The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    If they were testing crossfaction questing now, I wonder if it will also be in 8.3. If it's the big reveal of 9.0, I wonder if they are revealing both at Blizzcon?
    I'm gonna stick to my guns that level sync was meant to be the big 8.3 expansion preview feature, but was bumped up to help drum up hype for the game after Classic gavev it a run for its money.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm gonna stick to my guns that level sync was meant to be the big 8.3 expansion preview feature, but was bumped up to help drum up hype for the game after Classic gavev it a run for its money.
    Extremely doubtful. It was clealry designed in tandem with the new raf, which has obviously been in development for a very long time.

One of the rare occasions I agree with Hitei, this being tied into the new RAF certainly makes more sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Party Sync is a feature that absolutely fits perfectly where it released.

This is the kind of “mid expansion lull” where it’s perfect to put a feature like this because it’s not one of those “come play the game now because of this!” Like how new races/classes/zones/expansions are.

Basically it’s more for player retention than player recruitment. But that’s exactly why it released along with the new RAF as others have said. To do both.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Honestly love the way ESO does it's factions. They are story based but anyone can do the quests on the PvE side, and then there's the whole PvP overworld where your faction matters.
    It's horribly done in ESO though as it makes no sense at all. You're murdering your own faction, allies etc.

If WoW implements something like this they better make it logical from a story-standpoint. The idea in ESO was nice the execution was awful, they just opened up all the existing quests for everyone. For example if they'd do this in WoW this would mean as an Alliance player you can go to Barrens and kill Theramore soldiers.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

If WoW implements something like this they better make it logical from a story-standpoint. The idea in ESO was nice the execution was awful, they just opened up all the existing quests for everyone. For example if they'd do this in WoW this would mean as an Alliance player you can go to Barrens and kill Theramore soldiers.
    Yeah- it just make sense, when we only have access to Dungeons and Raids.
    Guilds, quest, zones and pvp should stay the same as they are.

But form a story-standpoint...orcs and humans have different language?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoshanki View Post
    But form a story-standpoint...orcs and humans have different language?
    In lore everyone speaks common on azeroth, yes, even the orcs. The horde races wouldn't bother to learn orcish either, that is something mostly old orcs would still know from their time on draenor before they came to azeroth. The language divide is purely there because Blizzard realized that giving teens some tribal culture to rally behind and hammering it into their empty skulls, will inevitably lead to people flaming one another non-stop in chat, which looks bad for PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    The recolored WoD pet you mentioned two quotes up is the pet for the Alliance murloc? What?
    An item, a murloc (per faction) and the murloc has a pet themselves, existing models (WoD and Classic). One more game has WoW styled rewards, one franchise is featured on key art but to my knowledge has no VT ingame rewards. Not working directly related to these things though, so no guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    The campaign finale happened in the overworld indeed.
    Since WoD, "scenarios" don't need to be instanced, they can just be phases of the open world.
    Actually, they just hid the loading screen. The scenarios where still instanced, including the Garrison. That's what killed the instance servers, because apparently Blizzard thought it was a good idea to tunnel everybody onto them all at the same time, and each with their own seperate instance.

But Durotar appears to just be a conventional regular phased zone. Though at this point, between CRZ and Sharding, the difference might well be moot anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    yeah, like is aid, there still a threat,so thy will not kill each other until those things are done for good.
    And if the threat lasts long enough, they might no longer consider each other enemies. Those things do actually happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking if the patch 8.3 will be showed at Blizzacon and will be showed the next expansion as well... it will be an immensive spoiler about the end of this expansion.

Make sense?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    I was thinking if the patch 8.3 will be showed at Blizzacon and will be showed the next expansion as well... it will be an immensive spoiler about the end of this expansion.

Make sense?
    This has happened multiple times before to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    Iirc cata and mop reveal trailers had like a short scene of patches/stories that were at that point actual. Cata showed ICC and MoP had Dragon Soul in it.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

The "spoiler" part? Not really. Earlier expansion weren't as much connected as the newer ones. WoD might have spoiled Legion a bit but that's it. 7.3 didn't spoil BfA yet I am sure 8.3 will spoil 9.0 or vice versa.

It's a weird situation this time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like when?

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    Like when?
    See above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The "spoiler" part? Not really. Earlier expansion weren't as much connected as the newer ones. WoD might have spoiled Legion a bit but that's it. 7.3 didn't spoil BfA yet I am sure 8.3 will spoil 9.0 or vice versa.

Depends how closely 8.3 segues us into the next expansion. All I was saying is that we've had expansion reveals before final patches. MoP was revealed before we knew about Dragon Soul iirc (though it was still a mystery for a while about why Pandaria sudennly appeared, but it wasn't hard to guess) and the Cataclysm revel trailer gave us our first look at ICC (though granted that's not a spoiler).

we still hasn't seen big ass azshara cannon shooting anything, my bet is it will be used to shoot at n'zoth (maybe as a raid encounter). that is ofc, if they won't go back on their promise, but let's assume they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    we still hasn't seen big ass azshara cannon shooting anything, my bet is it will be used to shoot at n'zoth (maybe as a raid encounter). that is ofc, if they won't go back on their promise, but let's assume they won't.
    This seems like the only real possibility now unless Gallywix goes off the deep end for some reason and nukes Stormwind (next to them just cutting this idea ofc). Was really hoping we'd see it used in the War Campaign to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    Maybe the Nightelfs use it on Durator ? They did say Tyrande is missing and the nightelf army took Azshara zone before the fight on Orgrimmar start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    Maybe the Nightelfs use it on Durator ? They did say Tyrande is missing and the nightelf army took Azshara zone before the fight on Orgrimmar start.
    The Night Elves took over Azshara?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

Exactly. Its not about spoiling the next expansion, but about how this expansion will end. At this point we dont know if we face Nzoth and/or Sylvanas, if the big cannon over Azshara will shot to Stormwind or to N'zoth, if we all die...

Even if the 8.3 will be on test real the next week... we are not sure how this expansion will end.