 8.2.5 on the PTR. The warcampaign/story part will likely stay encrypted to avoid spoilers (that durotar warfront stuff is probably for 8.3 already, so I don't think we will see much more from this before 8.3 PTR), there will likely be some firelands timewalking testing (if that didn't already happen, no clue 'cause not interested in) and some bugfixes for that party sync stuff. Besides the anniversary stuff there won't be much more because it's a .5-patch.
    I think it only seems so dry because we don't know (and probably won't get to know) anything about the further story development. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I keep my hopes low. My guess: some additional bugfixes and then release in some weeks (end of september sounds reasonable to me). Boring times ahead.
    The problem with discussin the 8.2.5 patch is that the meat of the patch is in the War campaign, which is encrypted. And the 15th anniversary event, which is not something that stimulates discussion.

Unless unencrypts some War campaign stuff the 8.2.5 patch could come without much hype, which could be potentially disastrous for the health of the game, though i suppose Blizz might be banking on Classic acting as a safety net, though i would not hope so, seeing as it really should be the otehr way around.

I find it hard to believe that everything we saw for 8.2.5 is the entirety of it. Anniversary event, two revamped races and new partying system? Also war campaign, but where’s the repeatable content? The things that will leave us busy for a month or so?

I think the crunchiest (or juiciest) stuff is still not in the PTR, or else this patch will be one of the weakest ones, close to 5.3 or 6.1. With Classic out of the way, I’m hoping we will get an announcement (or larger build) next week.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    As it is now, 8.2.5 has less content than 6.1
    To be fair, isnt that exactly what it should be like anyways? 6.1 was a main patch, 8.2.5 is a minor patch between 2 major ones.

That being said, not sure why the .5 patches have to be absolutely packed anyways, we have a timewalking raid, loads of stuff in the anniversary event (Which lasts 2 weeks, so it is a decent chunk of the expected lifespan of the patch) and a war campaign with a potential cinematic.