7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You can't kill an Old God without wrecking the planet.

Unless that's been retconned
    True, but the Blade of the Black Empire seems to be a tool created for that purpose that was used on Xal'atath for whatever reason. From my understanding it was probably created to deal with rogue Old Gods or beings created by the Void Lords that would defy them.
    It doesn't kill them, but it traps their essence so their body probably just rots away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Oh, so no Old God master plan? No "haha, thanks for stabbing me with Xal'atath"? Disappointing.
    Depends which old god? If Xal'atath truly was once an old god then we are doing her a favor by pushing back the rest of the Old Gods that captured her and leaving the spot open for her to take over the Black Empire (and if N'Zoth gets captured in the blade he could possibly in the future get a humanoid body)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

It kind of was.

The Titans couldn't kill them without tearing Azeroth apart, so they sent their army of constructs to imprison them.

Then we went in and killed the two imprisoned Old Gods without issue. And now it's likely we'll kill the last one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It kind of was.

The Titans couldn't kill them without tearing Azeroth apart, so they sent their army of constructs to imprison them.

Then we went in and killed the two imprisoned Old Gods without issue. And now it's likely we'll kill the last one, too.
    Yogg and C'thun aren't dead. They're still in prison, we just beat them back inside their gay baby jails.

7+ Year Old Account
    It kind of was.

As of right now, the 2 are "Defeated" while Y'shaarj is the only one dead. And from the Legion Prepatch in ulduar we know that there has been some more old god activity there since then.

And in the comics it is shown that they can be brought back (but that was stopped by a character who may or may not be like or confirmed canon).

That was never the case.

Chronicles explicitly states that ripping out Y'Shaarj was the problem, not that Y'Shaarj died.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Yogg and C'thun aren't dead. They're still in prison, we just beat them back inside their gay baby jails.
    That's head canon, and most things hint to them being dead, like Xalatath kind of stating that N'zoth is the last one alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    As of right now, the 2 are "Defeated" while Y'shaarj is the only one dead. And from the Legion Prepatch in ulduar we know that there has been some more old god activity there since then.

And in the comics it is shown that they can be brought back (but that was stopped by a character who may or may not be like or confirmed canon).
    I mean, Y'Shaarj was considered dead after he got pulled out, and yet he still influenced the world.

Well, it's a fantasy world with souls and planes of existence, so anyone and anything can be brought back.

Even Y'shaarj, which was rooted out, was still able to whisper into people's minds, so I don't imagine Yogg or C'thun are any less capable. But I wouldn't expect any of them to come back until thousands of years down the line. Which puts them more in the group of "dead" than in the group of "defeated".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    N'zoth is unleashed.

That's the same comparison as comparing Argus to Sargeras tbh.
    thats why he is the last boss and do way more damage than the others

- - - Updated - - -

Until they retcon the lore, they are both super dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's a fantasy world with souls and planes of existence, so anyone and anything can be brought back.

Even Y'shaarj, which was rooted out, was still able to whisper into people's minds, so I don't imagine Yogg or C'thun are any less capable. But I wouldn't expect any of them to come back until thousands of years down the line. Which puts them more in the group of "dead" than in the group of "defeated".
    Also a world where timey-wimey stuff is possible.

Isn't the reason Yogg'Saron was able to influence Ulduar because his locks were tampered with time magic causing him to release 40 millennia before he was supposed to be.

Sauce: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Disturbance_Detected:_Ulduar

Depends which old god? If Xal'atath truly was once an old god then we are doing her a favor by pushing back the rest of the Old Gods that captured her and leaving the spot open for her to take over the Black Empire (and if N'Zoth gets captured in the blade he could possibly in the future get a humanoid body)
    Of course he had the opportunity to mess with it. Though maybe he considered what happens if he wins, didn't like his options, and decided to bugger out.

We need to see what happens at the end of the raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is there a high presence of the Twilight Hammer in 8.3? I seem to remember their numbers growing during legion, and we did have encounters with them in Silithus and the various campaings but nothing that would point to them being dwarfed again.

