Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Alliance takes several weeks to months after the Horde to get to the 100 raids cleared. The split matters quite a bit.
    I meant that I heard so many times that Alliance is so behind because they have weaker racials. In BoD racials didn't matter, because every faction had the same on last 6 bosses.

Truth is that best players just want play in single community. They picked Horde for several reasons over 10 years ago and nothing outside merging factions for PVE content would change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Horde exclusive mounts are nothing special to be honest. Alliance so far in BfA got exclusive hippo and now exclusive bee. So it's not like they were in worse situation, they are just louder.

Similar with mythic raids, every time I hear screaming that it's Horde dominated because of racials. Meanwhile during BoD raid H/A split didn't matter at all and result was exactly the same.
    Alliance got 3 horses, 2 of which were recolors, Horde got 3 completely different mounts, 2 of which were new models. In addition to that, Horde got the 2 extra mounts. True, Alliance could get recolors of 2 of the mounts Horde could get, and be able to use the Horde mounts if they got them on a Horde alt, the fact still stands that as a casual mount collector, Horde got more variety and quantity of mounts than Alliance did. Could also mention how Horde got 3 new flying mounts, 1 of which was a spectral mount, the model itself being one introduced this expansion. Alliance got 3 recolors of a mount from MoP.

Alliance getting a single unique mount that they can have is a nice gesture that allows Alliance to finally have something substantial to hold over the Horde for once. Now all we need is a mirror to the Saurfang quest and we are close to parity.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They really shouldn't, killing off random characters randomly doesn't really make it interesting, just annoyed. Vol'Jin got killed off in Legion and well..... it was a waste.
    Where they dropped the ball isn’t offing everyone for shock value to end it; it was not having the horde kill jaina to end bod

That plot armor

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I meant that I heard so many times that Alliance is so behind because they have weaker racials. In BoD racials didn't matter, because every faction had the same on last 6 bosses.

Truth is that best players just want play in single community. They picked Horde for several reasons over 10 years ago and nothing outside merging factions for PVE content would change that.
    Alliance racials are not substantially worse than Horde at the moment honestly, maybe a tiny bit on a boss-to-boss basis. The problem came more from Horde having way more powerful racials until halfway through MoP, when Throne of Thudner had 3 Beast type bosses, and Trolls had an utility racial that gave them 10% more damage to Beasts. (This racial was later retooled to giving 10% extra exdperience from beasts instead)

Snowball effect happened after that, raiders who want to get serious about high-end raiding eventually gravitate towards where the best players and guilds are, and because of the aftereffects of the old inbalance, those groups are on Horde.

Only way to fix this imbalance at this moment would be to incentivise raiding on Alliance, which risk the pendulum swinging in the opposite direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Only way to fix this imbalance at this moment would be to incentivise raiding on Alliance, which risk the pendulum swinging in the opposite direction.
    Only way to fix it is to allow cross faction raiding. Anything short of that would just swing the pendulum to one of the factions. The problem is inherent to the split, even if both factions were completely even in gameplay, people would gravitate to the one with the bigger raiding community.

I hope we get a new patch this week. This is by far one of the most disappointing datamining sessions in a while. We want moooooore!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I hope we get a new patch this week. This is by far one of the most disappointing datamining sessions in a while. We want moooooore!
    Monday is a holiday for those of us in the US (Labor Day Weekend). So don't expect any crazy update tomorrow

But yeah, they've finally hidden their upcoming content (well, the story anyway) so now the wait between patches feels even longer than it actually is :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Where they dropped the ball isn’t offing everyone for shock value to end it; it was not having the horde kill jaina to end bod

That plot armor
    I'm not a Jaina fanboy, but your shock value comment is ironic considering you wanted Jaina dead at the end of BoD (seemingly just cuz). Do you think her story is over?

Rastakhan - a lot of people knew from the beginning Talanji was being set-up to take his role and so his death wasn't a surprise (nor unnecessary).

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Plot armor lol.....People use that term too much like it means anything.
    #TeamLegion

Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

Says someone that admits to Jaina being his waifu under his pic.

I'm surprised Katherine hasn't died yet for the sake of drama. I was expecting it to happen at the end of Tiragarde.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I'm surprised Katherine hasn't died yet for the sake of drama. I was expecting it to happen at the end of Tiragarde.
    Yeah that’s what I’ve been expecting for a long time. That her mom would kick the bucket due to Horde or something to keep the whole “faction war” alive or something.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Yeah that’s what I’ve been expecting for a long time. That her mom would kick the bucket due to Horde or something to keep the whole “faction war” alive or something.
    What could be an interesting twist for Katherine at the end is her dying when Sylvanas raises Daelin, she makes a last stand trying to make her husband come ot her senses, would be quite a dramatic twist and would remove her, allowing for the 3 remaining Proudmoore siblings to grow more orginically in potential future stories.

Katherine voices the Kul Tiran character intro so I personally don't think she's going anywhere. I'm curious to see if Blizz has anything interesting planned with Derek and Calia. Jaina implied she was going to take him to see her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Extensive datamaning might be a thing of the past with the encryption they got.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    Katherine voices the Kul Tiran character intro so I personally don't think she's going anywhere. I'm curious to see if Blizz has anything interesting planned with Derek and Calia. Jaina implied she was going to take him to see her.
    Ohh yeah, forgot about that. Guess she isnt going anywhere then. Bit of a shame from a narrative perspective, but what can you do.

Shouldn't they have announced 8.3 already? Will they spoil it at the blizzcon with the new expansion reveal?

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    Shouldn't they have announced 8.3 already? Will they spoil it at the blizzcon with the new expansion reveal?
    Nah, we still got 2 months, they might do a stream for .3 like they did for .1
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Nah, we still got 2 months, they might do a stream for .3 like they did for .1
    Or they might do 8.3 and xpac at blizzcon. Not sure though.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

It means a lot actually.

Especially in cases like Nathanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Ohh yeah, forgot about that. Guess she isnt going anywhere then. Bit of a shame from a narrative perspective, but what can you do.
    Meh, killing characters is way overused. There's no shock value anymore because everybody expects it to happen.