Still betting money on Nathanos betraying Sylvanas at the very last minute.

I just had a 2GB update to the PTR start downloading. Is this new?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Yup, see front page.

Also some big whoppers of cinematics. Like 4 and 6 minutes whopper.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Field Marshal
    yes this is the new build

Like jeez, come on... I know I will probably not like how the war campaign ends, but damn - hurry up, Blizzard and just drop the patch or de-encrypt stuff, so I can spoil it for myself :P

I don't understand why do people instantly sperg out with negativity ala "AGhahgha it will be same old, boring shit it's Blizzard etc etc" rather than being excited and hoping they'll do something cool.

Nice.

Do we know when it'll be decrypted? As in, does this new PTR patch actually mean anything to us in the short term, or are we still in for a 4 week wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    I don't understand why do people instantly sperg out with negativity ala "AGhahgha it will be same old, boring shit it's Blizzard etc etc" rather than being excited and hoping they'll do something cool.
    We've been beaten down by WoD, Argus, and BFA all sucking.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You* you have. Argus wasn't even bad as an ending but ok @_@ WoD was a long time ago and really need to let it go. BFA is exxagerated in its badness, its not flawless but the drama over it is absurd. Just wait and see and stop freaking out. I'm not, many people assumed something else from the Azshara cinematic and got something else, acting like we learned nothing when ...we kinda did.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-09-12 at 07:07 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

WoD was time travel nonsense and was horrible, admittedly and BfA hasn't really been THAT bad, it's just people who hate Sylvanas tbh and think it broke her character without knowing the full picture yet. Also, what was wrong with Argus?

Do we know when it'll be decrypted?
    If they went through all this trouble to keep the war campaign stuff encrypted, I'm guessing it will stay that way until the patch is released.

As in, does this new PTR patch actually mean anything to us in the short term, or are we still in for a 4 week wait?
    I mean, adding cinematics and the splash screen to the PTR build might be a sign that we're close to the patch release, but who knows?
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2019-09-12 at 07:12 PM.

Anyone who thought Argus was WoD/BFA levels skipped the dumpster fire that was 7.2. I'm pretty sure people have mentally repressed that crap at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    If they went through all this trouble to keep the war campaign stuff encrypted, I'm guessing it will stay that way until the patch is released.

I mean, adding cinematics and the splash screen to the PTR build might be a sign that we're close to the patch release, but who knows?
    IMO, the real question is if it's even decrypted right away when the patch is released. The splash screen makes that answer likely yes, but Blizz has been known to spread content out over time before and it would buy them some time to prep for Blizzcon if they want to hold 8.3 back until then.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    IMO, the real question is if it's even decrypted right away when the patch is released. The splash screen makes that answer likely yes, but Blizz has been known to spread content out over time before and it would buy them some time to prep for Blizzcon if they want to hold 8.3 back until then.
    I could see Blizz deciding to stagger out the Campaign in waves like, infamously, the Broken Shore.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Anyone who thought Argus was WoD/BFA levels skipped the dumpster fire that was 7.2. I'm pretty sure people have mentally repressed that crap at this point.
    That is what always happens. When BfA started everyone was all up in arms over how terrible the Azerite system was compared to the Legiondaries and Artifact system, forgetting to think about how awful it felt in the first patch of Legion to be the last peron in the raid to get a legendary, and then for it to be the worst one. Or how bad it felt to lag behind in gearing up your artifact, just to realize you wanted to play a different one, and basically having to start again.

When 9.0 rolls around i bet that loads of people on the forums are going to praise Islands and Warfronts for doing something new and shit at the new systems for being garbage, oblivious to the fact that this happens in every expansion ever.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Ouch, I would hate that. But I could easily see them spreading the story out over several weeks. The question is: do they want us to have the big reveal PRIOR to BlizzCon, DURING BlizzCon, or AFTER?

To me, it makes the most sense that we see it all before BlizzCon so they can come out swinging with news about 9.0, without having to hold back.

Update:

Although that said, it wouldn't surprise me if 8.2.5 ended on a massive cliffhanger that is resolved in the 9.0 announcement trailer or cinematic at BlizzCon.

I could see Blizz deciding to stagger out the Campaign in waves like, infamously, the Broken Shore.
    To be fair on Broken shore, while it was absolute dogshit, what made it bad was not it being a weekly thing, it was that the weekly thing was the most uninspired bland dreck Blizz had put in the game to serve as the buildup to a highly anticipated raid.

A proper storyline spaced out over, say, a month could be quite good for the longevity of the game, it means that players like me who have done basically everything they want ot in the game get to look forward to something other than the M+ cache that will probably not contain anything.

Funny, how the wowhead writers assume the exact opposite for what's going to happen than the majority of this thread...i.e. something big and surprising will happen, because a 6min cinematic can only mean story twists. Man, I hope this patch hits live servers soon.

The war is ending in 8.2.5? Does this mean that the Shadowlands "leak" was bullshit then? Thank fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    The war is ending in 8.2.5? Does this mean that the Shadowlands "leak" was bullshit then? Thank fuck.
    Yes, it means exactly that, thankfully.