Is there a high presence of the Twilight Hammer in 8.3? I seem to remember their numbers growing during legion, and we did have encounters with them in Silithus and the various campaings but nothing that would point to them being dwarfed again.
    Don't think anything like that came up with the patch right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Also a world where timey-wimey stuff is possible.

Isn't the reason Yogg'Saron was able to influence Ulduar because his locks were tampered with time magic causing him to release 40 millennia before he was supposed to be.

Sauce: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Disturbance_Detected:_Ulduar
    Don't want to start a conversation about time travel, but the infinite dragonflight has done some work there. They also gave illidan different plans for the invasion of marduum and did some work in the firelands with the goal to release ragnaros early.
    Whatever they do, they pull some strings in favor of the old gods behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Don't want to start a conversation about time travel, but the infinite dragonflight has done some work there. They also gave illidan different plans for the invasion of marduum and did some work in the firelands with the goal to release ragnaros early.
    Whatever they do, they pull some strings in favor of the old gods behind the scenes.
    We are getting Visions in 8.3 after all, we could get one of that will definitely happen... I wouldn't discard time travel for 9.0 especially... Not knowing how do we defeat N'Zoth.

You know same thing as with Dragon Soul, to defeat Deathwing the dragon flight had to sacrifice their powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Not Twilights hammer, but there are player races among the forces we fight, so either the Twilights hammer is completely gone or it wa simply subsumed by the overall forces of the Old gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    We are getting Visions in 8.3 after all, we could get one of that will definitely happen... I wouldn't discard time travel for 9.0 especially... Not knowing how do we defeat N'Zoth.

You know same thing as with Dragon Soul, to defeat Deathwing the dragon flight had to sacrifice their powers.
    So we lose against N'zoth and he have to travel back in time to different moments to get each of the powers of the Dragonflights in order to restore Azeroth and defeat N'zoth.

That'd be a fun expansion, just imagine how fun the endgame would be.

From what Ion was hinting at, and from what was shown in the Chronicles, we killed them VIA hitting their heads.

- - - Updated - - -

Their heads weren't protected, while N'zoth's head is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'm surprised at people not knowing who Gazlowe is and his importance in the story. Gazlowe is THE Horde goblin. I guess a lot of people who play WoW these days never played the RTS games.
    I, for one, am REALLY fucking happy to see Gazlowe as the new Goblin "leader". He was the perfect fit for it. More-so than even Gallywix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Wonder who she's pretending to be a servant of this time.
    By "true throne of power", I think she just means Azeroth, and her World Soul. She wants to rule the world her way. Hell, just prior to that, she claims that she tires of being a herald to a god like power, or anything like that.

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone really should ask if we seen the last of Ny'alotha after 8.3.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I wonder if the names of one or some of the gear that drops in Nya'lotha are references to what the next expansion will be about. I mean like the "Spellcloak of Suramar" that dropped from Supreme Lord Kazzak in WoD.

I don't see anything that stands out. A lot of items are referring to void or something "beyond", something lurking - aswell as eyes and something watching.
    Unless, of course, all these items can be connected to the next expansion. Maybe we'll actually be dealing with the void, maybe on another planet?

There is another "Blade of the Black Empire" like Xal'atath.
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=174108/...onus=4798:1487

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I wonder if the names of one or some of the gear that drops in Nya'lotha are references to what the next expansion will be about. I mean like the "Spellcloak of Suramar" that dropped from Supreme Lord Kazzak in WoD.

I don't see anything that stands out. A lot of items are referring to void or something "beyond", something lurking - aswell as eyes and something watching.
    Unless, of course, all these items can be connected to the next expansion. Maybe we'll actually be dealing with the void, maybe on another planet?

There is another "Blade of the Black Empire" like Xal'atath.
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=174108/...onus=4798:1487
    I think we already got that with the encrypted AR death knights. The only question that remains is where the next expansion takes place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw did we talk about the fact that we are getting four world bosses? Some interesting lore there.
    Really? I just saw the Mantid Empress in vale, mind linking me the rest since I can't look into it atm?