1. #14181
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    The war is ending in 8.2.5? Does this mean that the Shadowlands "leak" was bullshit then? Thank fuck.
    To be fair: the warcampaign ends. That doesn't automatically mean that the war will be over. Just the PC driven questlines around it.

  2. #14182
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    PTR realms just patched up to 8.2.5.31795. No build out yet.
    Sounds like they have some issues getting it to run properly.

  3. #14183
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Funny, how the wowhead writers assume the exact opposite for what's going to happen than the majority of this thread...i.e. something big and surprising will happen, because a 6min cinematic can only mean story twists. Man, I hope this patch hits live servers soon.
    These are the same forums that complain about there being bnothing to do after defeating the last boss on NM and doing the accompanying questline, oblivious ot the multitides of alternative playstyles or rewards they could be pursuing instead.

  4. #14184
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    To be fair: the warcampaign ends. That doesn't automatically mean that the war will be over. Just the PC driven questlines around it.
    It says "conclusion". While there may be some things happening, the major storyline will be finished.

  5. #14185
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Sounds like they have some issues getting it to run properly.
    Uhm... the build is already out

  6. #14186
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    Uhm... the build is already out
    It took them three builds to get to that point, that's what i meant.

  7. #14187
    Remember, just because the war campaign ends doesn't mean Stormwind doesn't get attacked by Helyavanaszoth

  8. #14188
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    The war is ending in 8.2.5? Does this mean that the Shadowlands "leak" was bullshit then? Thank fuck.
    War campaign ending most likely just means tht the Horde and Alliance stop fighting officially. The shadowlands leak could still be true (though god i hope not with that insane Sylvanas twist)
    It would just mean that when the hypothetical Stormwind raid comes out Sylvanas is not in any way affiliated with teh Horde, meaning it would be a bit odd to still count it among the Horde vs Alliance questlines.

  9. #14189
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It says "conclusion". While there may be some things happening, the major storyline will be finished.
    Yeah. I'm not seeing how you can "conclude" the war campaign and then have Sylvanas attack Stormwind and Thunder Bluff next patch..

  10. #14190
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Helyavanaszoth
    N'vanaya? xD

  11. #14191
    Thrilling conclusion to the war campaign. There's the encryption, though they should do as much as possible in terms of encrypting going forward. Though I don't think it'll amount to more than an hour of questing content.

    Makes sense because in 8.3, we have to unite against N'Zoth and we were going to at the end of TEP. As said in-game it's the real Battle for Azeroth after all.

  12. #14192
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Remember, just because the war campaign ends doesn't mean Stormwind doesn't get attacked by Helyavanaszoth
    Why would they. Stormwind is just a city. Is there a hidden temple? Hidden titan facility? Not as far as I remember. Why would either N'zoth or Helya attack Stormwind?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  13. #14193
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    To be fair on Broken shore, while it was absolute dogshit, what made it bad was not it being a weekly thing, it was that the weekly thing was the most uninspired bland dreck Blizz had put in the game to serve as the buildup to a highly anticipated raid.

    A proper storyline spaced out over, say, a month could be quite good for the longevity of the game, it means that players like me who have done basically everything they want ot in the game get to look forward to something other than the M+ cache that will probably not contain anything.
    Yeah Broken Shore's biggest problem was most of the weeks were useless filler (shoutouts to that week that was just one long Khadgar joke). In this case I could see it rolling out in 3 phases over 3 weeks. Maybe phase 1 is just the useless setup stuff, phase 2 is Stormwind, phase 3 is Orgrimmar.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  14. #14194
    6:40 cinematic is hype btw.

    What are the longest cinematics made?

  15. #14195
    So we learned two things:

    1. Encryption stuff is indeed connected to patch content, not only virtual ticket/pre-order stuff. It probably means that days when we learned story on PTR are over.

    2. Another sign that 8.3 will be pure N'zoth patch, since we conclude War Campaign on this one.

  16. #14196
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    World of Wisconsin
    Posts
    33,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Courierrawr View Post
    Yeah. I'm not seeing how you can "conclude" the war campaign and then have Sylvanas attack Stormwind and Thunder Bluff next patch..
    If she's a third party actor at that point I could maybe see it.

    But there's been -1 buildup of Sylvanas going third party rogue this expansion. All the evidence says she's surviving to 9.0, but losing her role as Warchief and Forsaken Leader.

    Which, by the way, busts Shadowlands.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

    Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

    Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

  17. #14197
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why would they. Stormwind is just a city. Is there a hidden temple? Hidden titan facility? Not as far as I remember. Why would either N'zoth or Helya attack Stormwind?
    To unleash Hogger from the Stockades /s

  18. #14198
    Fluffy Parrot Marlamin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,817
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    6:40 cinematic is hype btw.

    What are the longest cinematics made?
    After WoWHead newsed the cinematic lengths someone pointed out they are very close in runtime to the already released Saurfang cinematics. Don't get your hopes up.

  19. #14199
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    If she's a third party actor at that point I could maybe see it.

    But there's been -1 buildup of Sylvanas going third party rogue this expansion. All the evidence says she's surviving to 9.0, but losing her role as Warchief and Forsaken Leader.

    Which, by the way, busts Shadowlands.
    Why would she lose her role as Forsaken leader though? They're all behind her except the Desolate Council which has basically been obliterated? You mean because Forsaken are part of the Horde and Sylvanas will become a Horde enemy?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  20. #14200
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    After WoWHead newsed the cinematic lengths someone pointed out they are very close in runtime to the already released Saurfang cinematics. Don't get your hopes up.
    Do we know if its an ingame cinematic or a fancy cinematic?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •