7+ Year Old Account
    I am also happy that all the warmonger players are upset at the possibility of a faction unification (regardless if it happens or not) lol, just reading the posts are great!

- - - Updated - - -

Auctioneer Ralinza: Hey, I remember you! Always runnin' your mouth about how great Sylvanas was. Get outta my auction house!
    Rilgiz: You got two seocnds to scram. We ain't holdin' nothing' for the mooks who stood with Sylvanas.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=295290/...loyalists-bain

LOL this is amazing

My only real complain is about how short and uneventful the questline was.
    There were no stakes at any moment. It could have been full of small moments with several races and characters, but ultimately it went nowhere. Blizzard just needed something between the two cinematics.

Aside from that, am I happy? No. Too much like MoP. And Alliance are still sidekicks to the Horde. But I don't think it was that terrible.

On the plus side, my prediction for patch 8.3 still applies. Let's see where we go next.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    My only real complain is about how short and uneventful the questline was.
    There were no stakes at any moment. It could have been full of small moments with several races and characters, but ultimately it went nowhere. Blizzard just needed something between the two cinematics.

Aside from that, am I happy? No. Too much like MoP. And Alliance are still sidekicks to the Horde. But I don't think it was that terrible.

On the plus side, my prediction for patch 8.3 still applies. Let's see where we go next.
    The best story content in the game is increasingly found only in the cinematics. Gameplay is increasingly becoming an afterthought mechanic to get us from one big cinematic moment to the next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    The best story content in the game is increasingly found only in the cinematics. Gameplay is increasingly becoming an afterthought mechanic to get us from one big cinematic moment to the next.
    Cinematics that happen ingame instead of just posted on the internet, there's not much gameplay to be had watching Saurfang fight Sylvanas in the way that they did. This is a very nitpicky complaint and its not like a major content patch like .2
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If it's literal the entire events of BfA could be the "Battle for Azeroth" and there's nothing more to it though.
    so you mean like Mists of Pandaria? *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    With the loyalist ending, I think it actually opens up Dark Rangers being a new class. It may not happen but the seeds are there.
    I know what you mean, but without knowing the rest of the story we can't say. Also remember, the alliance characters don't have an option to align with her, so unless we go back to faction specific classes, i don't think it's gonna make much sense.
    Also cause the story would be Illidan v2.

The seeds are planted for Tinker as well and seem to make more sense. We'll see.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-09-24 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Cinematics that happen ingame instead of just posted on the internet, there's not much gameplay to be had watching Saurfang fight Sylvanas in the way that they did. This is a very nitpicky complaint and its not like a major content patch like .2
    How long is this new scenario? How long is this new cinematic?

I get the feeling the cinematic may take almost as long to watch as completing the scenario in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    How long is this new scenario? How long is this new cinematic?

I get the feeling the cinematic may take almost as long to watch as completing the scenario in game.
    The last one on YT is 6 minutes and 26 seconds so...roughly 5 minutes. Its not long at all.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The last one on YT is 6 minutes and 26 seconds so...roughly 5 minutes. Its not long at all.
    And how long does the scenario take to complete? Is it a fun enough experience to want to do again? Essentially what I'm asking is where did Blizzard devote more of its resources? A cinematic, or an in-game scenario?

And how long does the scenario take to complete? Is it a fun enough experience to want to do again? Essentially what I'm asking is where did Blizzard devote more of its resources? A cinematic, or an in-game scenario?
    Cinematic, clearly. The scenario is not very detailed, but there are some nice flavor discussions littered around between Alliance and Horde troops that you can easily miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not a fair comparison most real life CGI cinematics take a lot longer to do then some quests. If you somehow are trying to get a "Gotcha Blizz is lazy" then you won't get one.

Warrior-Magi

Its not a fair comparison most real life CGI cinematics take a lot longer to do then some quests. If you somehow are trying to get a "Gotcha Blizz is lazy" then you won't get one.
    I'm not saying they're lazy. I'm saying this is a video game first and foremost and not a movie. They should remember that. When gameplay is becoming an afterthought to your cinematics team you have a big problem in game development

7+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to something like a story heavy quest chain such as the War Campaign then honestly I'm completely ok with it. Like today's ending chapter of the War Campaign.

I'm glad how short it was to get to the "meat" which were the cinematics and I'm extremely glad it wasn't gated AT ALL. That's how I want heavy story-based to be because the "meat and potatoes" are all in the cinematics/cutscenes themselves.

They still had nice quips here and there that you definitely can miss if you're rushing through, but that's why I like places like Wowhead lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying they're lazy. I'm saying this is a video game first and foremost and not a movie. They should remember that. When gameplay is becoming an afterthought to your cinematics team you have a big problem in game development
    This is like a nonissue. They got right to the choice instead of delaying it.

Warrior-Magi

It could have been full of small moments with several races and characters
    It was. Did you just blaze through picking up and turning in quests and so not get all the dialogue between people?

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    no, the leak would've stated that this would happen in 8.2.5, so therefore the Shadowlands leak is false.
    The leak with the raid and that is proven fake now.

But the one with the map screenshot might still be true. It was clearly used to inspire the fake leak too.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-09-24 at 11:52 PM.

This is like a nonissue. They got right to the choice instead of delaying it.
    Ok let's put this another way. I've watched the cinematics on youtube. What am I missing by not playing through the content in the game that leads to them? Is it a particularly enjoyable piece of gameplay?

7+ Year Old Account
    And Alliance are still sidekicks to the Horde. But I don't think it was that terrible.
    I think because there was a lot of teasing of set-ups in this patch. The "true Battle of Azeroth", the stuff in the War Campaign ending, Tyrande being absent (this is a huge one upcoming for Alliance).

Tyrande will be the new "warmonger" watch. It might even be why "faction unification" happens as in, probably story-wise the two greater factions (Horde/Alliance) get so consumed by doing their own thing (Night Elves wanting vengeance, Forsaken without a leader/home, Calia being spoken of bringing hope to ppl, Orgrimmar without a Warchief, etc).

Like what it could be is, gameplay wise you can play / do quests/instances with whoever because story-wise "The War is Over" and right now many of the separate groups are tending to their wounded/re-building and so "accept aid" from whoever (aka the player by doing quests).

So it's not strictly "factions are all buddy buddy" but that us the players become essentially free-agents.

Although this is probably doubtful because then it changes a lot of the quests in past content (unless Blizzard doesn't give a shit like they don't with new races/classes experiencing old content).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    With that said, i'm thinking that shadowlands might just be 8.3 rather than a new xpac.
    Shadowlands (the place) could be a thing we go to in 8.3 because imo I think the bit from the Sylvanas loyalist thing "all will be revealed when you see me next" (or some shit like that PARAPHRASING) looks like a future setup - either for next expac or another time.

Shadowlands (the leak) is full of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Re origination on Silithus.
    Would be cool if a being like Algalon succeeded in re originating Azeroth tbh, especially if it would result in a completely new world to explore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    The leak with the raid and that is proven fake now.

But the one with the map screenshot might still be true. It was clearly used to inspire the fake leak too.
    It's because it was a part of an old fake leak

My thoughts after seeing the cinematic.

If N’zoth was smart he’d let the Alliance and Horde grow soft before executing his plan. Sylvanas said it in the opening BFA cinematic, the cycle of hatred is what makes them strong.

Breaking that cycle will be their undoing.

If there is a time skip of let’s say 10 years of peace next expansion, it could explain the level squish.