10+ Year Old Account
    One person in particular is intent on being a self righteous jerkface(He isn't in this thread though). Outrage is so tiring.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Regardless of if the reactions to this particular issue are reasonable or not, it is not at all unlikely that someone might try to protest at Blizzcon. Heck I would not be surprised to see a Mei cosplay with Free Hong Kong elements on it. I doubt Blizzard will not have Q&As because of this though. I'd be far more wary of another "Is this an early April's fool joke?" than a someone holding up a sign.
    I'd imagine they will be searching peeps too thoroughly for a costume like this to be smuggled. Of course, someone can write some slogans already inside, but the main question is, who would risk a lifetime Blizzcon ban? It's pretty easy to be a warrior for justice in front of the monitor, when you have nothing to put at stake. And drama has already been dying down over the past week.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-10-19 at 04:06 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    One person in particular is intent on being a self righteous jerkface(He isn't in this thread though). Outrage is so tiring.
    Its sad for sure.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh God, we shifted from "where are leaks? people don't care? WoW dying?" to

in like 3-4 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outrage is popular. Even in the most small things. Still keeping an eye on one of those leaks incase its correct.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Oh God, we shifted from "where are leaks? people don't care? WoW dying?" to

in like 3-4 days.
    Yep, same happened like a few months ago.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Yep, same happened like a few months ago.
    Yeah it's basically right after a patch hits the PTR that we always see a big influx of leaks. Because people think they've "finally figured it out."

All of which sound like the third Prophet interestingly enough.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Regardless of if the reactions to this particular issue are reasonable or not, it is not at all unlikely that someone might try to protest at Blizzcon. Heck I would not be surprised to see a Mei cosplay with Free Hong Kong elements on it. I doubt Blizzard will not have Q&As because of this though. I'd be far more wary of another "Is this an early April's fool joke?" than a someone holding up a sign.
    It wasn't his fault that a mobile Diablo was actually an old April fool's joke

I wouldn’t mind getting rid of the Q and A.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    that doesnt really sound like a good idea, the Q&A segment is one of the more anticipated panels each year as it allows the community chances at appealing either niche ideas, or to gauge the devs willingness to attempt to reinstate old designs that worked or hotly discussed things, like player housing, world revamps orold abilities like Eyes of the beast.

At worst Blizz is going to either restrict, or completely remove the live section of that panel and instead focus on questions from the forums, which on one hand means less interesting questions overall, but also means a higher amount of questions, so maybe it balances out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi I'm Fuckface, Officer of the Turd Guild on "server nobody gives a shit about" and my question is if faerie dragons are actually dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Hi I'm Fuckface, Officer of the Turd Guild on "server nobody gives a shit about" and my question is if faerie dragons are actually dragons?
    Forgot the "Shout out to my guild leader balblalbablbla the officers BLLALBLBALLLBLA my real ID friends BLLALLSDLASLDL eWQPOQEO WEQWPOWQOE QWEWQEo and my family and friends"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    At worst Blizz is going to either restrict, or completely remove the live section of that panel and instead focus on questions from the forums, which on one hand means less interesting questions overall, but also means a higher amount of questions, so maybe it balances out.
    I suspect this is more or less what we'll see. A moderator giving questions from online and/or what fans have submitted, but no audience participation in the Q&A. This'll likely be how panels go too...any that end early will just end rather than allowing questions from the crowd. Too volatile for Blizz to do anything else atm.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Forgot the "Shout out to my guild leader balblalbablbla the officers BLLALBLBALLLBLA my real ID friends BLLALLSDLASLDL eWQPOQEO WEQWPOWQOE QWEWQEo and my family and friends"
    Ohh god, i just got flashbacks to the guy from last year who were way too much into Goblins and hogged the mic for a good minute giving shoutouts.

I am completely convinced now, scrap the live Q&A, or if you need to keep it, make it by invitation, or require submitting the question in advance, no more randoms from the crowd to say hi to mom before adking whether Random Tauren #4728 will get a unique model because he was mentioned twice in this obscure comic from a decade back.

Why? The best part

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Ohh god, i just got flashbacks to the guy from last year who were way too much into Goblins and hogged the mic for a good minute giving shoutouts.

I am completely convinced now, scrap the live Q&A, or if you need to keep it, make it by invitation, or require submitting the question in advance, no more randoms from the crowd to say hi to mom before adking whether Random Tauren #4728 will get a unique model because he was mentioned twice in this obscure comic from a decade back.
    Just have someone read the questions dont let people read them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The q&A to me isn't a big deal but I suspect canceling it wouldn't be worth it. Just control it heavily.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Why? The best part
    Because outside of metzen appearing there isnt much hype around it.

Hey guys I'm TooMuchMoney from <Huge in Japan>, just wanted to say FUCK CHINA and DO YOU HAVE PHONES? xDD

Repeat times fifty.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The q&A to me isn't a big deal but I suspect canceling it wouldn't be worth it. Just control it heavily.
    Get a few approved live questions from high-profile names, then move as quickly as possible onto curated questions from the forums, sifting out hte useless "Where is Arthas buried exactly" questions, and get more questions that gives new insight, like "Given the teams experience with Garrisons, do you think player housing could work?" or "With heritage armor being a single variant, and being able to transmog away everything but pants, can we expect the ability to transmog more armor types in the future?"